New Topic Respond to this Topic
Duffle
Duffle
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-07-31 05:52:12 Reply

The Newgrounds Rumble Walkthrough is finished.

Yes, I know a lot of people have already completed it, but I think it's good to have these walkthroughs for more casual medal-earners.
HeavyTank
HeavyTank
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Gamer
Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-07-31 05:59:32 Reply

At 7/31/09 05:52 AM, Duffle wrote: The Newgrounds Rumble Walkthrough is finished.

Yes, I know a lot of people have already completed it, but I think it's good to have these walkthroughs for more casual medal-earners.

Good walkthrough..
But something strange occured
I was playing that challenge where everybody has infinte ammo on OMFG and an opponent killed his teammate but thegame didn't give me Meat Shield.
Why?

Duffle
Duffle
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-07-31 06:06:04 Reply

At 7/31/09 05:59 AM, HeavyTank wrote: Good walkthrough..
But something strange occured
I was playing that challenge where everybody has infinte ammo on OMFG and an opponent killed his teammate but thegame didn't give me Meat Shield.
Why?

Maybe you can't get it in that particular challenge. Personally, I got it on the last stage of Convict's story by pure luck. My guess is that it has to be done by an opponent grabbing the powerup, because in that challenge they haven't technically gotten it.

HeavyTank
HeavyTank
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Gamer
Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-07-31 06:21:19 Reply

At 7/31/09 06:06 AM, Duffle wrote: Maybe you can't get it in that particular challenge. Personally, I got it on the last stage of Convict's story by pure luck. My guess is that it has to be done by an opponent grabbing the powerup, because in that challenge they haven't technically gotten it.

i guess you're right...l finally got Survival Horror..turns out Pico is the best character to pick if you're playing in OMFG...Pico's story is SOO easy (beat Alien Hominid, then just squash everyone on the second stage, then beat Convict easily since you're 2 vs 1 and then spam your ground kick with Pikanjo) and he is also good at Survival..l got 7 in OMFG...not bad considering that l couldn't get more than 2 yesterday..

Cyclops
Cyclops
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Movie Buff
Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-07-31 06:25:00 Reply

2 more medals to go :D

Fluffington
Fluffington
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 39
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-07-31 07:43:55 Reply

When pigs fly is by far harder than drunkin deity, speaking of it, I think I'll go attempt DD right now.

You know what would be really neat? These things actually being noticeable.

BBS Signature
LegolaSS
LegolaSS
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 55
Artist
Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-07-31 07:58:45 Reply

At 7/31/09 07:43 AM, Frank-The-Hedgehog wrote: When pigs fly is by far harder than drunkin deity, speaking of it, I think I'll go attempt DD right now.

awwww... personaly, i think dd is harder then piggys... athough i havent got either yet...

i still think that +OCD one is stupid and refuse to get it :P

BBS Signature
Auz
Auz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 57
Movie Buff
Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-07-31 08:00:14 Reply

At 7/31/09 03:12 AM, Duffle wrote:
At 7/31/09 02:50 AM, greeneggs4spam wrote: yup yup yup, they fixed the story mode problem all up. I really appreciate how fast they fixed it too.
Huh. I didn't even notice that they announced it being fixed in the author's comments:

That´s nice and all, but now this screen keeps popping up for me (see picture below). After fighting a match, the medals still did not show up...

Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]
Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz
The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 16 November 2014)

BBS Signature
greeneggs4spam
greeneggs4spam
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-07-31 08:04:39 Reply

At 7/31/09 07:43 AM, Frank-The-Hedgehog wrote: When pigs fly is by far harder than drunkin deity, speaking of it, I think I'll go attempt DD right now.

It took weeks to get all the medals in alkie kong, it took a couple hours tops to get all the medals in when pigs fly.

Good luck with DD though, sometimes you just need some time off. I finally got master tactician (I had gotten it twice before, once before it had medals, and once it just didn't register), even though I don't think anybody else ever really struggled with it I had pretty much given up on it until I tried again this night/morning/should have gone to bed instead but oh well.

BTW, I think I'm the first person with over 15k medal points!

God I hate drop the bomb and lastman though, I don't know if I'll ever finish those.

greeneggs4spam
greeneggs4spam
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-07-31 08:08:13 Reply

At 7/31/09 08:00 AM, Auz wrote:
At 7/31/09 02:50 AM, greeneggs4spam wrote: yup yup yup, they fixed the story mode problem all up. I really appreciate how fast they fixed it too.
Huh. I didn't even notice that they announced it being fixed in the author's comments:
That´s nice and all, but now this screen keeps popping up for me (see picture below). After fighting a match, the medals still did not show up...

that picture definitely means you won't be getting any medals. I would try:
-check to make sure you're still connected to the internet
-clear your cache and refresh
-log out and then back into newgrounds
-restart your computer
-try a different browser
-cry

KingExodus
KingExodus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-07-31 09:05:57 Reply

At 7/31/09 08:04 AM, greeneggs4spam wrote: BTW, I think I'm the first person with over 15k medal points!

Guess what mate I WAZ!!!!

Glamorous.

BBS Signature
Auz
Auz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 57
Movie Buff
Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-07-31 10:27:13 Reply

At 7/31/09 08:08 AM, greeneggs4spam wrote:
At 7/31/09 08:00 AM, Auz wrote:
that picture definitely means you won't be getting any medals. I would try:
-check to make sure you're still connected to the internet
-clear your cache and refresh
-log out and then back into newgrounds
-restart your computer
-try a different browser
-cry

Yeah it´s likely that I´m not getting any medals because of it. I´m starting to get some more problems now:
-A lot of pictures won´t load
-Occasionally pages won´t load and firefox gives me a network time-out error
-Can´t view other API related stuff either, such as my Ad Earnings page
-Sometimes the Post it! button doesn´t do anything

All other sites I visit work fine though. I remember I had these kind of problems some time ago as well, but I have no idea what´s wrong =/

Anyway, I think restarting would be a good idea. Thanks for the tips and all.

BBS Signature
LegolaSS
LegolaSS
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 55
Artist
Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-07-31 12:45:00 Reply

god darn it... i can do it quick but i cant get the god darn pig to stop jumping onto spikes and bashing into walls... at least i havent burnt him in lava for a while :3....

i enjoy this game much :3

Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips

BBS Signature
PWJP
PWJP
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Gamer
Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-07-31 12:53:06 Reply

yay! the medals are working now!
i don't care for the other 2 medals, so i'll wait until a new medal game.

KingExodus
KingExodus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-07-31 12:55:29 Reply

YESH I STILL KEEP SECOND PLACE FOR FASTEST TIME!

Glamorous.

BBS Signature
Auz
Auz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 57
Movie Buff
Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-07-31 13:44:08 Reply

Alright, some of the medals seem to be working now. I just got 100% completion, story mode finished and the survival medal.

The pushing an enemy off stage 3 times still appears to be broken though, and I can´t find that "listen to Piconjo´s message of love" after 100% completion. I assumed it would start right away when you beat the game 100%, but appearantly it does not.

BBS Signature
LegolaSS
LegolaSS
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 55
Artist
Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-07-31 13:52:39 Reply

At 7/31/09 01:44 PM, Auz wrote: The pushing an enemy off stage 3 times still appears to be broken though

first medal i got... try going against comp on the newgrounds map... they tend to fall out of it lots :3...

And I can´t find that "listen to Piconjo´s message of love" after 100% completion

check your data... whats that!... oooo (hover mouse over)

BBS Signature
Auz
Auz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 57
Movie Buff
Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-07-31 14:11:42 Reply

At 7/31/09 01:52 PM, LegolaSS wrote:
At 7/31/09 01:44 PM, Auz wrote: The pushing an enemy off stage 3 times still appears to be broken though
first medal i got... try going against comp on the newgrounds map... they tend to fall out of it lots :3...

Yes yes yes, I know that. It was like my main strategy with survival on OMFG mode. I got enemies to fall off screen maybe a dozen times, yet the medal never showed up.

And I can´t find that "listen to Piconjo´s message of love" after 100% completion
check your data... whats that!... oooo (hover mouse over)

Ah thanks for the tip =)

BBS Signature
Fluffington
Fluffington
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 39
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-07-31 15:26:44 Reply

To put it this way, I've went AVGN on When pigs fly, and rightfully so, the controls suck, there is NO WAY or flying straight, and I cannot go through the game without dying at least 500 times.

I Fucking. Hate. This. Game.

All these sprite games can go to fucking hell I fucking hate it I hate it I hate it BHJVHUVDUVIVYEUBVIUCBICVWIBCWUYWNUIUHRNE IRUBIVUWVCGUYRWIGRVIRUWYGYIUC

You know what would be really neat? These things actually being noticeable.

BBS Signature
HeavyTank
HeavyTank
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Gamer
Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-07-31 16:27:27 Reply

At 7/31/09 03:26 PM, Frank-The-Hedgehog wrote: I Fucking. Hate. This. Game.

All these sprite games can go to fucking hell I fucking hate it I hate it I hate it BHJVHUVDUVIVYEUBVIUCBICVWIBCWUYWNUIUHRNE IRUBIVUWVCGUYRWIGRVIRUWYGYIUC

You have the Lastman syndrome.
To cure it you must play ONLY good games for a whole day.

Pokemonpoeguygcn
Pokemonpoeguygcn
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Melancholy
Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-07-31 16:41:30 Reply

At 7/31/09 03:26 PM, Frank-The-Hedgehog wrote: I Fucking. Hate. This. Game.

Do you feel better now that you said that in the forums?

RYNOL
RYNOL
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Audiophile
Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-07-31 16:43:07 Reply

So I was planning to wait for my other computer to get all 100% medals. But I couldn't help it. The game was so good. I only need the Survival medal and then I'm done with NGR. Now I can go back to my quest to complete Lastman. I'm getting really far!

I need a sig.
PSN: gowow20

LegolaSS
LegolaSS
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 55
Artist
Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-07-31 16:51:52 Reply

anyone know of any programs that record the buttons you press and then play them back?...

it would really help me in this piggy game... when i dont mind dying i can thrash it and manage to do most bits without dying... but the second im on 1 pig life im hitting into things i never have and dying on bits that i would otherwise blitz... gah!

and yeah... i feel all the game at the moment seem to be either good... or one life pixel games :P

BBS Signature
RYNOL
RYNOL
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Audiophile
Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-07-31 17:32:40 Reply

At 7/31/09 04:51 PM, LegolaSS wrote: anyone know of any programs that record the buttons you press and then play them back?...

it would really help me in this piggy game... when i dont mind dying i can thrash it and manage to do most bits without dying... but the second im on 1 pig life im hitting into things i never have and dying on bits that i would otherwise blitz... gah!

and yeah... i feel all the game at the moment seem to be either good... or one life pixel games :P

The programs I know that do that works like Microsoft Word. you have to click on the window to write. But to play the flash game you have to click it to use the buttons. I don't know how to explain it... But I tried that on Brawl Royale and it didn't work because to type the controls I had to click on the auto typer thing. You could always try to guess when to jump and go to the side on it. But it would probably be easier to practice the game.

I need a sig.
PSN: gowow20

LegolaSS
LegolaSS
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 55
Artist
Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-07-31 17:38:26 Reply

At 7/31/09 05:32 PM, RYNOL wrote: But it would probably be easier to practice the game.

iv been playing it for ages... i think a bit of sleep would help :S... i just wondered if there was anything out there to help me skip the first easy bits untill i get to the (jaws of death (27)) and the last 3 before the ending sometime give me a bit of trouble... but 16/17 really seem to get me out even through they arnt hard... i just keep messing up on them :(

BBS Signature
SpiffyMasta
SpiffyMasta
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Melancholy
Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-07-31 19:12:05 Reply

Finally got that damn lastman medal. Now only need to go back......

This took me longer to master than DD did for sure.

Wylo
Wylo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 60
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-07-31 21:14:53 Reply

At 7/31/09 04:51 PM, LegolaSS wrote: anyone know of any programs that record the buttons you press and then play them back?...

I actually tried using one on Lastman . Didn't help. Timing is always off by a split second due to small bits of lag that Flash has.

greeneggs4spam
greeneggs4spam
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-08-01 00:21:39 Reply

You actually need to knock them off, it's not just that the jump off. I did it in story mode on easy with covict on the third stage. You just do the down and attack so you do the wheel thing and push piconjo off the bottom right of the level. Then wait until he transforms and transforms back and repeat.

At 7/31/09 09:14 PM, Wylo wrote:
I actually tried using one on Lastman . Didn't help. Timing is always off by a split second due to small bits of lag that Flash has.

I'm surprised that people on this forum don't seem to feel this is cheating. To me it seems just as bad as editing a sol file or using cheat engine. If you were going to use some additional program to beat lastman, you should have just used cheat engine with the video that was posted a while back. It's definitely not playing the game as intended to use recording software.

Wylo
Wylo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 60
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-08-01 00:40:03 Reply

At 8/1/09 12:21 AM, greeneggs4spam wrote:
At 7/31/09 09:14 PM, Wylo wrote: I actually tried using one on Lastman . Didn't help. Timing is always off by a split second due to small bits of lag that Flash has.
I'm surprised that people on this forum don't seem to feel this is cheating. To me it seems just as bad as editing a sol file or using cheat engine. If you were going to use some additional program to beat lastman, you should have just used cheat engine with the video that was posted a while back. It's definitely not playing the game as intended to use recording software.

Seeing as it doesn`t work, then there is no cheat happening for this game or for any other game most likely. Anyways, you still have to actually play the game to record it.

greeneggs4spam
greeneggs4spam
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-08-01 00:56:17 Reply

At 8/1/09 12:40 AM, Wylo wrote: Seeing as it doesn`t work, then there is no cheat happening for this game or for any other game most likely. Anyways, you still have to actually play the game to record it.

But the intention is the same, assuming it did work would it be any different? And it's really not the same as playing the game if I understand correctly, because essentially you could record your playing until you die and then playback until right before you die and continue with recording until you die again and so on. But that really is a huge advantage, instead of only one life and having to start all the way over it would in effect give you unlimited lives.

I'm not trying to call anybody a hacker or a cheater (least of all you - you've been a tremendous help to everybody), I was just mentioning that I was surprised other people didn't feel the same way about this.