00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

markololohands just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips

2,635,257 Views | 29,794 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-08-08 11:02:47

Yeah, real-time medal sync would be awesome, even though I don't know how a flash could interact with the page its on like that.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-08-08 21:30:03

I swear, Epic War 3 almost fucking crashed my computer. I'm never playing that game again, even if it means I'm at a loss of medals.

Also Alkie Kong 2 is fucking impossible and I'm giving up.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-08-09 02:23:40

At 8/8/09 09:30 PM, mothballs wrote: I swear, Epic War 3 almost fucking crashed my computer. I'm never playing that game again, even if it means I'm at a loss of medals.

Uh..time for an upgrade?

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-08-09 04:24:27

At 8/9/09 03:04 AM, JarrodK wrote: bawwwwww, didn't give me my 3 When Pigs Fly achievements.

they still work... i just got the piggy dont die (all the way home) medal... so its a problem your end :P

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-08-09 11:08:43

At 8/9/09 10:37 AM, WeirdAlthe3rd wrote:
At 8/8/09 09:30 PM, mothballs wrote: I swear, Epic War 3 almost fucking crashed my computer. I'm never playing that game again, even if it means I'm at a loss of medals.

Also Alkie Kong 2 is fucking impossible and I'm giving up.
Alkie kong 2 isn't impossible. I have almost all the acheivments for that game.

It's defiantly not the keyboard.

But I don't understand, I got all the medals in When Pigs Fly and all those other tough games, but I can't even beat Alkie Kong 2 on easy. I dunno man, I just hate that game.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-08-09 11:36:15

At 8/9/09 11:08 AM, mothballs wrote: But I don't understand, I got all the medals in When Pigs Fly and all those other tough games, but I can't even beat Alkie Kong 2 on easy. I dunno man, I just hate that game.

its pratice... practice makes perfect... and perfect is what you need for Drunken deity trust me :3

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-08-09 18:50:53

At 8/9/09 11:36 AM, LegolaSS wrote:
At 8/9/09 11:08 AM, mothballs wrote: But I don't understand, I got all the medals in When Pigs Fly and all those other tough games, but I can't even beat Alkie Kong 2 on easy. I dunno man, I just hate that game.
its pratice... practice makes perfect... and perfect is what you need for Drunken deity trust me :3

I know man, but i've been playing it for a month straight and I can't do it. I make it up to level 14 with 5 lives and 5 hearts and I die there. I can't beat that fucking level.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-08-09 19:45:01

Now that's bullshit.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-08-09 22:10:56

Meh, final got the beetle battle medal on Lastman. I still can't even beat Alkie Kong 2 on any difficulty.

Lastman was WAY easier than Alkie Kong 2.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-08-09 22:29:34

At 8/9/09 06:50 PM, mothballs wrote:
At 8/9/09 11:36 AM, LegolaSS wrote:
I know man, but i've been playing it for a month straight and I can't do it. I make it up to level 14 with 5 lives and 5 hearts and I die there. I can't beat that fucking level.

Have you thought about watching a walkthru of the game to see if there's something others are doing that your'e not? If it's always on the same level, you're probably just not looking at it correctly.

Deploy the... it's a yellow button... it's usually flashing... it makes the engines go... whoosh!

Back my puzzle/adventure story mashup

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-08-09 22:56:15

At 8/9/09 10:29 PM, chris-marks wrote:
At 8/9/09 11:08 AM, mothballs wrote:
Have you thought about watching a walkthru of the game to see if there's something others are doing that your'e not? If it's always on the same level, you're probably just not looking at it correctly.

Yes, I looked at it countless times and tried to go along with it but I can't do it.

Fuck that game, gonna go get the last medal of Lastman and finish it up.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-08-10 01:26:32

At 8/9/09 07:45 PM, Balazeal wrote: Now that's bullshit.

Now THATS funny... uh... i mean... um... well... all you need to do now is just shave off that extra second... one less accident and wola!... the medal is yours... or you could just cheat like some other people and wait for an hour... *i dont know i havent tried it to be honest*

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-08-10 06:13:45

At 8/9/09 07:45 PM, Balazeal wrote: Now that's bullshit.

Well l think now that it is acceptable for you to cheat by waiting an hour since you virtually got the medal..

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-08-10 08:27:57

3 Boss monsters in a row? do that cave trials 4 is supposed to be this hard?

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-08-10 08:43:08

At 8/10/09 08:27 AM, Arthuria99 wrote: 3 Boss monsters in a row? do that cave trials 4 is supposed to be this hard?

Yeah it´s pretty hard but doable if you use the rigth monsters. If I were you, I would add some Dragon Knights to your team and ditch those Yetis. Also, you might wanna use that earth titan. It´ll take pretty long to charge, but it can turn the tide in the battle. Furthermore, you might wanna get rid of one of those ranged attackers and use a different good unit. Minotaurs are good and so are those healing crystals.

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]

Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz

The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 5 May 2018)

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-08-10 10:07:20

At 8/10/09 08:27 AM, Arthuria99 wrote: 3 Boss monsters in a row? do that cave trials 4 is supposed to be this hard?

Have you watched the Youtube walkthroughs? :)

Dexter Season 5: "Psychopaths in love. It's like Zodiac and Juliet."

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-08-10 11:02:13

also... get the bog standard fireball in your list!!!... that thing is one sweet spell... make sure most of your stuff is maxed out as well... :3

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-08-10 11:03:41

At 8/10/09 10:07 AM, KrevZabijak wrote:

I have, and from the video i've watched, there's only one boss monster popped up during the war
and it's only the lord of darkness, then i changed my usual monster's party and bring up the ones who can do the long-range attack continuesly, but seriously wtf! now 4 boss monsters in a row after the first counter strike? any tips or strategy would be appreciated, i have no idea what to do right now

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-08-10 15:05:35

At 8/10/09 11:03 AM, Arthuria99 wrote:
At 8/10/09 10:07 AM, KrevZabijak wrote:
I have, and from the video i've watched, there's only one boss monster popped up during the war
and it's only the lord of darkness, then i changed my usual monster's party and bring up the ones who can do the long-range attack continuesly, but seriously wtf! now 4 boss monsters in a row after the first counter strike? any tips or strategy would be appreciated, i have no idea what to do right now

What I did was use mainly Red Cards seein as once their maxed out and you compare em to the other decks, they're probaly the best unit cards in the game. Those along with..i think its called Magic Cannon or soemthing like that is a great set up. For spells, keep with what you got although when i did it i used the smaller Meteor card insteada the big one. With the smaller one you cna just keep spamming away with it due to the relativly low cooldown. It isnt gonna do much to the 3 titans but it'll help keep the smaller units at bay. Other then that i cant think of anythin else. Its a pretty tough fight but definatly doable.

Think my deck was actually (havent played for a while so its hard for me to remember the exact names) Succubus, Tauros Fighter, Goblins, Centaur Archers, Dragon Knights, and Cannons. Magic was exactly the same as yours besides having the smaller meteor insteada the big one

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-08-10 15:18:46

Speaking of all this, does anybody know how to unlock the mermaid? I beat the whole thing with the dark blue hero and it's still not giving me it.

It's the last card I need to start Cave of Trials 5.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-08-10 17:31:03

I'm getting incredibly close to beating lastman. Well beating the beetle... Then I have to go home. I have a post on my userpage that talks about it. Check it out. And if you have any tips that would be great!

I need a sig.

PSN: gowow20

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-08-10 18:57:34

At 8/10/09 03:18 PM, mothballs wrote: Speaking of all this, does anybody know how to unlock the mermaid? I beat the whole thing with the dark blue hero and it's still not giving me it.

Cards are based on levels so if you maxed out all the leaders levels, you should get all the cards. Dont remember if it was dark blue or light blue though.

If you did max out all the leaders then..glitch?

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-08-10 19:17:39

At 8/10/09 06:57 PM, dragon07 wrote:
At 8/10/09 03:18 PM, mothballs wrote: Speaking of all this, does anybody know how to unlock the mermaid? I beat the whole thing with the dark blue hero and it's still not giving me it.

Cards are based on levels so if you maxed out all the leaders levels, you should get all the cards. Dont remember if it was dark blue or light blue though.

Hmm, well I just maxed out the third hero...is that enough, or do I need more?

At 8/10/09 05:31 PM, RYNOL wrote: I'm getting incredibly close to beating lastman. Well beating the beetle... Then I have to go home. I have a post on my userpage that talks about it. Check it out. And if you have any tips that would be great!

I just got the beetle battle medal last night. Here's a tip: Don't worry too much about getting hit by enemies; worry more about falling.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-08-11 02:35:23

For the last couple of weeks most medals haven't been working for me, even that trick or treat pico game, I couldn't even get that 5 point achievement. Anything wrong witih my account?

Top 50 Reviewers

Top 200 Medal Points

Follow me on miiverse MELLOWYELLOWHDR

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-08-11 03:29:32

It's impossible to beat the trials if you don't know what to do.
Still, check the video.
It is VERY helpful.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-08-11 05:24:23

iv just worked out what i was doing wrong in the OCD+ game... i wasnt waiting for the timer to come up before i gor forward... *doh*...

so i did it around 80 times... but i cant seem to enter it fast enough?... i copy and pasted it in and do i press enter afterwards?... its been such a long time since i tried :P... i might have to do it less then 80 so i can get the time to incert the numbers :P

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-08-11 06:05:51

At 8/10/09 07:17 PM, mothballs wrote:
At 8/10/09 06:57 PM, dragon07 wrote:

Hmm, well I just maxed out the third hero...is that enough, or do I need more?

Well I believe every hero has at least one unique card that only he can acquire. Therefore, you´re gonna need to beat the game with every single hero if you want to get all of them.

About the 4th Cave of Trials level thing, I believe my set-up was:
Healing Crystal, Magic Cannon, Tauros, Succubus, Dragon Knight, Earth Titan
Magic same as yours except small meteor instead of big one.

I used the hero with the most MP, the green one I believe.

Just a tip: You can throw the small meteor at defensive standing enemy units at the enemy castle. They´ll start to attack as soon as they get hit. This way you can draw them all out in a favourable way.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-08-11 09:26:30

At 8/11/09 06:05 AM, Auz wrote: Just a tip: You can throw the small meteor at defensive standing enemy units at the enemy castle. They´ll start to attack as soon as they get hit. This way you can draw them all out in a favourable way.

also what i liked doing was having the maxed out bird creature *phoniex?* with the small meteor... so what i tented to do was to keep all my guys back while sending in waves of zombies to take the damage and slow them down... then i would fire the small meteor to get them moving... then straigt after that send in the phoneix and then charge with everything.... the phoneix wipes out everything (i think) apart from the big mini bosses and dragon knights... but you should overwhelm them... i didnt use and of the titans as i thought they respawned to slow and werent as effective as the core troops...

i had zombies, golbins, tank, subs, mermaids, and elf/horse archers... i tended to keep my spells to the offensive side and just batter them with spells while keeping my archers, subs, goblins and tanks back while sending in the zombies to slow them down untill i had the combo spells ready and then charge them all in.... then do the double damage spell... when 30 golbins hit their base with the double damage.... hehehe... >:3

but like people already said... theres multiple ways of doing it... and theres already video walkthroughs for it as well...

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-08-11 10:17:36

At 8/11/09 09:26 AM, LegolaSS wrote:
At 8/11/09 06:05 AM, Auz wrote: Just a tip: You can throw the small meteor at defensive standing enemy units at the enemy castle. They´ll start to attack as soon as they get hit. This way you can draw them all out in a favourable way.
also what i liked doing was having the maxed out bird creature *phoniex?* with the small meteor... so what i tented to do was to keep all my guys back while sending in waves of zombies to take the damage and slow them down... then i would fire the small meteor to get them moving... then straigt after that send in the phoneix and then charge with everything.... the phoneix wipes out everything (i think) apart from the big mini bosses and dragon knights... but you should overwhelm them... i didnt use and of the titans as i thought they respawned to slow and werent as effective as the core troops...

Well the thing with the titans was, although they respawn very slowly, they can greatly slow the enemy down. I mean, I had all three enemy titans pretty close to my castle at some point, but then my titan managed to stop them and all the other enemy units. Now I could send forth all my other units to hack away at enemies while my earth titan took all the punches. Along with the healing crystal and healing spell, I managed to keep it alive for a very long time. Even until I was getting pretty close to the enemy castle. From then on, it´s not so hard anymore because you got a lot of fresh units in the back row. And since the enemy titans are dead, you shouldn´t be facing any diffeculties anymore.

I also might have used those suicide bombers by the way. I thought they worked pretty well as cannonfodder and they could blow up a whole group of enemies at once, making them fly through the air for a while and unable to attack.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-08-11 13:19:06

Anybody have any tips on the last medal of Vector Boom, getting 225,000 points in survival mode? I'm kind of clueless as to what to upgrade, any tips would be appreciated. :)