AdventureIslands
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 10
Game Developer
Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2015-07-28 15:28:45 Reply

At 7/28/15 02:05 PM, Syrreal wrote:
At 7/28/15 01:51 PM, Nijsse wrote: Syrreal, doesn't the timer keep going if you reset? I actually don't want to know your explanation. If there's someone who can ALWAYS find a way to unintentionally break flash games, it's you. =P

I'm serious though. Would really suck if we have to pause buffer most of the levels. I just want to go fast!
The timer stops after pressing r for a reset after around 0:00:01 up to 0:00:07 until the reset is done. Resetting at the beginning of a room of course costs time, but allows you to bypass 90% of the obstacles with a route that doesn't need skill or reactions.

I've updated the game and the timer doesn't stop during transitions anymore.

You can press both the retry button in pause menu or R key on the keyboard to retry level, both count as a death now and deny you flawless medals.

Nijsse
Nijsse
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Gamer
Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2015-07-28 15:59:10 Reply

At 7/28/15 03:28 PM, AdventureIslands wrote: I've updated the game and the timer doesn't stop during transitions anymore.

You can press both the retry button in pause menu or R key on the keyboard to retry level, both count as a death now and deny you flawless medals.

Awesome, thanks a lot.

GG 2:05:91 Inca. Guess you needed to remove some times because of the changes in the timer. Let the challenge continue! =)

applessmillion
applessmillion
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Gamer
Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2015-07-28 19:34:37 Reply

At 7/28/15 03:23 PM, Syrreal wrote: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/661303
You have to finish the game with 75 points to unlock the 75 points medal.
You have to finish the game with 100 points to unlock the Proud Newgrounds Member medal.

I don't know if it is also necessary to get an exact score for the other 2 since I had no problem with unlocking those.
It makes no sense, but this is what the game wants you to do.
I hope that @applessmillion is going to fix and work on his/her games before he/she dishes out more. Still sitting on the 500k Watt which seem to be 500m Watt in the rubber game.
I am also not sure about the question of p-bots picks because you can see clearly 5, but the runner ups complete the list to 10 which also exists as an answer making it a bit difficult to properly guess 5 in the respective question. At least you can see where your mistakes are this time making it less frustrating.

Hey,
I'll answer some of the stuff you've mentioned in the above post.
I will eventually work on the other games I've released, just wanting to do a big sweep of bug fixes than here-and-there fixing.
P-Bot picks are *excluding* runner-ups. The question is asking which games are shown from the homepage/embedded via links on the forum posts. Not just a mention with a text link (although I do see the confusion in this question.)
Metals are awarded by 25 points, 50 points, 75 points, and 100 points (NG one), and can be equal or greater than those scores to be won.
For the ERub bug, I'm pretty sure it's due to the patching system I've included into the game (updating nonexistant vars with defaults & saving before your game loads). I'll eventually remove it and deliver one final patch to hopefully fix the issues (having up to 8 different patches patch themselves to you can be an issue).
Thanks for the feedback & stuff.