00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

MatthieuxDancingDead just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips

2,635,158 Views | 29,794 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2023-07-07 03:28:11

At 7/7/23 03:21 AM, Darkstar-XX wrote: Well if you see the secret medal in other profiles that actually unlocked it. It appears with the name and description, as far as i know, i think the mdals are ok this way, otherwise it will defeat is pourpuse

That's actually false. It really was intended that you see the name of the medal (just not the description) for the secret medals, and many older games were designed with this in mind, with literally no other hints as to how to obtain. And everything just shows as "secret medal" even on other people's profiles (if you don't have the medal yourself).

They really did break the intended purpose of things by making that site-wide change.

The idea was that the name was the hint, and then after you earned it you got the description. So literally as-is defeats the purpose. You're then reliant on other people (who already got the medal before that time) to tell you, and/or just insane luck.

Want to play Flash games on Newgrounds again? See here

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2023-07-09 01:10:44

Okay, I tried every permutation I could think of and played in two browsers, did they break the "beat the game" medal with the update?

See my news post with medal hunting links and tools. I made a program NGMedals that finds your statistics and unearned medals.

There is also a browser script.

Maintainer of the Top Medal Point Users List and API Mod - feel free to PM with any issues.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2023-07-20 23:10:52

At 7/9/23 01:10 AM, Bobogoobo wrote: Okay, I tried every permutation I could think of and played in two browsers, did they break the "beat the game" medal with the update?
https://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/890256

Well let's see. I recently unlocked it, so no.

That person's games have a habit of sometimes not awarding medals, however. So you may need to try it again a few times. Medal obtained on Firefox browser.

Want to play Flash games on Newgrounds again? See here

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2024-04-07 19:24:12

Already got most medals on this one - I'm just looking for "KFC", "only 5$ each" and "To mod, or not to mod?"

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2024-04-09 12:18:19

At 4/7/24 07:24 PM, BlueMonday1984 wrote: https://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/613269
Already got most medals on this one - I'm just looking for "KFC", "only 5$ each" and "To mod, or not to mod?"

UPDATE: Found all of them - here's the interview numbers I used to get every medal:

Open Interview #001 for "FUL of P"

Open Interview #004 for "The bees Justin..."

Open Interview #005 for "HE WOBBLES..."

Open Interview #006 for "This is madness!"

Open Interview #009 for "Mariachi Mang"

Open Interview #015 for "orsppA"

Open Interview #033 for "DEAD!"

Open Interview #039 for "Sexual Decapoda"

Open Interview #047 for "Secret pixel handshake" and "YEAAAAHHHHHHHHHH..."

Open Interview #048 for "only $5 each"

Open Interview #056 for "Paradox"

Open Interview #060 for "EDD's"