- That's right! This time around, the contest is about making music that the young ones would approve off!
- One point of this contest is to get a little variation in the Audio Portal, and of course the MAC itself. And with Pico Day coming up (30'th of April), we'll be in good time to finnish this contest off for flash authors to pick and choose between the contest entries!
- For those of you who are a little out of the loop, NG's creator, Tom Fulp and his wife April Fulp are expecting their first child in mid March. It's probably not a too wild guess that quite a few of these future Pico-day flashes will include the Fulps, and their expected. And with a contest like this, perhaps we can help encourage that. Newgrounds must has soft side liek all other pepel too, on the inside, no? ^___^
- Contest entries with lyrics will most likley have an advantage in the judging process.
- Even though technical clarity always is prefered, the emphasis this time will be how funny/"good" a kidsong You managed to create! A tip could be to try to make something catchy, that kids (and adults) easily could catch on and sing along to!
- We understand that some of you might think this is childish (durrh, that's the point...), so if you prefer to make an adult-oriented song in kid-song disguise, that's perfectly fine.
- Please note that we would like you to tag your song, if it's adult-oriented or not. See rule #4 for more info!
- Like the previous MAC, the top four winners will recieve 30$ NG store credit. These credits are for the store only.
- On top of that, the following will be found in the treasure-box:
1st) 200 SUPahCredits
2nd) 125 SUPahCredits
3rd) 100 SUPahCredits
4th) 75 SUPahCredits
5th - 10th) a monkey... a cruel CRUEL monkey. He don't like your eyes, just so you know. >:(
- The SUPahCredits can both be used in the NG store and/or converted to cash. So basically, if you're one of the lucky top four bastards, you could say "I'd like this tee, this DVD, five keychains, another tee and three penicorns sent to me, and the leftovers of the SUPahCredit I'd like in cash (a check)."
- Top four submissions will also be featured on the NG Frontpage for roughly a week or so. Expoooosure, mmmm....
Bob is the one to inform of how you want the awards, but remember that only the SUPahCredit can be converted to cash. If I won, I'd totally take the oppurtunity to support the NG-family by getting some DVD's and stuff, and penicorns. At least 5 penicorns.
1 - Check the Rules for Submitting Audio to the NGAP. If you still are unsure what´s OK to upload and what´s not, check this old thread. Basically, you must not submit material that include samples you have no copyright/permission to use.
2 - Make a song according to these rules, and with that kid-spirit tossed in there, be it toddler plink plonk or a rocky tune on your acoustic guitar!
3 - Submit the song to the NG Audio Portal.
4 - Go to this thread and post a link to your songpage. You risk of not being in the contest if you do not post links to your songs (just copy/paste the html from the page, and it'll turn up with all information nessecary. NG BBS is awesome like that). Please include a tag in your post if the tune include explicit lyrics or not.
5 - If it´s a cover, include the original song title. You should pay tribute to the original artist by mentioning his/hers/theirs name in the descripton, if it doesn´t fit in the songtitle.
6 - For this contest, you may submit any number of songs. However, if you submit pure crap/spam, your entries will be excluded.
7 - Don´t come around with crappy alts. Submit music using ONE account, or make clear that you're the same person. Do not breake any of the rules stated in this thread. If we find out you do, you risk being disqualified from this contest. Depending on how serious your actions are, you might get banned from the contest for a time. Basic BBS rules apply in the discussion thread too, of course. If there are posts that are irrrelevant for the contest/spam, a BBS mod will clean up, meaning your post(s) might get deleted, and you risk serving some bantime.
8 - You should have your submission signed up for the contest in this thread BEFORE March have ended. If you cannot post by one reason or another, PM or e-mail LJCoffee or Rucklo and enter a valid reason why you can´t do it yourself, and we´ll make sure your contest entry gets included.
9 You are NOT ALLOWED to submit old pieces of music to this contest. All contests must have been submitted to the NG Audio Portal. from the date this contest was submitted.
10 - LOL! Or else. >:(
- The rules/guidelines might change slightly as the contest is running. Most likley nothing major, but stay tuned to the discussion thread just in case!