00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Duspay98 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Sonic the Hedgehog

6,737 Views | 93 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Sonic the Hedgehog 2009-03-04 18:54:33

Ok, that's it, I'm freakin tired of all the assholes dissing it because they suck at it. So what if you're not used the speedy gameplay? That's the only reason people hat the controls! because the games are integrated for speed! the other half of the asses hate it because it doesn't look absolutely real! OOHHHH!!! nothing looks real! There's no guns or bloody messes! IT'S NOT THE FUCKING END OF THE WORLD! If you're not good at it and don't like it, keep it to yourself and leave those of us who do like it in peace!

P.S. you're all assholes.

If at first you don't succeed, then you suck.

How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck was Chuck Norris? All of it.

BBS Signature

Response to Sonic the Hedgehog 2009-03-04 19:00:12

>recent sonic games
>speed

I don't think so Tim.

Response to Sonic the Hedgehog 2009-03-04 19:01:25

I can tell by your post count that you don't know much about the community here. Most Newgrounders are tired of all the things Sonic Team is doing to him. Think about it:
a gun, a shitty next gen game, a sucky racing game, and now a sword?!

Basically a lot of people want Sonic to back to the 2D days when all he did was run and never spoke a single word. Plain and simple.

BBS Signature

Response to Sonic the Hedgehog 2009-03-04 19:03:03

At 3/4/09 07:01 PM, Dragoonwing wrote:

:A thread ender.

Amen, spoken like a true patriot

Response to Sonic the Hedgehog 2009-03-04 19:05:10

At 3/4/09 07:01 PM, Dragoonwing wrote: I can tell by your post count that you don't know much about the community here. Most Newgrounders are tired of all the things Sonic Team is doing to him. Think about it:
a gun, a shitty next gen game, a sucky racing game, and now a sword?!

Basically a lot of people want Sonic to back to the 2D days when all he did was run and never spoke a single word. Plain and simple.

two problems. that shitty next gen game was epically fucking awesome, and the sword was just a cool idea. Nintendo Power even said, Sonic and the Arthurian setting went along together pretty well.

How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck was Chuck Norris? All of it.

BBS Signature

Response to Sonic the Hedgehog 2009-03-04 19:10:42

At 3/4/09 07:05 PM, Talio17 wrote: two problems. that shitty next gen game was epically fucking awesome, and the sword was just a cool idea. Nintendo Power even said, Sonic and the Arthurian setting went along together pretty well.

I'll have to agree with the masses and say that Sonic 06 was shitty and I'm suprised that a Sonic game--besides Shadow the Hedgehog--could suck so bad! Look I'm on your side in the fact I like Sonic and look forward to getting Dark Knight. I was just filling you in on what the community thinks.

BBS Signature

Response to Sonic the Hedgehog 2009-03-04 19:15:26

Sonic is like a dog who is beaten and keeps coming back. It comes back for no reason when it should go find a better owner, or in this case, die.

i dont give a fuck a million dollars im a samurai

BBS Signature

Response to Sonic the Hedgehog 2009-03-04 19:20:39

At 3/4/09 06:54 PM, Talio17 wrote: Ok, that's it, I'm freakin tired of all the assholes dissing it because they suck at it. So what if you're not used the speedy gameplay? That's the only reason people hat the controls! because the games are integrated for speed! the other half of the asses hate it because it doesn't look absolutely real! OOHHHH!!! nothing looks real! There's no guns or bloody messes! IT'S NOT THE FUCKING END OF THE WORLD! If you're not good at it and don't like it, keep it to yourself and leave those of us who do like it in peace!

cool story, bro.

Because, c'mon guise! Izn'T Hal0 3 liek t3h BEA5T gmae EVAR? 1t's SoOO0OO liek rivolushunary. tIt wsa unliek n e oter FSP gmae evar maed.

Response to Sonic the Hedgehog 2009-03-04 19:25:05

At 3/4/09 07:10 PM, Dragoonwing wrote:
At 3/4/09 07:05 PM, Talio17 wrote: two problems. that shitty next gen game was epically fucking awesome, and the sword was just a cool idea. Nintendo Power even said, Sonic and the Arthurian setting went along together pretty well.
I'll have to agree with the masses and say that Sonic 06 was shitty and I'm suprised that a Sonic game--besides Shadow the Hedgehog--could suck so bad! Look I'm on your side in the fact I like Sonic and look forward to getting Dark Knight. I was just filling you in on what the community thinks.

Believe me, I know the community pretty well. I read every thread with the word "Sonic" in the title and people just insulted him... he's awesome... super fast, awesome spikes, badass attitude.

BBS Signature

Response to Sonic the Hedgehog 2009-03-04 19:28:33

At 3/4/09 07:25 PM, Talio17 wrote: Believe me, I know the community pretty well. I read every thread with the word "Sonic" in the title and people just insulted him... he's awesome... super fast, awesome spikes, badass attitude.

He turns into a werehog and is now wielding a sword, spikes and his douche bag personality have nothing to do with it. They just want a 2D Sonic game without all these gimmicks.

BBS Signature

Response to Sonic the Hedgehog 2009-03-04 19:33:02

At 3/4/09 07:28 PM, Dragoonwing wrote:
At 3/4/09 07:25 PM, Talio17 wrote: Believe me, I know the community pretty well. I read every thread with the word "Sonic" in the title and people just insulted him... he's awesome... super fast, awesome spikes, badass attitude.
He turns into a werehog and is now wielding a sword, spikes and his douche bag personality have nothing to do with it. They just want a 2D Sonic game without all these gimmicks.

no, I mean they hate him because he's not "Call of Duty" Seriously CALLOFDUTY SUCKS!

BBS Signature

Response to Sonic the Hedgehog 2009-03-04 20:00:52

Also, I want 2D back. Not to forget, I don't fucking mind that it's not mindless shooting but Sonic has become a douche.

i dont give a fuck a million dollars im a samurai

BBS Signature

Response to Sonic the Hedgehog 2009-03-04 20:18:49

At 3/4/09 06:54 PM, Talio17 wrote: Ok, that's it, I'm freakin tired of all the assholes dissing it because they suck at it. So what if you're not used the speedy gameplay? That's the only reason people hat the controls! because the games are integrated for speed! the other half of the asses hate it because it doesn't look absolutely real! OOHHHH!!! nothing looks real! There's no guns or bloody messes! IT'S NOT THE FUCKING END OF THE WORLD! If you're not good at it and don't like it, keep it to yourself and leave those of us who do like it in peace!

Since when did I ever consider Sonic's visuals to be crappy? Honestly, whoever said that the graphics suck, they're wrong. The visuals are awesome for Sonic Unleashed. I think of it as one of the best looking games of 2008. My problem about Sonic is that the gameplay tends to glitch a lot. I'm not trying to be an asshole okay. It's just that Sonic needs to rise up again in order to get good comments from critics and us fans as well. I do feel bad for the way how you are, but it's just how the Sega team is right now. I do wish for Sonic to be good again.

Response to Sonic the Hedgehog 2009-03-05 00:18:42

Well, we have a spirited young man here.
My name implies that I'm a Sonic fan, so I'd like to shed some light on your rant and hopefully open your eyes to why people dislike the new school hedgehog.

Ok, controls.
Controls that are stiff and unnecessarily complex are labeled as bad--not that I'm saying any Sonic game had bad controls--which varies on the game for me.
Being good with bad controls does not make the controls good.
Now the controls were never perfect, and one game with questionable controls doesn't weigh too heavily, but several games with the same character with questionable controls can be an issue and very tiring.
Sonic and the Secret Rings, in hindsight, was a success, Sonic 06 was a failure, primarily because of the stiff controls and extensively long loading times. Bad controls makes it hard to gain any skill at a game, and it makes it all the more harder to hone those skills, I should know, I spent months trying to master Sonic 06, but the controls failed on me alot.
The reason people prefer the classic Sonic playstyle now over any else is because they gave up hope on a 3D game worth any merit to them, I don't agree with this so much, I enjoyed every 3D Sonic game except Sonic 06--I even enjoyed Shadow the Hedgehog.
Now seems to be the era that Sonic is finally starting to be done right, Sonic Unleashed was a great success on all 4 consoles, although personal preference would sway you to one version than the other, and Sonic and the Black Knight is actually looking good.
But with the constant trail of mediocre Sonic game behind it, alot of people are very pessimistic and now will look at the games with little hope of even a bias against it.
That is perfectly understandable, if you saw a franchise fail for years you're not going to think that one game is going to redeem the whole series, but even so take it little at a time.

Everyone has their own opinion, just like you have yours.
If they don't like Sonic, then that's that.
Enjoy the games if you like them, and to hell with the snappy comments of others.
At least that's how I think.

what happened to this place?

Latest Blog: Chaos Sonic Ch 3 Update.

BBS Signature

Response to Sonic the Hedgehog 2009-03-05 00:20:24

At 3/4/09 07:05 PM, Talio17 wrote: Nintendo Power even said, Sonic and the Arthurian setting went along together pretty well.

Well, I guess that settles that!

BBS Signature

Response to Sonic the Hedgehog 2009-03-05 16:14:32

Since when did I ever consider Sonic's visuals to be crappy? Honestly, whoever said that the graphics suck, they're wrong. The visuals are awesome for Sonic Unleashed.

that's not what I meant! The graphics can be amazing but Sonic will always be a cartoon!

BBS Signature

Response to Sonic the Hedgehog 2009-03-05 23:45:53

You couldn't possibly be more wrong about why it is that people don't like Sonic. Allow me to explain:

See, the first problem is that Sonic Team has never quite figured out how to properly translate the series' trademark speed into 3-D, and each successive attempt to do so has been worse than the last for some reason. 3-D Sonic controls have always been very jerky, stiff, unresponsive, lacking in fluidity, and poorly applied to levels that are similarly not well-designed for 3-D. The gameplay often comes to jarring starts and stops in the most annoying ways possible, unlike the 16-bit originals, in which the sense of speed was only diminished by player error. All of this only got worse with 2006's Sonic game, which added myriad technical issues to the growing list of problems, the kinds of things that really should not be issues for a top-tier developer.

This, along with uninspired gimmicks like those found in Shadow the Hedgehog, Sonic Unleashed, Sonic and the Black Knight, etc., lead many gamers (myself included) to believe that Sonic Team just plain isn't trying anymore. They're really just pumping out this shit because they know that naive little children (e.g. you) will command mommy to buy them anything with an "x-treme" anthropomorphic talking animal on the box...

...Which leads me to the second problem, this time a cultural one. The fact of the matter is that everything about Sonic, from the " 'tude" (actually, especially the " 'tude" now that I think of it) to the archaic game design to the shitty faux-metal background music, is a relic of the '90s. Maybe it worked then, but it certainly doesn't work now, and Sonic Team has failed to adapt to the changing times. In fact, pretty much all they've done in their miserable attempt to adapt is to add to an ever-increasing stable of bland, forgettable supporting characters.

The fact of the matter is that Sonic's shtick, which was "cool" and "badass" when we (by which I mean everyone on this forum who adheres to basic rules of spelling and grammar) were stupid, sugar-high, ADD-addled kids is now nothing more than groan-inducing and annoying. The character just lacks the timeless, universal appeal of a Mickey Mouse or a Mario because instead of existing as a result of the imaginations of creative minds, he exists as a result of the market research Sega conducted when they needed a new mascot to rival Nintendo way back when. As such, Sonic is literally a product of his times, and because of Sonic Team's general shittiness, he's hopelessly stuck there.

Gamers, real gamers, don't demand every game we play to be a hyper-realistic, ultra-gory fragfest. What we do demand is a base minimum of quality control and at least some level of passion on the part of the developer.

NG Cinema Club Movie of the Week: Night of the Living Dead (Romero, 1968, USA) | Letterboxd | Steam

BBS Signature

Response to Sonic the Hedgehog 2009-03-06 06:19:28

^^^^^^^

listen to this man.
he deserves a mother-fucking cookie.

Response to Sonic the Hedgehog 2009-03-06 07:12:48

At 3/4/09 07:05 PM, Talio17 wrote: two problems. that shitty next gen game was epically fucking awesome,

Oh yes, because horrid controls and ungodly loading times are of course "epically fucking awesome".

and the sword was just a cool idea. Nintendo Power even said, Sonic and the Arthurian setting went along together pretty well.

Because NP is always right.

ALWAYS.

Schwang-wang-wang

BBS Signature

Response to Sonic the Hedgehog 2009-03-06 07:20:05

Oh man, I'm laughing at my ass off at this thread right now.

For the 5084723746783648974732847th time, IT'S NOT SONIC TEAM, IT'S YOU BASTARD 'FANS' BITCHING ABOUT EVERYTHING.

PSN ID + Xbox Live GT : ShadowWestNG | Steam : ShadowWest | Sig made by: ParadoxVoid <3

BBS Signature

Response to Sonic the Hedgehog 2009-03-06 07:44:55

At 3/6/09 07:20 AM, ShadowWest wrote: Oh man, I'm laughing at my ass off at this thread right now.

For the 5084723746783648974732847th time, IT'S NOT SONIC TEAM, IT'S YOU BASTARD 'FANS' BITCHING ABOUT EVERYTHING.

"it's you" what ?

Response to Sonic the Hedgehog 2009-03-06 08:45:34

Meh, I don't bother reading reviews from IGN and the like anymore, not because I disagree with them about Sonic, but because I disagree with them on other things too (Gotcha Force was win, Terminator 3: Redemption was boring, Halo is not the greatest thing ever). I just buy the game and play. If I like it, I like it. If I don't, I trade it back in.

When all else fails, blame the casuals!

BBS Signature

Response to Sonic the Hedgehog 2009-03-06 09:25:13

two problems. that shitty next gen game was epically fucking awesome

Fanboy alert

dude if your talking about Sonic 06 get it through your thick skull IT FUCKING SUCKED it was very bad and earned the perfect nickname "Sonic The Disaster"

Response to Sonic the Hedgehog 2009-03-06 10:22:44

Very nice children. You have learned to have your own opinion. Next lesson we will be talking about treating the opinions of others with respect. Class dismissed.

In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move.

BBS Signature

Response to Sonic the Hedgehog 2009-03-06 10:32:14

At 3/6/09 10:22 AM, Racoonmario wrote: Very nice children. You have learned to have your own opinion. Next lesson we will be talking about treating the opinions of others with respect. Class dismissed.

On the intertubes? I don't think that's in the educational budget.

When all else fails, blame the casuals!

BBS Signature

Response to Sonic the Hedgehog 2009-03-06 10:33:00

At 3/6/09 10:22 AM, Racoonmario wrote: Very nice children. You have learned to have your own opinion. Next lesson we will be talking about treating the opinions of others with respect. Class dismissed.

It's not about "respecting" the other guy's opinion, it's about "not disrespecting it". I don't know if you get what I mean.

It's okay to think someone is a fucktard because he has one opinion, but give the guy a chance to prove his point with arguments and do not just think it because of your own fanboyism or any other kind of conviction.

I think soni-
-NONO SHUDDUP YOU STUPID FANBOY
-but...
-UR STUPID

Response to Sonic the Hedgehog 2009-03-06 10:49:45

Sonic the Hedgehog is speedy gameplay, and gets boring... but that's just me.

Response to Sonic the Hedgehog 2009-03-06 11:31:10

I will admit the ast two sonic games have not been to good speed wise, but the stories are good, plus they usually have pretty decent graphics considering it's a cartoon. People who are saying he shouldn't speek are Idiots in general, the reason i got into sonic was because of the 2-d thing, but when i was about 6 i heard his voice and thought it was awsum. The cool thing about is the spin-offs like shadow the hedge hog that has had all of what SEGA eva needed. it was a risk because it was there first with guns, but it was perfect, but it's time era wasn't perfect for graphics. If they do release any other sonic games (which they obviously will) probably means that even though the population of newgrounds hates sonic that also means that there opinion dosn't match with the rest of the world. SONIC RULES!

PICTURE BELOW
sonic most update form

Sonic the Hedgehog

if you are reading this you suck

BBS Signature

Response to Sonic the Hedgehog 2009-03-06 11:43:05

At 3/6/09 11:31 AM, newreaper wrote: I will admit the ast two sonic games have not been to good speed wise, but the stories are good, plus they usually have pretty decent graphics considering it's a cartoon. People who are saying he shouldn't speek are Idiots in general, the reason i got into sonic was because of the 2-d thing, but when i was about 6 i heard his voice and thought it was awsum. The cool thing about is the spin-offs like shadow the hedge hog that has had all of what SEGA eva needed. it was a risk because it was there first with guns, but it was perfect, but it's time era wasn't perfect for graphics. If they do release any other sonic games (which they obviously will) probably means that even though the population of newgrounds hates sonic that also means that there opinion dosn't match with the rest of the world. SONIC RULES!

PICTURE BELOW
sonic most update form

Does not compute. You approve of Shadow the Hedgehog? I'm all for Sonic talking, but you approved of Shadow the Hedgehog! That was the worst "Sonic" game I ever played in my life! Sonic is going down the fucking crapper and as for interesting storylines, that's just bullshit up one line and down the other! If SEGA wanted a great game they would look at the writings from the TV Show. Sonic was fun during his 2D days. It was speed and it was fun. However as other video game characters truly advanced through time Sonic was basically stuck and was just adapted into a 3D based world. If your only defense is the graphics are great and that new lock-on system, that is just bullshit.

stupid fanboy

Response to Sonic the Hedgehog 2009-03-06 11:55:24

After playing Sonic Heroes, I stopped caring for Sonic Games.

Prepare for unforeseen consequences.

BBS Signature