00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

DoctorSpectre just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

NG Drumming Club

16,153 Views | 213 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to NG Drumming Club 2009-12-02 16:27:23

Hey. welcome to the club. I'm not gonna lie there hasn't been much activity lately at all so hopefully you can help change that. Just wondering, how often do you have to replace sticks, cuz i find that i am always changing them.

The Originals //::// Drumming //::// KoL //://

Olskool Win

BBS Signature

Response to NG Drumming Club 2009-12-03 15:37:45

At 12/2/09 04:27 PM, coddude321 wrote: Hey. welcome to the club. I'm not gonna lie there hasn't been much activity lately at all so hopefully you can help change that. Just wondering, how often do you have to replace sticks, cuz i find that i am always changing them.

Im still on my first pair of offical sticks cause before I was using rock band sticks. Im actually surpraised that my sticks haven't broken yet cause I hit my drums like John Bonham. What sticks do u use cause I use Vic like I said.

member of the Metal Hell and NG drumming club

Response to NG Drumming Club 2009-12-05 18:49:11

I've been using these really cool vic firth sticks that have like a rubber handle on the bottom half. So its a regular drum stick, but there's like a layer of red rubber instead of wood, and it helps me grip the stick a lot better for longer

Olskool Win

BBS Signature

Response to NG Drumming Club 2009-12-11 16:02:39

At 12/5/09 06:49 PM, coddude321 wrote: I've been using these really cool vic firth sticks that have like a rubber handle on the bottom half. So its a regular drum stick, but there's like a layer of red rubber instead of wood, and it helps me grip the stick a lot better for longer

Ya I just use good ole fashion wooden handle sticks,

Response to NG Drumming Club 2009-12-21 21:39:34

Wow it sure takes you guys awhille to post something about drums stuff in this club. Let me start it again. So who do u guys think is better? The Rev from A7X or Brann Dailor from Mastodon. I like them both but I have to guy with Bann cause he is very jazzy and other crazy crap.

NG Drumming Club

Response to NG Drumming Club 2009-12-25 13:51:37

Hey guys. Merry Christmas. I got a subscription to Modern Drummer and two pairs of drum sticks so I could try out some different weights (7A and 5A). Wondering what anyonhe else got? IT doesn't really have to be drum related.

Olskool Win

BBS Signature

Response to NG Drumming Club 2009-12-27 21:31:29

At 12/25/09 01:51 PM, coddude321 wrote: Hey guys. Merry Christmas. I got a subscription to Modern Drummer and two pairs of drum sticks so I could try out some different weights (7A and 5A). Wondering what anyonhe else got? IT doesn't really have to be drum related.

Hey I got lots of music stuff this christmas. I got Iron Maiden, Led Zeppelin, Jimi Hendrix, and Marvel shirts. I also got some hats and hoodies. Also got some signature sticks (the sigs come from Danny Carey of Tool, Phil Collins of Genesis, Vinnie Paul of Pantera, Neil Peart of Rush, Chad Smith of RHCP, Nikko Mcbrain of Iron Maiden) some brushes, and nylon 7A sticks. Also Im getting a nano on Wendsday so ya I got some pretty good shit this year.

Response to NG Drumming Club 2010-01-01 21:54:10

Hey guys if u have not heard the very talented Jimmy"The Rev" Sullvan just died.

Response to NG Drumming Club 2010-01-02 13:06:41

Did they say what the cause of death was?
Sadly I'd be willing to bet oney it was drugs.
He was one of the greatest drummers i've heard

Olskool Win

BBS Signature

Response to NG Drumming Club 2010-01-03 23:58:50

At 1/2/10 01:06 PM, coddude321 wrote: Did they say what the cause of death was?
Sadly I'd be willing to bet oney it was drugs.
He was one of the greatest drummers i've heard

Apparently it was reported that he died of natural causes, but that makes two people under the age of 35 in a month from "natural causes".
How can a 28 year old die of natural causes?

Olskool Win

BBS Signature

Response to NG Drumming Club 2010-01-04 15:58:39

At 1/3/10 11:58 PM, coddude321 wrote: How can a 28 year old die of natural causes?

Cause nature is cruel.

Metal Hell ## Guitarists ## Stand Up Comedy

PSN: Look-a-Hill

Somewhere Over the Rainbow

BBS Signature

Response to NG Drumming Club 2010-01-04 16:12:59

See when I heard that the Rev died I was sad but didn't cry. I 'll cry when Brann Dailor the drummer of Mastodon dies and when Danny Carry of Tool dies.

Response to NG Drumming Club 2010-01-04 16:16:00

At 8/13/09 12:35 AM, Lkoz91 wrote: So I put up two covers on youtube today.

Underoath - I don't feel very respective today

Not bad.

Rx Bandits - One million miles an hour, fast asleep

They blocked the video...

subscribed to your youtube.

Haven't posted in here in so long... I have no new videos on youtube of me drumming, haven't had time, and haven't drummed lately due to a lot of things... I'll have something new soon.

Kind of forgot about this club... Sorry.

Response to NG Drumming Club 2010-01-08 20:51:53

At 1/4/10 04:16 PM, EpicFail wrote:
Kind of forgot about this club... Sorry.

Nice to see you back.
so I was taking a look at this ride cymbaland i am thinking about getting it as I need a ride and it could almost double with a cowbell sound it looks like. Any suggestions?
Also I think I might get a new snare and I'm looking at the Black Beauty series. Is it worth the 250/300 dollars?

Olskool Win

BBS Signature

Response to NG Drumming Club 2010-01-10 22:56:31

What's up?

Ludwig Accent CS with Zildjian ZBT Crash+Crash/Ride, all drums have Remo Pinstripe heads.

NG Drumming Club

BBS Signature

Response to NG Drumming Club 2010-01-10 23:00:11

Also:

-Tell us about yourself

I am 14 years old, and have been into drumming for 2 years now.

-What style do you play

Metal, lots of double bass pedaling.

-What kind of drums do you play

See above post.

-Top bands/soloists that have influenced your drumming

I find that I like Iced Earth's drummer's style, but what I find that I sound like is more along the lines of Mastodon.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Drumming Club 2010-01-13 17:08:48

Ok. We got a couple of new members.
So I had to do an entrance exam the other day for a school and thank God I was reading Modern Drummer (my only issue) on the two hour drive. The topic for the writing was about collaboration vs. competition and I was reading this pretty cool article about knowing when to lead in a band and when to follow both figuratively and in the tempo. Doesn't really apply to me since I'm not in a bnd but still a cool article. So I used taht as an example in my writing sample.
anyone else read that mag?

Olskool Win

BBS Signature

Response to NG Drumming Club 2010-01-19 00:40:25

I've read a bit of Modern Drummer, but I like DRUM! more. No particular reason, though. Either way (and this doesn't even apply to drums), In my opinion, Guitar World is the best music magazine.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Drumming Club 2010-01-24 18:53:20

-Tell us about yourself
-What style do you play
-What kind of drums do you play
-Top bands/soloists that have influenced your drumming
-Any bands that you're currently/were drumming in

I'm 15, a girl, and consider myself more of a percussionist than just a drummer.
I play snare, bass, and timpani, as well as some set (but i suck at it). I prefer mallet instruments, though. They don't call me the pit goddess for nothing.
well...the guy who influened my drumming/playing wasn't well-known...just a friend of mine.
(insert high school name here) MARCHING (insert mascot here), BABY!!!

so...yeah. :D

you should go to dis bitch. that's not an option. do it.

Response to NG Drumming Club 2010-01-24 23:01:27

well I just like drums havent really got played them cause well i spend too much on pc and game shit to go into some other hobby ill prob forget about but if i could i listen to lots of metal so thatd be my style although jazz has some pretty good drummers too

Favorite bands - Death, Behemoth, Morbid Angel, Obituary, Metallica doesnt really fit with the others and lars ulrich is not an amazing drummer the best he did was probably dyers eve my favorite song of theirs but still one of my favorite bands

Now since i dont really drum i wont ask to join but i would like to ask what you all think of death's album sound of perseverance (drum wise) if you want like a sample here's one of my favorite songs from that album

Spirit Crusher - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRyl_p1z9 Nw

BBS Signature

Response to NG Drumming Club 2010-02-01 20:25:37

I am a 14 year old drummer. I play rock and jazz music, and I have many inspirations from many good drummers.(Unfortunately, I can't recall them at the moment)I play standard rock n' roll drums and I am hoping to get into a band. I usually go freestyle on the drums, but I know what I'm doing.

Uhh... I like red?

BBS Signature

Response to NG Drumming Club 2010-02-05 19:59:03

Hey guys im bak. Sry it took me so long to post something but I was on facebook alot if u want to find me my name is jack baker also here be my drum kit kinda small

NG Drumming Club

Response to NG Drumming Club 2010-02-05 22:46:34

That's a pretty cool set, but what size/type cymbals do you have?

Olskool Win

BBS Signature

Response to NG Drumming Club 2010-02-08 15:56:40

At 2/5/10 10:46 PM, coddude321 wrote: That's a pretty cool set, but what size/type cymbals do you have?

I think the hi hat is 12inches, the crash is 14inches,and the ride is 22 inches

Response to NG Drumming Club 2010-02-09 17:44:00

That sounds pretty sweet.
So this is somewhat drum related so I figured I'd write about it.
I was writing an application for a scholarship to my high school of choice, and I was forced to write about whether or not collaboration or competition provided better results. In short, I wrote about a drum article I read and was the first choice for the scholarship!!! It's so amazing!!!
Also, in other drum stuff, I've really been playin on the bell of my Crash/Ride cymbal but deisiring a better sound. Does anyone have a reccomendation for a good Ride cymbal with a nice bell sound? Or should I shell out and get a cowbell?

Olskool Win

BBS Signature

Response to NG Drumming Club 2010-02-16 13:08:23

At 2/9/10 05:44 PM, coddude321 wrote: That sounds pretty sweet.
So this is somewhat drum related so I figured I'd write about it.
I was writing an application for a scholarship to my high school of choice, and I was forced to write about whether or not collaboration or competition provided better results. In short, I wrote about a drum article I read and was the first choice for the scholarship!!! It's so amazing!!!
Also, in other drum stuff, I've really been playin on the bell of my Crash/Ride cymbal but deisiring a better sound. Does anyone have a reccomendation for a good Ride cymbal with a nice bell sound? Or should I shell out and get a cowbell?

I think meinl and paiste have good crash/ride cymbals also my hi hat is a 14in,my crash is 16in.and the ride is 20in i messed up before

Response to NG Drumming Club 2010-02-22 20:59:44

I definently agree. My parents got me a 16" Meinl crash cymbal and recently I have fallen in love with the Meinl sound. However, for some reason, I don't like their deeper sounds. I like their crashes, chinas, splashes, etc. but particularly not their rides or crash/rides. I prefer Zildjian for those cymbals currently.

Olskool Win

BBS Signature

Response to NG Drumming Club 2010-02-27 20:17:33

I was looking at my first post and I didn't even realize until now, but I really listed a few drummers that I liked. The drummers that actually influence me are (in no particular order):
Dominic Howard (Muse)
New: Brandon Barnes (Rise Against)
Phil Selway (Radiohead)
Keith Moon (The Who)
John Bonham (Led Zeppelin)
Chad Smith (Red Hot Chili Peppers/Chickenfoot)
Dave Grohl (Nirvana/Them Crooked Vultures)

Just to name a few and not like anyone really cares.

I just realized I've been here since the first page. I feel old now. haha

Olskool Win

BBS Signature

Response to NG Drumming Club 2010-03-18 17:19:46

At 2/27/10 08:17 PM, coddude321 wrote: I was looking at my first post and I didn't even realize until now, but I really listed a few drummers that I liked. The drummers that actually influence me are (in no particular order):
Dominic Howard (Muse)
New: Brandon Barnes (Rise Against)
Phil Selway (Radiohead)
Keith Moon (The Who)
John Bonham (Led Zeppelin)
Chad Smith (Red Hot Chili Peppers/Chickenfoot)
Dave Grohl (Nirvana/Them Crooked Vultures)

Just to name a few and not like anyone really cares.
I just realized I've been here since the first page. I feel old now. haha

hey its cool man people need to show who inspire them but i deep getting more influences to my list lkike nicko mcbrain of iron maiden and dave grohl of nirvania them crooked vultures and his album with queens of the stone age

but i finally made a video of me on the drums :)

Response to NG Drumming Club 2010-03-18 17:21:59

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/vide o/video.php?v=102641663102963

this is me on the drums part one