00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

markololohands just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

British Anti-Marijuana Ad

3,234 Views | 61 Replies

Response to British Anti-Marijuana Ad 2009-03-03 03:29:44

More lax? You're kidding? We're more fucking harsh. We just appreciate the effect of humour.

This too will pass.

Memento mori

BBS Signature

Response to British Anti-Marijuana Ad 2009-03-03 03:35:41

omg i thought it said "IF YOU WANNA KNOW MORE, TALK TO PRANK" on that first ad lol

Check out my music?

Response to British Anti-Marijuana Ad 2009-03-03 04:28:43

At 3/3/09 01:58 AM, foshiznay wrote: Strangely enough; I haven't seen a single anti weed ad in Australia at all this year...

The voiceover guy has a great voice XD

Australia tends to just 'sweep weed under the carpet' and spend money on anti-smoking and binge drinking ads. I suppose it isn't considered as much of a problem here.

This is filler text.

The Noise I Make. || I'm not dead! || Confess. || AIM/MSN.

BBS Signature

Response to British Anti-Marijuana Ad 2009-03-03 08:34:18

Woah, clever, haven't seen any anti-drug ads before, so this is indeed the best one yet.

The latest: Hexa #96 (Apr)

BBS Signature

Response to British Anti-Marijuana Ad 2009-03-03 10:43:22

who the hell is frank?

AMV? In case you were wondering how I was blinded and why I am make shoes, click on my sig to find out. NAO!!!

BBS Signature

Response to British Anti-Marijuana Ad 2009-03-03 10:51:41

fuck off TalktoFrank, trying to appeal to kids, bunch of cunts

Erowid should start putting up TV adverts

I must admit when I first watched it I thought it was a pretty good advert that reflected the actual effects of cannabis rather remarkably - not just for a government funded drugs ad but as a metaphor altogether. My major problem with that advert is that it is funded by a company that is still trying to keep cannabis illegal.

TalktoFrank have done awful adverts. Like the one with David Mitchell as the dog looking at people doing coke. Has anyone actually ever got a nose-bleed from cocaine or does that exist merely in the world of the anti-drug commercial? I could write a better anti-coke advert myself.

What's odd in the UK is, we have a group called Drugscope and a few other scientific advisors who provide proper scientific evidence to the government and are paid for by the government, and are probably somewhat involved with the TalktoFrank project; however the government stubbornly refuses to listen to any of their policy advice and goes in the complete reverse direction.

Response to British Anti-Marijuana Ad 2009-03-03 10:53:27

^^ an example of you out of control these drug losers are

Response to British Anti-Marijuana Ad 2009-03-03 10:57:59

At 3/3/09 10:53 AM, unowned wrote: ^^ an example of you out of control these drug losers are

how old are you? I'm presuming you're about my age, yet you post like a fucking retard. All we judge each other by here is text and opinions, and your flippant 11-year-old boy language and utter lack of expanding upon your opinions fall meagrely by the wayside compared to my wonderful prosodic writing and carefully-articulated viewpoints. Best poster '08, motherfucker.

The fact that I am so obviously superior to you and still take more drugs than you shatters your worldview so immensely that your only response is insult.

Response to British Anti-Marijuana Ad 2009-03-03 11:01:30

At 3/3/09 10:53 AM, unowned wrote: ^^ an example of you out of control these drug losers are

I'm comparing the "out of control drug losers" to you.

It's an interesting comparison I must say.

This too will pass.

Memento mori

BBS Signature

Response to British Anti-Marijuana Ad 2009-03-03 11:02:52

At 3/3/09 10:51 AM, Earfetish wrote: Has anyone actually ever got a nose-bleed from cocaine or does that exist merely in the world of the anti-drug commercial?

Just for the record, I have.

But what we need is more of those commercials about safe driving. Thats a problem thats actually killing kids, infact I'm pretty sure it's the #1 cause of teenage death in every city in the world.

BBS Signature

Response to British Anti-Marijuana Ad 2009-03-03 11:03:42

no, i started very young, so it wouldnt be possible

you know you got a problem when you talk about weed every single day

you arent going to get anywhere with your unimaginative literature, rght handed scum

Response to British Anti-Marijuana Ad 2009-03-03 11:07:57

At 3/3/09 11:03 AM, unowned wrote: no, i started very young, so it wouldnt be possible

you arent going to get anywhere with your unimaginative literature, rght handed scum

He will go into the ground just like every person but at least he had a good time.

Response to British Anti-Marijuana Ad 2009-03-03 11:08:06

At 3/3/09 11:03 AM, unowned wrote: no, i started very young, so it wouldnt be possible

no, your in denial, and you got schooled.

BBS Signature

Response to British Anti-Marijuana Ad 2009-03-03 11:10:56

At 3/3/09 11:08 AM, chaw wrote:
no, your in denial, and you got schooled.

denied that ive done a lot of drukqs

Response to British Anti-Marijuana Ad 2009-03-03 11:12:48

At 3/3/09 11:03 AM, unowned wrote: you know you got a problem when you talk about weed every single day

You don't have a problem until you scrape the shit out of same bowl for rez 3 times in one night, then give up and smoke a stem bowl from the discarded stems you pick out of your carpet.

BBS Signature

Response to British Anti-Marijuana Ad 2009-03-03 11:14:06

If my dog said that i would shit my pants

Some signature thingy here!

Sig by Cagedsilhouette :3

Join me in the feilds of justice.

BBS Signature

Response to British Anti-Marijuana Ad 2009-03-03 11:14:15

At 3/3/09 11:03 AM, unowned wrote: you know you got a problem when you talk about weed every single day

TALKING about it now? I thought that I smoked it every day was bad, apparently I'm not allowed to talk about it!
Ted Turner smokes a spliff every day. Along with a million other successful people it would be no effort for you and I to name. Woody Harrelson, Joe Rogan, I dunno - Chomsky. A lot more smoke it less often.

Who said I was necessarily trying to get somewhere solely on the back of my literature? it's unlikely for any writer. I'm more likely to become a teacher. but I'll still write for fun. Slagging me off for enjoying myself by creating art, awesome.

I do propose, however; do you not have any inkling that my life potential is at least equal to yours?

Maybe I've got better things to do than have a half-personal half-political argument with unowned. Like do my dissertation. For the degree that I'm finishing. In English Language and Creative Writing.

At 3/3/09 11:07 AM, nolife wrote: He will go into the ground just like every person but at least he had a good time.

Bingo. You only experience stuff once. Have some fun.

don't do drugs, kiddywinks. Arguing about drugs in front of 14 year olds is where my urge to argue on the internet and get my point across contrasts with my urge to be sensible.

Response to British Anti-Marijuana Ad 2009-03-03 11:23:20

At 3/3/09 11:14 AM, Earfetish wrote:
I do propose, however; do you not have any inkling that my life potential is at least equal to yours?

no, i am superior, and i dont even care, i do this for laughs, snort a 27 of kittens in 2 weeks and see where you end up mentally, g

Response to British Anti-Marijuana Ad 2009-03-03 11:24:44

At 3/3/09 11:23 AM, unowned wrote: i am superior, and i dont even care

lol, denial.

BBS Signature

Response to British Anti-Marijuana Ad 2009-03-03 11:27:28

I despise that advert..

Adverts like that are what keep me on the drugs and stop me from watching TV..

Stop saying Britons you illiterate cunt.

Response to British Anti-Marijuana Ad 2009-03-03 11:30:32

lol, denial.

denial that im trolling weed users? dyslexic carer
did you know what if i was born 25 years before my birthdate i would have been forced to be right handed,
interesting read
im a very well rounded person, and more artistic

Response to British Anti-Marijuana Ad 2009-03-03 11:40:10

At 3/2/09 10:26 PM, Gwarfan wrote: Hahaha, those silly Britons. Although they may have bad teeth

Wow I see your still idiotic to believe such retarded sterotypes (and besides you americans have said the chineese have bad teeth so stop dissing the world because of your so brilliant teeth which only are that white because you had them whitend (whitend is when your teeth are like painted white by a dentist)).

Response to British Anti-Marijuana Ad 2009-03-03 11:44:50

At 3/3/09 11:40 AM, Trooper7 wrote: Wow I see your still idiotic to believe such retarded sterotypes

You have incredibly thin skin.

BBS Signature

Response to British Anti-Marijuana Ad 2009-03-03 12:12:55

Ears don't let unowned get to you he smokes pot himself and is just trying to be funny.

Response to British Anti-Marijuana Ad 2009-03-03 12:14:50

i dont smoke pot, and im not trying to be funny

Response to British Anti-Marijuana Ad 2009-03-03 12:17:50

At 3/3/09 12:14 PM, unowned wrote: i dont smoke pot, and im not trying to be funny

well just so you know I think you're hilarious. very concise assholes are the best kind.

Response to British Anti-Marijuana Ad 2009-03-03 12:34:13

thats me on newgrounds baby, nowhere else

Response to British Anti-Marijuana Ad 2009-03-03 12:51:25

Of course.

Does anyone remember those anti-domestic violence ads where the guy throws a stapler at that person? I forget the name and can't find it :(

Response to British Anti-Marijuana Ad 2009-03-03 13:14:26

At 3/3/09 12:32 AM, Paryl wrote:
At 3/2/09 10:32 PM, EL-7 wrote:
At 3/2/09 10:26 PM, Gwarfan wrote: Hahaha, those silly Britons.
Britons? Isn't it Britains?
Britons was an old term. And I think you mean British.

British is the adjective, Britons is the noun.

I.E. The British People/The British crown/The British drugs adverts compared with just the Britons

Response to British Anti-Marijuana Ad 2009-03-03 13:15:55

At 3/3/09 01:14 PM, Dogbert581 wrote:
At 3/3/09 12:32 AM, Paryl wrote:
At 3/2/09 10:32 PM, EL-7 wrote:
At 3/2/09 10:26 PM, Gwarfan wrote: Hahaha, those silly Britons.
Britons? Isn't it Britains?
Britons was an old term. And I think you mean British.
British is the adjective, Britons is the noun.

I.E. The British People/The British crown/The British drugs adverts compared with just the Britons

Oh and I much prefered the Frank advert

'Son we need to have a talk'
'What about?'
'Drugs'
'GO! GO! GO!'
'Drugs are illegal, talking about them isn't'