Be a Supporter!
GuitarBrdArounO
GuitarBrdArounO
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
What is ADD? 2009-02-27 08:12:41 Reply

ADD, attention defficit disorder.... why does it seem like everybody has or think they have ADD? I think its a goverment scandel to hook people on drugs is what it is. If you break down ADD medicine like aderol its more or less cocaine. I think people lack complete attention by nature and given them drugs isnt gonna help in the long run...ADD is bullshit, but aderol can be a good drug

Podburrys
Podburrys
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to What is ADD? 2009-02-27 08:14:53 Reply

Not everyone has it, no. But when you're spastic enough to throw shit through windows, bite people, swear and ram your face into the wall, might be a good idea to have little Johnny take happy-calm pills rather than him screwing up everyone's day, eh?

;){____/| Anime Reviews /|\ Actually an '06er /|\ New Short Story! More to come. |\ ____}(;

BBS Signature
Metal-Sonic-v2
Metal-Sonic-v2
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Blank Slate
Response to What is ADD? 2009-02-27 08:16:38 Reply

At 2/27/09 08:12 AM, GuitarBrdArounO wrote: If you break down ADD medicine like aderol its more or less cocaine.

Cocaine's a hell of a drug.

What is ADD?

My YouTube Page (Why not stop by?) Also, click the image below to listen to a wonderful (and to many, familiar) song.

BBS Signature
GuitarBrdArounO
GuitarBrdArounO
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to What is ADD? 2009-02-27 08:18:39 Reply

yea very addictive too, and coke heads always act like fucks in the long run

CapnCrunchDaPimp
CapnCrunchDaPimp
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 40
Blank Slate
Response to What is ADD? 2009-02-27 08:20:10 Reply

Don't make fun of ADD. I have it and it's a serious problem I was born with. ADD stands for Attention Deficit OOH A BUTTERFLY!!! :D

STEM
STEM
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 50
Blank Slate
Response to What is ADD? 2009-02-27 08:36:34 Reply

Excuse to sell drugs to kids for profit. Don't care how bad anyone had it as a child, that shit is not a disease.

[ Forum Mod // Send PM ]

BBS Signature
CanadianSnowman
CanadianSnowman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to What is ADD? 2009-02-27 08:41:01 Reply

Adults didn't discipline.

fallensoul289
fallensoul289
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Gamer
Response to What is ADD? 2009-02-27 09:22:15 Reply

At 2/27/09 08:12 AM, GuitarBrdArounO wrote: ADD, attention defficit disorder.... why does it seem like everybody has or think they have ADD? I think its a goverment scandel to hook people on drugs is what it is. If you break down ADD medicine like aderol its more or less cocaine. I think people lack complete attention by nature and given them drugs isnt gonna help in the long run...ADD is bullshit, but aderol can be a good drug

You are a funny person i have ADD or ADHD but now i have ADD because i was diagonosed and put on medicine at the right age yes adderall is mixed with amepteamine salts but is not like cocain more like speed and i have seen that when people who dont have ADD take it it has diffrent effects but when people like me take it it helps us concentrate and i know this because for 6 years i have taken adderall

|Add me on XBL| My flash's|Thanks to SupraAddict for the awesome sig!

BBS Signature
Inquizitor
Inquizitor
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to What is ADD? 2009-02-27 09:23:03 Reply

There are a few theories on the prevalence of ADD/ADHD. Basically, some people say that parents just don't discipline their kids enough. Others say that doctors over-diagnose ADD/ADHD to help pharmacies make money from drug sales. There are also people who say that parents are quick to turn to medication to help "make their kid normal".

I think that there may be some truth to these theories, but there is no single cause for the wide-spread diagnosis. I believe that if a kid's symptoms interfere with his school work and/or social life, he should have the option of going on medications to help keep it under control.

fallensoul289
fallensoul289
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Gamer
Response to What is ADD? 2009-02-27 09:27:15 Reply

At 2/27/09 08:36 AM, STEM wrote: Excuse to sell drugs to kids for profit. Don't care how bad anyone had it as a child, that shit is not a disease.

Well acutally there are kids who sell it for a profit and you can make a killing with it but i never sold mine but it does help when i started taking it i started doing better in school and yes it is a disease. Give a person who does not have ADD adderall and give someone who has ADD adderall and see how the person who doesn't have it feels like they are high and the person who does have ADD can concentrate and pay attention the thing is that if you have ADD or ADHD your body works so fast and it is like you are always in a hurry and when you take something like speed (adderall) it slows you down its a werid way of how it works

|Add me on XBL| My flash's|Thanks to SupraAddict for the awesome sig!

BBS Signature
PadreBueno
PadreBueno
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to What is ADD? 2009-02-27 09:29:58 Reply

I have AD......... oh shiny!

Gamer Tag: General Gasher My fourm is at www.HackersHub.aceboards.com the first ten members are mods! I really need members Guys help me out!

BBS Signature
carlosbarn
carlosbarn
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to What is ADD? 2009-02-27 09:38:40 Reply

At 2/27/09 09:29 AM, PadreBueno wrote: I have AD......... oh shiny!

Dude what are you doing? Don't be dis... oh shiny!

"Without love there is no hate" "But good sir isn't love what bring everyone together?" "To only pretend to love each other when they despise they're very existance... fools"

piratey
piratey
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to What is ADD? 2009-02-27 09:40:22 Reply

At 2/27/09 09:38 AM, carlosbarn wrote:

Seriously guys, that's so not.....oh shiny!

PARAGON-pvp
PARAGON-pvp
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to What is ADD? 2009-02-27 10:13:10 Reply

At 2/27/09 08:41 AM, CanadianSnowman wrote: Adults didn't discipline.

You lakka disciprine !!!!!!!!

I cut things.

Peaceblossom
Peaceblossom
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Reader
Response to What is ADD? 2009-02-27 10:14:26 Reply

The reason people think they have it, is because the symptoms are sooooo general. Like, forgetfulness is a symptom.

"Oh hey, I left my keys inside, LOL, THATS SO RANDOM, MAYBE I HAVE ADD".

BBS Signature
Metal-Sonic-v2
Metal-Sonic-v2
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Blank Slate
Response to What is ADD? 2009-02-27 10:20:36 Reply

In my town, there are quite a few people who are on ADD medication. I'm not a doctor, but it seems obvious to me, due to their erratic behavior, that some of them actually need it.

At 2/27/09 09:40 AM, piratey wrote:
At 2/27/09 09:38 AM, carlosbarn wrote:
Seriously guys, that's so not.....oh shiny!

I'll give each of you a brand-new shiny hat if you start paying attention to the topic at hand.

What is ADD?

My YouTube Page (Why not stop by?) Also, click the image below to listen to a wonderful (and to many, familiar) song.

BBS Signature
blackattackbitch
blackattackbitch
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Musician
Response to What is ADD? 2009-02-27 10:36:39 Reply

At 2/27/09 09:22 AM, fallensoul289 wrote: You are a funny person i have ADD or ADHD but now i have ADD because i was diagonosed and put on medicine at the right age yes adderall is mixed with amepteamine salts but is not like cocain more like speed and i have seen that when people who dont have ADD take it it has diffrent effects but when people like me take it it helps us concentrate and i know this because for 6 years i have taken adderall

It's hard to concentrate on your post due to the lack of grammar and punctuation. Maybe I have ADD too?

Cyberdevil
Cyberdevil
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 50
Writer
Response to What is ADD? 2009-02-27 10:38:04 Reply

ADD, also the postively vicious nemesis of SUBTRACT.

Metal-Sonic-v2
Metal-Sonic-v2
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Blank Slate
Response to What is ADD? 2009-02-27 10:41:20 Reply

At 2/27/09 10:38 AM, Cyberdevil wrote: ADD, also the postively vicious nemesis of SUBTRACT.

Oh, I see what you did there.

By that logic, what's the vicious nemesis of ADHD?

BBS Signature
066pop
066pop
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to What is ADD? 2009-02-27 10:49:26 Reply

ADD is, as you have said, utter 'bullshit'.

I don't care how many studies there have been, they are just lazy and have a bad attention span. It is just another excuse so they don't feel as bad.

EG:
I'm a fat person, simply because I eat too much and don't get enough exercise. AKA I am bloody lazy. It's just saying that I am 'bloody lazy' could offend me, so it's a bit like saying I have an eating disorder. I don't though, Im just this bloody lazy guy.

No I don't have an eating disorder, Im just a fat ass lazy man... My whole point... I just made up that little scenario to get my point across.

There is no such thing as an attention problem or disorder!

blackattackbitch
blackattackbitch
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Musician
Response to What is ADD? 2009-02-27 10:52:23 Reply

At 2/27/09 10:41 AM, Metal-Sonic-v2 wrote:
At 2/27/09 10:38 AM, Cyberdevil wrote: ADD, also the postively vicious nemesis of SUBTRACT.
Oh, I see what you did there.

By that logic, what's the vicious nemesis of ADHD?

Obviously it's SUBTRACHT! It involves taking the minus sign and chopping someone's dick off with it.

Cyberdevil
Cyberdevil
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 50
Writer
Response to What is ADD? 2009-02-27 10:53:02 Reply

At 2/27/09 10:41 AM, Metal-Sonic-v2 wrote: By that logic, what's the vicious nemesis of ADHD?

ALSD?

Afterlife Softdrive, obviously.

Metal-Sonic-v2
Metal-Sonic-v2
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Blank Slate
Response to What is ADD? 2009-02-27 10:56:15 Reply

At 2/27/09 10:49 AM, 066pop wrote: I don't care how many studies there have been, they are just lazy and have a bad attention span. It is just another excuse so they don't feel as bad.

Well, despite the multiple times that I've been tempted to disregard ADD as a serious illness, I trust science. If, according to some truly scientific studies, the brains of ADD test subjects develop differently than the brains of non-ADD subjects, then I'm convinced.

BBS Signature
Cyberdevil
Cyberdevil
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 50
Writer
Response to What is ADD? 2009-02-27 10:58:00 Reply

At 2/27/09 10:52 AM, blackattackbitch wrote: It involves taking the minus sign and chopping someone's dick off with it.

The material realm is disintegrating.

Brumak
Brumak
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Melancholy
Response to What is ADD? 2009-02-27 11:13:04 Reply

At 2/27/09 08:20 AM, CapnCrunchDaPimp wrote: Don't make fun of ADD. I have it and it's a serious problem I was born with. ADD stands for Attention Deficit OOH A BUTTERFLY!!! :D

Hmmm.... I have ADOS. Attention Deficit, OOOOH SHINY :3

Xbox Live Gamertag: iR Bulbasaur

BBS Signature
Cyberdevil
Cyberdevil
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 50
Writer
Response to What is ADD? 2009-02-27 11:14:24 Reply

At 2/27/09 11:13 AM, Brumak wrote: Hmmm.... I have ADOS. Attention Deficit, OOOOH SHINY :3

lmao, all of these mental states seem to have the same strains, are there any real differences??

Anth0n
Anth0n
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Blank Slate
Response to What is ADD? 2009-02-27 11:20:51 Reply

I think it is WAY overdiagnosed, I was diagnosed at one point and for five years I was absolutely convinced I had it. What was really the case was that I was a sugar addict, and eating sugary stuff all the time was causing my attention to suffer greatly. Took me a while to figure that out, since no "professional" ever bothered to even bring up the possibility.

After discontinuing the consumption of so many unhealthy and sugary products, I feel totally normal and will never need medication again. Seriously, being in good health is underrated.

Newest song: Eastern Emergence Reviews/comments appreciated!

BBS Signature
DanWandin
DanWandin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Blank Slate
Response to What is ADD? 2009-02-27 11:26:51 Reply

One of my relatives has ADD, he's only 7 and behaviour wise, I think he just needs a good kick in the arse. But he does get distracted very easily, and the medication does seem to be helping him with that, but his behaviour is still shit.

When he arrives at school, as soon as he walks in the door the teacher asks him if he's had his medicine and if he says no then she gets straight onto the phone and calls his mum. "Yeah, he's just a little unsettled, he said he hasn't taken his medication so would you be able to...etc"

Teachers these days are fucking useless.

Anal Nerve endings enable individuals to distinguish between flatus and feces, although loose stool can confuse the individual, occasionally resulting in accidental defecation

Fim
Fim
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Audiophile
Response to What is ADD? 2009-02-27 11:34:44 Reply

My mate has it, he uses it as an excuse for weed smoking. Although I'll admit it does tend to chill him out loads :D legalise pots!!

BBS Signature
Zerok
Zerok
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 34
Writer
Response to What is ADD? 2009-02-27 11:36:08 Reply

FYI, ADD is a term from like, the 70s. It's improper to use that term in a clinical sense, not that you pills care.

ADHD comes in three different subtypes:

Predominantly Inattentive Type (six more or criteria in the Inattentive category (DSM-IV-TR)).
" " Hyperactive-Impulsive Type (six more or criteria in the H-I category).
Combined Type, which is six or more in both.

Plus the child has meet some "overall criteria," like having the issues in more than one setting, and have the issues persist for more than 6 months.

http://www.cdc.gov/ncbddd/adhd/symptom.h tm <------- Actual list of criteria.

People who think ADHD is a myth have been proven wrong through brain imaging studies. While there is no known "cause" (or cure) per se, kids who are correctly diagnosed with the disorder typically have different brain structures and brain activity.

Zerok blog: PM me if you like music | My (retired) webcomic: Pizza For Guys