Be a Supporter!

Kinsei01's Art Thread

  • 65,658 Views
  • 1,507 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
Kinsei
Kinsei
  • Member since: Sep. 9, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 41
Artist
Response to Kinsei01's Art Thread Jul. 7th, 2010 @ 01:19 AM Reply

At 7/7/10 01:10 AM, MajesticBob wrote: I hear that. I have not posted a thing in a while. But My concern is Oddly the eyes and lips. I was thinking to myself, "The hell Kinsei?" I understand it's cartoonish but the eyes are just horrible (at least to me.) The lips are passible by cartoon standards. It is what it is though. And as long as you had fun drawing it, then bully for your!

so I take it the "Holding Breath" look didn't come across then. I guess I'll just have to practice more. In all honesty I'm still not very used to using this messy method. Big flaw on my end, but perhaps with time. I see so many other artist use this method, and it works for them, so I guess I need to learn it too.

Recently I wanted to do kind of a series of facial studies and expressions. guess this could be a start. I also wanna practice effects more as well.


Whiskey | The Old | The New | Portal | updated sig thanks to gumby

BBS Signature
Kinsei
Kinsei
  • Member since: Sep. 9, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 41
Artist
Response to Kinsei01's Art Thread Jul. 7th, 2010 @ 04:51 AM Reply

Well..... I am so going to hell....
HoboMon
.....

Blame Me Danny and QB for fueling this idea

My HoboMon Trainer and His Hobo, Old Smelly

Kinsei01's Art Thread


Whiskey | The Old | The New | Portal | updated sig thanks to gumby

BBS Signature
Kinsei
Kinsei
  • Member since: Sep. 9, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 41
Artist
Response to Kinsei01's Art Thread Jul. 12th, 2010 @ 12:11 AM Reply

I was watching REAPER today. I thought it was pretty funny, but since I need multiple things to keep me occupied, I drew as well....

Fresh off the Robot Day high

A Robotic Skull!

I think this came out well, I like the glass over the positrinic brain and the spinal chord the most :D

Kinsei01's Art Thread


Whiskey | The Old | The New | Portal | updated sig thanks to gumby

BBS Signature
Kinsei
Kinsei
  • Member since: Sep. 9, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 41
Artist
Response to Kinsei01's Art Thread Jul. 12th, 2010 @ 12:17 AM Reply

And for my second one trick pony.....

yeah I know what I just said

A Self Portrait!

Laugh, you know you want to.....

and if you got a second between the lols, go vote and review

Kinsei01's Art Thread


Whiskey | The Old | The New | Portal | updated sig thanks to gumby

BBS Signature
Ashman
Ashman
  • Member since: May. 12, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 26
Artist
Response to Kinsei01's Art Thread Jul. 12th, 2010 @ 12:21 AM Reply

damnit i was just about to say that :P now for digital lineart over it and color, you can do that, right?

Kinsei
Kinsei
  • Member since: Sep. 9, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 41
Artist
Response to Kinsei01's Art Thread Jul. 12th, 2010 @ 12:22 AM Reply

At 7/12/10 12:21 AM, Ashman wrote: damnit i was just about to say that :P now for digital lineart over it and color, you can do that, right?

...... who told you I could do that.... they lied....... they lied like a old dog.............

which one are you talking about, the monkey or the skull? :P

Whiskey | The Old | The New | Portal | updated sig thanks to gumby

BBS Signature
MajesticBob
MajesticBob
  • Member since: Apr. 3, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Artist
Response to Kinsei01's Art Thread Jul. 12th, 2010 @ 12:25 AM Reply

At 7/12/10 12:22 AM, Kinsei01 wrote:
At 7/12/10 12:21 AM, Ashman wrote: damnit i was just about to say that :P now for digital lineart over it and color, you can do that, right?
...... who told you I could do that.... they lied....... they lied like a old dog.............
which one are you talking about, the monkey or the skull? :P

Monkeys.... Heee!......

Kinsei
Kinsei
  • Member since: Sep. 9, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 41
Artist
Response to Kinsei01's Art Thread Jul. 12th, 2010 @ 02:29 AM Reply

Here too...

we agreed on it :P

Kinsei01's Art Thread


Whiskey | The Old | The New | Portal | updated sig thanks to gumby

BBS Signature
Kinsei
Kinsei
  • Member since: Sep. 9, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 41
Artist
Response to Kinsei01's Art Thread Jul. 18th, 2010 @ 08:05 PM Reply

that thing I was working on the other night.... I figured a scan and post couldn't hurt. I don't have any real plans of taking it any further than this though...

Kinsei01's Art Thread


Whiskey | The Old | The New | Portal | updated sig thanks to gumby

BBS Signature
bigjonny13
bigjonny13
  • Member since: Jul. 7, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 52
Voice Actor
Response to Kinsei01's Art Thread Jul. 19th, 2010 @ 12:07 AM Reply

At 7/18/10 08:05 PM, Kinsei01 wrote: that thing I was working on the other night.... I figured a scan and post couldn't hurt. I don't have any real plans of taking it any further than this though...

Good action pose. It's proper for the environment, the shading is down and the anatomy is pretty solid. Nicely done.

Kinsei
Kinsei
  • Member since: Sep. 9, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 41
Artist
Response to Kinsei01's Art Thread Jul. 19th, 2010 @ 08:28 AM Reply

I think I will be modeling this lantern.
I was some what bored this through the night and I needed to design one for that 3D landscape anyway.
I think it looks good, got a nice fantasy touch to it, What do you guys think?

Kinsei01's Art Thread


Whiskey | The Old | The New | Portal | updated sig thanks to gumby

BBS Signature
Ashman
Ashman
  • Member since: May. 12, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 26
Artist
Response to Kinsei01's Art Thread Jul. 19th, 2010 @ 08:31 AM Reply

At 7/19/10 08:28 AM, Kinsei01 wrote: I think I will be modeling this lantern.
I was some what bored this through the night and I needed to design one for that 3D landscape anyway.
I think it looks good, got a nice fantasy touch to it, What do you guys think?

has that fantasy mmorpg look to it, should fit in, go for it

kinda reminds me of chinese/oriental aswell
Kinsei
Kinsei
  • Member since: Sep. 9, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 41
Artist
Response to Kinsei01's Art Thread Jul. 19th, 2010 @ 08:35 AM Reply

At 7/19/10 08:31 AM, Ashman wrote:
At 7/19/10 08:28 AM, Kinsei01 wrote: I think I will be modeling this lantern.
I was some what bored this through the night and I needed to design one for that 3D landscape anyway.
I think it looks good, got a nice fantasy touch to it, What do you guys think?
has that fantasy mmorpg look to it, should fit in, go for it

kinda reminds me of chinese/oriental aswell

it does have somewhat of a oriental design to it. But I have also noticed that a lot of MMORPG items have similar characteristics. I guess its just part of the ever evolving fantasy setting.


Whiskey | The Old | The New | Portal | updated sig thanks to gumby

BBS Signature
Lintire
Lintire
  • Member since: Aug. 21, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Kinsei01's Art Thread Jul. 19th, 2010 @ 08:42 AM Reply

Nice lantern concept - reminds me more of a Victorian era lantern then a fantasy MMO one, but then again those eras are usually intersected quite often in fantasy games, so it's no surprise.

I say go for it. Looks interesting, and practice is practice.

Kinsei
Kinsei
  • Member since: Sep. 9, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 41
Artist
Response to Kinsei01's Art Thread Jul. 26th, 2010 @ 05:20 AM Reply

I was going to wait until the first to put this up but I guess now is as good as any
New piece called "Glory"
I'm being an ass this time and only posting a preview, gotta go to the portal to see it all
muhahahaha

Kinsei01's Art Thread


Whiskey | The Old | The New | Portal | updated sig thanks to gumby

BBS Signature
Fifty-50
Fifty-50
  • Member since: Sep. 5, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Artist
Response to Kinsei01's Art Thread Jul. 26th, 2010 @ 07:10 AM Reply

At 7/26/10 05:20 AM, Kinsei01 wrote: I was going to wait until the first to put this up but I guess now is as good as any
New piece called "Glory"
I'm being an ass this time and only posting a preview, gotta go to the portal to see it all
muhahahaha

Nice piece Kinsei. Although I'd rather call it Dragon kicking ass lol. How the hell did that guy not feel anything? He's barely wearing any armor, so I wonder. The sword could be a bit longer, unless if you menat it to be a dagger. But still, it's all good.


Art Thread/NG Art - View it. /I love rainbows do you?/

BBS Signature
Kinsei
Kinsei
  • Member since: Sep. 9, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 41
Artist
Response to Kinsei01's Art Thread Jul. 26th, 2010 @ 01:22 PM Reply

At 7/26/10 07:10 AM, Fifty-50 wrote:
At 7/26/10 05:20 AM, Kinsei01 wrote: I was going to wait until the first to put this up but I guess now is as good as any
New piece called "Glory"
I'm being an ass this time and only posting a preview, gotta go to the portal to see it all
muhahahaha
Nice piece Kinsei. Although I'd rather call it Dragon kicking ass lol. How the hell did that guy not feel anything? He's barely wearing any armor, so I wonder. The sword could be a bit longer, unless if you menat it to be a dagger. But still, it's all good.

I figured the sword was about the size of a short sword, unless your from Texas, cause you know, everything is bigger in Texas....
This piece was inspired by a lot of the older Conan pieces. and no matter what damage that bad-ass took he was more likely to giggle than to grimace in pain, and like Chuck Norris, giggling just doesn't happen.
Rendering the Dragon was a hell of a lot easier than the warrior. I mean with the Dragon the strongest light source was easy, with the warrior was in the light source.... and would probably "be" the light source before longer.


Whiskey | The Old | The New | Portal | updated sig thanks to gumby

BBS Signature
Kinsei
Kinsei
  • Member since: Sep. 9, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 41
Artist
Response to Kinsei01's Art Thread Jul. 27th, 2010 @ 09:53 AM Reply

Not 100% sure where I am going with this.
Kind of looks cool though...
And questions or comments?

Kinsei01's Art Thread


Whiskey | The Old | The New | Portal | updated sig thanks to gumby

BBS Signature
TheSilverSerpent
TheSilverSerpent
  • Member since: Sep. 25, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to Kinsei01's Art Thread Jul. 27th, 2010 @ 12:47 PM Reply

Are there any particular resources or techniques you used to get the hang of anatomy?

(Kind of my biggest art problem atm)


TheSilverSerpent: Kickin' it with a new kind of style.

BBS Signature
jeeshwa123
jeeshwa123
  • Member since: Dec. 12, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Kinsei01's Art Thread Jul. 27th, 2010 @ 02:58 PM Reply

At 7/18/10 08:05 PM, Kinsei01 wrote: that thing I was working on the other night.... I figured a scan and post couldn't hurt. I don't have any real plans of taking it any further than this though...

this looks really nice, the pose of the buddy isn't quite dynamic enough though. He needs to suffer WHIPLASH from whatever just went on ontop of that building XD
really good though :)


..

bigjonny13
bigjonny13
  • Member since: Jul. 7, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 52
Voice Actor
Response to Kinsei01's Art Thread Jul. 27th, 2010 @ 05:14 PM Reply

Where's my Vectorman?

Kinsei
Kinsei
  • Member since: Sep. 9, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 41
Artist
Response to Kinsei01's Art Thread Jul. 27th, 2010 @ 09:05 PM Reply

At 7/27/10 12:47 PM, TheSilverSerpent wrote: Are there any particular resources or techniques you used to get the hang of anatomy?

(Kind of my biggest art problem atm)

the greatest resource I can advise is an actual life drawing class with a good solid teacher. You can learn a lot from books, but nothing beats a live model posed just feet away. If you don't have access to a live model or a class that offers life drawing, or a girlfriend/boyfriend who is very open to getting in to the skivvies for your practice then you can always set at a local mall and draw quick 10 second gestures of people as they walk by.
After that its a lot of practice
After getting the basics down There is Pose Maniacs to help keep your skills up

At 7/27/10 05:14 PM, big-jonny-13 wrote: Where's my Vectorman?

it's been done since yesterday....
:P

Kinsei01's Art Thread


Whiskey | The Old | The New | Portal | updated sig thanks to gumby

BBS Signature
Ashman
Ashman
  • Member since: May. 12, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 26
Artist
Response to Kinsei01's Art Thread Jul. 27th, 2010 @ 09:26 PM Reply

i think you needed a few more references, compare yours to this , they dont look very similiar

Ashman
Ashman
  • Member since: May. 12, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 26
Artist
Response to Kinsei01's Art Thread Jul. 27th, 2010 @ 09:28 PM Reply

At 7/27/10 09:26 PM, Ashman wrote: i think you needed a few more references, compare yours to this , they dont look very similiar

ignore this, the ingame model is a fat mass of balls...goddamn false advertising

still needs those small details, and the head shape and details need a bit of a fix

Kinsei
Kinsei
  • Member since: Sep. 9, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 41
Artist
Response to Kinsei01's Art Thread Jul. 27th, 2010 @ 11:38 PM Reply

At 7/27/10 09:28 PM, Ashman wrote:
At 7/27/10 09:26 PM, Ashman wrote: i think you needed a few more references, compare yours to this , they dont look very similiar
ignore this, the ingame model is a fat mass of balls...goddamn false advertising

still needs those small details, and the head shape and details need a bit of a fix

although I didn't go in to great details, I pulled pretty much all my reference from Google

mostly since I didn't personally know the material

And it all looks like a bunch of spheres put together to me.
I mean really its not like there was much difference from one to another


Whiskey | The Old | The New | Portal | updated sig thanks to gumby

BBS Signature
bigjonny13
bigjonny13
  • Member since: Jul. 7, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 52
Voice Actor
Kinsei
Kinsei
  • Member since: Sep. 9, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 41
Artist
Response to Kinsei01's Art Thread Jul. 27th, 2010 @ 11:45 PM Reply

At 7/27/10 11:39 PM, big-jonny-13 wrote: Gotta make him more badass, like on the cover.

I thought about that, but that one cover piece is pretty much all the art there is of him looking like that. Even much of the fan art I came across was based off Vectorman 2.
so I went with what thought was the more popular version,


Whiskey | The Old | The New | Portal | updated sig thanks to gumby

BBS Signature
Kinsei
Kinsei
  • Member since: Sep. 9, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 41
Artist
Response to Kinsei01's Art Thread Jul. 31st, 2010 @ 12:51 PM Reply

Brain dead Doodle?
Yes they are....

and I don't even really like abstract all that much....

Kinsei01's Art Thread


Whiskey | The Old | The New | Portal | updated sig thanks to gumby

BBS Signature
MajesticBob
MajesticBob
  • Member since: Apr. 3, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Artist
Response to Kinsei01's Art Thread Jul. 31st, 2010 @ 01:54 PM Reply

Looks like a surf board.

Kinsei
Kinsei
  • Member since: Sep. 9, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 41
Artist
Response to Kinsei01's Art Thread Jul. 31st, 2010 @ 01:59 PM Reply

At 7/31/10 01:54 PM, MajesticBob wrote: Looks like a surf board.

gnarly dude...... gnarly....


Whiskey | The Old | The New | Portal | updated sig thanks to gumby

BBS Signature