00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

B0ss3 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Kinsei01's Art Thread

119,412 Views | 1,487 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Kinsei01's Art Thread 2010-07-05 00:31:04

At 7/5/10 12:27 AM, MajesticBob wrote: Defiler!

Careful, I have been know to defile the following
~Life
~Art
~Happiness
~Small Explosives
~And Homeless Men

:D Thanks for using the Defiler of Life's services.

Whiskey | The Old | The New | Portal | updated sig thanks to gumby

BBS Signature

Response to Kinsei01's Art Thread 2010-07-05 00:32:12

useless post, dont do that

pic looks good kinsei, chrome and see through-ey bits look great, only thing is the pic doesnt go together as a whole, the sky and ships and whole background dont fit together or with the character for some reason

Response to Kinsei01's Art Thread 2010-07-05 00:34:16

At 7/5/10 12:32 AM, Ashman wrote: pic looks good kinsei, chrome and see through-ey bits look great, only thing is the pic doesnt go together as a whole, the sky and ships and whole background dont fit together or with the character for some reason

Yeah the biggest thing is all of it seems to be a different style. I think that is what hurts it most of all just not consistent with itself.

BBS Signature

Response to Kinsei01's Art Thread 2010-07-05 00:41:55

things that are different style

- robot/bridge
-ships
-space
-mountains
-city

and the spotlight and ground look a bit wierd, you got so many styles in one pic somehow and that just throws the whole thing off balance

Response to Kinsei01's Art Thread 2010-07-05 01:41:03

At 7/5/10 12:32 AM, Ashman wrote:
useless post, dont do that

Just poking fun at Kinsei. Meant no harm. But alas I will useless post no more. Aside from this one saying I won't do that anymore.

Response to Kinsei01's Art Thread 2010-07-05 02:00:49

At 7/5/10 01:41 AM, MajesticBob wrote: Just poking fun at Kinsei. Meant no harm. But alas I will useless post no more. Aside from this one saying I won't do that anymore.

it's a skill, you gotta work at it.... besides 90% of my thread is useless post and random conversation :D

BBS Signature

Response to Kinsei01's Art Thread 2010-07-05 02:07:27

I'd uselessly post in my own thread but It's scary there, full of bad drawings and such.

Response to Kinsei01's Art Thread 2010-07-05 02:08:54

At 7/5/10 02:07 AM, MajesticBob wrote: I'd uselessly post in my own thread but It's scary there, full of bad drawings and such.

not bad... unrefined.....
see a difference
:D

BBS Signature

Response to Kinsei01's Art Thread 2010-07-05 02:14:04

At 7/5/10 02:08 AM, Kinsei01 wrote:
At 7/5/10 02:07 AM, MajesticBob wrote: I'd uselessly post in my own thread but It's scary there, full of bad drawings and such.
not bad... unrefined.....
see a difference
D

Unrefined? Are you calling me crude oil? You blaming me for the Gulf? Nice... Lol. I don't think I'm following Ash's "Don't post useless stuff post" Ahh 2am is there anything you can't do?

Response to Kinsei01's Art Thread 2010-07-05 02:16:23

At 7/5/10 02:14 AM, MajesticBob wrote: Unrefined? Are you calling me crude oil? You blaming me for the Gulf?

well..... at least I can set you on fire >:D

Nice... Lol. I don't think I'm following Ash's "Don't post useless stuff post" Ahh 2am is there anything you can't do?

be 3 AM?
:P

BBS Signature

Response to Kinsei01's Art Thread 2010-07-05 02:22:26

At 7/5/10 02:16 AM, Kinsei01 wrote:
At 7/5/10 02:14 AM, MajesticBob wrote: Unrefined? Are you calling me crude oil? You blaming me for the Gulf?
well..... at least I can set you on fire >:D
Nice... Lol. I don't think I'm following Ash's "Don't post useless stuff post" Ahh 2am is there anything you can't do?
be 3 AM?
P

I dunno. But I'm gonna go to bed before I do something to get myself banned. Lol. Also your Robot day pic makes me cry, cause I know I will never will when people make pics of that quality. Good job good Sir!

Response to Kinsei01's Art Thread 2010-07-06 22:32:53

Still trying to get used to roughing things out in Photoshop with my tablet.
I typically do things by hand and then scan it in. I really gotta get better with my other skills.
Not really worth a portal entry, but plenty good enough for a thread bump.

Kinsei01's Art Thread

BBS Signature

Response to Kinsei01's Art Thread 2010-07-06 23:57:32

At 7/6/10 10:32 PM, Kinsei01 wrote: Still trying to get used to roughing things out in Photoshop with my tablet.
I typically do things by hand and then scan it in. I really gotta get better with my other skills.

GAH! And ypu tell ME to practice. Lol! Ok so it's still better than my crap, but I'm still gonna poke fun dammit.

Response to Kinsei01's Art Thread 2010-07-07 00:56:01

At 7/6/10 11:57 PM, MajesticBob wrote:
At 7/6/10 10:32 PM, Kinsei01 wrote: Still trying to get used to roughing things out in Photoshop with my tablet.
GAH! And ypu tell ME to practice. Lol! Ok so it's still better than my crap, but I'm still gonna poke fun dammit.

.....um.... it's a do as I say not as I do policy? >.>'.....
yeah thats it.... :D
It is sad that I get focused on one aspect and forget to exercise in another.
I do notice one thing about this though. The right side of the face and features seem a little bigger than the left side.
maybe it has something to do with me being right handed......
I'm kind of in a artist block right now anyway, so I got the spare time to look it up :P

BBS Signature

Response to Kinsei01's Art Thread 2010-07-07 01:10:24

At 7/7/10 12:56 AM, Kinsei01 wrote:
At 7/6/10 11:57 PM, MajesticBob wrote:
.....um.... it's a do as I say not as I do policy? >.>'.....
yeah thats it.... :D
It is sad that I get focused on one aspect and forget to exercise in another.
I do notice one thing about this though. The right side of the face and features seem a little bigger than the left side.
maybe it has something to do with me being right handed......
I'm kind of in a artist block right now anyway, so I got the spare time to look it up :P

I hear that. I have not posted a thing in a while. But My concern is Oddly the eyes and lips. I was thinking to myself, "The hell Kinsei?" I understand it's cartoonish but the eyes are just horrible (at least to me.) The lips are passible by cartoon standards. It is what it is though. And as long as you had fun drawing it, then bully for your!

Response to Kinsei01's Art Thread 2010-07-07 01:19:56

At 7/7/10 01:10 AM, MajesticBob wrote: I hear that. I have not posted a thing in a while. But My concern is Oddly the eyes and lips. I was thinking to myself, "The hell Kinsei?" I understand it's cartoonish but the eyes are just horrible (at least to me.) The lips are passible by cartoon standards. It is what it is though. And as long as you had fun drawing it, then bully for your!

so I take it the "Holding Breath" look didn't come across then. I guess I'll just have to practice more. In all honesty I'm still not very used to using this messy method. Big flaw on my end, but perhaps with time. I see so many other artist use this method, and it works for them, so I guess I need to learn it too.

Recently I wanted to do kind of a series of facial studies and expressions. guess this could be a start. I also wanna practice effects more as well.

BBS Signature

Response to Kinsei01's Art Thread 2010-07-07 04:51:51

Well..... I am so going to hell....
HoboMon

Blame Me Danny and QB for fueling this idea

My HoboMon Trainer and His Hobo, Old Smelly

Kinsei01's Art Thread

BBS Signature

Response to Kinsei01's Art Thread 2010-07-12 00:11:51

I was watching REAPER today. I thought it was pretty funny, but since I need multiple things to keep me occupied, I drew as well....

Fresh off the Robot Day high

A Robotic Skull!

I think this came out well, I like the glass over the positrinic brain and the spinal chord the most :D

Kinsei01's Art Thread

BBS Signature

Response to Kinsei01's Art Thread 2010-07-12 00:17:26

And for my second one trick pony.....

yeah I know what I just said

A Self Portrait!

Laugh, you know you want to.....

and if you got a second between the lols, go vote and review

Kinsei01's Art Thread

BBS Signature

Response to Kinsei01's Art Thread 2010-07-12 00:21:05

damnit i was just about to say that :P now for digital lineart over it and color, you can do that, right?

Response to Kinsei01's Art Thread 2010-07-12 00:22:57

At 7/12/10 12:21 AM, Ashman wrote: damnit i was just about to say that :P now for digital lineart over it and color, you can do that, right?

...... who told you I could do that.... they lied....... they lied like a old dog.............

which one are you talking about, the monkey or the skull? :P

BBS Signature

Response to Kinsei01's Art Thread 2010-07-12 00:25:17

At 7/12/10 12:22 AM, Kinsei01 wrote:
At 7/12/10 12:21 AM, Ashman wrote: damnit i was just about to say that :P now for digital lineart over it and color, you can do that, right?
...... who told you I could do that.... they lied....... they lied like a old dog.............
which one are you talking about, the monkey or the skull? :P

Monkeys.... Heee!......

Response to Kinsei01's Art Thread 2010-07-12 02:29:15

Here too...

we agreed on it :P

Kinsei01's Art Thread

BBS Signature

Response to Kinsei01's Art Thread 2010-07-18 20:05:41

that thing I was working on the other night.... I figured a scan and post couldn't hurt. I don't have any real plans of taking it any further than this though...

Kinsei01's Art Thread

BBS Signature

Response to Kinsei01's Art Thread 2010-07-19 00:07:45

At 7/18/10 08:05 PM, Kinsei01 wrote: that thing I was working on the other night.... I figured a scan and post couldn't hurt. I don't have any real plans of taking it any further than this though...

Good action pose. It's proper for the environment, the shading is down and the anatomy is pretty solid. Nicely done.

Response to Kinsei01's Art Thread 2010-07-19 08:28:57

I think I will be modeling this lantern.
I was some what bored this through the night and I needed to design one for that 3D landscape anyway.
I think it looks good, got a nice fantasy touch to it, What do you guys think?

Kinsei01's Art Thread

BBS Signature

Response to Kinsei01's Art Thread 2010-07-19 08:31:50

At 7/19/10 08:28 AM, Kinsei01 wrote: I think I will be modeling this lantern.
I was some what bored this through the night and I needed to design one for that 3D landscape anyway.

has that fantasy mmorpg look to it, should fit in, go for it

kinda reminds me of chinese/oriental aswell

Response to Kinsei01's Art Thread 2010-07-19 08:35:46

At 7/19/10 08:31 AM, Ashman wrote:
At 7/19/10 08:28 AM, Kinsei01 wrote: I think I will be modeling this lantern.
has that fantasy mmorpg look to it, should fit in, go for it

kinda reminds me of chinese/oriental aswell

it does have somewhat of a oriental design to it. But I have also noticed that a lot of MMORPG items have similar characteristics. I guess its just part of the ever evolving fantasy setting.

BBS Signature

Response to Kinsei01's Art Thread 2010-07-19 08:42:53

Nice lantern concept - reminds me more of a Victorian era lantern then a fantasy MMO one, but then again those eras are usually intersected quite often in fantasy games, so it's no surprise.

I say go for it. Looks interesting, and practice is practice.

Response to Kinsei01's Art Thread 2010-07-26 05:20:14

I was going to wait until the first to put this up but I guess now is as good as any
New piece called "Glory"
I'm being an ass this time and only posting a preview, gotta go to the portal to see it all
muhahahaha

Kinsei01's Art Thread

BBS Signature