New Topic Respond to this Topic
Lord-Ilpalozzo
Lord-Ilpalozzo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Blank Slate
Dead bodies and a cancerous penis Feb. 21st, 2009 @ 10:32 PM Reply

I went to see a concert yesterday and saw that the Body World exhibition was showing so I went in today to look at all the preserved plastinated dead bodies and organs

It was really cool to see all these fully preserved bodies displayed like a guy sitting holding a brain or some guy posed as if he was playing tennis so you can see all the muscle of course I kinda drew the line at the dead babies and foetus part .

I went up to the lung display with a healthy set of lungs and a blackened cancerous smokers lung and I noticed a clear plastic box with a hole on top and it was half filled with packs of cigarettes, apparently seeing the black lung makes a lot of people so disgusted /frightened that they immediately want to throw away their cigarettes.

Of course then I was looking at the dissected reproductive organs and while that was pretty interesting I'd say the most disgusting part for me was the deformed looking cancerous penis in the glass case I mean what a horrible way for a guy to die and now his junk is in a case for people to look at.

Have any else here seen this exhibition? What did you think? Would you go if it showed near you or do you think it would be to disgusting to look at preserved dead bodies and organs?

Body Worlds Website

BBS Signature
Drugged
Drugged
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Dead bodies and a cancerous penis Feb. 21st, 2009 @ 10:46 PM Reply

Sounds tasty.

I WANT TO FUCK ON THE FLOOR AND BREAK SHIT

BBS Signature
Ridleysoul
Ridleysoul
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Dead bodies and a cancerous penis Feb. 21st, 2009 @ 10:49 PM Reply

I went when it was on in Manchester. It was pretty boring for me actually. I expected the bodies to look... more realistic I guess. Odd to say considering they are actual dead bodies, but I don't know, it just bored me.

BBS Signature
Lord-Ilpalozzo
Lord-Ilpalozzo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to Dead bodies and a cancerous penis Feb. 21st, 2009 @ 10:56 PM Reply

At 2/21/09 10:49 PM, Ridleysoul wrote: I went when it was on in Manchester. It was pretty boring for me actually. I expected the bodies to look... more realistic I guess. Odd to say considering they are actual dead bodies, but I don't know, it just bored me.

Maybe if it were like "House of Wax" where extremely lifelike wax sculptures are dead bodies coated in wax?

BBS Signature
Sensationalism
Sensationalism
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Melancholy
Response to Dead bodies and a cancerous penis Feb. 21st, 2009 @ 10:58 PM Reply

I'm jealous. I've always wanted to go there.

The sig that I'm wearin? Awesomely made by Skaren!
Also, I like annoying Americans by calling English football "real football" and American football "rugby".-Lost-Chances

BBS Signature
EverReady2Kill
EverReady2Kill
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Dead bodies and a cancerous penis Feb. 21st, 2009 @ 10:59 PM Reply

You have a morbid sense of fun don't you?

Even though I'd probably enjoy it.

CAREFREE WHEREVER I MAY BE

BBS Signature
Rebbay
Rebbay
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to Dead bodies and a cancerous penis Feb. 22nd, 2009 @ 12:22 AM Reply

Just thinking about those kinds of things makes me feel ill.

You conniving, randy, bogus-Oriental old queen! Your record sleeves are better than your songs!

BBS Signature
MonkeyV
MonkeyV
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Dead bodies and a cancerous penis Feb. 22nd, 2009 @ 12:32 AM Reply

We've got something pretty close to that where I live.
I've lived here all my life but never seen it.

BBS Signature
seaneatsmidgetclowns
seaneatsmidgetclowns
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Dead bodies and a cancerous penis Feb. 22nd, 2009 @ 12:39 AM Reply

Have any else here seen this exhibition? What did you think? Would you go if it showed near you or do you think it would be to disgusting to look at preserved dead bodies and organs?

Body Worlds Website

Depends. How big was the cock?

BBS Signature
JadeTheAssassin
JadeTheAssassin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Artist
Response to Dead bodies and a cancerous penis Feb. 22nd, 2009 @ 12:51 AM Reply

I remember going when it came to Vancouver, and me and my dad went.

I thought it was pretty awesome--I have a fascination with the body and whatnot.

Tsukino Usagi of the NG /a/ {Sig by cast}
A ninja may be fast, but my dick is faster.

BBS Signature
tigerkitty
tigerkitty
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 55
Blank Slate
Response to Dead bodies and a cancerous penis Feb. 22nd, 2009 @ 12:51 AM Reply

At 2/21/09 10:49 PM, Ridleysoul wrote: I went when it was on in Manchester. It was pretty boring for me actually. I expected the bodies to look... more realistic I guess. Odd to say considering they are actual dead bodies, but I don't know, it just bored me.

So (besides those) have you actual seen any real dead bodies with which to compare them that haven't been on TV or in a video game?

I saw the exhibit when it was in Cleveland a few years back. I thought it was brilliant. I'd say my favorite particular part was the man standing at a desk with just the entire circulatory system. All of it was really fascinating though. They had this one that was a cross section of a normal weight person and a clinically obese person, the amount of fat just sitting in the body of the obese person was astounding.

Lord-Ilpalozzo
Lord-Ilpalozzo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to Dead bodies and a cancerous penis Feb. 23rd, 2009 @ 07:22 AM Reply

At 2/22/09 12:51 AM, tigerkitty wrote:
So (besides those) have you actual seen any real dead bodies with which to compare them that haven't been on TV or in a video game?

I saw the exhibit when it was in Cleveland a few years back. I thought it was brilliant. I'd say my favorite particular part was the man standing at a desk with just the entire circulatory system. All of it was really fascinating though. They had this one that was a cross section of a normal weight person and a clinically obese person, the amount of fat just sitting in the body of the obese person was astounding.

Yeah I liked that too or the guy sliced into thin segments or the arms and legs displayed or lungs as just the circulatory system I wonder how they did that I suppose the fill the blood vessels with something that wont dissolve and dip the body in acid so all your left with are all the blood vessels in the shape of the human body

Dead bodies and a cancerous penis

BBS Signature
HungarianSupermarket
HungarianSupermarket
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Audiophile
Response to Dead bodies and a cancerous penis Feb. 23rd, 2009 @ 07:26 AM Reply

I remember seeing a doco on it a few years back and wanting to go see it ever since. The amount of effort that goes into preserving/presenting the bodies is really quite astounding.

This is filler text.
The Noise I Make. || I'm not dead! || Confess. || AIM/MSN.

BBS Signature
CapnCrunchDaPimp
CapnCrunchDaPimp
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 40
Blank Slate
Response to Dead bodies and a cancerous penis Feb. 23rd, 2009 @ 07:54 AM Reply

I never thought of it that way, but yeah, that sounds hardcore. It is in the name of science but it's real gross, and cancerous penises? Ewww. I bet that guy misses his junk in the afterlife.

Ohioman
Ohioman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Dead bodies and a cancerous penis Feb. 23rd, 2009 @ 09:35 AM Reply

Sounds like a good lunch. Id enjoy the lungs myself.

Metal-Sonic-v2
Metal-Sonic-v2
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Blank Slate
Response to Dead bodies and a cancerous penis Feb. 23rd, 2009 @ 10:33 AM Reply

I'm in a scientific mood right now, so I'd probably want to visit that exhibit, despite my distaste for gore.

My YouTube Page (Why not stop by?)
Also, click the image below to listen to a wonderful (and to many, familiar) song.

BBS Signature
Ridleysoul
Ridleysoul
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Dead bodies and a cancerous penis Feb. 23rd, 2009 @ 10:51 AM Reply

At 2/23/09 10:33 AM, Metal-Sonic-v2 wrote: I'm in a scientific mood right now, so I'd probably want to visit that exhibit, despite my distaste for gore.

Thats the thing though, its not particularly gory. And yes, they were the only dead bodies I've seen, but I think what I meant was you don't actually think of them as things that were once people. Without skin, bodies look strangely artificial in my opinion, I just cant picture them ever actually being alive is all.

BBS Signature
PadreBueno
PadreBueno
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Dead bodies and a cancerous penis Feb. 23rd, 2009 @ 10:52 AM Reply

Holy fuck thats some creepy shit.

Gamer Tag: General Gasher
My fourm is at www.HackersHub.aceboards.com the first ten members are mods! I really need members Guys help me out!

BBS Signature
greenfaerie4
greenfaerie4
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Dead bodies and a cancerous penis Feb. 23rd, 2009 @ 10:54 AM Reply

At 2/21/09 10:58 PM, Sensationalism wrote: I'm jealous. I've always wanted to go there.

Yeah me too, I just never made it there.

"Lulz is watching someone lose their mind at their computer 2,000 miles away while you chat with friends and laugh"

Metal-Sonic-v2
Metal-Sonic-v2
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Blank Slate
Response to Dead bodies and a cancerous penis Feb. 23rd, 2009 @ 10:57 AM Reply

At 2/23/09 10:51 AM, Ridleysoul wrote: Thats the thing though, its not particularly gory. And yes, they were the only dead bodies I've seen, but I think what I meant was you don't actually think of them as things that were once people. Without skin, bodies look strangely artificial in my opinion, I just cant picture them ever actually being alive is all.

I understand what you mean, but you're speaking/typing to a person who can't stand to watch Final Destination because of the fake gore.

My YouTube Page (Why not stop by?)
Also, click the image below to listen to a wonderful (and to many, familiar) song.

BBS Signature
Ridleysoul
Ridleysoul
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Dead bodies and a cancerous penis Feb. 23rd, 2009 @ 11:05 AM Reply

At 2/23/09 10:57 AM, Metal-Sonic-v2 wrote:
At 2/23/09 10:51 AM, Ridleysoul wrote: Thats the thing though, its not particularly gory. And yes, they were the only dead bodies I've seen, but I think what I meant was you don't actually think of them as things that were once people. Without skin, bodies look strangely artificial in my opinion, I just cant picture them ever actually being alive is all.
I understand what you mean, but you're speaking/typing to a person who can't stand to watch Final Destination because of the fake gore.

It's not a particularly great movie anyway. I'm sure you'd be fine if you actually went there. The only thing that disturbed me was the part with the fetuses, but thats in a little enclosed area you can skip anyway.

BBS Signature
DrM
DrM
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Dead bodies and a cancerous penis Feb. 23rd, 2009 @ 11:08 AM Reply

I just find the guy who does these things REALLY creepy. He has some weird fetish for dead people.
That's the only objections I have to it really.
For educational purposes it's pretty cool, I kinda want to go to it.
But I'm sure I don't have the stomach for it.

Never call the bat narrow

BBS Signature
Ridleysoul
Ridleysoul
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Dead bodies and a cancerous penis Feb. 23rd, 2009 @ 12:22 PM Reply

At 2/23/09 11:08 AM, DrM wrote: I just find the guy who does these things REALLY creepy. He has some weird fetish for dead people

Tell me about it. He performed an autopsy live on TV once I think. Not that I watched it or anything...

BBS Signature
Mechabloby
Mechabloby
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 39
Blank Slate
Response to Dead bodies and a cancerous penis Feb. 23rd, 2009 @ 12:29 PM Reply

Oh, I think I'd love to see that - I've heard about that man's works all over the news so I think I would enjoy seeing that exhibition. I've seen some of his works before and it's enough to make my jaw drop, so yeah, would be fun.

| Facebook | last.fm | Steam |
it's just diana ross slowed down 11/10 it's fuckin awful

BBS Signature
DrM
DrM
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Dead bodies and a cancerous penis Feb. 23rd, 2009 @ 02:23 PM Reply

At 2/23/09 12:22 PM, Ridleysoul wrote:
Tell me about it. He performed an autopsy live on TV once I think. Not that I watched it or anything...

He did do that autopsy thing. I saw one of them. It was gross... He was REALLY creepy and just went mad for chopping into these bodies.
The saving grace of it was the actual doctor they had on, who would explain stuff, and dissect things for educational purposes. If it had been just the doctor guy it would've been educational and kind of ok. But it wasn't.
The doctor actually looked quite worried by the mad guy in the background. He was like panting as he chopped up humans.
Whether panting cos of the effort of sawing through a pelvis, or cos he's a dirty necrophiliac, it doesn't matter. It was creepy. So I switched it off.

Never call the bat narrow

BBS Signature
Foustus
Foustus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Filmmaker
Response to Dead bodies and a cancerous penis Feb. 23rd, 2009 @ 02:29 PM Reply

I saw it but i thought it was completely unenteresting and boring except for the first 5 mins i was there

BBS Signature
jakabite
jakabite
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Dead bodies and a cancerous penis Feb. 23rd, 2009 @ 03:37 PM Reply

It was there when I went to London, so I took a look. IT was good, and interesting, but kind of underwhelming considering how excited I was. Still impressive though. I took ages going around, looking at every little detail. It was fascinating, but like I said, a bit underwhelming and could have been more interactive. I dunno, there as just something missing.