00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

orafice13 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Garageband: Synth modding tips etc.

1,243 Views | 5 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Basically, I use garageband for all my songs, not least because its the only freeware i can get a decent sound out of, so if anyone has garage band and wants to get a decentish sound outta it, please just post whatever queries you have here.

Best be knowin, MoonBurn be postin'.

Download my EP for free RIGHT NOW

BBS Signature

Response to Garageband: Synth modding tips etc. 2009-02-21 21:06:25

How do you automate synth modulations? How do you load up more than two effects at a time? Track mastering: possible?

quarl BandCamp

Response to Garageband: Synth modding tips etc. 2009-02-22 06:17:30

At 2/21/09 09:06 PM, Quarl wrote: How do you automate synth modulations? How do you load up more than two effects at a time? Track mastering: possible?

While the synth is selected, press a, this will open the automation thingy. on the left the volume automation is selected. click on that and go down to 'add automatiion'.

What do you mean 'load up' more than two effects? You can apply multiple effects on any track.
Mastering is possible: there is a master track. In the menu click Track:Show master track, or just apple-B.

BBS Signature

Response to Garageband: Synth modding tips etc. 2009-02-22 07:57:19

At 2/21/09 09:06 PM, Quarl wrote: How do you automate synth modulations? How do you load up more than two effects at a time? Track mastering: possible?

You can automate, as the other poster said. It will allow you to add various automations for each and every effect you dd on the track.

Garageband '08 allows you to have EQ'ing, compression, echo, and reverb, along with 4 additional track-specific effects, and one master effect, along with master track EQ'ing, compression, reverb, delay, and ducking.

BBS Signature

Response to Garageband: Synth modding tips etc. 2009-02-22 08:28:00

At 2/21/09 04:37 PM, AKACCMIOF wrote: Basically, I use garageband for all my songs, not least because its the only freeware i can get a decent sound out of, so if anyone has garage band and wants to get a decentish sound outta it, please just post whatever queries you have here.

Where can you download it?

Response to Garageband: Synth modding tips etc. 2009-02-22 09:50:10

At 2/22/09 08:28 AM, pokemontrainer7 wrote:
At 2/21/09 04:37 PM, AKACCMIOF wrote: Basically, I use garageband for all my songs, not least because its the only freeware i can get a decent sound out of, so if anyone has garage band and wants to get a decentish sound outta it, please just post whatever queries you have here.
Where can you download it?

It comes with every apple computer. It is Mac ONLY software and can also be bought separately as part of the iLife software bundle on apple.com.

BBS Signature