New Topic Respond to this Topic
NEVR
NEVR
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Gamer
Response to Finding Newgrounds.com Feb. 21st, 2009 @ 09:45 AM Reply

I can't remember the first time that I went on this site, but I believe it was because my friend (who was already a member) linked me to something here for me to watch. I probably found it amusing, as I kept coming here and made an account after a while... and, nearly 4 years later, I'm still here.

BBS Signature
SoulMaster71
SoulMaster71
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Movie Buff
Response to Finding Newgrounds.com Feb. 21st, 2009 @ 09:52 AM Reply

Well, when I was 12, a friend of mine used to come on here during shop class and watch Foamy cartoons (hey, we were 15), so I came to watch some of them with him. After that semester ended I kinda forgot about NG, until October 2007. Then, on a search for Legend of Zelda hentai, I ended up finding this Flash game, and made an account then and there. And the rest... Is completely obscure history.

Ericho
Ericho
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Movie Buff
Response to Finding Newgrounds.com Feb. 21st, 2009 @ 10:36 AM Reply

I originally went to a website called Ugoplayer (formally Flash Player) and I wanted to go to the site that had the record for most games/animations. I noticed the "Newgrounds" logo on some of the flashes there, and the rest is history.

You know the world's gone crazy when the best rapper's a white guy and the best golfer's a black guy - Chris Rock

SupraAddict
SupraAddict
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Blank Slate
Response to Finding Newgrounds.com Feb. 21st, 2009 @ 11:22 PM Reply

At 2/21/09 10:36 AM, Ericho wrote: I originally went to a website called Ugoplayer (formally Flash Player) and I wanted to go to the site that had the record for most games/animations. I noticed the "Newgrounds" logo on some of the flashes there, and the rest is history.

So, did you ever find out if it was actually newgrounds that holds the record for the most games/animations? If this is so, then how did you find out?

French tanks have six gears, 5 reverse, and one forward in case they are ever attacked from behind

BBS Signature
hhcash
hhcash
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Finding Newgrounds.com Feb. 21st, 2009 @ 11:25 PM Reply

My friend showed me back '03.

i was like fucking 8

eh.

BBS Signature
Wonderful
Wonderful
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Finding Newgrounds.com Feb. 21st, 2009 @ 11:26 PM Reply

This is a hard one. I've known about it since I was 9 or 10, and I honestly can't remember how I originally found it. I got into flash when I was 12 or so, so I started frequenting the portal looking for inspiration and such. I joined the Clock Crew in 2005, which more or less tied me into NG affairs. I've become less active at the CC and more active at NG since 2007/2008.

Posted from Linux. Distro may vary.

MonkeyV
MonkeyV
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Finding Newgrounds.com Feb. 21st, 2009 @ 11:27 PM Reply

Friends and I laughing our asses off over cartoons in the mature section at the age of 12.

BBS Signature
Sensationalism
Sensationalism
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Melancholy
Response to Finding Newgrounds.com Feb. 21st, 2009 @ 11:29 PM Reply

My cousin made me.

The sig that I'm wearin? Awesomely made by Skaren!
Also, I like annoying Americans by calling English football "real football" and American football "rugby".-Lost-Chances

BBS Signature
ecwrulesbad
ecwrulesbad
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Gamer
Response to Finding Newgrounds.com Feb. 21st, 2009 @ 11:33 PM Reply

I found this website when I was 8. My brother told me the link because of a cool Ragnarok Flash which I saw in this website. I haven't been here when I was 9-11, but now I'm back and won't leave this site.

My unenlightened soul may hold its grudge forever. Long live Rock music!

BBS Signature
Kunera
Kunera
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Gamer
Response to Finding Newgrounds.com Feb. 21st, 2009 @ 11:38 PM Reply

I think I was looking up Zelda parodies at the time.

Hey guys, you should totally check out my YouTube channel.
Also, dat Steam

BBS Signature
LTmatt
LTmatt
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Finding Newgrounds.com Feb. 21st, 2009 @ 11:59 PM Reply

At 2/21/09 08:51 AM, KartoTolmex wrote: I think it was when I was in my "play flash games" era that I found NG.

My original sign-up was early '06, but I left for a while.

Then obviously I created a new account and returned.

I'm sure you were missed.

BBS Signature
DrHood
DrHood
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 51
Blank Slate
Response to Finding Newgrounds.com Feb. 22nd, 2009 @ 12:31 AM Reply

A friend in high school recommended some funny flash videos. I lurked for a few months, and then signed up.

I also fell in love with this flash.

The rest is history.

Ignore this signature.

BBS Signature
ngfan14
ngfan14
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to Finding Newgrounds.com Feb. 22nd, 2009 @ 12:33 AM Reply

At 2/21/09 12:29 AM, RKThrilla wrote: I found newgrounds looking for stick fights as many people do when they are 12/13 :3

lol.

I found Newgrounds by searching for the Impossible Quiz. I still love that game.

Last.FM | I like comments. :3 | Awesome sig made by Life-Stream

BBS Signature
Drake
Drake
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Audiophile
Response to Finding Newgrounds.com Feb. 22nd, 2009 @ 12:47 AM Reply

I forgot, I seriously forgot. But I signed up three years later for the audio.

ceb @ twitter | Jerkcity, est. 1998 | Tateos is a cool guy.

BBS Signature
mrwinneranimator
mrwinneranimator
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Finding Newgrounds.com Feb. 22nd, 2009 @ 12:57 AM Reply

Albino Black sheep led me to this site. Wich reminds me I havent visited that page in years :D

MegaMelmo
MegaMelmo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Finding Newgrounds.com Feb. 22nd, 2009 @ 01:02 AM Reply

At 2/21/09 12:34 AM, Digital-Terror wrote: I started with AlbinoBlackSheep, which ultimately led to to Newgrounds. I didn't post on the BBS for years, though.

Something similar happened to me. My friend and I started screwing around with flash, went on AlbinoBlackSheep and then eventually were led to NG around '03. I started an older account in '07, wanted to change my name, and started this a year later. So, I've been going to NG for about 6 years. I like this thread :D.

Dragonberry
Dragonberry
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to Finding Newgrounds.com Feb. 22nd, 2009 @ 01:03 AM Reply

I found Newgrounds when I searched for All Your Base back in '04.

MysticMan
MysticMan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Finding Newgrounds.com Feb. 22nd, 2009 @ 01:35 AM Reply

6 years ago when i was 11, All my friends at school would be looking up stick fights. Or playing shooter games during our computer lab time.

6 years already?, Holy shit...

Anyways. None of my friends ever told me what the website was called, And everytime someone would show me. the teacher would always catch me, after finally writing down the URL because i wanted to play games at home with no hassle. I started browsing the forums, playing games, and whatching movies.

Alas. I am here.

Ericho
Ericho
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Movie Buff
Response to Finding Newgrounds.com Feb. 22nd, 2009 @ 05:51 PM Reply

At 2/21/09 11:22 PM, SupraAddict wrote:
At 2/21/09 10:36 AM, Ericho wrote: I originally went to a website called Ugoplayer (formally Flash Player) and I wanted to go to the site that had the record for most games/animations. I noticed the "Newgrounds" logo on some of the flashes there, and the rest is history.
So, did you ever find out if it was actually newgrounds that holds the record for the most games/animations? If this is so, then how did you find out?

Well....I haven't found a single website that surpasses it. Can anyone let me know if there is one?

You know the world's gone crazy when the best rapper's a white guy and the best golfer's a black guy - Chris Rock

SupraAddict
SupraAddict
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Blank Slate
Response to Finding Newgrounds.com Feb. 22nd, 2009 @ 06:05 PM Reply

At 2/22/09 05:51 PM, Ericho wrote:
At 2/21/09 11:22 PM, SupraAddict wrote:
At 2/21/09 10:36 AM, Ericho wrote:
Well....I haven't found a single website that surpasses it. Can anyone let me know if there is one?

Now why would we do that, when all you need is love....from newgrounds, and Poozy. Newgrounds is a great website, despite its minor flaws which will not be addressed unless the need arises. It has a great way of making local/private flash artists into legends, and it gives many a place to hang out.

French tanks have six gears, 5 reverse, and one forward in case they are ever attacked from behind

BBS Signature
Ericho
Ericho
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Movie Buff
Response to Finding Newgrounds.com Feb. 23rd, 2009 @ 05:55 PM Reply

At 2/22/09 06:05 PM, SupraAddict wrote: Now why would we do that, when all you need is love....from newgrounds, and Poozy. Newgrounds is a great website, despite its minor flaws which will not be addressed unless the need arises. It has a great way of making local/private flash artists into legends, and it gives many a place to hang out.

It also has some of the best forums I've seen. Really, you can just come here and let all your emotions out. Thanks, guys! Do websites like YouTube even have forums?

ChickenGod
ChickenGod
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Finding Newgrounds.com Feb. 23rd, 2009 @ 05:58 PM Reply

Same here, Madness pretty much got me here, but Then I forgot why I made an account (much older account than this)

jakabite
jakabite
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Finding Newgrounds.com Feb. 23rd, 2009 @ 06:27 PM Reply

I was just looking for somewhere to watch/showcase Flash.