New Topic Respond to this Topic
chrisG755
chrisG755
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Military Crew Aug. 10th, 2009 @ 11:21 AM Reply

gggrrrhh you better not beat the number of pages in the AOE crew post again.

Is this only for the American Forces, or is England included?

Call of Duty Modern Warfare Clan | Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2

BBS Signature
AJ
AJ
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Movie Buff
Response to Military Crew Aug. 10th, 2009 @ 11:24 AM Reply

I'm pretty sure it's every nationality. There's a few Australians and Canadians that post here, but I THINK you're the first from the UK. Are you potential military or already in?

chrisG755
chrisG755
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Military Crew Aug. 10th, 2009 @ 03:03 PM Reply

haha i play Call of duty, but nahh, if i cant be part id just like to learn some stuff from your Military Veteran, id one day, maby like to join the R.A.F, but i dunno.

BBS Signature
TracyJackson
TracyJackson
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Military Crew Aug. 10th, 2009 @ 08:04 PM Reply

haha...the RAF was renown as the #2 air force in the world, next to the USAF...the only reason we have the best air force is because of our size and aircraft number...but all in all, the RAF was the best in term of skills and wars fought...

Chris F.- Varsity Football Captain, Starting QB, #11
CHS Rangers- (6-1) 17th in State
All-Regional Offensive MVP (2), District Player of the Year (1), 2 State Championshps

SpiffyMasta
SpiffyMasta
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Melancholy
Response to Military Crew Aug. 10th, 2009 @ 10:50 PM Reply

At 8/10/09 10:11 PM, Grubby wrote: Is being an Air Force medic or Navy Corpsman better?

If you want real action, go Navy Corpsman. They are attached to Marines, cause we don't have our own medics. I have the utmost respect for Corpsmen, those guys will save your life and know how to do it any day of the week, under fire. It takes a special kind of person to be a combat medic altogether either way. They see shit you wouldn't believe and they get to fix it.

TracyJackson
TracyJackson
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Military Crew Aug. 11th, 2009 @ 02:02 AM Reply

Being an Army medic is better in term of action...there are over 1,000 Army medics in active duty all over the world, with 600+ in combat duty...the medics over there in the Army are pretty hardcore...I personally know a medic in Iraq who've saw more than 30+ people died in his hands...

it take a special kind of guts and courage to be a medic for any armed forces...I contemplated being a medic when I was deciding to join, but took a 2nd thought about it...Navy officer is great, you get to control people and oversee a great weapon of power

All-Regional Offensive MVP (2), District Player of the Year (1), 2 State Championshps

chrisG755
chrisG755
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Military Crew Aug. 11th, 2009 @ 04:54 AM Reply

At 8/10/09 08:04 PM, TracyJackson wrote: haha...the RAF was renown as the #2 air force in the world, next to the USAF...the only reason we have the best air force is because of our size and aircraft number...but all in all, the RAF was the best in term of skills and wars fought...

Definitely, but I'm not gonna plod along into the US and want to join your Air force.

i like the British way, but even if i wasn't involved in a War, or reconnaissance, whatever they do, then it would be awesome to Join the Red Arrows, obviously you have to have amazing skill but you know, i can Dream.

BBS Signature
TracyJackson
TracyJackson
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Military Crew Aug. 11th, 2009 @ 06:51 AM Reply

I will be heading to Somalia tomorrow, so I will only be on a few times. The US have launched a major campaign to eradicate the pirates there. Myself and 4 other USN ships will be heading there to meet up with an international group of 15 ships to push onto the pirates' base off the nation's coast. I will be taking operational control of the carrier, as the Captain is heading back to the states.

I'm kind of pumped up for my 1st ever command of a major ship.

Peace out, Lt. Chris Fuller , USS Reagan Op. Officer

chrisG755
chrisG755
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Military Crew Aug. 11th, 2009 @ 09:19 AM Reply

I'm kind of pumped up for my 1st ever command of a major ship.

Peace out, Lt. Chris Fuller , USS Reagan Op. Officer

Chris Fuller.. what a funny name...

What kind of things do you get up to on those types of trips?

-Chris Futter.

BBS Signature
TracyJackson
TracyJackson
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Military Crew Aug. 11th, 2009 @ 10:32 AM Reply

like, what do you mean?

chrisG755
chrisG755
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Military Crew Aug. 11th, 2009 @ 01:12 PM Reply

What do you get up to on the Ship you are commanding on?

BBS Signature
TehreTard
TehreTard
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Blank Slate
Response to Military Crew Aug. 11th, 2009 @ 02:20 PM Reply

At 8/11/09 02:02 AM, TracyJackson wrote: I personally know a medic in Iraq who've saw more than 30+ people died in his hands...

Because he couldn't do his job properly?

I'd rather trust my life on that Corpsman in that case.

BBS Signature
AJ
AJ
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Movie Buff
Response to Military Crew Aug. 11th, 2009 @ 03:54 PM Reply

At 8/11/09 02:20 PM, TehreTard wrote: Because he couldn't do his job properly?

I'd rather trust my life on that Corpsman in that case.

That was a bad analogy. The medics in my company were bad ass. They would take pieces of people and put them back together. And that shit gets hard on a day to day basis. I've got nothing but respect for those dudes. Hike around on the mountains of Afghanistan with all your gear, then the bullets start flying and you gotta pick up a wounded person and take their ass to cover, which can be a LONG ways away sometimes. Then still manage to patch them up. My company hasn't lost a single soldier in Afghanistan thus far.

Eman110
Eman110
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Military Crew Aug. 11th, 2009 @ 11:36 PM Reply

Hey, its me, that annoying kid, back to ask another question.

To those of you in the US Army, what training and how much of it did you have in the gas chamber?

WTF

AJ
AJ
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Movie Buff
Response to Military Crew Aug. 11th, 2009 @ 11:52 PM Reply

At 8/11/09 11:36 PM, Eman110 wrote: Hey, its me, that annoying kid, back to ask another question.

To those of you in the US Army, what training and how much of it did you have in the gas chamber?

About a week or two into basic training you'll have chamber day. You'll walk inside the gas chamber (which is just a concrete room with drill sergeants cooking the CS on a bunsen burner) holding your breath, and while inside, you have to put on your gas mask. This is just to make sure you have learned how to properly put on the gas mask when the area is contaminated. It's pretty easy to do, but it's not something you want to mess up, otherwise you're gonna be sucking the whole time you're in the chamber. Your gas mask will filter the air from the outside, but if you've got CS INSIDE your gas mask since you didn't clear it all out when you put it on, then you're still gonna be breathing it in. Then they make everyone take off their masks and stand there for a a minute or two, just to show you the gas mask really is working. On to what i'm sure is the main thing you're wondering about.

It sucks, but it's not terrible. It makes your skin itchy a little bit, but not really enough to care about. The main thing that fucks you over is breathing it in. It makes the insides of your lungs itch like a mother fucker and within a minute, you'll have more snot coming out of your nose, and more drool running out of your mouth than you ever thought possible. The main thing that fucked everyone was holding their breath for so long after they took off their mask, that they had to take huge breaths of air to catch their breath, taking in a lot of CS really quickly. Those are the guys that really got it bad. What you want to do is hold your breath for as long as you can comfortably do, then take small, slow breaths. It doesn't hurt unless you take a deep breath and get it way back inside your lungs. Just try and stay calm, but it still isn't gonna be pleasant. Within a minute of getting out you'll be busting up laughing at how much snot is all over you, so it's not like misery. I'd do it again.

Eman110
Eman110
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Military Crew Aug. 12th, 2009 @ 12:11 AM Reply

Within a minute of getting out you'll be busting up laughing at how much snot is all over you, so it's not like misery. I'd do it again.

Awesome, thanks for the quick reply!

WTF

AJ
AJ
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Movie Buff
Response to Military Crew Aug. 12th, 2009 @ 12:26 AM Reply

you're welcome. you'll be glad you did it once it's all said and done. it's definitely an experience. haha.

Eman110
Eman110
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Military Crew Aug. 12th, 2009 @ 12:33 AM Reply

Yep, it'll defiantly be something i'll remember. :)

WTF

TehreTard
TehreTard
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Blank Slate
Response to Military Crew Aug. 12th, 2009 @ 04:52 PM Reply

At 8/11/09 03:54 PM, michelinman wrote:
That was a bad analogy. . Hike around on the mountains of Afghanistan with all your gear, then the bullets start flying and you gotta pick up a wounded person and take their ass to cover, which can be a LONG ways away sometimes. Then still manage to patch them up. My company hasn't lost a single soldier in Afghanistan thus far.

I'm disgusted with myself. My sincerest apologies, I wasn't trying to be a smartass that time.

BBS Signature
AJ
AJ
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Movie Buff
Response to Military Crew Aug. 12th, 2009 @ 07:59 PM Reply

At 8/12/09 04:52 PM, TehreTard wrote: I'm disgusted with myself. My sincerest apologies, I wasn't trying to be a smartass that time.

Nah don't worry about it. Nobody in my unit really takes shit like that to heart. You can't really know what those guys do, and they don't really care if you do or not, because it's not about you. It's just about looking out for their guys. Don't take that the wrong way, I'm just saying that all our medics were just these real mellow laidback guys who did their jobs and that was it. No bitching, No ego. They're a rare breed.

B4gle
B4gle
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Military Crew Aug. 13th, 2009 @ 08:59 AM Reply

At 8/12/09 12:26 AM, michelinman wrote: you're welcome. you'll be glad you did it once it's all said and done. it's definitely an experience. haha.

I looked up a youtube video after I read your post, is this what it was like?

You have to draw the line of determination from desperation. What is truly yours would eventually be yours, and what is not, no matter how hard you try, will never be.

BBS Signature
Tony-DarkGrave
Tony-DarkGrave
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 43
Programmer
Response to Military Crew Aug. 15th, 2009 @ 12:39 AM Reply

i cant wait I just want to know how long my basic training plus AIT training is.

AJ
AJ
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Movie Buff
Response to Military Crew Aug. 15th, 2009 @ 05:37 AM Reply

At 8/13/09 08:59 AM, B4gle wrote: I looked up a youtube video after I read your post, is this what it was like?

Yeah, minus the gay chanting and shit at the start. Haha. Our basic training wasn't really into gay cadences and unit pride and stuff.

Eman110
Eman110
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Military Crew Aug. 15th, 2009 @ 01:04 PM Reply

Hey, would any of you guys be interested in a Gun Club if I started one?

WTF

Assaeva
Assaeva
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Audiophile
Response to Military Crew Aug. 15th, 2009 @ 06:38 PM Reply

At 8/15/09 01:04 PM, Eman110 wrote: Hey, would any of you guys be interested in a Gun Club if I started one?

No. Post in that one.

I usually just lurk in here, but I felt compelled to post.

GT - mousseNG | Steam - mousseng

BBS Signature
Peregrinus
Peregrinus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Blank Slate
Response to Military Crew Aug. 17th, 2009 @ 07:31 PM Reply

At 8/17/09 07:09 PM, Grubby wrote: Are chances of surviving a deployment pretty high as long as you take cover? Were you guys ever afraid of RPG's and IED's?

Canada has a fairly low casualty rate. Our vehicles do fairly well (so far) against most IED's and RPG's.

BBS Signature
NotLilMicheal
NotLilMicheal
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Military Crew Aug. 18th, 2009 @ 12:31 AM Reply

If you go to West point can you decide to stay enlisted instead of being an officer?

The pigeon lied to me.

AJ
AJ
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Movie Buff
Response to Military Crew Aug. 18th, 2009 @ 12:55 AM Reply

At 8/18/09 12:31 AM, NotLilMicheal wrote: If you go to West point can you decide to stay enlisted instead of being an officer?

Not if you go to west point as ROTC. If you can go to west point as just a college student, and then enlist afterwards, then yes you can. You'll only come in as an e-4 though. Your best bet after doing all the work to get through west point is to just become an officer. The pay and benefits are way better. You get to live off base when we all live in the barracks.

NotLilMicheal
NotLilMicheal
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Military Crew Aug. 18th, 2009 @ 01:04 AM Reply

Ya I know its easier to stay an officer.But, I want to stay an enlisted and I know for sure I can get accepted.I just wanted to not let my last 4 years have gone to waste cause I swear to god I didn't have any fun doing all that crap.From foreign language to honors it was hell and I want to go to the best college.So any alternatives?

The pigeon lied to me.

AJ
AJ
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Movie Buff
Response to Military Crew Aug. 18th, 2009 @ 02:14 AM Reply

At 8/18/09 01:04 AM, NotLilMicheal wrote: Ya I know its easier to stay an officer.But, I want to stay an enlisted and I know for sure I can get accepted.I just wanted to not let my last 4 years have gone to waste cause I swear to god I didn't have any fun doing all that crap.From foreign language to honors it was hell and I want to go to the best college.So any alternatives?

You can join the army with a 4 year college degree and come in as an E-4. I REALLY wouldn't recommend it though man. 4 years of sucking, and all you get is an 18 month head start on everyone else, as that's about how long it takes someone to get promoted to E-4 fresh out of high school. If you want to go enlisted for sure, then I'd say skip out on college for now, enlist right out of high school, and then use your GI bill later to pay for your college when you get out, or you can try and squeeze in online classes while you're in. College really doesn't help you out too much on the enlisted side.