TomFulp
TomFulp
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Staff
Level 14
Game Developer
New Collections! Jul. 18th, 2001 @ 11:49 AM Reply

If anyone has been paying attention, our Video Game Parodies section has been pumped up quite a bit! We now have independent collections for Mario, Final Fantasy and many others! Mega Man will probably be the next specific collection.

We also made a collection for the Mikey Incident... Sorry about that one.

This is crazy - I originally made "collections" because we had so much content to categorize. Now I have so many collections that I have to give them categories as well! I might make a general "people" collection, and move the Britney Spears, Eminem and other collections in there.

Do people even notice that we have these collections? They are linked to from a sidebar menu in the Features section. I need to give them their own main page, though. So much content, so little time! It's tough to organize this stuff!

The day of Disorderly is very soon!

This is the game JohnnyUtah and I have been working on.

BBS Signature
Razoric
Razoric
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Game Developer
Response to New Collections! Jul. 18th, 2001 @ 12:21 PM Reply

If anyone has been paying attention, our Video Game Parodies section has been pumped up quite a bit! We now have independent collections for Mario, Final Fantasy and many others! Mega Man will probably be the next specific collection.

This is crazy - I originally made "collections" because we had so much content to categorize. Now I have so many collections that I have to give them categories as well! I might make a general "people" collection, and move the Britney Spears, Eminem and other collections in there.

Do people even notice that we have these collections? They are linked to from a sidebar menu in the Features section. I need to give them their own main page, though. So much content, so little time! It's tough to organize this stuff!

I always look through the features sections. That's the best way to find good Flash that doesn't happen to be in the Top 50.

Can't wait for disorderly either.. that should kick ass.

later

MEGAginge
MEGAginge
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Blank Slate
Response to New Collections! Jul. 18th, 2001 @ 12:40 PM Reply

At 7/18/01 11:49 AM, TomFulp wrote: The day of Disorderly is very soon!

Can't wait I know it's gonna be the shit!!

EvilGeishaWoman
EvilGeishaWoman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to New Collections! Jul. 18th, 2001 @ 01:30 PM Reply

At 7/18/01 11:49 AM, TomFulp wrote:

The collections are great, Tom. I noticed that BBS regulars, such as myself, are making movies and games about eachother (excluding myself because I do not have FLASH, but there are 1 or 2 movies starring me.) Why not have a NG BSS Collection? NihilistDom is working on a great game featuring all the BBS regulars: Traekwon, Eggatron, me, D-Fenz, and the others. I think it would be cool!

Do people even notice that we have these collections?

How could they not? The list is right on the front page of NG

YAY!!! Zeebarf is the man! I can't wait.

New Collections!

NastyMan069
NastyMan069
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to New Collections! Jul. 18th, 2001 @ 01:40 PM Reply

-Yeah, at least I noticed them. The collections are sweet!

New Collections!

Daedo-The-Mofo
Daedo-The-Mofo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to New Collections! Jul. 18th, 2001 @ 02:29 PM Reply

Disorderly.... so close... so badass!

Yeah, I noticed how many collections there are actually wa snow, and I'm gonna be spending alot of time trawling through them for good entries.

EvilWallPaper
EvilWallPaper
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to New Collections! Jul. 18th, 2001 @ 03:06 PM Reply

Yeah you cant miss them and i like the way youve put the buttons on the movie launch page to the collection the movie is a part of.

I think you should have more collections , collecting some of the regular movie series that are submited to the portal like Eskimo Bob (beacause most of those only get viewed when a new episode enters the portal)

AT LAST !!!!!

New Collections!

GiR
GiR
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to New Collections! Jul. 18th, 2001 @ 03:17 PM Reply

At 7/18/01 11:49 AM, TomFulp wrote: If anyone has been paying attention, our Video Game Parodies section has been pumped up quite a bit! We now have independent collections for Mario, Final Fantasy and many others! Mega Man will probably be the next specific collection.

New Collections!

GiR
GiR
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to New Collections! Jul. 18th, 2001 @ 03:21 PM Reply

At 7/18/01 11:49 AM, TomFulp wrote: If anyone has been paying attention, our Video Game Parodies section has been pumped up quite a bit! We now have independent collections for Mario, Final Fantasy and many others! Mega Man will probably be the next specific collection.

I noticed!

Couldn't find it.. :( *depression*

I do I do!

Yay!! Sorry every one about the double post.. the computer I am using sucks...

Tom, you rule you rule you rule!

-GiR "The Psychotic bitch who will hates tripod for taking her website off the air"

PS: Tom, when I get my site back up (I linked it to a message board for now) will you take a look at it and tell me how I can make it better?

*Piccie in post above*

baflash
baflash
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to New Collections! Jul. 18th, 2001 @ 03:39 PM Reply

Hey Tom, can you add Get AJ Drunk to the BSB collection...http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/frames.php?id=24196

ProwL
ProwL
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to New Collections! Jul. 18th, 2001 @ 04:11 PM Reply

Yea tom you should start on sub-categorizing the features section. Ideas for series on the portal having there own section is a great idea, but eventually that small sidebar on the features page will build up and get too big to find what you want. Making it into sections so you could easly find stuff would be a lot easier. Later

Blackmagic
Blackmagic
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Blank Slate
Response to New Collections! Jul. 18th, 2001 @ 04:22 PM Reply

I love the collections.
I'm always looking through them.

**Blackmagic**

New Collections!

Newgrounds is a website for 13 year olds who cannot understand the difference between "there", "their" and "they´re".

Cerberust
Cerberust
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to New Collections! Jul. 18th, 2001 @ 06:17 PM Reply

maybe try updating the alphas, the games section and the toons section, brutality hostage situation 2 etc are still there and there hasnt been a new movie in the alphas since zero wing, move the already submited ones to an archive section. the games section is also collecting dust, sess has been the featured artist since i signed up, and you could feature some new games in the different sections. as for tunes, theres plenty of new stuff for eachof those sections, give a movie besides final task a spot under serious animation. THAT concludes my rant, heheh thanks.

New Collections!

mrbawn
mrbawn
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to New Collections! Jul. 18th, 2001 @ 11:39 PM Reply

I'm not sure Britney and Eminem qualify as people.

TomFulp
TomFulp
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Staff
Level 14
Game Developer
Response to New Collections! Jul. 19th, 2001 @ 12:22 AM Reply

At 7/18/01 03:06 PM, EvilWallPaper wrote: I think you should have more collections , collecting some of the regular movie series that are submited to the portal like Eskimo Bob (beacause most of those only get viewed when a new episode enters the portal)

Hehehe... Good timing - I just launched an Eskimo Bob collection tonight! It is part of the new "SERIES" section in FEATURES! The entire FEATURES section will continue to be overhauled over the coming days.

-Tom

This is the game JohnnyUtah and I have been working on.

BBS Signature
eggatron
eggatron
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Blank Slate
Response to New Collections! Jul. 19th, 2001 @ 01:13 AM Reply

At 7/18/01 01:30 PM, EvilGeishaWoman wrote:

NihilistDom is working on a great game featuring all the BBS regulars: Traekwon, Eggatron, me, D-Fenz, and the others. I think it would be cool!

A BBS user section would be cool from my point of view and the other users, but non-BBS peeps would probably dislike it (the cunts). WOW, me in a game that I haven't made, shocking. I like that :)

New Collections!

BBS Signature
EvilWallPaper
EvilWallPaper
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to New Collections! Jul. 19th, 2001 @ 01:39 PM Reply

Hehehe... Good timing - I just launched an Eskimo Bob collection tonight! It is part of the new "SERIES" section in FEATURES! The entire FEATURES section will continue to be overhauled over the coming days.

-Tom

cool i only mentioned it cos i noticed you had a features page for the stick slayer series

New Collections!

Happy-DeViL
Happy-DeViL
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to New Collections! Jul. 19th, 2001 @ 01:58 PM Reply

Well...I think itz a good idea putting them on the front page!...O ya btw anyone know how to enable those fucking cookies!!!...I FUCKING CANT FIND THEM!!!...C ya

EvilWallPaper
EvilWallPaper
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to New Collections! Jul. 19th, 2001 @ 06:12 PM Reply

At 7/19/01 01:58 PM, Happy_DeViL wrote: Well...I think itz a good idea putting them on the front page!...O ya btw anyone know how to enable those fucking cookies!!!...I FUCKING CANT FIND THEM!!!...C ya

er which cookies ?

capn-g
capn-g
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 39
Blank Slate
Response to New Collections! Jul. 19th, 2001 @ 07:35 PM Reply

Disorderly? BOO YAH! I've been dreaming of seeing that since it first appeared in the ALPHAs. Speaking of which, are you NG guys ever gonna clean that thing up? I mean, alot of that stuffs up now. It's difficult to tell what's new and what's ancient.

Ben-Spurgin
Ben-Spurgin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to New Collections! Jul. 19th, 2001 @ 09:24 PM Reply

Wowswers!! The Stick Slayer collection looks killer! You guys make me feel so special! Tell you what, I'll remember you when I get famous if you rememebr me when you get RICH and famous, how's that? :)

Thanks a lot you guys rule!

Ben-Spurgin
Ben-Spurgin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to New Collections! Jul. 19th, 2001 @ 09:29 PM Reply

Heaven forbid Stick Slayer gets a collection and Eskimo Barf doesn't!
Grr I hate that guy

New Collections!

m0rc
m0rc
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to New Collections! Jul. 19th, 2001 @ 10:26 PM Reply

Cool its about time there were some more

New Collections!

puss-in-boots
puss-in-boots
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to New Collections! Jul. 19th, 2001 @ 11:00 PM Reply

tom u r one sexy bitch ;)

flank-hoss
flank-hoss
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to New Collections! Jul. 19th, 2001 @ 11:50 PM Reply

I love the funny shit at newgroudns. DID anyone do any jackass parodies?

Sirkowski
Sirkowski
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to New Collections! Jul. 20th, 2001 @ 12:46 AM Reply

I was checking the reviews for my movies and then I saw a little Miss.Dynamite icon.
Clicked on it...

WOW! Miss.Dynamite is featured in the series (just next to Eskimo Bob, woohoo!).

Thanks Tom, I'll have to put more NG banners on my site ^_^

NG-Chick-2002
NG-Chick-2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to New Collections! Jul. 21st, 2001 @ 11:16 AM Reply

I'm glad that NG has more to offer than most of the websites that I have registered at just for the hell of it. I think that people are happy at the results of NG's new collections.

MI4-REAL-2001
MI4-REAL-2001
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Gamer
Response to New Collections! Nov. 9th, 2001 @ 01:46 AM Reply

At 7/18/01 11:39 PM, mrbawn wrote: I'm not sure Britney and Eminem qualify as people.

Britney definitely does, but Eminem could use a lot of anger management classes.

DUDE4U
DUDE4U
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 39
Blank Slate
Response to New Collections! Nov. 12th, 2001 @ 09:52 PM Reply

At 11/9/01 01:46 AM, MI4_REAL_2001 wrote:
At 7/18/01 11:39 PM, mrbawn wrote: I'm not sure Britney and Eminem qualify as people.
Britney definitely does, but Eminem could use a lot of anger management classes.

Well Britney's a slut but she's hot as hell so she qualify's. Eminem is pretty quiet at home but he speaks his mind in his music. so he qualify's too.

MI4-REAL-2001
MI4-REAL-2001
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Gamer
Response to New Collections! Nov. 13th, 2001 @ 02:31 AM Reply

At 11/12/01 09:52 PM, DUDE4U wrote:
At 11/9/01 01:46 AM, MI4_REAL_2001 wrote:
Well Britney's a slut but she's hot as hell so she qualify's. Eminem is pretty quiet at home but he speaks his mind in his music. so he qualify's too.

Yeah, but every lyric makes him sound like he is gonna kill someone.