TomFulp
TomFulp
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Staff
Level 14
Game Developer
Nap-Man & Community News! 2001-02-23 18:40:41 Reply

Hey! NEW GAME!!! Ok, old game with new art. :)

Check out Nap-man, the second joint project by Matthew S Burns (of Captain Low-Rez fame) and myself! Rezo Largul is also back doing music!

Matthew had the great idea, and we figure that with all this Napster talk going around, a Napster game will have that cool "viral effect" where everyone tells their friends about it. Well, prove us right and send it to all your friends!

Speaking of which... When will "viral" become uncool? I mean, it is always pretty obvious when something is made to be viral, so at what point will people acknowledge that it is lame to manufacture viralness and STOP telling their friends about stuff like this? But don't listen to me - send it to your friends!

If you haven't already, read the stuff below about NGMag. I want to put together a staff of writers, so if you write well (not "right good"), you might qualify! Simply write something about Newgrounds or web entertainment in general, and send it to me!

Take a look at the new Community News section, especially this article about the recent Dale Earnhardt Flash controversy. It's a hoot!

Hey, remember this cartoon? Haw!

This is the game JohnnyUtah and I have been working on.

BBS Signature
RedSnapper74
RedSnapper74
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Nap-Man & Community News! 2001-02-23 19:21:40 Reply

Tom, NGmag is awesome, its just plain fun and i don't know why. Im not trying to be mean or anything, but i don't like nap-man, even though the backround music is really really cool. Speaking of pac-man parodies, what happened to the FDA one? it dissapeared. About the dale earndhart thing, im not a fan of nascar, but that is such a mean movie and something (in my opinon) should be done about it. He even admitted to re-posting the movie if it gets deleted which is a no no.

Anyway, I like pineapple, what about you?

BBS Signature
RedSnapper74
RedSnapper74
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Nap-Man & Community News! 2001-02-23 19:22:52 Reply

By the way, i got more goldd than you! wow i feel nice

BBS Signature
MrPrez
MrPrez
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Nap-Man & Community News! 2001-02-23 19:42:52 Reply

it's very nice, and a great way to make fun with this napster-stuff goin' on, but the movement of napman is sometimes a little hard to handle
i mean, sometimes not able to move, get stuck in corners) mp3's that don't get eaten (usualy the ones in the corners)
but it's very amusing :)

redfxdotnet
redfxdotnet
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Nap-Man & Community News! 2001-02-23 19:46:21 Reply

Great article on the Dale Earnhardt Flash! And NG Staff and resident bastard WADE! left it up there : ) lol. Good work Wade, and thanks for using my drawing of him Tom, he looks good! ;)

On a more serious note, the community news section of the mag looks really interesting, plus it'll keep people on the site and they won't be killing so much bandwidth, AND this actually forces me to do some reading! The first two articles were excellent. Nice work guys!

discoduck75
discoduck75
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Nap-Man & Community News! 2001-02-23 21:49:58 Reply

tom your journalistic skills suck..... stop trying... either take some classes or get your dipshit brother to give his patented blow job to a local "real" journalist.

At 2/23/01 06:40 PM, TomFulp wrote: Hey! NEW GAME!!! Ok, old game with new art. :)

Check out Nap-man, the second joint project by Matthew S Burns (of Captain Low-Rez fame) and myself! Rezo Largul is also back doing music!

Matthew had the great idea, and we figure that with all this Napster talk going around, a Napster game will have that cool "viral effect" where everyone tells their friends about it. Well, prove us right and send it to all your friends!

Speaking of which... When will "viral" become uncool? I mean, it is always pretty obvious when something is made to be viral, so at what point will people acknowledge that it is lame to manufacture viralness and STOP telling their friends about stuff like this? But don't listen to me - send it to your friends!

If you haven't already, read the stuff below about NGMag. I want to put together a staff of writers, so if you write well (not "right good"), you might qualify! Simply write something about Newgrounds or web entertainment in general, and send it to me!

Take a look at the new Community News section, especially this article about the recent Dale Earnhardt Flash controversy. It's a hoot!

m-devincenzi
m-devincenzi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Nap-Man & Community News! 2001-02-23 22:39:16 Reply

Where did you get the pacman.fla?

Nap-Man & Community News!

EvilGeishaWoman
EvilGeishaWoman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Nap-Man & Community News! 2001-02-23 22:46:41 Reply

At 2/23/01 06:40 PM, TomFulp wrote: Hey! NEW GAME!!! Ok, old game with new art. :)

How clever, Tom. I like the botched Napster logo :-)

I like this new BBS. Hey Tom, will the new NG Mag feature fan-art? I got lots of it!

AntiTanner
AntiTanner
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Blank Slate
Response to Nap-Man & Community News! 2001-02-24 04:29:07 Reply

napman was pretty sweet, i'm number 14! It ran really smooth and the music rawked. Good werk

FuzzyBunny
FuzzyBunny
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Nap-Man & Community News! 2001-02-24 06:49:34 Reply

That game really sucked. I was expecting something good like pico but it was just a plain pacman clone with different graphics and lots of bugs. If it was on the portal, I'd have given it a 2.

BAHArts
BAHArts
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Blank Slate
Response to Nap-Man & Community News! 2001-02-24 09:50:56 Reply

After reading Wade's review, I aggree to what he has said. After all, Brian Beaton made the "Tupac" movie and you still have that Tupac assassin.

MogRoith
MogRoith
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Nap-Man & Community News! 2001-02-24 10:14:31 Reply

YES! I got mentioned on NGMAG!

darkcheeze25
darkcheeze25
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Nap-Man & Community News! 2001-02-24 11:18:55 Reply

Tom, I would like to become a writer for your maggazine because frankly,I fell my talents are being wasted. So to entice you into selecting me for magg I have decided to write an overall summary of my what makes a good creator and good movie. As you can see allot of new stuff gets allot of bad ratings, but dont get me wrong, I think the critisism is always a good thing. But there are allot of people who just trash stuff not taking into account its there first movie. The only reson to "trash a movie" is to see what the basic plot is and the originallity. Those to me are the most important building blocks to making a great movie. But I appreciate to hard work and sacrafice that goes into these things. The only kind of bad movie is one without trial and error, and the only bad creator is one who cant take critisism. So in conclusion I see newgrounds as a good point for a tallented creator to go far. If you reach a desision e-mail me at darkcheeze25@excite.com

KaneOfNod
KaneOfNod
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Nap-Man & Community News! 2001-02-24 11:24:43 Reply

W00t.

Sommy
Sommy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Musician
Response to Nap-Man & Community News! 2001-02-24 11:33:02 Reply

QUALITY! I love it! I especially love the picture of Wade with the caption "Bastard"!

MechaDragon
MechaDragon
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Nap-Man & Community News! 2001-02-24 13:43:53 Reply

I think that the sole problem with the Dale Ernhard cartoon is it's timing. I would have thought this cartoon to be funny as shit had he not just died in the few days prior. Maybe if it would have been posted after the funeral.

Personally, I never liked Ernhard, but he was a part of my life regardless of how I liked it. Not a day goes by where someone was either praising or bitching about him to me. Everywhere I turn there is some redneck in a Camero with a big black cap and t-shirt, plus bumper stiker and liscence plate depicting the number 3.

By the way, NASCAR sucks donkey balls! F1 4Ever!!!

Strafe
Strafe
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Nap-Man & Community News! 2001-02-24 20:54:37 Reply

Well, Tom, Nap-Man is a very fun game, and a great concept, but the high-score system is screwed up. The first time I played, I posted my score, and it went up. However, each subsequent time I played, then posted, the score did not register (and I would have the #6 spot, as well). In fact, after looking through the list, it seems as if no one has multiple submissions. As I am sure that there have been many people playing this game more than once, there must be a glitch. Try it yourself, you're on the list. It is quite annoying to work hard getting a good score on a fun game, and then having it wiped out. Is there any way to somehow submit the lost games? Even if not, its a really sweet-ass game -- just fix it!

firepups
firepups
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Nap-Man & Community News! 2001-02-24 21:24:10 Reply

Great game I like it a lot

AlexRaiber
AlexRaiber
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Nap-Man & Community News! 2001-02-25 10:36:44 Reply

dude, i love newgrounds, but the movies: UFA, and samuria asshole, when r u gonna create the second parts? please, ive been waiting for over 3 years now, and i am getting pissed everyday more and more. Anyway, pleaseemail me the responce if you can at :
multifreek@aol.com
thanx

Videodrone
Videodrone
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Nap-Man & Community News! 2001-02-25 23:12:24 Reply

I'm really liking the NGMAG site. Keep up the good work

kampo
kampo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Nap-Man & Community News! 2001-02-26 09:22:23 Reply

Hahah Monster In my Closet was the greatest flash to hit NG!

Random-Kris
Random-Kris
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Nap-Man & Community News! 2001-02-26 11:35:51 Reply

Coolio

xvllvx
xvllvx
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Blank Slate
Response to Nap-Man & Community News! 2001-02-26 14:53:19 Reply

"Dale Earnhardt SUCKS" gets funnier and funnier every time I watch it. The update makes it 98.2% more offensive and 99.9% more fun to watch. Hahahahahahhahahahahhaah Wade Fulp Kicks Ass For Keeping it on the portal!

johncandyscorpse
johncandyscorpse
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Nap-Man & Community News! 2001-02-26 17:07:04 Reply

Iamdeathstrike
Iamdeathstrike
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Nap-Man & Community News! 2001-02-26 17:14:53 Reply

cool!

seepigrun
seepigrun
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Nap-Man & Community News! 2001-02-27 00:09:24 Reply

Ahh haha, I read the artical. I was laughing my ass off when I read the comments about Wade! Wade is the king, I agree totally with him ::giggling girlishly:: Dale Earndhart can personally... lick my ass, if he was still around.

xvllvx
xvllvx
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Blank Slate
Response to Nap-Man & Community News! 2001-02-27 00:53:46 Reply

TOM, Fix the High Score chart for Napman. I got a better score and it didn't appear on the chart.

Random-Kris
Random-Kris
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Nap-Man & Community News! 2001-02-27 10:48:46 Reply

So?

Flammable-Hannibal
Flammable-Hannibal
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Nap-Man & Community News! 2001-02-27 19:55:57 Reply

Cool game but where can you get the Pacman source .fla?

EVIL-C
EVIL-C
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Blank Slate
Response to Nap-Man & Community News! 2001-02-27 20:30:11 Reply

what happend to the movie: real anime sex no joke?