00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

FylypFimpossible just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Reason 4 will not detect Axiom 49.

1,698 Views | 7 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Reason has no drop down menu in "keyboards and control preferences" for Axioms!! Ugh, what do I do? It wont detect it??

Response to Reason 4 will not detect Axiom 49. 2009-02-09 21:07:43

select 'Other MIDI keyboard with controls' then make it learn learn from control surface.

Response to Reason 4 will not detect Axiom 49. 2009-02-09 21:26:02

I did that, it asks me to move controls and i do and it still wont detect it.

Response to Reason 4 will not detect Axiom 49. 2009-02-09 23:08:02

shit

Ummm... OK, does your computer recognise the keyboard, are the drivers installed?

There are also numbered MIDI channels; I don't remember if Reason is on channel 2 or 4 but it should still read something, anyway. Maybe update the drivers?w

Response to Reason 4 will not detect Axiom 49. 2009-02-09 23:13:14

Hi,

Thanks for the replies guys.

I installed the drivers. It recognizes the keyboard when I turn it on.

After I tell reason to use USB channel 2 it tells me "that channel is already in use"

I dont have anything else connected so I dont know what the deal is.

Please help!

Thank you!

Response to Reason 4 will not detect Axiom 49. 2009-02-09 23:17:01

At 2/9/09 11:13 PM, dbeck002 wrote: Please help!

Well, the AF is always great for more general problems but for a specific piece of hardware, I would really suggest looking for more specialized support from a manufacturer site:

http://forums.m-audio.com/showthread.php ?t=173

I think they have step by step instructions in that forum somewhere.

Good luck! I hope that link helps get you going.

BBS Signature

Response to Reason 4 will not detect Axiom 49. 2009-02-09 23:26:36

Thanks for the link LJ!!

I think I know what the problem is, my USB cant supply enough current to this device so its jumping in and out of being recognized by the computer. I can hear the bleeps when it kicks in and out.

This isnt the first time this happened to me with a device before. Its done the same thing to my hard drive once and i needed an external power supply to solve the problem. Oh well, a trip to the store i guess.

Response to Reason 4 will not detect Axiom 49. 2009-02-09 23:41:19

At 2/9/09 11:26 PM, dbeck002 wrote: I think I know what the problem is, my USB cant supply enough current...needed an external power supply to solve the problem. Oh well, a trip to the store i guess.

Probably it. I've had a similar problem before - I thought I had a bum device but it ended up being a faulty USB port.

If you consistently get those problems then you may want to look into getting a beefier power supply for your system. Obviously I have no idea what your running but a lot of stock systems come with base line model power supplies.

Hit up TigerDirect:
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/
SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=22354 24&Sku=O261-2005

Keep at it.

BBS Signature