00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

MatthieuxDancingDead just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Looking for work...

1,545 Views | 2 Replies

Looking for work... 2009-02-09 17:24:59

I'm a composer looking for work...here's my website with some audio samples:

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.
cfm?bandID=817831&content=music

I write in the orchestral genre and my music tends to sound epic and energetic suitable for a movie or videogame. Please contact me at basbalfan55@msn.com if you need music for your project.

Thank you!

Response to Looking for work... 2009-02-09 17:27:21

You would probably have better luck in the flash forums, we all make our own music here :P

BBS Signature

Response to Looking for work... 2009-02-09 19:14:31

To add to what Rawmin mentioned, you may want to start reading the BBS Rules and, more specifically, the Audio Forum Rules, at least for this forum.

Annnd, because I'm feeling benevolent, I'll let you know that you'll do better off by formatting a more professional post detailing your skills. Give examples of each piece through a link and provide a description for potential clients to really get a feeling of. Also you may want to list your skills more thoroughly and even list past work. If you're going to be making posts like these, try and seem professional, otherwise, people won't take you seriously. Think of it as a job application and just treat it like so. How would you want to your musical resume to look to a potential employer?

Try finding sites for game development or amateur movie makers and posting this type of advert there. You must remember, however, to read the rules of each forum you're in. The general forums will never be the place for this; usually there's a "help wanted" forum that you should post in. Even there, make sure you read the rules and follow them. A failure to do so will make you look unprofessional and will prompt users to correct or even flame you. If you do your research and read everything you can before posting, you'll be in great shape and are sure to receive clients.

On a side note, like Rawmin mentioned, we all make music here. Feel free to get involved in the community as you may develop many valuable contacts and might see future projects emerge from these. The Audio community is a tightknit one, but everybody here is very helpful (most of the time haha).

I must note, however, that I do not know if this type of thread is allowed in the Flash forum either. I would consult the rules there and try and find out if I were you. Also, if you really wish to keep advertising in the Audio forum, use the Audio Advertisements Thread.

Also, in your posts, you may want to consider introducing yourself. Tell us your name and unique things about you that are relevant to your musical endeavors. This will give your post a more personal air and may save it from being buried by all the other posts in a help wanted forum.

Other than that, good luck! Welcome to the Audio Community. Don't forget to read the rules before you post again! ;)

~SinJim