00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

444rgh just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

[art] Intergalactic V-Day Contest

8,368 Views | 53 Replies

[art] Intergalactic V-Day Contest 2009-02-01 11:45:00

POST ONLY FINISHED ARTWORK IN THIS THREAD EVERYTHING ELSE WILL BE DELETED!
Chit-chat, works-in-progress, comments and criticism must be posted in the TALK THREAD.

ART CONTEST: Intergalactic Valentines Day

A new month brings you a new Newgrounds art contest! Sweet!

It's February and love is in the air! Whether you love or hate Valentines Day, you have to admit; it exists. Let's acknowledge Valentines Day with our own personal expressions of the special feelings that the big V brings up for you!

WHAT TO DO:
Create a romantic getaway for two out of this world beings. Where would a couple of aliens spend Valentines Day together? It's up to your imagination where it would be, what it would look like and who those aliens might be. We want to see your creativity pushed to the fullest extent that it can be, your focus should be on the environment, the aliens and how far out you can make them!

THE RULES:
1. All posted entries must be finished. No sketches or works-in-progress can be posted in this thread.
2. All art must be original and drawn by you. No photoshops, collages, sprites or other artists line work will be allowed.
3. Spend some time and effort on your entries, anything that looks like you spent only a few minutes on it will be deleted.
4. Use a decent art program. Unless you're a master, MS Paint will not cut it.
5. Multiple entries are welcome, however each contestant may only win one prize.
6. ALL ART FORUM RULES APPLY! e.g. Adult content must be highly artistic or exceptionally funny.
7. NEW ART ONLY! Please do not post any recycled artwork in the thread.

DEADLINE:
Entries must be posted by 11:59pm on Saturday, February 14th (Newgrounds time). If you post it on the 15th you're posting too late!

PRIZES:
1st Place: $50 in Newgrounds Store credit
2nd Place: $40 in Newgrounds Store credit
3rd Place: $30 in Newgrounds Store credit
4th Place: $20 in Newgrounds Store credit
5th Place: $10 in Newgrounds Store credit

---

While the telepathic language of these beings is not pronounceable with any tongue known to man, the closest English approximation of their names would be Skip and Fran. Skip and Fran are enjoying a rare double sunset in the crystal laden hills of their homeworld, Nebukropp, on this glorious Valentines Day.

This sig is 100% effective protection from all hexes, curses, evil spirits and bad karma. Guaranteed.

BBS Signature

Response to [art] Intergalactic V-Day Contest 2009-02-01 15:40:38

opposites attract

Response to [art] Intergalactic V-Day Contest 2009-02-01 18:30:42

A nice getaway for to android-like aliens. Theres a constellation in there too if you can see it :D

~LilRye93

Response to [art] Intergalactic V-Day Contest 2009-02-01 19:31:59

yong love

Response to [art] Intergalactic V-Day Contest 2009-02-01 23:36:02

The sci-fi cyclops enjoy a romantic sunset on a red planet, an impossible diamond tree behind them.

Test for echo

BBS Signature

Response to [art] Intergalactic V-Day Contest 2009-02-02 13:37:03

Love is blind, they say

Beware of the mexican animator! (that's me, y'know?)

Response to [art] Intergalactic V-Day Contest 2009-02-02 13:40:50

even in space, most good relationships end up like this..

hah, this is mostly a joke, ofcourse. otherwise i would have spent a bit more time on it. :p maybe i'll post another, more detailed, drawing.

Boop the snoot

BBS Signature

Response to [art] Intergalactic V-Day Contest 2009-02-03 04:56:29

Little do the amorphous extra-dimensional life masses on the Planet of Inconceivable Terror know, but the combination of their planet's argon atmosphere combined with the extreme radiation of their uranium-rich soil produces a spectacular, swirling cloud of deep purples and fluorescent blues that gently light up the night sky.

But they do not know this, as they are faceless beings whose form and spacial relativity is ever-shifting.

I used to be relevant.

Response to [art] Intergalactic V-Day Contest 2009-02-03 06:13:22

Alien-Drive In

Only Apples Have The Right To be Red

MY DEVIANTART GALLERY

Response to [art] Intergalactic V-Day Contest 2009-02-05 19:06:55

(I think I focused too much on the aliens, but here it is, nevertheless...)

For a romantic fool like Xarhanst, Intergalactic Valentine's day had to be special. Even when a classic "Happy Valentine's day, love!" & a box of vaporized mint chocolate would have been enough. So, he used his connections as a bounty hunter, and learned where would be the perfect spot to watch a giant space battle that occurs near spacestation New Athens. Not only did he provide his love with the light show of the century, spiced with the beautiful stars of the Ravat system, he also had a very special amulet to give. The amulet has a heart shaped crystal vial, that is filled with 5 different bloods. One for each other sentient races, and that precious juice of life once belonged to one of his biggest bounties.

Now the the stars & occasional explosions that can be seen almost a lightyear away light this moment...

I couldn't resist putting in a cheesy background story :P Naturally, a more hi-res image can be found here... http://fatchaos.deviantart.com/art/Inter galactic-Valentines-Day-111928605

Sure, we all share one thing. We will all die sooner or later. Thank god.

My art thread, starting from pg 18

See all my crap in larger, smexier images! (DeviantArt)

BBS Signature

Response to [art] Intergalactic V-Day Contest 2009-02-06 20:15:59

I love using Flash to do my art, so happy valentines day people.

Response to [art] Intergalactic V-Day Contest 2009-02-06 23:29:12

The full sized.

The basic backstory is simply the couple was told on the brochure that if they traveled to this planet, they'd hear the most beautiful music in the world.

It's really too bad the travel agent didn't explain that the music was the incredible vocal harmonics of the Peglegged Rabbit of Toursenic. It's warbling death cry as it lunges towards it's victims causes them to pause and savor the incredible sounds of the beast seconds before being brutally devoured.

It's a really nice date, provided you're fast.

Need a hot dicking?

JonasATnewgrounds.com

I do voices.

Response to [art] Intergalactic V-Day Contest 2009-02-07 15:33:06

The game of love, moment between the two, an erotic journey lasting for the whole night.

BBS Signature

Response to [art] Intergalactic V-Day Contest 2009-02-07 23:50:55

A Gleegan couple go on a vacation to the lava beaches on the beautiful Sublime Isles of Venus, as they enjoy their drinks and talk under the midnight sky. (Again...)

Strychnine and cyanide. A healthy part of this complete breakfast.

Response to [art] Intergalactic V-Day Contest 2009-02-08 20:23:52

they get off on killin' off other races :3
I have one more idea Ill probly try to get in before the end

Response to [art] Intergalactic V-Day Contest 2009-02-08 21:30:01

Done!
Unlike most other submissions, this is a whole planet and not just aliens. This planet is called the polygamist planet which has a population of 4. The populations is made up of 3 faceless, white women and a big fat man who makes up the planet.

My Art ISU. Tell me what you think.

DeviantFart

YOU WANNA SEE SOME GOOD ART!? Well then you shouldn't click here.

Response to [art] Intergalactic V-Day Contest 2009-02-10 07:21:32

I'm not going to win (too many good artists here at the BBS, lol)
but i love this style

Response to [art] Intergalactic V-Day Contest 2009-02-11 16:32:34

On this V-Day, an alien proposes on the far-out planet where deadness is embraced (its name induces chills and instills fear temporarily, so it is preferably not said). Although it may farfetched to propose with a knife, it is a common way for these aliens, as the male proposes by offering the female a knife, and if accepted, both these aquatic creatures stab themselves in the heart, and throw themselves into the Rigga Mortis River, where they drown. This ensures that these lovers can be eternally bonded in a hellish land which could hopefully look worse than where they are now.

Strychnine and cyanide. A healthy part of this complete breakfast.

Response to [art] Intergalactic V-Day Contest 2009-02-11 17:38:10

First off - I am not good at art on the computer. I doubt you are allowed to trace stuff - but I tried to draw the Enterprise free-hand and it just didn't come out right.

However, I thought this image was funny when it popped into my head, so I decided to share it. Disqualify/delete it as you see fit.

Happy Valentines Day!

Sig by BlueHippo / User Icon by CosmicDeath.

BBS Signature

Response to [art] Intergalactic V-Day Contest 2009-02-11 22:29:10

These two aliens belong to a species that are very openly affectionate. They live on an exciting planet with no dangers or plant life. The green one's name is Lapp Shinn a fierce warrior, the other, Quay Low who's beauty is known throughout the land.

Response to [art] Intergalactic V-Day Contest 2009-02-11 23:02:07

the purple guys name is Oliver, he only leaves his cave once a year in search of LOVE!! regardless of if you want it or not D:

Response to [art] Intergalactic V-Day Contest 2009-02-12 13:59:06

I couldn't resist having a go at this after reading rule four."Use a decent art program. Unless you're a master, MS Paint will not cut it.".
Drawing attention to the last part,"MS paint will not cut it",rather than the,"Unless you're a master" bit,i don't want to sound like a fat head so concetrate on the first of those two.

Heres the pic in it's actual size.
http://www.picoodle.com/view.php?img=/3/
2/12/f_NGcomp1m_4807d8d.gif&srv=img26

Response to [art] Intergalactic V-Day Contest 2009-02-12 18:11:20

With the help of Mattster092, I have decided to post this.
Aren't they such a cute couple?

My Art ISU. Tell me what you think.

DeviantFart

YOU WANNA SEE SOME GOOD ART!? Well then you shouldn't click here.

Response to [art] Intergalactic V-Day Contest 2009-02-12 21:57:36

Made these to sell in school, figure they'll fit well here too. Harry the Hapless Heart in the search for true love.

Response to [art] Intergalactic V-Day Contest 2009-02-12 22:14:10

numba 2

Response to [art] Intergalactic V-Day Contest 2009-02-12 22:25:28

3rd and final..legit versions up here: http://img131.imageshack.us/img131/2410/
totalvh7.png

Response to [art] Intergalactic V-Day Contest 2009-02-12 22:31:46

Toejam and Lewanda enjoying a nice day in the fields of funkotron! (with a jealous Earl in the background)

High Quality View

Response to [art] Intergalactic V-Day Contest 2009-02-13 00:01:38

two giant interstellar robots meet in our very own solar system
I know its not the best but I dont have very good art programs so I tried with paint

go check out this amazing artist NOW or I will post links of his art link link link all by Lawlolawlstudios

BBS Signature

Response to [art] Intergalactic V-Day Contest 2009-02-13 06:44:11

Well, here goes my submission :)
These 2 Gigantic birds spend most of their time in love, however on valentines day, they can grow hateful. Their heads are shaped like hearts, and they can retract their long necks into their bodies for transportation.

*this photo was taken before Valentines Day.*
-Matt

Response to [art] Intergalactic V-Day Contest 2009-02-13 07:55:46

On the border colonies of Mar Sara, the release of oxygen by human terraforming events triggered the awakening of an ancient, powerful, destructive race of alien organisms. These organisms latch onto the bodies of living creatures, taking over their thoughts, feelings, wants, and desires, while slowly digesting the hosts' body to survive. While basic survival emotions such as fear or hunger were commonplace on Mar Sara, the aliens before had never felt an emotion so uniquely intriguing as love. They were quick to embrace the emotion as their own, and to go about the practices of love found in the archival depths of the minds of the humans. They've even set up their own Valentines Day to coincide with the planet's passing through the asteroid belt. Surely a romantic time, occurring once every 7.2 human years, when the surface of the planet is heavily bombarded by asteroids ranging from the size of a dime to the size of a large truck.

Unfortunately for the aliens, with love comes heartbreak. And here again, even lightyears away, on the distant colony planets, heartbreak rears it's ugly head (or lack thereof, in this instance). This poor soul has opted to take the human way out, by drinking until he forgets her. Or drunk holo-texts her.

Incredibly massive version over here

I used to be relevant.