00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

seaquester just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Lundsfryd's showcase

94,825 Views | 486 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Lundsfryd's showcase 2012-10-10 14:37:41

I would also like to point out that this if my 5th picture to NOT feature animals. I am recovering :P

World Famous Kasper Lundsfryd Illustrations

nilfisk

BBS Signature

Response to Lundsfryd's showcase 2012-10-11 12:48:36

I made a quick comic today. I wanted to print it out and hang it up in my school cantina, but I caused a major paper jam and now the IT people will have my head tomorrow. I hate fucking printers.

This version is modified for internet browsing, I did not intend it be read downward but sideways.

Anyways have a look

Lundsfryd's showcase

nilfisk

BBS Signature

Response to Lundsfryd's showcase 2012-10-11 14:13:14

At 10/11/12 12:48 PM, Lundsfryd wrote: I made a quick comic today. I wanted to print it out and hang it up in my school cantina, but I caused a major paper jam and now the IT people will have my head tomorrow. I hate fucking printers.

This version is modified for internet browsing, I did not intend it be read downward but sideways.

Anyways have a look

Haha, nice. I like how it kind of turns into an animation when you scroll down.

Response to Lundsfryd's showcase 2012-10-12 09:14:28

At 10/11/12 02:13 PM, Nacco wrote:
Haha, nice. I like how it kind of turns into an animation when you scroll down.

Thanks man - yeah I figured it would work somewhat like that :)

Here is my last drawing for the week. More illustrator stuff.

Art portal

Lundsfryd's showcase

nilfisk

BBS Signature

Response to Lundsfryd's showcase 2012-10-16 10:48:33

I am still fiddeling around in Illustrator. I thought I would redesign Nick Cave's "the death of Bunny Munro". Here it is:

Portal

Lundsfryd's showcase

nilfisk

BBS Signature

Response to Lundsfryd's showcase 2012-10-16 17:17:21

More illustrator and book redesign stuff. This was a terrible pain in the ass to make. I guess it is really easy once you get into the functions you need to use, but before that it is really tricky to work with...

Portal

Lundsfryd's showcase

nilfisk

BBS Signature

Response to Lundsfryd's showcase 2012-10-23 13:03:00

Here is something non illustrator for a change. I followed this tutorial and had a go a creating a custom pencil like brush. I think it works fairly well, but it does not really look natural..

Lundsfryd's showcase

nilfisk

BBS Signature

Response to Lundsfryd's showcase 2012-10-23 13:40:28

At 10/23/12 01:03 PM, Lundsfryd wrote: Here is something non illustrator for a change. I followed this tutorial and had a go a creating a custom pencil like brush. I think it works fairly well, but it does not really look natural..

I like the way the texture look in the vid, I don't think i'll use it for sketching though, more like a weird creature skin texture perhaps (like a weird skin texture maybe). I don't believe that using the texture on the brush will ever look natural unless somehow the size of the texture jitters from each stroke.

BBS Signature

Response to Lundsfryd's showcase 2012-10-23 14:09:48

At 10/23/12 01:40 PM, ZaneZansorrow wrote:
At 10/23/12 01:03 PM, Lundsfryd wrote: Here is something non illustrator for a change. I followed this tutorial and had a go a creating a custom pencil like brush. I think it works fairly well, but it does not really look natural..
I like the way the texture look in the vid, I don't think i'll use it for sketching though, more like a weird creature skin texture perhaps (like a weird skin texture maybe). I don't believe that using the texture on the brush will ever look natural unless somehow the size of the texture jitters from each stroke.

I don't really agree on that last point. What you see as texture of the pencil is really the texture of the paper, and that is going to be pretty size consistent. But perhaps it would be better to scan a piece of paper and use that as the texture pattern.

nilfisk

BBS Signature

Response to Lundsfryd's showcase 2012-10-24 02:11:22

Sweet. As glad as I am to see someone use illustrator properly (it's got an undeservedly bad reputation), I've missed your raster works. The illustrator ones don't quite have that same wonderfully expressive linework that your others do- it gets a bit buried under polished shaping and clarity of composition.

Response to Lundsfryd's showcase 2012-10-25 16:57:12

At 10/24/12 02:11 AM, lovingthedark wrote:
At 10/23/12 01:03 PM, Lundsfryd wrote: Here is something non illustrator for a change.
Sweet. As glad as I am to see someone use illustrator properly (it's got an undeservedly bad reputation), I've missed your raster works. The illustrator ones don't quite have that same wonderfully expressive linework that your others do- it gets a bit buried under polished shaping and clarity of composition.

That is true, but I believe it does not have to be that way. I am toying with doing something that is combining the clean graphic shapes and crisp curves with something more smudgy and scribbly and hand made, I think it might be good. But don't get your hopes up ;)

Here is todays exercise, and also a something practical I needed to make. My best friend and the original drummer of the men in blues is throwing a large birthday party this weekend and as a birthday greeting card me and the rest of the band thought we would give him some old recording of us that he in fact has never heard. So that needed a cover. The paper texture I have added here is roughly the paper type I will be printing it on, and then it will be folded in a special way so there is no plastic case required. Notice the sips co. reference..

Lundsfryd's showcase

nilfisk

BBS Signature

Response to Lundsfryd's showcase 2012-10-26 07:06:55

Man, I'm eating up these graphic designs with minimal washed palettes. Those are fantastic man, the last one looks so official and professional. Really good work. I've always envied people who can nail that clean style. My own work is so rough and gritty and dirty. Some people say it is my 'style' but that is bullshit. It's because I lack the confidence to do work like you're doing there. Fantastic work, sir.

Response to Lundsfryd's showcase 2012-10-29 15:52:45

At 10/26/12 07:06 AM, Hyptosis wrote: Man, I'm eating up these graphic designs with minimal washed palettes. Those are fantastic man, the last one looks so official and professional. Really good work. I've always envied people who can nail that clean style. My own work is so rough and gritty and dirty. Some people say it is my 'style' but that is bullshit. It's because I lack the confidence to do work like you're doing there. Fantastic work, sir.

Thanks Hypto
If you are interested in acquiring a cleaner style then I highly recommend playing around in illustrator, I am really starting to enjoy that program. For a long time I tried doing stuff like this in photoshop, but it is just a bit too easy to cover everything in soft shades and textures, and you tend to forget how your basic shapes line up and actually work on the screen..
That being said, I think you go absolutely nothing to be ashamed of friend :)

Here is something new. It was just made as an exercise. I was not hired or anything. I wan't to make a few more fake band posters, just to get a better grip of making typography and illustration work together and then I plan to go out and do some pro bono work for some up coming bands. Perhaps corner that market.

Portal version

Lundsfryd's showcase

nilfisk

BBS Signature

Response to Lundsfryd's showcase 2012-11-05 12:33:08

We had a service design course this month, me and my group made this project.

link

nilfisk

BBS Signature

Response to Lundsfryd's showcase 2012-11-07 12:32:08

I been wanting to show off this table I painted for my girlfriend. It is a stencil I made from a picture I took of her cat.

Lundsfryd's showcase

nilfisk

BBS Signature

Response to Lundsfryd's showcase 2012-11-07 12:34:03

And here is one from a better angle. I used sandpaper to get the grungy look. I swear that cat hates me.

Lundsfryd's showcase

nilfisk

BBS Signature

Response to Lundsfryd's showcase 2012-11-07 12:38:34

I have recently bought a notebook that is small enough to fit in my pocket. Now I wish I had done that years ago. I love being able to write/draw down my ideas as they come instead of just forgetting about them. I is really inspiring. I have been sketching on some more fake (and one infake) posters.

Lundsfryd's showcase

nilfisk

BBS Signature

Response to Lundsfryd's showcase 2012-11-07 12:41:32

I want to make a Dr John poster, but I don't want it to be a cliché voodoo poster. I think his lates album is much more that the theatrical version of Dr John, (perhaps more of the real Mac Rebenac) so I want the poster to reflect that.

Lundsfryd's showcase

nilfisk

BBS Signature

Response to Lundsfryd's showcase 2012-11-07 12:49:05

I'd like my band to be one of your first pro bono customers ;D

Who is the hunter?

BBS Signature

Response to Lundsfryd's showcase 2012-11-07 14:10:35

At 11/7/12 12:49 PM, Knocturne wrote: I'd like my band to be one of your first pro bono customers ;D

Let me put it this way, if I get a good Idea then I will happily throw your a freebie :)

Moving on with the program:
Apart from Dr John I am planning a St. Vincent poster.. In fact it is almost finished, you guys will see that next week. Also, I may choose the one on the right for Dr John.

nilfisk

BBS Signature

Response to Lundsfryd's showcase 2012-11-07 14:11:44

Picture:

Lundsfryd's showcase

nilfisk

BBS Signature

Response to Lundsfryd's showcase 2012-11-07 14:16:58

Alright, last one for today. I am also working on a poster for a friend of mine from school. He plays in a band called Sun River (look them up, they are great!) and these previous ones are kind of meant as warm up for that one. I want to learn how to make proper screen printed posters, so it is a great exercise for me. I were thinking about doing something with a disabled elephant or something like that. I think I am going for something completely different though.

Lundsfryd's showcase

nilfisk

BBS Signature

Response to Lundsfryd's showcase 2012-11-13 13:53:00

I am done with the St. Vincent poster.. Have a look :)

Lundsfryd's showcase

nilfisk

BBS Signature

Response to Lundsfryd's showcase 2012-11-14 10:07:25

Done with the Dr John poster..

Portal

Lundsfryd's showcase

nilfisk

BBS Signature

Response to Lundsfryd's showcase 2012-11-20 07:39:14

Here is a sketch for my next poster project. It is for a friend of mines band, so this time it might actually have to be used for something and there for I think I am going to put a bit more care into the details.

Lundsfryd's showcase

nilfisk

BBS Signature

Response to Lundsfryd's showcase 2012-11-20 12:44:56

At 11/20/12 07:39 AM, Lundsfryd wrote: Here is a sketch for my next poster project. It is for a friend of mines band, so this time it might actually have to be used for something and there for I think I am going to put a bit more care into the details.

Aaaaaaand it's done!

Lundsfryd's showcase

nilfisk

BBS Signature

Response to Lundsfryd's showcase 2012-11-20 12:57:48

I browsed your pictures for about 10 minutes before I started to love every little piece of art! Keep 'em coming ;D.

The last 2 are my favorite :3

He's right behind you... And he's got donuts :3

Response to Lundsfryd's showcase 2012-11-21 08:18:44

wip

Lundsfryd's showcase

nilfisk

BBS Signature

Response to Lundsfryd's showcase 2012-11-21 12:05:01

At 11/21/12 08:18 AM, Lundsfryd wrote: wip

And done!

portal

Lundsfryd's showcase

nilfisk

BBS Signature

Response to Lundsfryd's showcase 2012-11-21 14:10:48

At 11/20/12 12:44 PM, Lundsfryd wrote:
At 11/20/12 07:39 AM, Lundsfryd wrote: Here is a sketch for my next poster project. It is for a friend of mines band, so this time it might actually have to be used for something and there for I think I am going to put a bit more care into the details.
Aaaaaaand it's done!

Dude, you are tearing it up in this new style. The Sun River thing is like, blows my mind. I'd love to see an overlay of some siple white wear and tear. Like they're scanned from a folded poster, or a comic or book with worn edges. With the color choices you made. I'm so impressed man, I'm eating it up.