00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

TheADHX just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Musician Of The Year

11,660 Views | 154 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Musician Of The Year 2009-02-03 03:23:49

At 2/3/09 03:08 AM, Arkez wrote: yh i think the nominees should be AxeFx, Nemesis Theory or Stan-SB cause theyve made some awesome songs this year and all other years. except AxeFx cause he only started submitting songs this year but hes made quite a lot for the year and theyre really good

to be honest, im surprised no one's nominated axeFX yet. the others... well idk.

Response to Musician Of The Year 2009-02-03 04:13:23

At 2/3/09 04:01 AM, ParagonX9 wrote: i ... well um, never won any 'artist of the year' nominee *coughcough*hinthintloljk) ;__;

You should break off that writer's block and make some more musics! =D

*coughcough hint hint lol I'm serious*

;D

Also.. played some of your stuff in mah Radiogrounds set earlier. If you have any new stuff you're working on.. I'd love to broadcast it. Same with any new releases if ya get around to it.

At 1/16/12 03:08 AM, Xyresic wrote: EchozAurora: The SEXY Audio Mod. (2019 edit lol not anymoar)

Check out soundcloud.com/echozaurora for more recent songs and DJ mixes!

BBS Signature

Response to Musician Of The Year 2009-02-03 20:35:13

At 2/3/09 03:23 AM, Spikrodd wrote:
At 2/3/09 03:08 AM, Arkez wrote: yh i think the nominees should be AxeFx, Nemesis Theory or Stan-SB cause theyve made some awesome songs this year and all other years. except AxeFx cause he only started submitting songs this year but hes made quite a lot for the year and theyre really good
to be honest, im surprised no one's nominated axeFX yet. the others... well idk.

I'll nominate axeFX, forgot about him. He's been on NG longer than it shows, since he used to submit under a different account name for a number of years.

Newest song: Dinosaur Alien

Reviews/comments appreciated!

BBS Signature

Response to Musician Of The Year 2009-02-04 08:58:28

I'd like to nominate these two:

Waterflame,
His music is always really catchy and upbeat, and I'm particularly biased towards Control: Damage... it's so awesome. <3

ParagonX9,
There isn't a song up there that I don't like, and I was blown away by Metropolis, all-round true talent is really on display here, nobody can deny that. :)

BBS Signature

Response to Musician Of The Year 2009-02-04 12:59:42

hopeku - the 30 songs in 30 days has blown me away so far, this artist has been able to produce a wide variety of genres very very well

TMM43 - In my opinion the best trance artist on the site, does a wonderful job and should be submitting tracks to labels rather than this site

xKore - does a great job with electro house and dirty elements of trance....i love those distorted basslines...top quality producer

BBS Signature

Response to Musician Of The Year 2009-02-05 11:55:31

At 2/3/09 04:01 AM, ParagonX9 wrote: Just to let everyone know; i've been making songs for ng for almost 6 years now,
and i never won any 'artist of the year' nominee.

Sounds like someone is still bitter about losing to me in that MAC a while back...(!)

Like you said, your'e popular enough (if not the most popular artist on this site), do you really need any more recognition? I mean, your songs, and yours alone, used to loop over and over again on the audio front page for fux sake.

When does voting for this end? I need to compile a list myself...

Developer by day; Deviant by night

Response to Musician Of The Year 2009-02-05 15:36:41

And my vote goes to

dumdumdumdumdumdumdumdumdumdum

Zero123Music!

He makes piano/classic music and he is very good at it.
And piano/classic music pwns all other music, so there you have your winner.
Go spread the word about Zero123Music... and he's ''only'' 13 years old!

No i'll go back to my normal mode.
*Click*

BBS Signature

Response to Musician Of The Year 2009-02-05 22:09:05

I would nominate Kannon1 as the Rookie of the Year for 2008. I feel that I did some quality work here. Even though not everyone likes my type of soundz with the digital and spacey effects, I feel I did pretty good. So Im just putting that out there LOL! No but seriously I would say that CTB is my vote for Musician of The Year. I realy like his music and he has my vote al the way!!!

Response to Musician Of The Year 2009-02-05 22:21:37

Its just because Im that damn good. LOL

Response to Musician Of The Year 2009-02-06 01:26:52

I nominate Sorohanro for kicking ass across all the genres, supporting, helping audio artists, providing his own samples/ loops to NG'ers..
I could go on, but then I'd sound like I was kissing his ass.

Thanks for nominating me hippl5. Kick ass.

BBS Signature

Response to Musician Of The Year 2009-02-06 18:07:56

At 2/3/09 04:01 AM, ParagonX9 wrote: Just to let everyone know; i've been making songs for ng for almost 6 years now,
and i never won any 'artist of the year' nominee. Even though, i've always been one of the popular
artists all those years. Tom fulp's IRAQ ATTACK (2003) was one of the the first flashmovies that featured my first audio-submission.
And that was a huge step for me, to the top of the audioportal. (sorry for the being ghey rite now,
i just want to make clear that i've been one of the popular artists since my first submission,
and that i ... well um, never won any 'artist of the year' nominee *coughcough*hinthintloljk) ;__;

Anyways...... there are 3 artists i'd like nominate:
Waterflame
NemesisTheory
Danman87

nice production quality, catchy, songs which i can listen over and over again.

youve only made 3 songs, arent very active within the NG community altogether (probably why you lost your modship). I think you are an amazing artist just like the next guy but do you really deserve to win for 08?

in addition to Karco, I would also like to nominate NemesisTheory and Danman87, and Rig and Nav. NemesthisTheory has covered lots of different genres with expertise, Danman87 is an overall nice audio guy and probably the most pro sounding classical producer here behind Edgen IMO. Rig makes awesome music, pretty versatile in the genres he covers plus has compiled lots of helpful lists and blogs. Navs another great EDM musician, who is very knowleadgeable and probably one of the most helpful audio artists on NG.

BBS Signature

Response to Musician Of The Year 2009-02-06 21:08:37

I hereby vote for Milkman-Dan for musician of the year...

Response to Musician Of The Year 2009-02-10 19:43:05

bump

Response to Musician Of The Year 2009-02-24 16:56:19

So was there ever really a specified place to vote? I just saw nominees here..

At any rate, i'm guessing it's already been decided as the tank trophies are being presented in a little over a week.

And they'd have to.. you know, put the names on them and stuff like that.

So yeah.

Response to Musician Of The Year 2009-02-24 17:25:33

Actually engraving the name probably wouldn't take that long. A few hours maybe?

If nominations were still going on I'd definitely vouch for cornandbeans. He excels at pretty much any genre of music, and he produces quite a few songs. I know '06 isn't relevant to this contest, but he managed to release just short of two songs a week on average. He's also been on Newgrounds for a while and is still fairly young for somebody of his talent.

Latest Song: And I Must Scream | Contact Me: Reverbnation | Facebook | Mysace

BBS Signature

Response to Musician Of The Year 2009-02-25 00:11:01

I know I'll be hated for this, but I do nominate two people. One IS MeastroRage.
1. because of the number of pieces
2. the uniqueness of the pieces
3. the quality of the pieces
4. for all of the bombing they have to put up with
5. They are amazing composers

and I also nominate Jabicho
1. All of his songs are amazingly beautiful
2. They are very professional
3. The impact his pieces have, being included in a video
4. The pureness of his music
5. I'm sure he has bombers too (dont we all :( )

so there you guys go

Response to Musician Of The Year 2009-02-25 07:35:02

At 2/6/09 01:26 AM, Bad-Man-Incorporated wrote: I nominate Sorohanro for kicking ass across all the genres, supporting, helping audio artists, providing his own samples/ loops to NG'ers..
I could go on, but then I'd sound like I was kissing his ass.

AWWWW !!! Thanx Bad Man, thanx.
I really appreciate this.
I would like to nominate all my fav list (Bad Man included, heck, he did great vocal on my album)

Response to Musician Of The Year 2009-02-25 08:35:57

At 2/25/09 07:35 AM, sorohanro wrote: I would like to nominate all my fav list (Bad Man included, heck, he did great vocal on my album)

GOD I HATE YOU SO MUCH

LIST WILL BE UPDATED SHORTLY

Response to Musician Of The Year 2009-02-25 08:36:59

Yay, that makes me a part of the list aswell (altrough its a Pseudo ;p)
Didnt knew you had JonCena in your faves ;p

That account is me (Carf) and my buddy (bitch for life) Jon.
Altrough I am the one that makes music for already 14 years, Jon likes to
work out some hiphop beats with me from time to time.
My biggest benefit from this is that I always get different results
then when I had fix that same track alone ;).

To celebrate that happy fact, I want to whore my fave one of us.
Just because I LOVE this track.

Carfie!

Retro never get old!

Response to Musician Of The Year 2009-02-25 08:38:26

At 2/25/09 08:36 AM, Carf wrote: To celebrate that happy fact, I want to whore my fave one of us.
Just because I LOVE this track.
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/1 92571
Carfie!

I HATE YOU EVEN MORE FOR SELFWHORING IN MY THREAD

Response to Musician Of The Year 2009-02-25 08:40:08

Hmmz, it looks like that I have made a little mistake...
got my hopes up a bit to early ;p
Sorry for the mispost... still I would like to nominate:

Nav! (for all the good things he do for the community)
Nemesis Theory (For the good music she creates)

Everyone who is trying to make music and know about the blood sweat and tears.
Keep up the creativity.

Retro never get old!

Response to Musician Of The Year 2009-02-25 12:29:37

At 2/25/09 08:35 AM, SolusLunes wrote: GOD I HATE YOU SO MUCH

I NOMINATE SOLUS(10 times)

I think that means you win...

Developer by day; Deviant by night

Response to Musician Of The Year 2009-02-25 15:49:50

At 2/25/09 08:35 AM, SolusLunes wrote:
At 2/25/09 07:35 AM, sorohanro wrote: I would like to nominate all my fav list (Bad Man included, heck, he did great vocal on my album)
GOD I HATE YOU SO MUCH

LIST WILL BE UPDATED SHORTLY

Keep in mind that Love and Hate when are extreme tends to change in the opposite :D
Then you'll change your aura in pink "FAB" and...
... So much love in the air...

Response to Musician Of The Year 2009-02-25 21:15:39

Honestly, you've had my vote, Badman's, and I think someone else. There sure is a lot of love for you and your awesome music.

Response to Musician Of The Year 2009-02-26 01:50:44

I'm sure it's already been decided by the higher ups but I'll still throw in my opinion. The only guy that I feel truly deserves it is:

F777: Besides releasing a good number of songs throughout the year, I believe that F-777 was simply one of the most influential artists here. While he hasn't chatted too much in the forums, he's certainly been present, from music discussions to various MAC's and contests. More than anything he's recognized for his amazing character and personality. He helps and gives advice to ANYONE who asks for it, regularly reviews submissions throughout the portal, and keeps in touch with many of the users on here as friends. His music is also fantastic; all of his submissions are creative and unique, and the fact that he is on almost 2000 fav artist lists is testament to the likability and quality of his music. I would highly HIGHLY recommend F-777 as the main candidate for MotY.

There are many other great people on the portal who deserve recognition. ParagonX9 and Envy for creating such universally liked songs, Maestrorage for running all the contests and keeping our standards for classical music so high, Waterflame for releasing so many songs that went on to play a part in Castle Crashers, MrMilkCarton for loading the portal with tons of high quality trance songs, Reasoner for some god damned amazing music, and many others. However, the only one who really stands out for me as someone who doesn't just excel in one area is F-777. I have seen the portal influenced in so many ways through F-777, and I feel that he is an artist who embodies what we strive to create here on this site.

So that's my opinion :P

A heavy bassline is my kind of silence.

Enjoy progressive house? Then listen to my song.

Response to Musician Of The Year 2009-02-26 02:34:12

Karco or Koriigahn definitely... Very quick learners with much promise.

BBS Signature

Response to Musician Of The Year 2009-02-26 10:46:41

I nominate Bjra, because he make me laugh with his spoof music (the Asian one was good) :P

Nah I'm kidding, but ya, Bjra has come a long way, and has submitted quite a bit in 2008.

Even in 2009, he's submitted something pretty much every other day, which shows dedication to the AP.

EPICCC

PS: Thanks for the nominating me guys! :3

Audio-Technica ATH-700Pro Mk2 Headphones User

If you love trance: Kazmo's Beats!

Response to Musician Of The Year 2009-02-26 15:17:31

At 2/25/09 09:15 PM, Nosferatu-of-Worms wrote: Honestly, you've had my vote, Badman's, and I think someone else. There sure is a lot of love for you and your awesome music.

Thanx.
I don't know if is really my place to be nominated by artists better than me :D
Love everyone.

Free hugs.

Maybe is a solution to chose from people that made front page... how about this idea ?

Response to Musician Of The Year 2009-02-27 01:27:50

a quick comment about Bjra, alot of people have brought up his number of submissions this last year, but I believe that he had been making music before 2008 and simply uploaded all of his music (along with new ones of course) when he began using the AP. Could be wrong though. Bjra, could you confirm this if you're reading it?

A heavy bassline is my kind of silence.

Enjoy progressive house? Then listen to my song.

Response to Musician Of The Year 2009-03-06 15:49:30

Go watch the movie (currently on the front page) if you want to know who won!