New Topic Respond to this Topic
Mystery-Moon-Pie
Mystery-Moon-Pie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Musician Of The Year 2009-01-31 21:08:08 Reply

I saw the disclamier, so I will reput my names.

Rucklo- good and frequent submitter with those songs you can get down with, even if it is not your genre.

NemisisTheory- That music is not even made for newgrounds, it's like something you hear in movies. Very epic music.

MaestroRage- Great at creating those backround music for games as well as music for videos and all sorts. Can make classic with a twist.

Joshhunsaker - Ambient music for him is a specialty, it's just so soothing and inspiring.

Nirodha - I added him because I like "Alive".

Kmax - His ambient music is a strong ambient, because it's adds those drums and unsurpassable beats.

Deathkllr84 - Master of metal on newgrounds.

IndieDance -His/her techno makes you wonder how ever these ideas could have beem thought up. Just phenomenal.

Cycerin - The orchestral sounds added to the music in addition to his techno rock sounds defy the limits of what you think is good.

Waterflame - Just a good all around video game music creator.

Sebby64 - Similar to cycerin's comment.

Fauster
Fauster
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Musician Of The Year 2009-01-31 23:27:45 Reply

Pulstate

He's pretty much the only Trance producer signed this year, so I'm counting the songs he doesn't submit to NG.

BBS Signature
ph0ne
ph0ne
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Musician Of The Year 2009-02-01 00:20:09 Reply

I am the Musician of the Year.

Thank you.

Lashmush
Lashmush
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Musician
Response to Musician Of The Year 2009-02-01 01:14:52 Reply

At 1/31/09 11:27 PM, Fauster wrote: Pulstate

He's pretty much the only Trance producer signed this year, so I'm counting the songs he doesn't submit to NG.

Well... Thats quite dumb actually. In that case, I guess I'll count System of a Down. Hell, they dont submit to newgrounds, but they sure are in alot of flashes, right?

No, I would vote for myself. Cause I went into a paranoid schizoaffective disorder yet managed to get through it so I could come back and make moar music! (true story actually.)

Srsly though, I guess my vote would be for anyone besides ParagonX9. Musics great and all and im sure PX9 is a nice person, but srsly, paragon could upload ANYTHING and it would get like 20k views, 3k votes and 300 reviews in a week. i think giving the trophy to someone less famous might help em out more.

Sooo... Maybe Dimoria? Composes good stuff and has a positive attitude on the Audioforum at all times.

Listen to and download Ultima Eternus in MP3 right here on NG or buy the lossless version! Srsly, buy it. >:c

BBS Signature
MJTTOMB
MJTTOMB
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Musician Of The Year 2009-02-01 08:30:01 Reply

I'd definitely suggest winterwind-ns. Phenomenal musician.

BBS Signature
PERVOK
PERVOK
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to Musician Of The Year 2009-02-01 10:35:15 Reply

I've decided that SBB gets my vote, cause that dude is helpful, hilarious, open minded when it comes to music, and he's talented and experienced.

Oh hey cool no one voted for me sweeeet
Lashmush
Lashmush
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Musician
Response to Musician Of The Year 2009-02-01 10:55:41 Reply

At 2/1/09 10:35 AM, ZENON wrote: I've decided that SBB gets my vote, cause that dude is helpful, hilarious, open minded when it comes to music, and he's talented and experienced.
Oh hey cool no one voted for me sweeeet

lol, I'll vote for you Zenon. You're quite helpful too and you've submitted like three fucking decades worth of music...

Also, SBB definitely deserves teh gold tank.

Listen to and download Ultima Eternus in MP3 right here on NG or buy the lossless version! Srsly, buy it. >:c

BBS Signature
Stan-SB
Stan-SB
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Musician Of The Year 2009-02-01 12:26:55 Reply

I'm going to nominate someone who virtually no one has heard of but has epic skills
lawrie2
i think he deserves it because his music stand out in a way i cant understand and all of his songs sound totally from the others

Fauster
Fauster
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Musician Of The Year 2009-02-01 14:18:22 Reply

At 2/1/09 01:14 AM, Lashmush wrote: Well... Thats quite dumb actually. In that case, I guess I'll count System of a Down. Hell, they dont submit to newgrounds, but they sure are in alot of flashes, right?

Ya, but System of a Down didn't start their career here. =/

BBS Signature
MrRealz
MrRealz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Musician Of The Year 2009-02-01 21:41:40 Reply

Well it's been a while since I've listened to the music on here (due to absence), but I think I will nominate Kr1z because his music has so much energy, and I don't really hear anything like it for the most part, although some artists have their similarities, but Kr1z defines music in his own way (which is awesome) and I think he has alot of potential. I think he deserves a big shiny tank don't ya think? :-)

-RF

Spikrodd
Spikrodd
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Musician
Response to Musician Of The Year 2009-02-02 07:21:55 Reply

i hate the entire lot of you. >:C

IKONiC
IKONiC
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Musician Of The Year 2009-02-02 19:45:56 Reply

Spk, you know I love you and that your IDM and breakcore is awesome. Just that most people don't understand the awesomeness in DNB and don't appreciate it. :)

BBS Signature
Krank
Krank
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Musician Of The Year 2009-02-02 19:50:24 Reply

At 2/2/09 07:21 AM, Spikrodd wrote: i hate the entire lot of you. >:C

I nominate spkirodd as well. A forum regular and mad genuis behind the hip hop beatz

Spikrodd
Spikrodd
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Musician
Response to Musician Of The Year 2009-02-02 19:51:52 Reply

At 2/2/09 07:50 PM, Bjra wrote:
I nominate spkirodd as well. A forum regular and mad genuis behind the hip hop beatz

I love you.

GoreBastard
GoreBastard
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Musician
Response to Musician Of The Year 2009-02-03 00:35:20 Reply

It's got to be RyeGuyHead, simply because he's under-rated and has been on here for many years indeed.

Liralei
Liralei
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Musician
Response to Musician Of The Year 2009-02-03 01:17:47 Reply

Paradoxphenomena-- the quality of his productions leaves me stunned. Very professional-level stuff, and seldom boring.
Mrmilkcarton-- leaps and bounds over and between genres; always readjusting and experimenting with his own style.
nal1200-- very often experimenting with a variety of styles; constantly innovative. And if you're talking about impact on NG, I don't know what to think if you don't think "Tea and Crumpets" doesn't count. :P
Karco-- His contributions to the community are just as significant as the production progress he's made. Which is very top-notch, although he has to grow into his own style.

That's just off the top of my head.

(professional) singer. songwriter. smartass.
{Facebook} // {Soundcloud}
Latest releases: Optic Echoes // Starclad

Arkez
Arkez
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Musician Of The Year 2009-02-03 03:08:17 Reply

yh i think the nominees should be AxeFx, Nemesis Theory or Stan-SB cause theyve made some awesome songs this year and all other years. except AxeFx cause he only started submitting songs this year but hes made quite a lot for the year and theyre really good

Spikrodd
Spikrodd
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Musician
Response to Musician Of The Year 2009-02-03 03:23:49 Reply

At 2/3/09 03:08 AM, Arkez wrote: yh i think the nominees should be AxeFx, Nemesis Theory or Stan-SB cause theyve made some awesome songs this year and all other years. except AxeFx cause he only started submitting songs this year but hes made quite a lot for the year and theyre really good

to be honest, im surprised no one's nominated axeFX yet. the others... well idk.

EchozAurora
EchozAurora
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Musician
Response to Musician Of The Year 2009-02-03 04:13:23 Reply

At 2/3/09 04:01 AM, ParagonX9 wrote: i ... well um, never won any 'artist of the year' nominee *coughcough*hinthintloljk) ;__;

You should break off that writer's block and make some more musics! =D

*coughcough hint hint lol I'm serious*

;D

Also.. played some of your stuff in mah Radiogrounds set earlier. If you have any new stuff you're working on.. I'd love to broadcast it. Same with any new releases if ya get around to it.

At 1/16/12 03:08 AM, Xyresic wrote: EchozAurora: The SEXY Audio Mod.
Check out soundcloud.com/echozaurora for more recent songs and DJ mixes!

BBS Signature
dem0lecule
dem0lecule
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Musician Of The Year 2009-02-03 19:44:49 Reply

Top five of this year:
Danman87
MaestroRage
F-777
ZooSafari
Kazm0

These are my opinions, because they have the most scores and favorites.

What comes around goes around...

BBS Signature
Anth0n
Anth0n
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Blank Slate
Response to Musician Of The Year 2009-02-03 20:35:13 Reply

At 2/3/09 03:23 AM, Spikrodd wrote:
At 2/3/09 03:08 AM, Arkez wrote: yh i think the nominees should be AxeFx, Nemesis Theory or Stan-SB cause theyve made some awesome songs this year and all other years. except AxeFx cause he only started submitting songs this year but hes made quite a lot for the year and theyre really good
to be honest, im surprised no one's nominated axeFX yet. the others... well idk.

I'll nominate axeFX, forgot about him. He's been on NG longer than it shows, since he used to submit under a different account name for a number of years.

Newest song: Dinosaur Alien
Reviews/comments appreciated!

BBS Signature
NemesisTheory
NemesisTheory
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Audiophile
Response to Musician Of The Year 2009-02-04 08:58:28 Reply

I'd like to nominate these two:

Waterflame,
His music is always really catchy and upbeat, and I'm particularly biased towards Control: Damage... it's so awesome. <3

ParagonX9,
There isn't a song up there that I don't like, and I was blown away by Metropolis, all-round true talent is really on display here, nobody can deny that. :)

BBS Signature
HardcoreCap
HardcoreCap
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Musician Of The Year 2009-02-04 12:59:42 Reply

hopeku - the 30 songs in 30 days has blown me away so far, this artist has been able to produce a wide variety of genres very very well

TMM43 - In my opinion the best trance artist on the site, does a wonderful job and should be submitting tracks to labels rather than this site

xKore - does a great job with electro house and dirty elements of trance....i love those distorted basslines...top quality producer

BBS Signature
RyeGuyHead
RyeGuyHead
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Programmer
Response to Musician Of The Year 2009-02-05 11:55:31 Reply

At 2/3/09 04:01 AM, ParagonX9 wrote: Just to let everyone know; i've been making songs for ng for almost 6 years now,
and i never won any 'artist of the year' nominee.

Sounds like someone is still bitter about losing to me in that MAC a while back...(!)

Like you said, your'e popular enough (if not the most popular artist on this site), do you really need any more recognition? I mean, your songs, and yours alone, used to loop over and over again on the audio front page for fux sake.

When does voting for this end? I need to compile a list myself...

just you wait

FairSquare
FairSquare
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Musician
Response to Musician Of The Year 2009-02-05 15:36:41 Reply

And my vote goes to

dumdumdumdumdumdumdumdumdumdum

Zero123Music!

He makes piano/classic music and he is very good at it.
And piano/classic music pwns all other music, so there you have your winner.
Go spread the word about Zero123Music... and he's ''only'' 13 years old!

No i'll go back to my normal mode.
*Click*

Example of my singing here

BBS Signature
Kannon1
Kannon1
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to Musician Of The Year 2009-02-05 22:09:05 Reply

I would nominate Kannon1 as the Rookie of the Year for 2008. I feel that I did some quality work here. Even though not everyone likes my type of soundz with the digital and spacey effects, I feel I did pretty good. So Im just putting that out there LOL! No but seriously I would say that CTB is my vote for Musician of The Year. I realy like his music and he has my vote al the way!!!

Krank
Krank
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Musician Of The Year 2009-02-05 22:11:58 Reply

At 2/5/09 10:09 PM, Kannon1 wrote: I would nominate Kannon1 as the Rookie of the Year for 2008. I feel that I did some quality work here. Even though not everyone likes my type of soundz with the digital and spacey effects, I feel I did pretty good. So Im just putting that out there LOL! No but seriously I would say that CTB is my vote for Musician of The Year. I realy like his music and he has my vote al the way!!!

You should have done that the third person , then it would have been epic. You only got a slight chuckle talking about yourself in the first person

Kannon1
Kannon1
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to Musician Of The Year 2009-02-05 22:21:37 Reply

Its just because Im that damn good. LOL

Bad-Man-Incorporated
Bad-Man-Incorporated
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Musician
Response to Musician Of The Year 2009-02-06 01:26:52 Reply

I nominate Sorohanro for kicking ass across all the genres, supporting, helping audio artists, providing his own samples/ loops to NG'ers..
I could go on, but then I'd sound like I was kissing his ass.

Thanks for nominating me hippl5. Kick ass.

BBS Signature
Chronamut
Chronamut
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Artist
Response to Musician Of The Year 2009-02-06 14:06:27 Reply

ass kisser :P