00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

willy-k just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Musician Of The Year

11,661 Views | 154 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Musician Of The Year 2009-01-27 18:32:07

Tom Fulp's Post

I'm curious to know who you guys think should be included in the nominees.

Also, should MaestroRage be able to be nominated again this year? Weighty questions, this.

Response to Musician Of The Year 2009-01-27 18:42:40

Disclaimer Doublepost:

Please, please PLEASE for the LOVE OF GOD, do not just post a list of names.

Justify your selections as to why they should be the recipient of a heavy, tank-shaped chunk of metal.

Also, other people may possibly have other opinions which you consider idiotic. Please respect them (or at least flame via PM.)

Response to Musician Of The Year 2009-01-27 18:42:40

At 1/27/09 06:32 PM, SolusLunes wrote: I'm curious to know who you guys think should be included in the nominees.

I say make a thread for votes to be tallied up at, and the countkept on a news post.

Also, should MaestroRage be able to be nominated again this year? Weighty questions, this.

with only 4 submissions, i hope not... srsly.

Response to Musician Of The Year 2009-01-27 18:45:29

At 1/27/09 06:42 PM, Spikrodd wrote:
At 1/27/09 06:32 PM, SolusLunes wrote: I'm curious to know who you guys think should be included in the nominees.
I say make a thread for votes to be tallied up at, and the countkept on a news post.

Good idea. Newspost createbutton GOGOGOGOGO

I will have it up in a very short time.

Response to Musician Of The Year 2009-01-27 18:46:42

DEEJAY IMMUNE!!!

No seriously, though... I think Karco would make a good musician of the year. He's consistently churned out quality songs, and, in my opinion, hasn't generated the fanbase he deserves for music of his quality.

Also, he's one of the few "pro" artists who continues to release on Newgrounds, unlike Pulstate (who posts clips every so often), and someone else who I will not name.

YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE

Response to Musician Of The Year 2009-01-27 18:51:14

Karco isn't a bad nomination. I got my money on Bjra though. He was able to make a name for himself in a small amount of time. His NG fan base is pretty high up. And his music is also pretty damn good.

TdM / Cannibal Brigade / The Silent Minority / NUG Ventrilo Mod

Cyrez Tha War Spawn

BBS Signature

Response to Musician Of The Year 2009-01-27 18:51:40

At 1/27/09 06:46 PM, Nav wrote: and someone else who I will not name.
YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE

OH LAWD WHO COULD IT BE.

Response to Musician Of The Year 2009-01-27 18:59:27

At 1/27/09 06:56 PM, diminitive wrote: My first pick would have to be xKore. Regardless of the fact that he doesn't have very many songs yet, every single one of them is consistently amazing. Right from his first song, to his latest, which is fairly unique in itself if you ask me.

Even though it may seem so, xKore has been on the AP for quite sometime. I believe that's his 2nd account, so he does have a good amount of songs. And even though his songs of 08 were amazing, I feel he falls a bit short to earn the Musician of the Year award because of consistency.

TdM / Cannibal Brigade / The Silent Minority / NUG Ventrilo Mod

Cyrez Tha War Spawn

BBS Signature

Response to Musician Of The Year 2009-01-27 19:11:21

At 1/27/09 06:42 PM, Spikrodd wrote: with only 4 submissions, i hope not... srsly.

I believe those 4 submissions are from 2009, as in January of this year. He's had 36 submissions from 2008, which means he's submitted his fair share of music to the portal over the course of last year.

READ: "A Fear of Great Heights" and other forthcoming adventures right HERE

Signature Picture by: Spartan204

BBS Signature

Response to Musician Of The Year 2009-01-27 19:18:54

I don't think any of you guys deserve it D:

I'm jk lol, I'd probably say something like Karco or something else that follows the crowd

pervokative.bandcamp.com

pervokatively provocative perverted person

Response to Musician Of The Year 2009-01-27 19:20:20

At 1/27/09 06:42 PM, Spikrodd wrote: with only 4 submissions, i hope not... srsly.

I'm pretty sure its for 2008, noob.

At 1/27/09 06:46 PM, Nav wrote: DEEJAY IMMUNE!!!

No seriously, though... I think Karco would make a good musician of the year. He's consistently churned out quality songs, and, in my opinion, hasn't generated the fanbase he deserves for music of his quality.

Also, he's one of the few "pro" artists who continues to release on Newgrounds, unlike Pulstate (who posts clips every so often), and someone else who I will not name.
YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE

I second Karco. Not only that, he's very fan friendly and always willing to extensively help other musicians new and old. Not only does he make fantastic music but he also puts his knowledge to use in his reviews and tutorial-articles, which increases his value as a musician on the NGAP. I think the only thing that goes against his case is that he decided to no longer post his music here and his tracks relatively stay within a few genres (versatility is a +...)

At 1/27/09 06:59 PM, war-spawn wrote:
At 1/27/09 06:56 PM, diminitive wrote: My first pick would have to be xKore. Regardless of the fact that he doesn't have very many songs yet, every single one of them is consistently amazing. Right from his first song, to his latest, which is fairly unique in itself if you ask me.
Even though it may seem so, xKore has been on the AP for quite sometime. I believe that's his 2nd account, so he does have a good amount of songs. And even though his songs of 08 were amazing, I feel he falls a bit short to earn the Musician of the Year award because of consistency.

its actually his third account lulz. he was c4v and obvioustroll before.

BBS Signature

Response to Musician Of The Year 2009-01-27 19:21:00

I think mrmilkcarton should be a nominee. 2008's really been his year. He's always made really original high quality compositions, but recently he's achieved a near professional level of mixing. Overall he's a very dedicated, talented musician.

Response to Musician Of The Year 2009-01-27 19:36:27

Yeah Chron Im with you on RyeGuyHead, ever since he beat me on the NG Themetune MAC in 2007 Ive listened to his songs quite a bit and theyre all at least pretty sweet. Most are awesome. And he does a lot of different styles well.

Hi there my name is not Bill.

BBS Signature

Response to Musician Of The Year 2009-01-27 19:54:23

At 1/27/09 07:45 PM, Bjra wrote:
I could be nominated for best artist, I have built up a pretty sexy group of hardcore fan, made a few very sexy songs, and all relatively in the last year, but the decision is ultimately up to you all here!

But , you still have a pretty good fan base, and your still making fans because of getting top 5s pretty much every week :P So, it would be better if someone else was nominated - the ones who don't really have a fan base at all. I'm not doing this against you, I'm just pointing this out :)

I have really no choice for this year. A lot of artists improved a hell lot in 2008, and so have I (back in my neodrummer account which got hacked). I'm guessing 2008 is a gold year for us NG artists. But my main choice is Mrmilkcarton, where he has created really cool full production trance tracks with fl studio. And now he has moved up to a new program which some pro trance artists use, which is great and will really improve his quality tracks for 2009. =)

Response to Musician Of The Year 2009-01-27 19:56:27

At 1/27/09 07:45 PM, Chronamut wrote:
I also didnt realize hes like a week older than me in ngs seniority - that bastard hahaha

and ya his songs stretch back to 2003 - its nice to see that :)

Ha! Time is such a ninja. But yeah hes got a shitload of tunes; and none of them are shit.

Also, DavidOrr has a real talent for fitting loads into Classical loops. All of his stuff in 2008 is amazing and the ones for Sonny2 really helps to make that game amazing. Although saying that he doesnt write a huge amount of stuff and its all classical.

/discuss

Hi there my name is not Bill.

BBS Signature

Response to Musician Of The Year 2009-01-27 20:04:27

At 1/27/09 08:03 PM, Bjra wrote:
but your missing the fact i could melt the statue down, forge a spear, move to the mountains and hunt my food with said spear

Ha ha, yeah, if all of us on your buddy list decides to 0 instead of 5 your songs xD Jk jk ;)

Response to Musician Of The Year 2009-01-27 21:45:59

BJRA, why would I vote for someone else?

haha. :)

BBS Signature

Response to Musician Of The Year 2009-01-28 00:57:43

Artist of the year would be difficult to say. PianoForte is an amazing pianist, Envy can make sidechaining his bitch, and DaGrahamCraka has some amazing progressive trance. Cornandbeans can make any genre squeal like a piggy, F-777 can make a kickass megamix (and have a sweet ass fucking name.. Jesse Valentine is fucking 1337), and Sp1r1t knows how to express himself through his music. Karco is great, Kr1z give me wet EDM dreams, and the long forgotten tf-ownedyou gave me some nostalgia. Maestrorage gives me raging hard ons with his classical capabilities and DavidOrr for the same reason.

I have no idea, as there are SO many great artists. If I HAD to choose an artist based on overall performance for the year of 2008, i think it would go to Envy. He just popped out of nowhere with his sexy ass sidechaining and his unique melodies.

Just IMO, no one kill me now ;)

-Nate

BBS Signature

Response to Musician Of The Year 2009-01-28 01:15:57

god this is a hard one...

if i had to say........id probly pick Envy or PX9

Response to Musician Of The Year 2009-01-28 01:26:01

At 1/28/09 01:15 AM, SessileNomad wrote: god this is a hard one...

if i had to say........id probly pick Envy or PX9

px9 made ONE song this year.
Envy has ONE awesomemly awesome song
I would have to go with maestrorage or nubbinzownz

Response to Musician Of The Year 2009-01-28 01:28:16

I'm thinking Karco as well. He's always been helpful to members whilst producing top-notch stuff it seems. Definitely deserving of the award.

At 1/16/12 03:08 AM, Xyresic wrote: EchozAurora: The SEXY Audio Mod. (2019 edit lol not anymoar)

Check out soundcloud.com/echozaurora for more recent songs and DJ mixes!

BBS Signature

Response to Musician Of The Year 2009-01-28 01:34:30

At 1/28/09 01:32 AM, diminitive wrote:
At 1/28/09 01:26 AM, SymbolCymbal wrote: px9 made ONE song this year.
Hmmm.. odd... I didn't know you couldn't count?

lol wiseass
i thought mtropolis was the only one he made

Response to Musician Of The Year 2009-01-28 02:15:16

Paragon? He should win it. He does deserve it at least once.

Who'd I'd nominate....
DavidOrr (nothing really needs saying)
MilkMan-Dan (highly underrated)
hania (very good singer in my opinion)
Bjra (great songs, awesome sense of humor)

Response to Musician Of The Year 2009-01-28 04:17:52

I think it'd be a really tough call to nominate just one person to be honest.

"It's alright to be afraid, lord knows I am."

BBS Signature

Response to Musician Of The Year 2009-01-28 05:44:19

Hmm..
Kazm0 did some really impressive things imo!
I vote for him :)

Response to Musician Of The Year 2009-01-28 06:16:38

I'd say Maestro should get it once again. Let's face it, he's really got some serious ninja skills.

And you should probably be more careful with throwing PX9's name around like that. If he gets any more exposure, the universe just might implode on our asses. XD

jk, honestly.

BBS Signature

Response to Musician Of The Year 2009-01-28 09:56:43

I'd like to point out nal1200, who organized the tunecore EP release. Bringing together newgrounds audio artists for profit. A first?

quarl BandCamp

Response to Musician Of The Year 2009-01-28 10:50:02

At 1/28/09 05:44 AM, Kr1z wrote: Hmm..
Kazm0 did some really impressive things imo!
I vote for him :)

I second this. Vote for the Kazmologist!

Response to Musician Of The Year 2009-01-28 11:14:29

I'm amazed at how many people are nominating Trance artists... :/

How about SBB? He's fucking good, and he doesn't make Trance. How about some fucking variation for once?

BBS Signature

Response to Musician Of The Year 2009-01-28 11:21:13

At 1/28/09 11:14 AM, Koriigahn wrote: I'm amazed at how many people are nominating Trance artists... :/

How about SBB? He's fucking good, and he doesn't make Trance. How about some fucking variation for once?

Umm... how about reading the posts? DavidOrr and MaestroRage probably don't count as Trance by any means.

And why so many F-bombs?