New Topic Respond to this Topic
Ninjuku
Ninjuku
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to Resident Evil 5 2009-02-22 21:34:21 Reply

Ok, ok. i can understand a few of the gripes you people are voices. Yes, the controls are clunky. Yes, it isn't the expected form of scary. Yes, Fluffy has far too much health.
Why does this matter.
1. The controls
Okay yes the controls take some getting used to. Don't complain. "But I can't shoot and run..." I know. Ever play Resident Evil 1, 2 or 3? Its the same as its always been. "But the buttons are in the wrong places..." Use a different control scheme, or get used to the one you are using. Its not like every game will have a universal control scheme. You have to adapt. I will concede, however, that movement does not flow like it should. Remember, however, that this is a demo and there is still some time for improvement.
2. Scariness
Really? You can't understand this? No its not a-licker-jumps-through-window-as-zombies -chase-you-through-a-dark-hallway-where-
you-can-hear-weird-noises scary. Its more oh-my-God-look-at-all-those-creatures-wa it-a-minute-look-at-that-guy-holy-crap-I -know-Im-gonna-die scary. This game makes you feel like you WILL dies. Not, oh, I might survive if I do this that and the other, but, how long do I have before I run out of ammo or these guys catch me off guard. No darkness? Really? Is that the only thing thats scary to you? A true horror game can make anything scary. It doesn't need to be pitch black to be scary. Get real guys.
3.Fluffy
Fluffy is just messed up man. Way too much health. This, however, does add to the scariness factor. After encountering one Fluffy, you're bound to s*** your pants the next time you hear the whir of a chainsaw. No joke.
4. Wait and watch
Resident Evil 5 hasn't even come out yet. You know nothing of the story. You have experienced none of the more in-depth features. You just played maybe 15-20 minutes worth of basic gameplay. A sample. A taste. A demo. Don't judge yet. Just wait and see. It just may surprise you.

kirbykiller4
kirbykiller4
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Resident Evil 5 2009-02-22 23:12:09 Reply

At 2/22/09 09:34 PM, Ninjuku wrote: fluffy

What the fuck are you talking about? Is that what the chainsaw guy is called?He's not challenging at all,hell you can run right by him,unlike the chainsaw guy in RE4.

Axeman was way more challenging.

I'm a dragon
BoshansStudios made this awesome sig.
My gamertag is Kirbykiller13,add me,we'll go hard and kill some scrubs.

BBS Signature
LulzCal
LulzCal
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Animator
Response to Resident Evil 5 2009-02-23 02:39:38 Reply

I hated it. I dont know how it could surpass RE4.

| Steam | AMD FX8320 - Asus 7950 - 8GB DDR3 - Asis M5A97 Pro - Xigmatek 750w - 120gb SSD - 1tb HDD - 500gb HDD -

BBS Signature
Ascari23
Ascari23
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Resident Evil 5 2009-02-23 08:22:03 Reply

At 1/26/09 03:02 PM, possum2 wrote: Just downloaded RE5 demo and its GOLD!Cant wait till tha game comes out.Who else is getting it?Does anyone thinks it'll be better than RE4?

yeah i played the RE5 demo and because ive never played any other RE game i think its soo hard but ive heard that its to be the best yet

MasterBalls
MasterBalls
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Resident Evil 5 2009-02-23 10:53:41 Reply

Have to wait till after March 28th (my birthday) to get it, so everyone will be well into it by the time I get it.

But I just want to play it, because one shooting parasite infected ganados in the face with a shotgun rarely gets old, and I want to figure out what the fuck they're doing with the storyline.

And if we run outta bullets? Heh, baby, they're gonna wish we hadn't....

BBS Signature
bigbillybob7
bigbillybob7
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Resident Evil 5 2009-02-23 11:31:42 Reply

Run and shoot at the same time? I dont think so which is dissapointing and fuckking scary when dealin with that boss on the demo.

Ninjuku
Ninjuku
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to Resident Evil 5 2009-02-24 23:17:24 Reply

At 2/23/09 11:31 AM, bigbillybob7 wrote: Run and shoot at the same time? I dont think so which is dissapointing and fuckking scary when dealin with that boss on the demo.

Resident Evil has always had a stop'n'shoot system. Get used to it.

Quinny
Quinny
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Gamer
Response to Resident Evil 5 2009-02-24 23:19:53 Reply

OPM UK gave it 8/10. I'm still definitely getting it though.

TEABAGGIN' AIN'T EASY

English Gents Club | 5th on PS3 Trophy Leaderboard | PSN: KillSwitch_Bob | Sig by Ryan

BBS Signature
Ninjuku
Ninjuku
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to Resident Evil 5 2009-02-24 23:21:48 Reply

At 2/24/09 11:19 PM, BobbaQ wrote: OPM UK gave it 8/10. I'm still definitely getting it though.

i don't get it...
8/10 is good...
Why would that stop you from getting it in any way?

kirbykiller4
kirbykiller4
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Resident Evil 5 2009-02-25 03:37:58 Reply

At 2/24/09 11:21 PM, Ninjuku wrote:
At 2/24/09 11:19 PM, BobbaQ wrote: OPM UK gave it 8/10. I'm still definitely getting it though.
i don't get it...
8/10 is good...
Why would that stop you from getting it in any way?

8/10 is like the lowest score possible for a Triple A game.Plus the 1st party magazines are usually generous with their scores.

I'm a dragon

BBS Signature
tatsumaru7
tatsumaru7
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Animator
Response to Resident Evil 5 2009-02-25 09:57:49 Reply

At 1/26/09 05:13 PM, possum2 wrote: Pfft, the Wii version was way easier. Too much ammo and herbs, aiming was easier, the PRL412 was over-powered, but it was still awesome.

RE5 Wii Edition pl0x
They mite make a wii version but idk.If i see that they are ill let ya know.

Its not comming out on wii, nor will it ever :(

>>> Relationship advice! <<< Follow my Instagram: the_imaginary_boy

PSN I.D. Ninjakilla777Martial Artist club!

BBS Signature
Xavierthewarlord
Xavierthewarlord
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Game Developer
Response to Resident Evil 5 2009-02-25 11:00:09 Reply

At 1/26/09 03:39 PM, possum2 wrote: RE5 is coop online too and thats a plus.......A big plus

RE: Outbreak had Online play.

It suuuuuucked. Bad.

"I do not fear death. I had been dead for billions and billions of years before I was born, and had not suffered the slightest inconvenience from it."

- Mark Twain

BBS Signature
MidnasGaurdian
MidnasGaurdian
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Resident Evil 5 2009-03-02 20:04:16 Reply

At 1/26/09 03:21 PM, possum2 wrote:
At 1/26/09 03:16 PM, ShadowWest wrote: Don't worry you little "I MISS THE OLD RESI'S" guys.

It's still a survival horror at least.
True i actually like how they went with it on RE4 and RE5

True that, i cant wait, my bro preordered the special edition!

scetch00
scetch00
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Resident Evil 5 2009-03-02 20:15:19 Reply

At 2/25/09 11:00 AM, Xavierthewarlord wrote:
At 1/26/09 03:39 PM, possum2 wrote: RE5 is coop online too and thats a plus.......A big plus
RE: Outbreak had Online play.

It suuuuuucked. Bad.

But RE5 online has a great feel, as it's the same shit as 1 player, but you can play with a friend or stranger with voice chat and do things the AI wouldn't do.

BBS Signature
johnathan-wrathborne
johnathan-wrathborne
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 40
Blank Slate
Response to Resident Evil 5 2009-03-02 21:43:10 Reply

I've been an RE fan for 13 years now. way back on the PSX in 1996 this was my fav game, The series has had its ups and downs and usually managed to come out ahead, but I"m done with the series.

After some cluesless jackass posted spoilers from the game (some of which was confirmed by the trailer they released last week), without a spoiler warning, much less posting them in such a manner that it looked like he was just stating what was already known about the game. I was, and am still depressed about what I read.

I'm not going to post any of what he said as its robbed me of the experience of actually playing the game and wondering 'whats going to happen next?' but I am going to say I'm very upset at this.

I felt the choices made here were a slap in the face to myself and the original fans who are responsible for the series getting as far as it has. But then again I guess I'm just an old gamer who still clings to the past.

But in this case I think clinging to the past is still appropriate, Resident evil was alwasy at its best when it was a smaller story focuses on a mansion, or a city, or even an Island.

Even though I didnt care for a lot of the story aspects of RE4, It was done byu Shinji Mikami, the creator of the series and as different as the game was, it still was resident evil in its own way.

Now that Mikami is gone and Capcom has taken over, it doesnt feel right. Soap Opera Anime with explicit violence on a bright sunny day with bad controls(HATE the 360's control scheme) and sluggish characters isnt RE...though the sluggish Character argument does still apply to the older games, but not Part 4 which plays faster than 5..which is a sad fact.

If 13 years ago someone told me there would be a sequel to resident evil, but it takes place in Africa without zombies, and in the middle of a bright sunny day I would have laughed.

But it did happen, and so I'm done with the series, as there isnt anyting left for myself and any of the old old school RE fans here anymore.

Guess it was bound to happen,

An Old School Resident evil fan, 1996-2009.

kirbykiller4
kirbykiller4
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Resident Evil 5 2009-03-02 22:57:56 Reply

At 3/2/09 09:43 PM, johnathan-wrathborne wrote:
An Old School Resident evil fan, 1996-2009.

And nothing of value was lost.

I'm a dragon

BBS Signature
johnathan-wrathborne
johnathan-wrathborne
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 40
Blank Slate
Response to Resident Evil 5 2009-03-03 00:43:10 Reply

I think you can wait a week for the game to come out, play it, beat it before you judge my opinion.

kirbykiller4
kirbykiller4
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Resident Evil 5 2009-03-03 01:35:35 Reply

At 3/3/09 12:43 AM, johnathan-wrathborne wrote: I think you can wait a week for the game to come out, play it, beat it before you judge my opinion.

You should take your own advice.

I'm a dragon

BBS Signature
johnathan-wrathborne
johnathan-wrathborne
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 40
Blank Slate
Response to Resident Evil 5 2009-03-03 01:51:59 Reply

No point in playing the game for the story if the story was already spoiled.

kirbykiller4
kirbykiller4
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Resident Evil 5 2009-03-03 10:49:20 Reply

At 3/3/09 01:51 AM, johnathan-wrathborne wrote: No point in playing the game for the story if the story was already spoiled.

Your logic is so flawed,my god,this isn't indigo prophecy,or phoenix wright,where the only appeal of the game is the story,and what is there in a resident evil game to spoil? Oh my god! That guy died?!ZOMG SPOILERZZZZZZZZZ

I'm a dragon

BBS Signature
Oliver
Oliver
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Melancholy
Response to Resident Evil 5 2009-03-03 11:17:27 Reply

At 1/26/09 03:16 PM, ShadowWest wrote: Don't worry you little "I MISS THE OLD RESI'S" guys.

Because getting chased by africans makes it a horror...

Atleast Wesker is in it again. :)
hansari
hansari
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to Resident Evil 5 2009-03-03 11:26:24 Reply

At 3/3/09 11:17 AM, Lagamuffin wrote:

Because getting chased by africans makes it a horror...

No, what makes it terrifying is when the africans slowly limp towards you as you stand in place with your knees locked, firing your pistol away confidently without any perceived threat of danger...

Seriously, Resident Evil was great when I was 14...but slow zombies aren't scary anymore...just sad. Especially if you can roundhouse kick a pack of them as they come near...

Rallard
Rallard
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Resident Evil 5 2009-03-03 11:30:36 Reply

The only gripe I have with this game is the supposed length. 7 hours? What the fuck?

But I'm getting it regardless. I loved RE4, though I can't say I'm a long time fan, as I've only played the entirety of 2 and small bits of 1 as a kid. Meaning I don't get why people want it to be like the old games, with their shitty controls, shitty camera angles, and slightly scarier environments (the dogs in the windows in RE1 were pretty freaky, I'll admit). Nostalgia... psh.

Co-op with my friend was intense as hell. I've only been able to kill the chainsaw guy solo, with my last sniper bullet, and the axe man wasn't hard at all since you just have to run away from him.

10 DAYS!
Chiklay4
Chiklay4
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Resident Evil 5 2009-03-04 01:58:01 Reply

At 3/3/09 01:51 AM, johnathan-wrathborne wrote: No point in playing the game for the story if the story was already spoiled.

like finding out birdlady is actually jill and shes blond and evil.

Asdf

BBS Signature
Chiklay4
Chiklay4
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Resident Evil 5 2009-03-04 02:07:59 Reply

At 3/4/09 01:58 AM, Chiklay4 wrote:
like finding out birdlady is actually jill and shes blond and evil.

sorry I ment

1.Birdwomen is Jill

2. Jill was killed by Wesker during a BSAA operation in Northern Europe to arrest Spencer.

3.She is revived by Wesker using the same T-Virus prototype that Birkin gave him. Jill is successfully revived but attempts to kill Wesker using her newfound powers, Wesker manages to restrain her and a Plagas parasite is implanted in her to control her.

4.Jill dies(again) after Chris and Sheva remove the Plagas parasite from her.

5.Apparently the T-Virus prototype that Wesker used had another unknown side effect and his mental state begins to deteriorate along with his cell structure.

6.He temporarily subdues it by letting Excella inject him with Uroboros (pic related) but this makes him more mad. He kills Spencer, who is with him in the Tricell secret lab.

7.You will fight Wesker 3 times. The first fight is completley in QTE, The second will be in an air cargo room, and the third is in his Uroboros T-Variant monster form.

8.The final battle is EXTREMELY hard to beat alone, and alot of QTE take place during the fight.

9.Wesker's monster form is a mixture of Leech Queen from RE:0 and the Uroboros tentacle creature, he is very big in size and impossible to kill with the fire arms you have.

10.Wesker is killed by the molten lava from a volcanic explosion.

11.The ending shows that this is the end of Chris's story as he finally avenged his comrades, the final scene is him at Jill's grave saying his final goodbye to her.

12. After the credits roll, the game shows the crater at what used to be Raccoon City, the camera pans to the debris where a deformed hand with an eye on it pops out.

*Spoiler*

Asdf

BBS Signature
36Holla
36Holla
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Filmmaker
Response to Resident Evil 5 2009-03-10 20:03:31 Reply

We last met at the...Spencer Estate. Wasn't it?

Sig by THEJamoke Contributor to PONIES: The Anthology 2 and Anthology 3 Go watch them now!

BBS Signature
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Gamer
Response to Resident Evil 5 2009-03-10 21:44:42 Reply

Resident Evil 5.... they NEED to go back to just the T-virus; The zombies aren't even scary any more. The game is in broad daylight and the environment is composed of a bright color pallet. It is now more of a action game than a survival horror game. Fuck this shit.

Do you see what happens when you find a stranger in the alps?

kirbykiller4
kirbykiller4
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Resident Evil 5 2009-03-10 22:09:54 Reply

At 3/10/09 09:44 PM, 7794 wrote: The game is in broad daylight and the environment is composed of a bright color pallet.

Oh,does darkness still scare you?

I'm a dragon

BBS Signature
36Holla
36Holla
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Filmmaker
Response to Resident Evil 5 2009-03-12 14:08:58 Reply

I would think that you'd be happier to see us.

Us?

So slow to catch on.

Sig by THEJamoke Contributor to PONIES: The Anthology 2 and Anthology 3 Go watch them now!

BBS Signature
TheRipper00
TheRipper00
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Movie Buff
Response to Resident Evil 5 2009-03-12 14:28:16 Reply

At 1/26/09 03:04 PM, SloppyMoe606 wrote: To me, the game series has been going down since RE4 due to the lack of horror and lack of creative enemies. But I guess I'll try it out.

You are retarded. The first real sequal is RE5 so before this game is out and between the last game whitch was a Reinvinted RE it has somehow gone downhill?

RE 1 ,2 ,3 were about a OUTBREAK not something that Umbrella Planned on happining. So they wont let it happen again, In exception to Code Veronica. The enimes in RE4 were infected will Plaugus whitch made them controlable and Formitable enemys.

RE5 they are infected with Rage of some shit we will have to see, that makes them Ultra Aggresive and Controlable. The whole basis is Umbrella is trying to scoure the world and then mix and blend Virus and Plauges and there own creations to make Super Controlable, Ultra Aggressive, Nerealy Indestructable Soliders.

So now that they have moved the Storyline forward and the Enemys just dont slowly drag toward you waiting to die, you dont like it.

Sounds like you need to get better at the Game.

Hitman Crew - Hitman Absolution
Governor of the ZSC
PSN is in my sig or flashing on your screen after I kill you.

BBS Signature