Sabiera
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Sabes Animu Arts Jan. 25th, 2009 @ 09:03 PM Reply

Aye, so I'm not that great.

I can only get better, right?

Please, please, PLEASE no critique, guys. D: I like to improve on my own, and I know some people are only trying to help, but I take critique as an insult. e___e; Especially if it's just something like: "The eyes look funny," and that's it.

Er . . . yeah. -loser-

Sabes Animu Arts

Sabiera
Sabiera
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Sabes Animu Arts Jan. 25th, 2009 @ 09:17 PM Reply

e_____e;; Did this back in November for me buds bday

Sabes Animu Arts

clickflick22
clickflick22
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Sabes Animu Arts Jan. 25th, 2009 @ 09:19 PM Reply

Your wings are fantastic. :O

Sabiera
Sabiera
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Sabes Animu Arts Jan. 25th, 2009 @ 09:22 PM Reply

Wahh thank you! ;A; I'm trying to get better at them haha. <:

Captain
Captain
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Artist
Response to Sabes Animu Arts Jan. 26th, 2009 @ 01:02 AM Reply

i'm really not a fan of anime at all but you do pull it off very well, and i'll have to agree with that other kid, your wings are pretty awesome, i personally don't find wings easy to draw.

and just as a side note, i would try and not be such a big wuss and be willing to take criticism about your art without taking it as an insult :-P

Look at my art!

BBS Signature
Sabiera
Sabiera
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Sabes Animu Arts Jan. 26th, 2009 @ 02:35 AM Reply

Thank you very much! Yeah I have trouble with wings, but I just love to draw them.

Aaaaaha, I know . . . I don't mind critique to a certain extent, but if I say that, then people seem to take it as an invitation to tell me my art stinks.

.D

Sabiera
Sabiera
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Sabes Animu Arts Jan. 26th, 2009 @ 02:36 AM Reply

Here's an oldie, but it's still one of my favorites.

Sabes Animu Arts

Kinsei
Kinsei
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Artist
Response to Sabes Animu Arts Jan. 26th, 2009 @ 02:50 AM Reply

no offense, but asking for no criticism is a bad idea. you should not take it as in insult, and learn to gloss over the ego strokes and the assholes cause they will do you no good.

sadly in my experience, it's the people who think their nothing but hot stuff, are the ones who hate to be told anything about remotely negative about their art.
Any artist who are worth their medium should always be willing to accept a good critic .

Whiskey | The Old | The New | Portal | updated sig thanks to gumby

BBS Signature
CypressDahlia
CypressDahlia
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Sabes Animu Arts Jan. 26th, 2009 @ 04:25 AM Reply

At 1/26/09 02:50 AM, Kinsei01 wrote:

:good critic .

It's rare around here.

Sabiera
Sabiera
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Sabes Animu Arts Jan. 26th, 2009 @ 04:41 AM Reply

Haha.

So I say not to critique my art . . .

so everyone critiques ME for saying that

Great.

redenvy
redenvy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Gamer
Response to Sabes Animu Arts Jan. 26th, 2009 @ 05:24 AM Reply

At 1/26/09 04:41 AM, Sabiera wrote:
So I say not to critique my art . . .

Which is fine to a degree, but taking it as an insult- you have self esteem issues.

so everyone critiques ME for saying that

Because there are those who do have a degree of knowledge that can help you improve your art. Self improvement is so biased and one sided. I know I have commented on certain works saying I don't want a critique. However, overall you don't want ANY critiques? That is seriously skewed. You are just asking for some major ass kissing. That is something newgrounds is definately not good at. You say you don't want critique because you want to do it on your own, okay I can see that. But why bother posting pictures here? From my point of view now, you just want us to pet your ego, honestly get out if you are going to be offended by people trying to help you. Why bother posting anything at all if you can't bear to face the facts. Your art isn't perfect, nor is mine. Critiques can become the most valuable thing, due to the fact it improves art- not the ass kissing. Get your self straight.

Kinsei
Kinsei
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Artist
Response to Sabes Animu Arts Jan. 26th, 2009 @ 01:09 PM Reply

Because there are those who do have a degree of knowledge that can help you improve your art. Self improvement is so biased and one sided. I know I have commented on certain works saying I don't want a critique. However, overall you don't want ANY critiques? That is seriously skewed. You are just asking for some major ass kissing. That is something newgrounds is definately not good at. You say you don't want critique because you want to do it on your own, okay I can see that. But why bother posting pictures here? From my point of view now, you just want us to pet your ego, honestly get out if you are going to be offended by people trying to help you. Why bother posting anything at all if you can't bear to face the facts. Your art isn't perfect, nor is mine. Critiques can become the most valuable thing, due to the fact it improves art- not the ass kissing. Get your self straight.

you put it perfectly, an ego stroke is the worse thing a piece of art can receive, it lures the artist in to a false sense of security. Sure every artist needs a little ego, it tells him that he can do the projects and do them well, but when you get over confidant you start to lose your self. it happens all the time. I just got back from working a booth at ComiCon here in Phoenix, and I asked dozens and dozens of attendees if they were artist so I've had to deal with this for four days.

Whiskey | The Old | The New | Portal | updated sig thanks to gumby

BBS Signature
daftcrunk
daftcrunk
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Writer
Response to Sabes Animu Arts Jan. 26th, 2009 @ 02:40 PM Reply

your first pic looks good...great colors....looks like something out of an anime art book....r u a serious artist?....cuz no critisism = no growth

http://afilthycomic.thecomicseries.com/

Tetsuooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!"

BBS Signature
Sabiera
Sabiera
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Bakasaka
Bakasaka
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Sabes Animu Arts Jan. 26th, 2009 @ 03:46 PM Reply

Got bored today and was watching The good the bad and the ugly and decided i've never drawn a Charater from a western so... here it is :) Gotta do a B.G. now... Pfft ;D

Sabes Animu Arts

daftcrunk
daftcrunk
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Writer
Response to Sabes Animu Arts Jan. 26th, 2009 @ 04:05 PM Reply

At 1/26/09 03:31 PM, Sabiera wrote: Oh my god Dx

No growth. Sure.

This is shit I did only last year. If you're telling me I haven't improved, then shoot me now.

actually looks the same as the new stuff....lol...

http://afilthycomic.thecomicseries.com/

Tetsuooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!"

BBS Signature
Captain
Captain
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Artist
Response to Sabes Animu Arts Jan. 26th, 2009 @ 08:55 PM Reply

hes sabes don't get upset, but critique is a very valuable and essential part to growth, sometimes the best ideas on how to make a piece better come from someone who isn't you.

I don't agree that you can't grow without outside help, but if you really want to flourish i'd take all the critique you can, trust me it's one of the most helpful things in the world, and what sucks is if your good at what you do (which you are) then it won't be easy to get good constructive crit all the time, alot of it will just be ego strokes and whatnot. And if someone badmouths one of your works, find out why and improve on it, if they don't give a good reason than their an idiot and just ignore it.

I personally love it when someone absolutely tears a piece of my art apart in a critique, well it sucks because they didn't like it, but it's the best way to figure what you need to work on. :-)

Look at my art!

BBS Signature