Be a Supporter!

Heath Ledger Doesn't deserve oscar

  • 2,485 Views
  • 96 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
JohnnyWang
JohnnyWang
  • Member since: May. 21, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to Heath Ledger Doesn't deserve oscar 2009-01-24 15:34:01 Reply

At 1/24/09 03:29 PM, MilestoneRazor wrote: He did an average performance,

Opinion.

if he didn't die it wouldn't have mattered.

Opinion.

it's not.

Opinion.

godfather

Overrated (opinion)


I don't take revenue from my profile.
TV Tropes Wiki

BBS Signature
AlmightyHans
AlmightyHans
  • Member since: Aug. 6, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 11
Filmmaker
Response to Heath Ledger Doesn't deserve oscar 2009-01-24 15:34:54 Reply

i agree, he doesn't. as much as i like the guy, giving an award is an illusion of being noble. if anything he'd probably roll in his grave if he wins that award.


BBS Signature
AppleCanuk
AppleCanuk
  • Member since: Jan. 1, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Heath Ledger Doesn't deserve oscar 2009-01-24 15:36:44 Reply

Oh, we shall see.


BBS Signature
AlmightyHans
AlmightyHans
  • Member since: Aug. 6, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 11
Filmmaker
Response to Heath Ledger Doesn't deserve oscar 2009-01-24 15:37:35 Reply

also, his performance was good no doubt, but not oscar worthy.


BBS Signature
sirtom93
sirtom93
  • Member since: Dec. 22, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to Heath Ledger Doesn't deserve oscar 2009-01-24 15:38:10 Reply

I never watch the oscars anyway.

JohnnyWang
JohnnyWang
  • Member since: May. 21, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to Heath Ledger Doesn't deserve oscar 2009-01-24 15:39:52 Reply

At 1/24/09 03:34 PM, AlmightyHans wrote: i agree, he doesn't. as much as i like the guy, giving an award is an illusion of being noble. if anything he'd probably roll in his grave if he wins that award.

Actors have died before. Loads of them have died. If every major actior that died were given an Oscar for the "illusion of being noble", there probably wouldn't be room for live actors in the contest (and possibly suicide rates with movie starts would go up).

I mean,t he oscars haven't even been awarded yet, why are you all acting as it is already a fact and automatic? If he gets it, it'll be the same reason he was nominated, the Oscar committe thought his perfomance was worth it.


I don't take revenue from my profile.
TV Tropes Wiki

BBS Signature
MilestoneRazor
MilestoneRazor
  • Member since: Jul. 27, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Heath Ledger Doesn't deserve oscar 2009-01-24 15:40:01 Reply

At 1/24/09 03:34 PM, JohnnyWang wrote:
At 1/24/09 03:29 PM, MilestoneRazor wrote: He did an average performance,
Opinion.

True.

if he didn't die it wouldn't have mattered.
Opinion.

True.

it's not.
Opinion.

Fuck you

godfather
Overrated (opinion)

GTFO MY INTERWEBS


BBS Signature
JohnnyWang
JohnnyWang
  • Member since: May. 21, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to Heath Ledger Doesn't deserve oscar 2009-01-24 15:45:56 Reply

At 1/24/09 03:40 PM, MilestoneRazor wrote:
At 1/24/09 03:34 PM, JohnnyWang wrote: Opinion.
Fuck you

So, it's in no way possible, that The Dark Knight is the best movie someone has ever seen? Even if the only other movies the person has seen were Kangaroo Jack and Gay Ni**ers From Outer Space?

Overrated (opinion)
GTFO MY INTERWEBS

Gee, I like movies that don't take ages to get to the point. Cinematography as an artform moves on, accept it. I mean, stuff like A Fistfull of Dollars or M are pretty neat, but they wouldn't just make the cut today.


I don't take revenue from my profile.
TV Tropes Wiki

BBS Signature
Boxxy
Boxxy
  • Member since: May. 18, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Heath Ledger Doesn't deserve oscar 2009-01-24 15:47:19 Reply

I have lost faith in humanity.


The Saiyans are a true ham and cheese sandwich, DON'T UNDERESTOMATO!

RocketFetus
RocketFetus
  • Member since: Dec. 22, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to Heath Ledger Doesn't deserve oscar 2009-01-24 15:47:33 Reply

At 1/24/09 01:14 PM, TheSouthernTower wrote: I stand by this. He played the joker for Christ's sake. He wasn't that good, and the only reason he's getting nominated is because hes dead. If he wins, i am never watching the oscars again.

sounds like you have the sahara in you're gaping vagina


also, dicks.

AppleCanuk
AppleCanuk
  • Member since: Jan. 1, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Heath Ledger Doesn't deserve oscar 2009-01-24 15:49:25 Reply

We should nominate someone like Dane Cook instead. His performance and acting style is much more incredible and believable.

Such a funneh guy!


BBS Signature
RocketFetus
RocketFetus
  • Member since: Dec. 22, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to Heath Ledger Doesn't deserve oscar 2009-01-24 15:51:22 Reply

At 1/24/09 03:49 PM, AppleCanuk wrote: We should nominate someone like Dane Cook instead. His performance and acting style is much more incredible and believable.

Such a funneh guy!

LAUGH AT ME I AM ON A CHAIR LAUGH LAUGH AHAHA I MADE A FUNNY AND NOW I AM ACTING LIKE A BIRD LAUGH WITH ME NOW

Heath Ledger Doesn't deserve oscar


also, dicks.

JohnnyWang
JohnnyWang
  • Member since: May. 21, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to Heath Ledger Doesn't deserve oscar 2009-01-24 15:56:03 Reply

At 1/24/09 03:49 PM, AppleCanuk wrote: We should nominate someone like Dane Cook instead. His performance and acting style is much more incredible and believable.

Has he even been in movies? Because, you know, they're movie awards...

And no, he's a pillock.


I don't take revenue from my profile.
TV Tropes Wiki

BBS Signature
RacistBassist
RacistBassist
  • Member since: Jun. 14, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Melancholy
Response to Heath Ledger Doesn't deserve oscar 2009-01-24 15:56:23 Reply

At 1/24/09 01:14 PM, TheSouthernTower wrote: I stand by this. He played the joker for Christ's sake. He wasn't that good, and the only reason he's getting nominated is because hes dead. If he wins, i am never watching the oscars again.

HE SHOULDN'T GET AN OSCAR BECAUSE MY OPINION DISAGREES WITH OTHERS


All the cool kids have signature text

BBS Signature
Gein
Gein
  • Member since: Feb. 17, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Audiophile
Response to Heath Ledger Doesn't deserve oscar 2009-01-24 15:58:26 Reply

Better acting than batman, you gotta admit.

hhcash
hhcash
  • Member since: Mar. 23, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Heath Ledger Doesn't deserve oscar 2009-01-24 15:58:40 Reply

I agree, Robert Downey Jr. should win.


eh.

BBS Signature
RiuTenshin
RiuTenshin
  • Member since: Sep. 5, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Melancholy
Response to Heath Ledger Doesn't deserve oscar 2009-01-24 16:03:09 Reply

I agree with the OP

Although I don't watch the oscars.

Heath Ledger did a good job, but it WASNT THAT FUCKING GREAT. Or possibly I'm in an alternate universe where every praises Ledger. Ah well, I have to finish hiding the weed...


i dont give a fuck a million dollars im a samurai

BBS Signature
Diglet
Diglet
  • Member since: Jul. 24, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Heath Ledger Doesn't deserve oscar 2009-01-24 16:04:53 Reply

I didnt even know you rednecks could afford tv's.

Obvious-M
Obvious-M
  • Member since: Dec. 4, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to Heath Ledger Doesn't deserve oscar 2009-01-24 16:05:12 Reply

I really like 10 reasons why I love you.

Still can't believe such a badass is dead. :(

Gamertag- MarshallxDav | Steam ID- Eshneh | LastFM- MarshallNPK

BBS Signature
Obvious-M
Obvious-M
  • Member since: Dec. 4, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to Heath Ledger Doesn't deserve oscar 2009-01-24 16:05:12 Reply

I really like 10 reasons why I love you.

Still can't believe such a badass is dead. :(

Gamertag- MarshallxDav | Steam ID- Eshneh | LastFM- MarshallNPK

BBS Signature
chris4322
chris4322
  • Member since: Oct. 2, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Heath Ledger Doesn't deserve oscar 2009-01-24 16:14:09 Reply

At 1/24/09 01:14 PM, TheSouthernTower wrote: I stand by this. He played the joker for Christ's sake. He wasn't that good, and the only reason he's getting nominated is because hes dead. If he wins, i am never watching the oscars again.

Successful troll is Successful.


Xbox live: Igotsniped119

Gendo
Gendo
  • Member since: Aug. 29, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Heath Ledger Doesn't deserve oscar 2009-01-24 16:23:12 Reply

God, so sick of this shit.

Ledger was a critical darling long before his death, there's a great chance he'd have been nominated anyway.

BonusStage
BonusStage
  • Member since: Apr. 20, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 40
Blank Slate
Response to Heath Ledger Doesn't deserve oscar 2009-01-24 16:32:10 Reply

He played the part ridiculously well you fuck.

Yes, he's dead, GG.

Does that make the fact that the new age trilogy that COULD'VE BEEN BATMAN is now ruined because he's dead BECAUSE HE PLAYED THE PART SO GOD DAMN WELL?!!!!!!!!?!?!?

yes :|
:'(
:[


The Truth.
but seriously why is this shit still only 3 lines shit used to be 5 lines, HOW MUCH MORE FUCKIN BANDWIDTH WAS THAT TOM, HOW MUCH? Also, hot rosalina porn link ;D

BBS Signature
AmazingTheNinja
AmazingTheNinja
  • Member since: Oct. 5, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Heath Ledger Doesn't deserve oscar 2009-01-24 17:02:03 Reply

At 1/24/09 01:17 PM, Mark618 wrote: who the fuck watches those things anyway. go fucking cry about people who dont know you or give a shit about you, but u care so much about them? fuck that get a life

You're the coolest person in the world.


Schmuck.

BBS Signature
DynTravi
DynTravi
  • Member since: May. 18, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Heath Ledger Doesn't deserve oscar 2009-01-24 17:03:44 Reply

Who cares. Your not getting an Oscar are you.


Double the Mega Power! ! ! Xbox Gamertags: Taylor Bodin
Dyn= Love without condems.
-Email Me-

BBS Signature
jack231
jack231
  • Member since: Sep. 2, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Heath Ledger Doesn't deserve oscar 2009-01-24 17:05:19 Reply

At 1/24/09 01:23 PM, mranarchy wrote: Superior.

i disagree.

:oh he is such a PIMP.

Heath Ledger Doesn't deserve oscar


PRICES SO LOW, WE'RE THROWING THEM OUT THE WINDOW!

BBS Signature
Donut
Donut
  • Member since: Jul. 16, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 22
Programmer
Response to Heath Ledger Doesn't deserve oscar 2009-01-24 17:06:59 Reply

I actually thought he was great in Dark Knight, your opinion doesnt apply to everyone


Proud supporter of Asian prostitutes in need.
PSN ID:Peegler
Steam ID:Donut

BBS Signature
Frenzy
Frenzy
  • Member since: Nov. 23, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 31
Blank Slate
Response to Heath Ledger Doesn't deserve oscar 2009-01-24 17:14:23 Reply

His acting was amazing. In fact, everyone in the movie did an amazing job.

TheSouthernTower
TheSouthernTower
  • Member since: Sep. 17, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 27
Gamer
Response to Heath Ledger Doesn't deserve oscar 2009-01-24 20:40:49 Reply

To respond to the idiots while i have been away, yes i am VERY down with Hollywood, i hate Dane Cook, and yes i can afford a tv. a very nice one at that. thank you, and fuck all of you.

greensucksbluerules
greensucksbluerules
  • Member since: Mar. 6, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 50
Movie Buff
Response to Heath Ledger Doesn't deserve oscar 2009-01-24 20:43:48 Reply

Heath Ledger is overrated.

thread

Sig by chris-092

BBS Signature