00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

CdmollerV1 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Audio Forum Lounge

1,772,898 Views | 34,293 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-05-31 07:44:01

Yo yo, remember cornandbeans? He teamed up with Excision and Downlink under the alias Space Laces to create Destroid, an epic dubstep album. And now they're holding a remix contest for it on Beatport! NG represent!

hurr

[Hidden Audio Gems]

SoundCloud || YouTube || Facebook

PM me for constructive reviews, collaborations or commissions!

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-05-31 10:45:48

jfc my latest submission has been zero-bombed for, like, 25+ votes
what in the fuck

Bandcamp | Ko-Fi | John Wall of Sound's Bandcamp

one of these days i'll have a proper website lmao

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-05-31 10:52:54

At 5/31/13 10:45 AM, Yoshiii343 wrote: jfc my latest submission has been zero-bombed for, like, 25+ votes
what in the fuck

Daaaamn, son, you got hit HARD. I'll give a helping hand, but that pretty much killed your song, not much I can really do else than use my measly voting powers on it...

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-05-31 11:19:03

At 5/31/13 10:52 AM, camoshark wrote: Daaaamn, son, you got hit HARD. I'll give a helping hand, but that pretty much killed your song, not much I can really do else than use my measly voting powers on it...

And I'm not the only one, it seems.

From the audio page:
I give up! This is the 3rd time i've posted this song all with the same results. I didn't even know it was possible to receive 28 zerobombs in less than 10 minutes. No other people are having this problem that I know of.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-05-31 12:57:44

Cathode Raybots

I think I have just contributed to about 1,000 of those 225,634 views in the past hour.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-05-31 21:00:20

At 5/31/13 07:44 AM, LiquidOoze wrote: destroid remix contest

yea im working on mine

its too bad its literally their worst track :S; hard to remix a song with literall no theme

also from the recent pics theyve put up it seems like space laces isnt playing on stage, pretty weird.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-05-31 21:04:13

yea im working on mine

its too bad its literally their worst track :S; hard to remix a song with literall no theme

also from the recent pics theyve put up it seems like space laces isnt playing on stage, pretty weird.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-05-31 21:16:07

At 5/31/13 09:04 PM, jpbear wrote:
yea im working on mine

one job bear. one job.

lel

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-05-31 23:21:35

The General Forum

makes me want to die a little

so much ignorance...ignorance everywhere

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-05-31 23:58:38

Oh man, just had a bat fly into my room about half an hour ago. Took me that long to get the damn thing out. Me and my mom eventually ended up catching it and taking a few photos.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-06-01 00:10:16

At 5/31/13 11:58 PM, SineRider wrote: Oh man, just had a bat fly into my room about half an hour ago. Took me that long to get the damn thing out. Me and my mom eventually ended up catching it and taking a few photos.

My brother had one in his room one time. The high pitched sound they make is pretty creepy :O
Judging from those pictures, that is a not so happy bat.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-06-01 00:15:00

At 5/31/13 11:49 PM, Braiton wrote:
At 5/31/13 11:21 PM, alternativesolution wrote:
so much ignorance...ignorance everywhere
uhhhh...I wouldn't call it "ignorance" just yet.

Granted, half. Maybe even 25%. Trolling then? at 75%.
Maybe.

At 5/31/13 11:58 PM, SineRider wrote: Oh man, just had a bat fly into my room about half an hour ago. Took me that long to get the damn thing out. Me and my mom eventually ended up catching it and taking a few photos.

Holy shit! I've never had a bat fly into my home before.. :O

it's kind of cute looking

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-06-01 00:16:46

At 6/1/13 12:10 AM, FairSquare wrote: My brother had one in his room one time. The high pitched sound they make is pretty creepy :O

haha man the hissing is so fucking creepy. I let it go pretty fast cuz like you said, it was not happy

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-06-01 00:26:01

At 6/1/13 12:16 AM, SineRider wrote:
At 6/1/13 12:10 AM, FairSquare wrote: My brother had one in his room one time. The high pitched sound they make is pretty creepy :O
haha man the hissing is so fucking creepy. I let it go pretty fast cuz like you said, it was not happy

Good. You won't like it when he's too angry :O
I've actually had two direct confrontations with bats. One in which a classmate was bitten. And one with my brother, like i said. He was in the hall and we were both hiding in my room :'D
After time we'd open the door of my room, he'd come flying straight at us, so we decided that we weren't going into the hallway of batdoom.
I had a computer in my room, so we googled what we could do best to capture it. But we were both too scared of the damned thing to actually take action, haha.

At one point we opened the door and it just stayed in the corner of the hall. We sprinted past it, flew down the stairs and shut the door behind us.
A friend of mine arrived (not especially for the bat or something :O) and i told him what was going on.
So, he grabbed a net, walked up the stairs, caught it in a couple of minutes and let it fly through a window.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-06-01 00:49:34

At 6/1/13 12:45 AM, Braiton wrote:
Fun fact: They'd die if it weren't for those high pitched noises.

Yeah, i know how bats work, with their ''i scream before i hit the wall so i don't hit the wall'' tactics.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-06-01 01:07:50

At 5/31/13 11:19 AM, Yoshiii343 wrote:
At 5/31/13 10:52 AM, camoshark wrote: Daaaamn, son, you got hit HARD. I'll give a helping hand, but that pretty much killed your song, not much I can really do else than use my measly voting powers on it...
And I'm not the only one, it seems.

From the audio page:
I give up! This is the 3rd time i've posted this song all with the same results. I didn't even know it was possible to receive 28 zerobombs in less than 10 minutes. No other people are having this problem that I know of.

Welp, seems like we've got ourselves a blambot. I've just been affected myself by it with my latest track, having been bombarded with 25 consecutive and simultaneous 0's. Do we have any way to identify the bot and eliminate it, or do we sort of have to deal with such a blatantly abusive thing ravaging the portal?

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-06-01 01:46:08

At 6/1/13 01:07 AM, camoshark wrote: Do we have any way to identify the bot and eliminate it, or do we sort of have to deal with such a blatantly abusive thing ravaging the portal?

I don't think this guy is aiming at anyone in a particular genre...

I was in DnB, the prev. link was in Dance, and yours in Jazz

...so, I'm out of leads.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-06-01 02:38:01

So my motherboard just died.

Right as I started summer holidays and could write music.

fuck.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-06-01 08:25:27

guess what I found. Old music from when I was 8-10 years old :3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=suURWXsqaHY

seriously. after a 6 month break from really making tunes, my old self inspired me and reminded me that I actually knew what I was doing from such a young age.

Also, I know how old I was from the dates of the file in the program. There are a few others, but I'll probably be uploading only a couple of them.

lel

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-06-01 10:39:03

At 6/1/13 08:25 AM, Sequenced wrote: guess what I found. Old music from when I was 8-10 years old :3

That's cute :3

My keyboard was my best friend at that age. I was kind of dumb about software and stuff (still was, 7 years later..), so I basically kept the tunes in my head for the past like 12 years.. and I kept playing them every now and then so I wouldn't forget. I began to learn music theory a few years after that, yet for some reason I never bothered to write down the notes :o So I've still got them all memorized. I should probably put those tunes to good use soon... :P

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-06-01 12:00:23

At 6/1/13 08:25 AM, Sequenced wrote: guess what I found. Old music from when I was 8-10 years old :3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=suURWXsqaHY

Haha cool, you made me break out my old DS with the Korg synth to listen to my old tracks I made on it!

At 6/1/13 02:38 AM, Echo wrote: So my motherboard just died.

You know people wrote music before there were computers ;)

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-06-01 22:28:07

Yes. Been testing out a few things with fl studio 11 and now I finally learned how to properly mix the kick and bass for Trance.

Really weird how when you take a few months off from music, you improve drastically without even doing anything trolololol

lel

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-06-02 13:07:59

At 6/1/13 02:38 AM, Echo wrote: So my motherboard just died.

fuck.

I kind of know that feel. My house was recently struck by lightning and my computer and everything connected to it got toasted, along with my keyboard, amp, the lights in my room, and my router.

I don't know what to do about it.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-06-03 01:18:46

At 6/2/13 01:07 PM, SuperBastard wrote:
I don't know what to do about it.

This.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-06-03 01:54:04

Jealousy?

Since my original post ended up being way too long, let me just paraphrase. I've been making music for a while, and aspire to be a producer one day. My friend also makes music (has been for a shorter time than me), but does it as a hobby, as his main goal's to be a doctor. He sent me a track he made a while ago to get my opinion, and it's pretty damn good, in my opinion. What gets to me is that he can make the type of music I want to make. I struggle to make the stuff he can make. It's actually starting to anger me because he's doing what I want to one day do as a living as a hobby, and he's doing in so nonchalantly, and I basically sit here in jealousy about it. I'll still work on improving myself and getting to where I want to be, but I'll be honest, seeing my friend do what I want to do in the future because it's a passion of mine as a HOBBY, and do it better than I can in a shorter amount of time just irks me.

Is there anything I can really do to help with this? Is it just a matter of me hunkering down, putting my nose to the grindstone, and continuing trying to improve? I don't know, this whole situation just kind of puts me down, and I don't want to lash out at him for doing well.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-06-03 02:12:24

At 6/3/13 01:54 AM, ToxInjection wrote: Is there anything I can really do to help with this? Is it just a matter of me hunkering down, putting my nose to the grindstone, and continuing trying to improve? I don't know, this whole situation just kind of puts me down, and I don't want to lash out at him for doing well.

Yes. Lashing out at him would be understandable, but wrong. I've felt like that before with my visual art skills, as a kid... did not end well. And guess what? Although we are no longer friends... I've improved! I liked doing what I did so much, and just never stopped. Continue to do what you think is best, because I think the answer is clear.

So, I feel for you, but I think you just answered yourself, mate. You know what to do..

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-06-03 02:35:58

At 6/3/13 01:54 AM, ToxInjection wrote: Jealousy?

I've had this exact situation happen to me, except the roles were reversed... my "best friend" throughout highschool turned out to be horrendously jealous of me because I was capable of playing guitar/bass and writing my own music, and one day, they flipped out at me in a jealous fit putting me down and shit.

And you know what happened? I said, "Have a nice life" and walked away. I stopped talking to them, and about 4-5 months later, they sent me a message on a social networking site I was on at the time begging for me to give them another chance. So, whatever, I went out with them, they explained that they were just really jealous and couldn't stand to see me doing something they wanted to do but "couldn't".

I was like, "whatever, don't do it again". And we were friends again (Until about a year after that when they threw another fit over something else and I got fed up with it and threw them to the curb and haven't spoken to them since).

Moral of the story?
Don't lash out at them for being better at you at something, it's not like they're better at it just to spite you, maybe they've just put more focused effort on that particular writing style, or maybe they're one of those lucky "naturally talented" people.
You can talk to them about it, just don't make them into the bad guy.

Audio/BBS Mod

News: Bye bye Skype - Music: Tonight Will Be The Night- Art: Kira

\/\/\/ Click the sig for fun times! \/\/\/

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-06-03 03:28:29

Teaching FL

Echo and I have been hired to teach FL Studio to three different classes of children, three days from now. We're allocated 1 hour 20 minutes for each class and in that time period we need to teach each class enough of the right things to get them started on the software and interested in pursuing a hobby making music.

Any ideas on how we can do that?

Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54 | I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-06-03 03:48:19

At 6/3/13 03:28 AM, Step wrote: Teaching FL

Echo and I have been hired to teach FL Studio to three different classes of children, three days from now. We're allocated 1 hour 20 minutes for each class and in that time period we need to teach each class enough of the right things to get them started on the software and interested in pursuing a hobby making music.

"Good morning class. Today we're going to learn how to make.... DUBSTEP!"

*Cue lights, lasers and epic wub wubs*

Audio/BBS Mod

News: Bye bye Skype - Music: Tonight Will Be The Night- Art: Kira

\/\/\/ Click the sig for fun times! \/\/\/

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-06-03 05:04:19

At 6/3/13 03:48 AM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote:
At 6/3/13 03:28 AM, Step wrote: Teaching FL

"Good morning class. Today we're going to learn how to make.... DUBSTEP!"

*Cue lights, lasers and epic wub wubs*

Sounds absolutely legit, but please... Don't teach them how to do classical or cinematic music, we don't need any more Bosa, or ten. :P

Hello thar ;)

BBS Signature