Braiton
Braiton
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Aug. 14th, 2012 @ 04:16 PM Reply

At 8/14/12 02:43 PM, HyperTrough wrote:
At 8/9/12 07:42 PM, Braiton wrote: How long before the conversation deviates to penises?
PENIS PENIS PENIS

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

It took around 5 days and 5 hours. Great.

HyperTrough
HyperTrough
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Aug. 14th, 2012 @ 08:13 PM Reply

At 8/14/12 04:16 PM, Braiton wrote: It took around 5 days and 5 hours. Great.

Where's my medal?!

lol fuk u

Trampzy
Trampzy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Audiophile
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Aug. 14th, 2012 @ 10:06 PM Reply

Is it really clock day tomorrow? If it really is I'm not gonna log on to NG until next week and hope it's all gone by then.. even though I know it won't. Clock day is the worst day of the year.

Braiton
Braiton
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Aug. 14th, 2012 @ 10:29 PM Reply

At 8/14/12 08:13 PM, HyperTrough wrote:
At 8/14/12 04:16 PM, Braiton wrote: It took around 5 days and 5 hours. Great.
Where's my medal?!

No. No medal for you. You need to train harder.

jpbear
jpbear
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Aug. 14th, 2012 @ 11:21 PM Reply

my internet is so bad i cant even listen to a song on NG.

fuckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

FatKidWitAJetPak
FatKidWitAJetPak
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Aug. 15th, 2012 @ 12:19 AM Reply

HAPPY COCK DAY EVERYBODY

This brings back memories of my flash days... Ahh the memories.

• Life in the Portal: Clock
    Life in the Portal: Clock by ebolaworld

Ry submits a cartoon on Clock Day.

Score
    4.28 / 5.00
    Type
    Movie
    Popularity
    Rated
    Ages 13+

jpbear
jpbear
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Aug. 15th, 2012 @ 09:13 PM Reply

the two girls i had quasi realtionships with before leaving for summer vacation are now ignoring me 0.o

they happened to go to the dominican republic together for some service work in the same program, freak coincidence.

not good

Thegluestickman
Thegluestickman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Game Developer
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Aug. 15th, 2012 @ 09:30 PM Reply

At 8/15/12 09:13 PM, jpbear wrote: the two girls i had quasi realtionships with before leaving for summer vacation are now ignoring me 0.o

they happened to go to the dominican republic together for some service work in the same program, freak coincidence.

not good

You're probably fucked man.

To protect the world from devastation.
kidd25 is the best Newgrounder ever.

BBS Signature
jpbear
jpbear
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Aug. 16th, 2012 @ 01:42 AM Reply

shit

The Audio Forum Lounge

BrokenDeck
BrokenDeck
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 39
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Aug. 16th, 2012 @ 02:00 AM Reply

At 8/16/12 01:42 AM, jpbear wrote: shit

Stop stabbing pencils into your ear!

krssvr
krssvr
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Audiophile
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Aug. 16th, 2012 @ 03:47 AM Reply

At 8/16/12 02:00 AM, BrokenDeck wrote:
At 8/16/12 01:42 AM, jpbear wrote: shit
Stop stabbing pencils into your ear!

Hey brokendeck how did you get eastwest play libraries working on kontakt, i think you mentioned that once before and I've been trying to figure out how.

Play is such a memory hog (Kontakt is too, but is not in comparison)

"I want to care but I just... don't" -Me
Need somewhere to host audio instantly?

BBS Signature
BrokenDeck
BrokenDeck
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 39
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Aug. 16th, 2012 @ 04:02 AM Reply

At 8/16/12 03:47 AM, krssvr wrote:
Hey brokendeck how did you get eastwest play libraries working on kontakt, i think you mentioned that once before and I've been trying to figure out how.

This only works if you have the old Kompakt Player version of EWQL Sym Gold.

sorohanro
sorohanro
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 28
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Aug. 16th, 2012 @ 01:49 PM Reply

Old Stuff
I just found back home a cassette with my old band from the 90s!!! We recorded a track at a local radio station.
There is huge noise, mixed like crap but at least the music is... is... old and soooo naive.

jarrydn
jarrydn
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Artist
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Aug. 16th, 2012 @ 03:04 PM Reply

At 8/16/12 01:49 PM, sorohanro wrote: at least the music is... is... old and soooo naive.

but with a surprising amount of brilliant ideas, yes?

sorohanro
sorohanro
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 28
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Aug. 16th, 2012 @ 03:06 PM Reply

At 8/16/12 03:04 PM, jarrydn wrote:
At 8/16/12 01:49 PM, sorohanro wrote: at least the music is... is... old and soooo naive.
but with a surprising amount of brilliant ideas, yes?

You overestimate me :)) well, some interesting ideas there, I think to post the recording on Soundcloud after I clean them up a bit.

BrokenDeck
BrokenDeck
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 39
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Aug. 16th, 2012 @ 05:07 PM Reply

At 8/16/12 03:06 PM, sorohanro wrote: I think to post the recording on Soundcloud after I clean them up a bit.

Any chance to post it here? Or is it something that your old band has a copyright on?

Back-From-Purgatory
Back-From-Purgatory
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 33
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Aug. 16th, 2012 @ 05:59 PM Reply

Transitions (Screw your fancy [ ] subject tags!)

Someone learn me how to do good transitions... I'm working on a song for my album (One in my sig), and I know how the next section is gonna go, but I'm fucking terrible when it comes to transitions... The most common complaint I get on my music is, "Transitions could be better"... And I'm like, "I'm trying!!"... Then I cry myself to sleep cause they still sound abrupt and/or stupid.

Having the same problem with the song I'm working on now... It's driving me insane.

Audio/BBS Mod
News: I want to write more metal... - Music: The Inevitability - Art: Kira
\/\/\/ Click the sig for fun times! \/\/\/

BBS Signature
Braiton
Braiton
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Aug. 16th, 2012 @ 06:24 PM Reply

At 8/16/12 05:59 PM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote: Transitions (Screw your fancy [ ] subject tags!)

Someone learn me how to do good transitions... I'm working on a song for my album (One in my sig), and I know how the next section is gonna go, but I'm fucking terrible when it comes to transitions... The most common complaint I get on my music is, "Transitions could be better"... And I'm like, "I'm trying!!"... Then I cry myself to sleep cause they still sound abrupt and/or stupid.

Having the same problem with the song I'm working on now... It's driving me insane.

One that works is to have an instrument take the spotlight for a while as the transition is happening or sustain a tonic note from the previous section to the next section (as long as there is no big tonal change that is).

Alternatively you can record a choking chimpanzee and paste that over.

FairSquare
FairSquare
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Aug. 16th, 2012 @ 06:28 PM Reply

At 8/16/12 05:59 PM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote: Transitions (Screw your fancy [ ] subject tags!)

Someone learn me how to do good transitions... I'm working on a song for my album (One in my sig), and I know how the next section is gonna go, but I'm fucking terrible when it comes to transitions...

Maybe you can listen to a song that has the same style as the song you're making and listen to the transitions.

Example of my singing here

BBS Signature
Back-From-Purgatory
Back-From-Purgatory
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 33
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Aug. 16th, 2012 @ 06:49 PM Reply

At 8/16/12 06:24 PM, Braiton wrote: One that works is to have an instrument take the spotlight for a while as the transition is happening or sustain a tonic note from the previous section to the next section (as long as there is no big tonal change that is).

I actually do this a lot... like right now, I'm using a 1 bar placeholder, which is basically a short drum intermission in the rhythm of the next section... but it still sounds abrupt and kind of out of place... I was debating putting some strings or something there as well... but I still haven't figured out how I'm gonna do the orchestral bits in the section, let alone how I'll include them in the transition. The changes I make between sections of songs are usually pretty drastic.

Alternatively you can record a choking chimpanzee and paste that over.

I like this idea... Problem solved.

At 8/16/12 06:28 PM, FairSquare wrote: Maybe you can listen to a song that has the same style as the song you're making and listen to the transitions.

Time to listen to a lot of We Came As Romans!

Audio/BBS Mod

BBS Signature
Braiton
Braiton
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Aug. 16th, 2012 @ 07:22 PM Reply

At 8/16/12 06:49 PM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote:
At 8/16/12 06:24 PM, Braiton wrote:
I actually do this a lot... like right now, I'm using a 1 bar placeholder, which is basically a short drum intermission in the rhythm of the next section... but it still sounds abrupt and kind of out of place... I was debating putting some strings or something there as well... but I still haven't figured out how I'm gonna do the orchestral bits in the section, let alone how I'll include them in the transition. The changes I make between sections of songs are usually pretty drastic.

You can do an ascending or descending run of the scale (adjusting according to the speed of the transition) and end up in the first note of the next section with the guitar or instrument of your choice accompanied by the drum fill or whatever is going on.

BlazingDragon
BlazingDragon
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Aug. 16th, 2012 @ 07:24 PM Reply

Someone learn me how to do good transitions...

I think that the main principle of any good transition is to build commonality between differing sections. That could be timbres, pitches, chord progressions, rhythms, motifs, or any number of things. The more elements in common, the smoother the transition. Also, the longer the amount of time the transition takes, the smoother it will be. A one or two bar transition might not necessarily be smooth.

Back-From-Purgatory
Back-From-Purgatory
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 33
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Aug. 16th, 2012 @ 07:35 PM Reply

At 8/16/12 07:22 PM, Braiton wrote: You can do an ascending or descending run of the scale (adjusting according to the speed of the transition) and end up in the first note of the next section with the guitar or instrument of your choice accompanied by the drum fill or whatever is going on.

This is something I plan on trying with the brass and/or strings... I've done a couple test runs, but I haven't found anything that seems to fit just yet... But I've got more ideas to throw at the wall.

At 8/16/12 07:24 PM, BlazingDragon wrote: I think that the main principle of any good transition is to build commonality between differing sections. That could be timbres, pitches, chord progressions, rhythms, motifs, or any number of things. The more elements in common, the smoother the transition. Also, the longer the amount of time the transition takes, the smoother it will be. A one or two bar transition might not necessarily be smooth.

In actuality, both sections are extremely similar, they're both in Db, both in 4/4 time, both at 200 BPM... The biggest difference is that the rhythm is running in triplets as opposed to straight 8th notes as it was before. The section is your typical "metal chug breakdown"... save the fact that it'll have orchestral elements in there as well.... I just haven't figured out how I'm gonna incorporate said orchestral elements into a heavy chug section yet.

Who knows... maybe the only reason it really sounds out of place is because there's a large focus on the orchestral stuff in the previous section and I simply haven't gotten the orchestral stuff in the new section yet... Maybe I'm worrying prematurely.

Audio/BBS Mod

BBS Signature
Blackhole12
Blackhole12
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Game Developer
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Aug. 16th, 2012 @ 11:59 PM Reply

"Oh you just need to deepen the bass on your drums so it sounds fuller" they say, "it's just kind of missing that depth." Not a big deal! Correctly mixing techno drums is only the HARDEST FUCKING THING IN THE ENTIRE FUCKING WORLD TO DO.

BrokenDeck
BrokenDeck
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 39
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Aug. 17th, 2012 @ 12:33 AM Reply

At 8/16/12 11:59 PM, Blackhole12 wrote: Correctly mixing techno drums is only the HARDEST FUCKING THING IN THE ENTIRE FUCKING WORLD TO DO.

I'm thinking that something like getting Pantera to do a reunion tour would be much harder than that.

Blackhole12
Blackhole12
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Game Developer
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Aug. 17th, 2012 @ 12:49 AM Reply

At 8/17/12 12:31 AM, Criminal-23 wrote:
At 8/16/12 11:59 PM, Blackhole12 wrote: "Oh you just need to deepen the bass on your drums so it sounds fuller" they say, "it's just kind of missing that depth." Not a big deal! Correctly mixing techno drums is only the HARDEST FUCKING THING IN THE ENTIRE FUCKING WORLD TO DO.
I usually layer two drums of the same kind on each other to make it fuller. It's just one kind of style for D&B to fill up some depth, however; I bet there are more techniques.

I dunno how Techno drum mixing works, however.

I already did that. I did lots of things. I once took a spectrometer and analyzed the frequency distribution of a professional kick. I still can't do it.

MrSaint
MrSaint
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Melancholy
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Aug. 17th, 2012 @ 08:29 AM Reply

FUCKING PISSED OFF

Fucking fuck. So I've been going to this gym lately, almost daily - working out and shit. And always on the way there I listen to music from my iPhone. Well not fucking anymore. Today I reach the gym, get a key to my locker, change into my sportswear and leave my bag and iPhone inside the locker. I'm pretty sure I had locked the locker, but there was somebody in the room, who saw my key number, but I can't recall the face anymore. Anyway, I leave the locker room and hang the key on the wall at the key counter.

The thing is, sometimes the person on duty doesn't watch after the keys. Anyway, after a few hours I go back to the locker room, open it and - oh fuck it's gone. Obviously I get pissed and go to the person at the key table and ask - what the fuck is this.

Back at home, I got a call from the gym - the owner called and said that it was the first time in 9 years that this happened. Well it fucking did.

Anyways, I did a list of people who were there and after using some logic - I have only two people who seem too fucking suspicious, and oh, I've seen them the first time there.

One is a Croatian fellow, speaks English well - and that's when it gets to me - he was the one who was beside me in the locker room and saw me put my phone in. I'm pretty confident that it could be him, because the other suspect is a dude in the end of his 40s, so I doubt he would do it.

And I can't report to the police - because I don't know Bosnian, and it will be a huge pain in the arse. But the police can easily trace it. The phone is still on, because I dialed and the signal was going.

Anyways, got any hints on what should I do? Only members of the club were there today, and as I said, I got down the list of suspects to the minimum. The owner said that there was one new dude, but didn't say exactly who.

I'm pretty sure it's the Croatian fellow, because he saw my locker number and how I put my phone there.

Help, bros.

FairSquare
FairSquare
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Aug. 17th, 2012 @ 02:11 PM Reply

This is pretty awesome

Example of my singing here

BBS Signature
Buoy
Buoy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 40
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Aug. 17th, 2012 @ 02:16 PM Reply

Don't you have Find my iPhone rost? then you could track him yourself

jpbear
jpbear
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Aug. 17th, 2012 @ 05:56 PM Reply

tell the police you're practically sure its him, you saw him AND did a deduction. you were a first hand witness.

if thats not a good enough reason then wtf is