FairSquare
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-09-07 18:15:16 Reply

At 9/7/12 04:23 PM, FatKidWitAJetPak wrote:
At 9/7/12 03:40 PM, FairSquare wrote: Car accident
i fell asleep while driving once. Everyone thought I was lying, including my parents when I said it. I was on a new medication and it caused me to black out while driving. The medication says "may case drowsiness", yet the law firm didn't give a fuck. I had to pay everything out of my own pocket in full.

That must've been frustrating. And i think it's weird that your parents didn't believe you.

I hope the cops realize this redneck asshat is lying out his cunt.

Well, the officer who was helping me literally told me that she was on my side. And i must say, they've done everything they could to help me and to make the unpleasantness as pleasant as possible.
But that's not the problem though. The problem is factual evidence that he's lying, since they can't just say ''you know what, we're just gonna believe you'' when it's my word against his, since there are no witnesses.
I'll just see what tomorrow brings.

Example of my singing here

BBS Signature
SuperBastard
SuperBastard
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 15
Animator
Yoshiii343
Yoshiii343
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Audiophile
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-09-07 21:49:33 Reply

At 9/7/12 09:11 PM, SuperBastard wrote: Today sucks. Fuck expensive technology.

Care to share?

sweet21
sweet21
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Artist
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-09-07 21:57:15 Reply

I know man, that expensive stuff, why it gotta be so expensive? Why can't there be like, a cheaper substitute or something?
Snowball > audio technica

I'm just a dreamer.
never forgetti, like mom's spaghetti Credit to @pussyshark

BBS Signature
jpbear
jpbear
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-09-07 22:00:40 Reply

This summer i was in a car with my uncle, we were parking in a lot to go to a pull place and this guy coming in the other direction in the parking lot literally accelerates up to our car and hits it.

He gets out calm, and says "i think you hit my car" and for the next hour my uncle and him argued about this guy's shit. After a while this guy says his name, and it was the biggest mafia last name in the town. After a LONG time, he literally starts crying and weeping and begging for money to repay his car damages (the car was damaged before he the accident with us), and knowing the shit that would happen if we didnt give him anything my uncle gave him money.

Turns out this guy wasnt even from the family he claimed but from the most lesser mafia family that does all the dirty work in our town, and that he does this shit routinely.

fucking scumbag piece of shit.

SuperBastard
SuperBastard
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 15
Animator
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-09-07 22:16:13 Reply

At 9/7/12 09:49 PM, Yoshiii343 wrote:
Care to share?

Well the right can on my $160 headset just up and died on me. Right after that, my $120 mouse started making a wicked annoying high-pitched beeping sound whenever I moved the cursor. A couple hours later and it refused to track horizontally.

sweet21
sweet21
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Artist
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-09-07 22:32:37 Reply

At 9/7/12 10:16 PM, SuperBastard wrote: Well the right can on my $160 headset just up and died on me. Right after that, my $120 mouse started making a wicked annoying high-pitched beeping sound whenever I moved the cursor. A couple hours later and it refused to track horizontally.

Ooh somebodies a high roller, well I can say a $120 mouse is COMPLETE overkill, you can do well with a $30 mouse or the one that comes packaged with your computer! What in the hell is the benefit of a $120 mouse unless it was custom made, glows in the dark and was signed by bill gates.

As for the headset....Hmmm, we talking gaming headset or something? You can get those for friggin $40-$60 or something.

I'm just a dreamer.

BBS Signature
SuperBastard
SuperBastard
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 15
Animator
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-09-07 22:39:55 Reply

At 9/7/12 10:32 PM, sweet21 wrote:
At 9/7/12 10:16 PM, SuperBastard wrote: Well the right can on my $160 headset just up and died on me. Right after that, my $120 mouse started making a wicked annoying high-pitched beeping sound whenever I moved the cursor. A couple hours later and it refused to track horizontally.
Ooh somebodies a high roller, well I can say a $120 mouse is COMPLETE overkill, you can do well with a $30 mouse or the one that comes packaged with your computer! What in the hell is the benefit of a $120 mouse unless it was custom made, glows in the dark and was signed by bill gates.

As for the headset....Hmmm, we talking gaming headset or something? You can get those for friggin $40-$60 or something.

Yeah, I do a lot of gaming. The mouse is pretty fucking neat, aside from the fact that it's now basically a paper weight, and the headset was really nice too. It had built-in 7.1 surround sound and was the best listening device I'd ever owned.

I'm just pissed off because one shouldn't have to expect problems like this WITHIN WEEKS of buying such expensive devices. You'd think they'd make them better.

I just have shitty luck I guess. At least they're still under warranty.

SuperBastard
SuperBastard
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 15
Animator
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-09-07 23:15:20 Reply

At 9/7/12 11:11 PM, Criminal-23 wrote: He can't escape the truth.

You can escape anything if you try hard enough.

but no that guy's fucked
Sequenced
Sequenced
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Audiophile
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-09-08 00:26:19 Reply

turns out that the girl I was seeing doesn't like me.

the fuck?

lel

BBS Signature
jpbear
jpbear
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-09-08 03:01:05 Reply

At 9/8/12 12:26 AM, Sequenced wrote: turns out that the girl I was seeing doesn't like me.

the fuck?

told ya

some math genius tell me the odds of this

The Audio Forum Lounge

SuperBastard
SuperBastard
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 15
Animator
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-09-08 04:30:50 Reply

At 9/8/12 12:26 AM, Sequenced wrote: turns out that the girl I was seeing doesn't like me.

the fuck?

Sucks bro.

At 9/8/12 03:01 AM, jpbear wrote: some math genius tell me the odds of this

I dunno, but you should probably buy a lotto ticket for 999.

FairSquare
FairSquare
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-09-08 05:19:41 Reply

At 9/7/12 11:11 PM, Criminal-23 wrote:
At 9/7/12 03:40 PM, FairSquare wrote: Car accident
Worst part is, the guy drove on like nothing happened
You sure he's European and socialized?

Either way, the dude's fucked hardcore for sure. He can't escape the truth.

Nope, he's a 72 year old Turkish guy who doesn't speak Dutch all that good.

Anyway, i got to the police station this morning at exactly 9:30. The guy i was supposed to meet there who normally handles bigger stuff (when he showed me pictures of the bastard's car on his camera he had to search for them first and i saw pictures of a burglary and something that looked like a dead body on there) was late (yes, reread the sentence now because the stuff i put between the previous brackets was way too long to remember what the sentence actually was about in the first place and hey.. i'm doing it again).
I waited for about 45 minutes (he was late because he had to go to a burgled(?) house) and then he showed up.

He was a pretty cool guy. He scratched some paint off my car and told me how things were gonna go from here.
Because the paint samples have to get investigated in a lab which gets thousands of these cases, it's probably gonna take about two months before i get the results.
After that there's gonna be a case against him (at least, if the results are going to be in my favour.. which i don't doubt) and i might even get to go to court.
He told me i should definitely do that if i get the chance, because it's quite an experience.
And he also told me that it was quite clear for him; there's red paint on my black car, there's black paint on his red car and he told me came across as an honest guy.

And now pics or it didn't happen..

The Audio Forum Lounge

Example of my singing here

BBS Signature
Step
Step
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-09-08 06:47:38 Reply

At 9/8/12 03:01 AM, jpbear wrote: some math genius tell me the odds of this

Assuming you didn't purposefully set it up like that, and taking in to consideration the hours when you're probably asleep, it's basically a 1 in 2,799,360 chance unless I'm doing something horribly wrong.

Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54 | I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature
Yoshiii343
Yoshiii343
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Audiophile
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-09-08 07:13:38 Reply

so, uh...anyone here who knows how to use ableton as a production tool?

Sequenced
Sequenced
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Audiophile
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-09-08 10:15:26 Reply

At 9/8/12 07:13 AM, Yoshiii343 wrote: so, uh...anyone here who knows how to use ableton as a production tool?

me.

lel

BBS Signature
SuperBastard
SuperBastard
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 15
Animator
Yoshiii343
Yoshiii343
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Audiophile
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-09-08 11:03:23 Reply

At 9/8/12 10:22 AM, SuperBastard wrote:
At 9/8/12 07:13 AM, Yoshiii343 wrote: so, uh...anyone here who knows how to use ableton as a production tool?
I used it for a while.

If I recall correctly, there's a thread made specifically for Ableton Live related questions, right? What happened to it?

sweet21
sweet21
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Artist
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-09-08 11:52:37 Reply

the fuck?

She was only in it for the money!

I'm just a dreamer.

BBS Signature
sweet21
sweet21
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Artist
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-09-08 12:52:16 Reply

Do you love Newgrounds? Good, do something about it. Apparently money is becoming so tight Tom is begging for donations. Donate and save Newgrounds!

I'm just a dreamer.

BBS Signature
sweet21
sweet21
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Artist
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-09-08 14:16:21 Reply

I downloaded a demo of sakura, it's suppose to be standalone, the interface loads and all but I can't test it out. I need the piano roll or something.
At the moment I can move the stuff around, but no music is being made. Don't tell me I need a working copy of FL to try the demo of Sakura....Uuuuugh. I assume a demo won't work with a demo?

And halp guys?!

I'm just a dreamer.

BBS Signature
Qelaion
Qelaion
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-09-08 14:44:06 Reply

At 9/8/12 12:52 PM, sweet21 wrote: Do you love Newgrounds? Good, do something about it. Apparently money is becoming so tight Tom is begging for donations. Donate and save Newgrounds!

that reminded me to turn adblock off for this site, thanks :P

BC | SC | FB
USF4: Ibuki | GGXRD: May | XBL/PSN/Steam: Qelaion
WHAT HAVE I DONE.

BBS Signature
Rahmemhotep
Rahmemhotep
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-09-08 16:11:31 Reply

At 9/8/12 02:16 PM, sweet21 wrote: I downloaded a demo of sakura, it's suppose to be standalone, the interface loads and all but I can't test it out. I need the piano roll or something.
At the moment I can move the stuff around, but no music is being made. Don't tell me I need a working copy of FL to try the demo of Sakura....Uuuuugh. I assume a demo won't work with a demo?

And halp guys?!

Sakura is pretty lame from my experience with it. Then again, I don't really use the kind of crap it can produce to begin with.

Click my sig for a free downtempo EP
Best Thread Ever

BBS Signature
sweet21
sweet21
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Artist
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-09-08 17:51:20 Reply

At 9/8/12 04:11 PM, Rahmemhotep wrote: Sakura is pretty lame from my experience with it. Then again, I don't really use the kind of crap it can produce to begin with.

Can you elaborate, these are things I need to know, what, was the interface difficult to understand? Is there a steep learing curve? etc. things I gotta know man, things I gotta know.

I'm just a dreamer.

BBS Signature
sorohanro
sorohanro
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 28
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-09-08 18:58:13 Reply

Everybody calm down and grab a snare.
Recorded at the school where I teach (yes, I'm that old) as a part of a lesson about phase (two mics facing each other).
3 sounds in one file, a short damped one, a normal hit and a "trata" (short flam).

Back-From-Purgatory
Back-From-Purgatory
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-09-08 22:01:18 Reply

At 9/8/12 12:52 PM, sweet21 wrote: Do you love Newgrounds? Good, do something about it. Apparently money is becoming so tight Tom is begging for donations. Donate and save Newgrounds!

Yes... I do love Newgrounds... That's why I have a fancy badge now.

Audio/BBS Mod
News: Bye bye Skype - Music: Tonight Will Be The Night- Art: Kira
\/\/\/ Click the sig for fun times! \/\/\/

BBS Signature
camoshark
camoshark
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 10
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-09-08 22:05:08 Reply

At 9/8/12 10:01 PM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote:
Yes... I do love Newgrounds... That's why I have a fancy badge now.

That is one sexy badge, might get one once I manage to eat more than a meal and a half a day.

SuperBastard
SuperBastard
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 15
Animator
SuperBastard
SuperBastard
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 15
Animator
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-09-08 23:06:54 Reply

At 9/8/12 10:51 PM, SuperBastard wrote: Look at me I'm so fancy with my sucke... supporter badge.

Oh look at that it's fucking broken

like everything else I bought in the past month.
The-iMortal
The-iMortal
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-09-09 01:13:16 Reply

At 9/8/12 11:06 PM, SuperBastard wrote:
At 9/8/12 10:51 PM, SuperBastard wrote: Look at me I'm so fancy with my sucke... supporter badge.
Oh look at that it's fucking broken

Probably made in China