The Audio Forum Lounge

FatKidWitAJetPak
FatKidWitAJetPak
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-09-02 22:57:44 Reply

At 9/2/12 05:50 PM, BrokenDeck wrote: Obligatory cock picture...

Needs more pussy

The Audio Forum Lounge

FatKidWitAJetPak
FatKidWitAJetPak
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-09-02 23:06:44 Reply

At 9/2/12 10:57 PM, FatKidWitAJetPak wrote:
At 9/2/12 05:50 PM, BrokenDeck wrote: Obligatory cock picture...
That guy sucks at photoshop

Hey Guys Im a DJ or Something

So, I just made this short 15 minute mix for a contest in Mountain View, Arkansas. I put in 4 songs and some voice samples. I am pretty proud of it and think it is my best mix yet, so I would love to hear your opinions on it.

Anyway here it is. It has Goa, Psychedelic Trance, and House.

Qelaion
Qelaion
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-09-03 00:22:37 Reply

oh man

did I miss anything

please tell me I didn't miss anything

BC | SC | FB
USF4: Ibuki | GGXRD: May | XBL/PSN/Steam: Qelaion
WHAT HAVE I DONE.

BBS Signature
Back-From-Purgatory
Back-From-Purgatory
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-09-03 00:52:39 Reply

HALP

So... I just finished putting up a video on youtube where I had arranged a midi file to play in Synthesia based on a music box melody in an anime I happen to be watching.

Linkage

Now, there's a problem... some shitty german band (Hoiter Dipoiter) has filed a copyright claim against it, saying they own the audio... Which they clearly do not, I know for a fact they did not write the OST for Noir (The anime I mentioned), but they're selling an album in which they have the short melody as an intro for one of their songs.

Now, fine, I dispute the claim.. however, I'm not really sure which of the options I'm given I should choose, the options I'm given are below:

I believe this copyright claim is not valid because:
I own the CD / DVD or bought the song online.

I'm not selling the video or making any money from it.

I gave credit in the video.

The video is my original content and I own all of the rights to it.

I have a license or written permission from the proper rights holder to use this material.

My use of the content meets the legal requirements for fair use or fair dealing under applicable copyright laws.

The content is in the public domain or is not eligible for copyright protection.

Now, considering the people filing the claim against me don't own the song in the first place... what of those am I supposed to pick? My video isn't monetized, and I only put it up like an hour ago... It baffles me that practically immediately someone files a fraudulent copyright claim against me.

Audio/BBS Mod
News: Bye bye Skype - Music: Tonight Will Be The Night- Art: Kira
\/\/\/ Click the sig for fun times! \/\/\/

BBS Signature
FatKidWitAJetPak
FatKidWitAJetPak
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-09-03 01:03:11 Reply

I would say you bring up your points up front with them. If they cant explain tell them to piss off with their silly copyright bs.

Back-From-Purgatory
Back-From-Purgatory
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-09-03 01:04:31 Reply

At 9/3/12 01:03 AM, FatKidWitAJetPak wrote: I would say you bring up your points up front with them. If they cant explain tell them to piss off with their silly copyright bs.

There's no "Other" option with a box to explain, I have to pick one of the above options, and none of them clearly say that the copyright claim is fraudulent.

Audio/BBS Mod

BBS Signature
FatKidWitAJetPak
FatKidWitAJetPak
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-09-03 01:07:03 Reply

At 9/3/12 01:04 AM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote:
At 9/3/12 01:03 AM, FatKidWitAJetPak wrote: I would say you bring up your points up front with them. If they cant explain tell them to piss off with their silly copyright bs.
There's no "Other" option with a box to explain, I have to pick one of the above options, and none of them clearly say that the copyright claim is fraudulent.

Did they leave you an email, or is there another way to contact them? You have the right to take this to their inbox.

DiroNomer
DiroNomer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 11
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-09-03 01:08:25 Reply

You could probably contact them and ask them why they have filed a copyright claim against your song, and ask them what your submission contains in relation to anything they've produced.

Sig made by DLX

BBS Signature
Back-From-Purgatory
Back-From-Purgatory
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-09-03 01:11:58 Reply

At 9/3/12 01:07 AM, FatKidWitAJetPak wrote:
At 9/3/12 01:04 AM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote:
Did they leave you an email, or is there another way to contact them? You have the right to take this to their inbox.

No, this is what I get when I open up the claim:

Your video may include the following copyrighted content:
"Hoiter Dipoiter-Verstörte Seele", sound recording administered by:
finetunes
I acknowledge
What does this mean?
Your video is still available worldwide. In some cases ads may appear next to your video. Please note that the video's status can change, if the policies chosen by the content owners change. Learn more about copyright on YouTube.

This claim does not affect your account status.
I believe this copyright claim is not valid.

And when I click "I believe this copyright claim is not valid." I get the options I mentioned above.

Audio/BBS Mod

BBS Signature
Back-From-Purgatory
Back-From-Purgatory
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-09-03 01:17:29 Reply

At 9/3/12 01:11 AM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote: And when I click "I believe this copyright claim is not valid." I get the options I mentioned above.

On that note... it looks like it's not even the band that filed it, it's this old fucker.

Audio/BBS Mod

BBS Signature
DiroNomer
DiroNomer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 11
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-09-03 01:19:11 Reply

Which one of the options are actually true?

If all of the above options are true, this is probably your best bet. If it's a song you originally created, no one should be able to make a claim on it.

Sig made by DLX

BBS Signature
Back-From-Purgatory
Back-From-Purgatory
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-09-03 01:24:26 Reply

At 9/3/12 01:19 AM, dlxrevolution wrote: Which one of the options are actually true?

If all of the above options are true, this is probably your best bet. If it's a song you originally created, no one should be able to make a claim on it.

I didn't create the original, this is a fan made remake for learning use with Synthesia. The original is "Melodie" from the anime "Noir". The original artist is not the person filing the claim against me.

Audio/BBS Mod

BBS Signature
FatKidWitAJetPak
FatKidWitAJetPak
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-09-03 01:37:44 Reply

Keep in mind ANYONE can make a copyright claim just by clicking a button. If it doesnt sound legit, don't take it to seriously.

Back-From-Purgatory
Back-From-Purgatory
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-09-03 01:39:08 Reply

At 9/3/12 01:24 AM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote: I didn't create the original, this is a fan made remake for learning use with Synthesia. The original is "Melodie" from the anime "Noir". The original artist is not the person filing the claim against me.

I filed a dispute... used "Fair use" as my option, and was later given a box to explain further, of which I used to list off the anime the song is from, the Japanese studio that created the anime, the American studio that adapted the anime for North America, and the composer of the OST of the anime.

If that doesn't get them off my back, nothing will.

Audio/BBS Mod

BBS Signature
DiroNomer
DiroNomer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 11
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-09-03 01:48:00 Reply

At 9/3/12 01:24 AM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote: I didn't create the original, this is a fan made remake for learning use with Synthesia. The original is "Melodie" from the anime "Noir". The original artist is not the person filing the claim against me.

Which brings me back to the question of which one of those appeal options are actually the case? If you're going to give out the list of options, the least you can do is scratch off all of the ones that don't qualify so that if we tell you which one to use, you're not lying to the producers (or youtube). Did you post in the video description that your submission is based on "Melodie" in "Noir"?

I'm not selling the video or making any money from it.

I gave credit in the video.

Based on what you've said so far, those are the only things I can infer that true, in which case I would probably say the "I gave credit in the video" is the best option, seeing as your not claiming the song you submitted is your original work, therefore no one can file a copyright claim on it. (Correct me if I'm wrong)

Sig made by DLX

BBS Signature
Back-From-Purgatory
Back-From-Purgatory
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-09-03 01:53:25 Reply

At 9/3/12 01:48 AM, dlxrevolution wrote: Based on what you've said so far, those are the only things I can infer that true, in which case I would probably say the "I gave credit in the video" is the best option, seeing as your not claiming the song you submitted is your original work, therefore no one can file a copyright claim on it. (Correct me if I'm wrong)

Give me some credit, you make it sound like I'm one of those 10 year olds on youtube that just uploads random songs I find on the internet. All the relevant information is in the video title and/or the description.

Also, I already filed the dispute, as mentioned above.

Audio/BBS Mod

BBS Signature
DiroNomer
DiroNomer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 11
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-09-03 02:25:33 Reply

At 9/3/12 01:53 AM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote: Give me some credit, you make it sound like I'm one of those 10 year olds on youtube that just uploads random songs I find on the internet. All the relevant information is in the video title and/or the description.

Hey, I'm just going off of what you said.

Also, I already filed the dispute, as mentioned above.

Cool, hopefully everything will get fixed. It was probably to misunderstanding anyways.

Sig made by DLX

BBS Signature
Sequenced
Sequenced
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Audiophile
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-09-03 08:08:33 Reply

big day for me today (or tomorrow).

just depends when I run into her. gonna step up the game in our little relationship deal thing.

teehee.

lel

BBS Signature
Step
Step
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-09-03 08:25:12 Reply

At 9/3/12 12:52 AM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote: HALP

Something similar happened to me before, but with me it was much weirder. I posted this collaboration I contributed to on YouTube. As you can see it's basically a remake of a track from the Wii game Okami, called Reset. I threw in some pictures to compliment this Reset remake, and I credited all the original artists of the pictures that I could credit. Most were from nameless wallpaper sites so I couldn't credit any original creators of those, so I just listed all the wallpaper sites I used.

INSTANTLY when I submitted it, I got a message in the Video Manager near my video saying I got a copyright claim from "One or more music publishing rights collecting societies" and that now ads will show up in my video. So not only did it tell me this the exact second that I submitted it but it didn't even say who these "societies" are. And basically all I did was contribute to remaking Reset; I credited all the four other people who contributed to this collaboration, I didn't use any copyrighted samples and I tried to quote my sources as much as possible with the pictures used in the video.

So I disputed the claim, saying that my video falls under Fair Use. All it used were some pictures and composition from the original game. Everything else was entirely original and we weren't making money out of it either. I filled in all my details and sent the message. Exactly when I sent it (literally when I clicked the button) I got a reply back saying 'copyright claim released'. Wat.

Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54 | I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature
SineRider
SineRider
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-09-03 09:20:05 Reply

At 9/3/12 12:52 AM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote: HALP

Just file a dispute. There are tons of copyright rights groups that go around youtube claiming stuff that isn't theirs. I had it happen to a bout 4 of my videos that had completely original music by me.

Apparently, my drone ambient song had copyrighted material from some 9/11 memorial song...
FatKidWitAJetPak
FatKidWitAJetPak
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-09-03 09:41:47 Reply

Apparently, my drone ambient song had copyrighted material from some 9/11 memorial song...

HAHAHAHA OH MAN. Cause you know, thats the only fucking place ambient would be.

Step
Step
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-09-03 22:36:49 Reply

First time in my four years of making music that I've used a compressor in the master channel. The result? A pretty sexy waveform if I do say so myself.

The Audio Forum Lounge

Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54 | I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature
B16
B16
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 42
Blank Slate
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-09-03 23:06:43 Reply

At 9/3/12 10:36 PM, Step wrote: First time in my four years of making music that I've used a compressor in the master channel. The result? A pretty sexy waveform if I do say so myself.

That's so hot... :/

HyperTrough
HyperTrough
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-09-03 23:46:11 Reply

At 9/3/12 11:06 PM, BrokenDeck wrote:
At 9/3/12 10:36 PM, Step wrote: First time in my four years of making music that I've used a compressor in the master channel. The result? A pretty sexy waveform if I do say so myself.

Blue hot!

inb4 amateur producer: "compressor on master channel is bad!!!1@dksnaf >:("

lol fuk u

Step
Step
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-09-04 07:29:20 Reply

At 9/3/12 11:06 PM, BrokenDeck wrote:

That's what I said.

BBS Signature
EchozAurora
EchozAurora
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-09-04 12:52:13 Reply

At 9/2/12 11:06 PM, FatKidWitAJetPak wrote:
Hey Guys Im a DJ or Something

So, I just made this short 15 minute mix for a contest in Mountain View, Arkansas. I put in 4 songs and some voice samples. I am pretty proud of it and think it is my best mix yet, so I would love to hear your opinions on it.

Anyway here it is. It has Goa, Psychedelic Trance, and House.

They're throwing another contest there? (Or was this for the one a while back?)

At 1/16/12 03:08 AM, Xyresic wrote: EchozAurora: The SEXY Audio Mod.
Check out soundcloud.com/echozaurora for more recent songs and DJ mixes!

BBS Signature
Oakwood
Oakwood
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 27
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-09-04 14:03:21 Reply

Having a bar at your campus

Upside: you can drink beer with your friends after college.
Downside: you're tipsy or drunk before you even go home and have dinner (or is that an upside too?)

[Hidden Audio Gems]
SoundCloud || YouTube || Facebook
PM me for constructive reviews, collaborations or commissions!
Latest track: Monsters In My Bed!

BBS Signature
Buoy
Buoy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 40
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-09-04 14:47:16 Reply

At 9/4/12 02:03 PM, LiquidOoze wrote: Downside: you're tipsy or drunk before you even go home and have dinner (or is that an upside too?)

if it's not then don't go to the bar

Sequenced
Sequenced
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Audiophile
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-09-04 14:49:18 Reply

so I talked to my lady friend today and she wanted to wait before things get serious... boo :(

lel

BBS Signature