New Topic Respond to this Topic
Buoy
Buoy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 40
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-08-22 01:21:49 Reply

Why is the instrument request thread deleted?

Back-From-Purgatory
Back-From-Purgatory
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-08-22 01:26:26 Reply

At 8/22/12 01:21 AM, Buoy wrote: Why is the instrument request thread deleted?

Because LaForge's account was nuked, and he was the one who started it.

Audio/BBS Mod
News: Bye bye Skype - Music: Tonight Will Be The Night- Art: Kira
\/\/\/ Click the sig for fun times! \/\/\/

BBS Signature
Oakwood
Oakwood
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 27
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-08-22 02:37:42 Reply

College Life

Since Sunday I'm officialy a college student, and I'm not sure if anybody noticed but I haven't posted since that day. This life fucks you up, man. Non-stop partying, sleepless nights, booze till you drop, it's all a bit too much. But I'm having the time of my life. Just figured to throw it out here, I'm gonna enjoy the rest of my hangover now.

[Hidden Audio Gems]
SoundCloud || YouTube || Facebook
PM me for constructive reviews, collaborations or commissions!
Latest track: Clouds (Oakwood RMX)!

BBS Signature
Blackhole12
Blackhole12
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Game Developer
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-08-22 18:39:24 Reply

At 8/22/12 02:37 AM, LiquidOoze wrote: College Life

My college life for the past summer was one of studying, pain, and finals. So fuck you.

On a completely unrelated note, Denny Schneidemesser is going to be at PAX Prime! squeeee~

BlazingDragon
BlazingDragon
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-08-22 18:54:41 Reply

At 8/22/12 02:37 AM, LiquidOoze wrote: College Life

My community college classes this semester:

-Piano Lessons
-Madrigalia (small, 'elite' choir)
-Chamber Choir
-Intro to Recording Studio
-MIDI Music Composition
-Music Composition
-Jazz Improv I
-English Composition II

Therefore, college life consists of me practicing piano for hours a day, composing music, reading textbooks on recording, listening to jazz, singing, and writing English papers. No partying, but I love being surrounded with this much music. Though I'm only three days into the semester, so we'll see.

Blackhole12
Blackhole12
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Game Developer
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-08-22 19:22:35 Reply

The only music I was allowed to study without majoring in it was basic music theory :|

So I had to write research papers like this instead.

The-iMortal
The-iMortal
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-08-22 19:24:31 Reply

At 8/22/12 06:54 PM, BlazingDragon wrote: Though I'm only three days into the semester, so we'll see.

Won't be long till you'll want to chuck all your assignments out the window... the main thing is to stick at it!

On another note... I'm working on a track and I wrote up a melody and lyrics for. Got out my dad's mic today to record some vocals... My goodness, I cannot sing for shit.

Hello, Acapellas4U.co.uk... looks like my track will become a remix...

Sequenced
Sequenced
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Audiophile
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-08-22 19:33:13 Reply

college

I'm in my forth day of marching band. very friendly people. starting to get a group of friends that I'll be hangin with whenever.

amoung those group of friends, there's a girl I'm starting to like and she feels the same (80% sure) - because we had dinner together and with the rest of our sectional and the way we talked to each other was slightly different than with the others, and we already have a couple inside jokes teehee.

so I'm feeling a bit positive about this! hopefully I won't make the mistakes I did back in high school. Now that my bad rep is gone, girls won't think I'm an emotional wreck. ha ha

lel

BBS Signature
FatKidWitAJetPak
FatKidWitAJetPak
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-08-23 02:11:10 Reply

College is a really amazing experience. Just realize the first couple of semesters may be a bit... bumpy. I went into a massive depression for a few years and college was a major part of this. Once I found a balance, I decided to put my job and business life in front of college. Now, I am taking two classes a semester and focusing on projects / my computer business. I say everyone should go to college, but different people are going to go about it at different paces.

jpbear
jpbear
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-08-23 02:33:00 Reply

i go on honors retreat in two days then start my freshman year,

its too bad my universities' honors program is full of theater fags and attention whores, the amount of people who want love and attention and will do anything to get a taste is like 4/5 jeebus.

Party wise i dont think it can get much worse than this summer, got pretty smashed and went dancing about 4/7 days a week, was in three car accidents, and generally had an awesome time.

ForeverBound
ForeverBound
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-08-23 04:18:15 Reply

At 8/23/12 02:33 AM, jpbear wrote:
Party wise i dont think it can get much worse than this summer, got pretty smashed and went dancing about 4/7 days a week, was in three car accidents, and generally had an awesome time.

sounds like a nice summer ;)

HyperTrough
HyperTrough
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-08-23 04:49:04 Reply

I just dropped out of college because I didn't like it. Still got no idea what I want to do, and it sucks!

lol fuk u

camoshark
camoshark
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 10
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-08-23 06:04:16 Reply

[Late Night Strolls]

Yep, fancy brackets, deal with it. Also it's 5:30 AM and I haven't slept, so expect excessive rambling, and possible nonsense.

In any case, I've had insomnia for the past week due to health and IRL issues, and it's seriously had a toll on my temper and general productivity. I've tried all sorts of fancy stuff, including listening to sleep music -which as a music analyst is utterly pointless, considering I just concentrate on the music- relaxing tea, medication, nothing works.

So anyways, today, after rolling in bed for countless hours like every night, and having less than three hours before having to get up, I decided to try something new and take a late night stroll (hence the fancy title). I know there's probably a lot of people here who've done this in the past, but this was my first time doing something of the sort, and it's definitely something I'll be doing much more from now on.

First of all, being in a big city it's rare I ever get some peace and quiet, so already it's a nice change of pace. I didn't have any set route in mind, I just put one foot in front of the other and tried to stop thinking for once. This was fairly successful, and for a few moments I was away from all that nonsense. And then I heard something out of place. There's this mosque close to my home that I usually just walk by, I was under the impression that the place was foreclosed because of how old it looks. But it would seem I was wrong, as I was hearing some ritual singing from inside. There didn't seem to be anyone guarding the door, and I was fairly curious, so I decided to take a look inside.

It was fairly modest, your run-of-the-mill waiting room and a small staircase leading up to the actual Mosque. So I go up and find the door, and after taking my courage by two hands, open the door.

The place is as modest as I thought it would, with very little decoration and not much more than a podium for the one leading the ceremony. Fortunately there's a chair beside the door, and so after a few people and the leader have a quick look at me, they leave me be, and I sit.

In case people didn't know, I'm a huge fan of world and religious music, especially middle-eastern ceremonial music, so it was quite the treat to experience the real thing in person. I fortunately arrived just a few moments after the ceremony had started, so I had the occasion to witness most of it. The leader had an amazing voice and really had the intonations I had heard so many times before.

In any case, I eventually left to start getting my stuff ready, but I come out of this experience completely re-freshened and with a brand new set of inspiration for my music, so I believe that this was quite a fruitful experiment!

TL;DR: Random encounters are the best types of encounters, except maybe those of the third kind. Also, I write novels when I have sleep deprivation.

Blackhole12
Blackhole12
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Game Developer
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-08-23 06:52:12 Reply

They're arguing about music compression and the loudness wars on Hacker News again.

It's kind of sad.

HydroAmbience
HydroAmbience
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-08-23 09:39:50 Reply

At 8/23/12 04:49 AM, HyperTrough wrote: I just dropped out of college because I didn't like it. Still got no idea what I want to do, and it sucks!

Well I guess that sucks for you?

FatKidWitAJetPak
FatKidWitAJetPak
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-08-23 12:00:50 Reply

At 8/23/12 06:04 AM, camoshark wrote: [Late Night Strolls]

I am very much into middle eastern music and tribal music. I
Since I suffer from depression from time to time, I go on late night walks and take a big deep breath while looking at the beauty of the world around me. I live in Arkansas, so I am constantly surrounded by large hills and mazes of woods. The state is very pretty. It is quiet as well.

At the same time, i also enjoy getting lost in the concrete jungle of downtown while I watch busy people with different stories walk by me. I sometimes find a building to sneak into and get to the rooftop. I find myself peering down at the city, watching the crowds blur past the bulding down below. Cars honk. Signs lightup and fade away. Still, in the distance, I always see the sun set beneath the river, painting the city with a pink and yellow hue. As nightime comes, the city lights up. It truly is beautiful. Twenty floors up, all I can really hear is the soft whisper of the wind.

I started walking years ago. I have come across many random encounters and have written short stories about them as well as composed ambient music to my experiences and perspectives. I find the best way to sleep is to simply relax and breath after a nice, long walk. One day I actually walked for 17 miles with my friend Ben. It was an amazing experience. We never have any set plans. Just one foot in front of the other.

You should listen to Steve Roach.

Cross666
Cross666
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-08-23 17:22:49 Reply

Just a heads up for all the NH Audio members, or anyone in New England for that matter. I'll be spinning on the 29th in Manchester at Penuches with the CandyFlipT crew. Midas and SP1 will be as well.

I'd really appreciate a chance to meet some of you bitches, Envy especially you since you should definitely be 21 by now right?

No cover charge and drink specials all night. DnB for me from 10:30 - 11:30

BBS Signature
MrSaint
MrSaint
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Melancholy
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-08-23 17:48:38 Reply

[Little dicks]

I also like going for walks, be it night or day ones. I really like grey weather, for that matter, if that definition makes any sense. Rainy/cloudy skies, with shades of grey - my soul feels this delightful pain, I can't describe it, perhaps due to my somewhat lacking vocabulary.

But anyway, I usually take music with me on my journeys. Maybe some Joy Division, sometimes ambient music. I just roam and roam, and look at the people. It's pretty silly, but when I'm in this state of mind and body, I pay a lot of attention to the people around, I notice details I normally wouldn't. People are amazing, come to think of it. The way they interact and behave. Truly fascinating sight.

camoshark and FatKid - your stories sounded quite inspiration, and I appreciate that you found the time to describe your feelings.

SEQUENCED

Bro, don't be shy and make moves. Like MJ. Bitch.

Please, don't be shy, it fucked up quite a few potential relationships for me -_-
Sequenced
Sequenced
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Audiophile
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-08-23 19:24:45 Reply

At 8/23/12 05:48 PM, MrSaint wrote:

Bro, don't be shy and make moves. Like MJ. Bitch.

Please, don't be shy, it fucked up quite a few potential relationships for me -_-

second little dinner date went well. atm it's just pretty chill while hangin with our friends. apparently we had our arms almost on top of each other and one girl took notice of that and when we were leaving she was like " I have to ask you a pesronal question " ... ha ha

lel

BBS Signature
FatKidWitAJetPak
FatKidWitAJetPak
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-08-23 20:38:32 Reply

At 8/23/12 05:48 PM, MrSaint wrote: [Little dicks]

Man, i look at people and culture in general all the time as well. I think its amazing just how many different perspectives on this world and how people interact with the universe around them. I sense a strong lak of individuality, for one, because people find it easy to put on masks and hide within the walls of society. This is, I believe, out of instinct. I have studied culture for a while and am very interested in Psychology. The human brain has many defensive triggers... Its strange. Interestingly enough, all of these different people coexist in the universe as a singularity. I can go very deep into this.. But instead, I make music to describe the feelings of the universe, its thoughts, and how everything exsists within. I am also writing a short story that dabbles in the themes of reality, death, and the absence of time in the grand scheme of things.

SuperBastard
SuperBastard
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 15
Animator
Yoshiii343
Yoshiii343
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Audiophile
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-08-24 02:43:48 Reply

It's been a fairly slow week for me, since it's the festive season here where I am. How's your week?

Sequenced
Sequenced
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Audiophile
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-08-24 07:07:59 Reply

At 8/24/12 02:43 AM, Yoshiii343 wrote: It's been a fairly slow week for me, since it's the festive season here where I am. How's your week?

I'm exhausted from marching band camp in college.

I guess the good news is that at the moment I now have a potential lady friend... as long as I don't screw it up.

lel

BBS Signature
FairSquare
FairSquare
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-08-24 07:30:51 Reply

At 8/24/12 02:28 AM, SuperBastard wrote:
I swear to god your new avatar looks like a dick.

This is exactly what i thought.

Example of my singing here

BBS Signature
Chronamut
Chronamut
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Artist
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-08-24 09:26:59 Reply

At 8/24/12 07:30 AM, FairSquare wrote:
This is exactly what i thought.

haha me too.

CAMP BEAR411

well it's bear season up at the bear camp grounds at turkey point in ontario.. the plaec is sold out already.. bears.. as far as the eye can see...

*loads pistols*

I'M GOING IN!

Buoy
Buoy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 40
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-08-24 11:55:08 Reply

damnit. I'll change it when i get home.

Buoy
Buoy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 40
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-08-24 16:14:15 Reply

sweet.

FatKidWitAJetPak
FatKidWitAJetPak
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-08-24 16:18:16 Reply

At 8/24/12 04:14 PM, Buoy wrote: sweet.

Dammit SBB your so cockphobic

Step
Step
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-08-24 16:19:16 Reply

From a dick to a vagina man what are you doing I would've never expected this from you what the hell :(.

Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54 | I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature
Buoy
Buoy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 40
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-08-24 16:23:44 Reply

At 8/24/12 04:19 PM, Step wrote:
From a dick to a vagina man what are you doing I would've never expected this from you what the hell :(.

What the hell kind of girls have you been dating??