Chronamut
Chronamut
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Artist
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-07-27 11:24:14 Reply

At 7/27/12 11:11 AM, LaForge wrote:
At 7/27/12 09:16 AM, Chronamut wrote: ...am I the only person here who ACTUALLY has a job?

and a real job.. not some mcdonalds shit..
not some McDonald's shit? ^_^ Fuck you, people have to start somewhere when they get out of high school. They work, they get paid, it's a "real job". They obviously wouldn't have as much pride in their work as you do, but that's only because you're snotty.

I meant as in a non-highschool job. You're just full of bitterness LaForge lol.. it was a simple question.

Chronamut
Chronamut
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Artist
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-07-27 11:33:57 Reply

I apologize.. I didn't mean to put down anyone's "first job" - as we've all been there more or less and had to slum it.. I just meant, I suppose.. am I the only one here who has landed a career after gaining a college or university degree.. is that better?

Breed
Breed
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-07-27 12:01:40 Reply

At 7/27/12 09:16 AM, Chronamut wrote: ...am I the only person here who ACTUALLY has a job?

I own an international corporation and work in my highest passion, what do you do?

=P

dont say actually make money, cuz...fuck you haha
The-iMortal
The-iMortal
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-07-27 12:11:54 Reply

At 7/27/12 11:38 AM, LaForge wrote: Your egocentric attitude disgusts me. You take everything personally and blow shit out of proportion.

Pot, this is Kettle. Over.

innocent bystander
Braiton
Braiton
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-07-27 12:14:52 Reply

Thread needs more ducks.

The Audio Forum Lounge

Sequenced
Sequenced
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Gamer
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-07-27 12:28:49 Reply

just got my wisdom teeth pulled out this morning. I'm going to make some music while on anesthetic now. teehee

lel

Braiton
Braiton
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-07-27 12:34:32 Reply

At 7/27/12 12:28 PM, Sequenced wrote: just got my wisdom teeth pulled out this morning. I'm going to make some music while on anesthetic now. teehee

I had all 4 removed in February. The real pain begins when the anesthetic goes away.
I wouldn't recommend sleeping the first couple of hours (if you do, do it facing upwards) unless you want to wake up in a pool of blood.

NikeTheSword
NikeTheSword
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-07-27 14:34:47 Reply

At 7/27/12 12:28 PM, Sequenced wrote: just got my wisdom teeth pulled out this morning. I'm going to make some music while on anesthetic now. teehee

All 4 fit to my mouth, great success! No pain for me.

: What? No I won't level up, I like my watergun.

Back-From-Purgatory
Back-From-Purgatory
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-07-27 15:54:49 Reply

At 7/27/12 12:14 PM, Braiton wrote: Thread needs more ducks.

Kill it with fire!

The Audio Forum Lounge

Audio/BBS Mod
News: Bye bye Skype - Music: Tonight Will Be The Night- Art: Kira
\/\/\/ Click the sig for fun times! \/\/\/

BBS Signature
jarrydn
jarrydn
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 10
Artist
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-07-27 17:24:20 Reply

are you guys done acting like a bunch of dorks now?

audio / bbs troubles? drop me a PM

BBS Signature
Back-From-Purgatory
Back-From-Purgatory
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-07-27 17:26:25 Reply

At 7/27/12 05:24 PM, jarrydn wrote: are you guys done acting like a bunch of dorks now?

Acting? That hurts...

Audio/BBS Mod

BBS Signature
Braiton
Braiton
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-07-27 17:30:18 Reply

At 7/27/12 03:54 PM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote: Kill it with fire!

Why

The Audio Forum Lounge

jarrydn
jarrydn
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 10
Artist
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-07-27 18:35:54 Reply

personally im really proud of my posts and sign-up date.

is that normal?

BBS Signature
Back-From-Purgatory
Back-From-Purgatory
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-07-27 18:38:52 Reply

At 7/27/12 06:35 PM, jarrydn wrote: personally im really proud of my posts and sign-up date.

is that normal?

Jarry... don't post anymore... you just hit a really cool post count... 7777... It will be forever lost if you post again!

On another note... I don't really care about my posts/sign up date... Most of the reason I don't wanna lose this account is cause it's kind of like my home page for my fans.

Audio/BBS Mod

BBS Signature
jarrydn
jarrydn
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 10
Artist
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-07-27 18:56:46 Reply

At 7/27/12 06:38 PM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote: On another note... I don't really care about my posts/sign up date... Most of the reason I don't wanna lose this account is cause it's kind of like my home page for my fans.

fuck yeah 7,777. someone screencap this shit for me

The Audio Forum Lounge

BBS Signature
Back-From-Purgatory
Back-From-Purgatory
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-07-27 19:13:59 Reply

At 7/27/12 06:56 PM, jarrydn wrote:
At 7/27/12 06:38 PM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote: On another note... I don't really care about my posts/sign up date... Most of the reason I don't wanna lose this account is cause it's kind of like my home page for my fans.
fuck yeah 7,777. someone screencap this shit for me

Oh, you tricky bugger, you.

Audio/BBS Mod

BBS Signature
jpbear
jpbear
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-07-27 19:16:29 Reply

At 7/27/12 05:42 PM, LaForge wrote: If you guys care more about the portal than your own posts and sign-up date,

not understanding this logic...

jarrydn
jarrydn
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 10
Artist
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-07-27 19:30:41 Reply

At 7/27/12 07:25 PM, LaForge wrote: Here's my logic: I've been here since 2002, been posting music since 2007. The state of the portal means a lot more to me than the posts I've made on this account, or what year I signed up. I want musicians who have been here as long as I have, as well as new artists looking for a home, to have a decent place to share ideas and get feedback.

i have another site for my stuff, my soundcloud.

I don't have to tell you all the shit that's wrong with the portal, you know. Does it not make you feel disrespected or tossed aside? If the only way to improve the state of the portal is to take your music down until it's actually worth having it there, why wouldn't you do it?

the...'only' way? i dunno man go for it if you believe in it or whatever, i'm just here for the banter. when tom wants to do something with the audio portal, he'll do something about it. i'm sure he has more important things to worry about dude

BBS Signature
Sequenced
Sequenced
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Gamer
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-07-27 19:30:55 Reply

At 7/27/12 12:34 PM, Braiton wrote:
I had all 4 removed in February. The real pain begins when the anesthetic goes away.
I wouldn't recommend sleeping the first couple of hours (if you do, do it facing upwards) unless you want to wake up in a pool of blood.

I was passed out for an hour after the surgery. I am comfortable with the drug that they put you to sleep with, because I've had many in the past. I stayed up for roughly three hours before I slept again. After that, I went back to the doctor to get my mouth cleaned and he gave me more numbing medicine. 4 hours later, I toook my first pain killer. It's quite relaxing, actually lol.

Had my first milkshake (vanilla, chocolate, peanut butter, and choc syrup), an hour before the pk. tasted lovely. I'm going to make a fruit milk shake later tonight.

This isn't so bad right now. It's just going to be a pain not having to bruch my teeth for two days and learning how to eat with a couple holes in my mouth. Oh btw, I had 5 teeth taken out because I had an extra litlle " saber tooth" on the top of my mouth. weird.

lel

samulis
samulis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 08
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-07-27 19:39:13 Reply

At 7/27/12 07:25 PM, LaForge wrote:
At 7/27/12 07:16 PM, jpbear wrote:
At 7/27/12 05:42 PM, LaForge wrote: If you guys care more about the portal than your own posts and sign-up date,
not understanding this logic...
Here's my logic: I've been here since 2002, been posting music since 2007. The state of the portal means a lot more to me than the posts I've made on this account, or what year I signed up. I want musicians who have been here as long as I have, as well as new artists looking for a home, to have a decent place to share ideas and get feedback.

I don't have to tell you all the shit that's wrong with the portal, you know. Does it not make you feel disrespected or tossed aside? If the only way to improve the state of the portal is to take your music down until it's actually worth having it there, why wouldn't you do it?

Sometimes you just have to have faith that eventually things will be better (not like that did much for the Christians during the Roman Empire (Christians 0, Lions 15,000)... We all know eventually they'll realize we're still here and they'll do something (maybe).

A petition (or at least furry of friendly spam in the inboxes of the NG team) would have better effect than a bunch of good musicians just randomly leaving... Really, there are tons of flaws with the portal and always have been, but there are tons of flaws with everything in life (including life itself... hey, we only live to 100 and are very weak sacks of water and flesh that do a very good job at killing ourselves). There's no need to think "the only way to fix the problem is to run away [and thus let the problem continue, but not when I'm around]"... the only way to fix the problem is to remain firm and try to solve it diplomatically. If that doesn't work, yeah, we can all run away to Soundcloud and BandCamp and whatnot... but unless we know without a doubt that absolutely no one on the NG team cares about the Audio Portal, there's no need for extreme action.

My Music - Virtual Instruments - Website
Orchestral/Cinematic Composer

BBS Signature
jpbear
jpbear
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-07-27 19:41:11 Reply

At 7/27/12 07:25 PM, LaForge wrote: yo

id be the first to do something about the state of the portal,

but the only thing tom would get from this situation is that a couple rather reputable members got more butthurt than usual about the shittiness that is the audio portal, end of story. its happened before.

jarrydn
jarrydn
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 10
Artist
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-07-27 19:52:19 Reply

alright laforge i get that you're leaving, please stfu about it or i will silence you.

BBS Signature
Braiton
Braiton
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-07-27 20:10:39 Reply

At 7/27/12 07:30 PM, Sequenced wrote: I was passed out for an hour after the surgery. I am comfortable with the drug that they put you to sleep with, because I've had many in the past. I stayed up for roughly three hours before I slept again. After that, I went back to the doctor to get my mouth cleaned and he gave me more numbing medicine. 4 hours later, I toook my first pain killer. It's quite relaxing, actually lol.

Had my first milkshake (vanilla, chocolate, peanut butter, and choc syrup), an hour before the pk. tasted lovely. I'm going to make a fruit milk shake later tonight.

This isn't so bad right now. It's just going to be a pain not having to bruch my teeth for two days and learning how to eat with a couple holes in my mouth. Oh btw, I had 5 teeth taken out because I had an extra litlle " saber tooth" on the top of my mouth. weird.

Aah they didn't put me to sleep. They just put anesthesia in a few parts of my mouth. They didn't give me painkillers either. All they did was give me an injection of some medicine in the ass in case of infection. Instead of brushing my teeth they told me to drink some water and slowly spit it out, I guess that worked as a temporal solution.

Kirbyfemur
Kirbyfemur
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Audiophile
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-07-27 20:16:32 Reply

I see a ducky and a pikachu, but i do not see any dick jokes, what has happened to you guys in my absence? D:

Back-From-Purgatory
Back-From-Purgatory
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-07-27 20:25:01 Reply

At 7/27/12 07:52 PM, jarrydn wrote: alright laforge i get that you're leaving, please stfu about it or i will silence you.

That's a little harsh, don't ya think?

I know where he's coming from, and while I'm not gonna delete my account over it, I do agree that things really do need to change. Even if it's just a shiny new delete button for submissions. That can't be that hard to program in, right?

Just as a show of faith to the community.

2 cents.

Audio/BBS Mod

BBS Signature
Back-From-Purgatory
Back-From-Purgatory
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-07-27 20:27:37 Reply

At 7/27/12 08:25 PM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote: Even if it's just a shiny new delete button for submissions.

Scratch that, it doesn't even have to be shiny, it can be the ugliest fuggin delete button in the history of the interwebz... as long as it's there.

Audio/BBS Mod

BBS Signature
jarrydn
jarrydn
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 10
Artist
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-07-27 20:38:09 Reply

At 7/27/12 08:25 PM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote:
At 7/27/12 07:52 PM, jarrydn wrote: alright laforge i get that you're leaving, please stfu about it or i will silence you.
That's a little harsh, don't ya think?

isn't talking about leaving newgrounds against the bbs code of conduct?

talk about how much newgrounds sucks all you want, you're entitled to that. but don't bog everyone down in your own personal issues please.

BBS Signature
MrSaint
MrSaint
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Melancholy
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-07-27 21:06:39 Reply

Hey guys, lets not be aggressive towards each other and not do anything harsh, like leave or ask your music to be deleted. There should be other ways.

Forgey, you're a cool cat, please, don't leave just yet. PL0XORS

two fucking cute puppies to change the atmosphere
MrSaint
MrSaint
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Melancholy
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-07-27 21:08:24 Reply

At 7/27/12 09:06 PM, MrSaint wrote: Hey guys, lets not be aggressive towards each other and not do anything harsh, like leave or ask your music to be deleted. There should be other ways.

FORGOT THE PICTURE.

Why does this happen.

The Audio Forum Lounge

Back-From-Purgatory
Back-From-Purgatory
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-07-27 21:24:27 Reply

At 7/27/12 09:06 PM, MrSaint wrote: Hey guys, lets not be aggressive towards each other and not do anything harsh, like leave or ask your music to be deleted. There should be other ways.

I'm not being aggressive to anyone, I strive for understanding, not conflict! Either way, I'm not gonna carry this on in here, I'll talk it out with the appropriate people like a grown up in PM.

And to emphasize a cooling atmosphere... Everyone loves kittens.

The Audio Forum Lounge

Audio/BBS Mod

BBS Signature