New Topic Respond to this Topic
Breed
Breed
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Jul. 26th, 2012 @ 01:17 PM Reply

Apparently I'm the least fucking hire-able man in the world.

Today I filled out my 200th application of the year. I've literally applied to every shit business within 20 miles of my house. Not even fuckers like Mcdonalds or Burger King will even give me an interview. Not one call back, not one interview, not a single fucking thing. I've had friends with zero job experience walk into the same places I apply to and walk out with a job there. I just dont get it. I've tried everything I can possibly think of. Even the two temp agencies I went to turned me down. Cant cash in on unemployment either because I've been jobless for too long.

This is fucked.

</rant>

jpbear
jpbear
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Jul. 26th, 2012 @ 02:15 PM Reply

At 7/26/12 01:17 PM, Breed wrote:
This is fucked.

</rant>

dont put you're a musician on your app :P

zelazon
zelazon
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Jul. 26th, 2012 @ 04:40 PM Reply

Today I filled out my 200th application of the year. I've literally applied to every shit business within 20 miles of my house. Not even fuckers like Mcdonalds or Burger King will even give me an interview. Not one call back, not one interview, not a single fucking thing. I've had friends with zero job experience walk into the same places I apply to and walk out with a job there. I just dont get it. I've tried everything I can possibly think of. Even the two temp agencies I went to turned me down. Cant cash in on unemployment either because I've been jobless for too long.

Don't you love the job that are suppose to be entry-level positions that ask for 3-to-5 years exp in a related field? Like seriously, why would I be looking for an entry-level position if I already had 3-to-5 level of exp -.- .

Breed
Breed
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Jul. 26th, 2012 @ 07:54 PM Reply

At 7/26/12 04:40 PM, zelazon wrote:
Don't you love the job that are suppose to be entry-level positions that ask for 3-to-5 years exp in a related field? Like seriously, why would I be looking for an entry-level position if I already had 3-to-5 level of exp -.- .

Thats the thing. I already have 3 years work experience, in which I worked my way up to management before moving. Now I have that, I own an international business, and I have an associates degree from a top tier community college....none of which is enough apparently for flipping burgers at mcdonalds.

My friend has a bachelors in psych(which is arguably a pointless degree unless u continue it to doctorate) and shes got 6-7 years of experience in sales and two other jobs and she cant get a stupid entry level job now either.

Cant make the case that either of us are being looked at as overqualified either because over the course of the last year or so I've applied to all these places 3-5 times each time with different methodology every time. Most recently I've only put my most recent job and left out that I was a manager, and didnt even put anything about my company or my temp jobs or anything. Doesnt work just as much so as otherwise.

The only way to get a job where I am in this economy is to:

A) Be friends with a hiring manager for a booming business

or

B) Have a vagina

The-iMortal
The-iMortal
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Jul. 26th, 2012 @ 08:12 PM Reply

At 7/26/12 02:50 PM, LaForge wrote:
At 7/26/12 01:17 PM, Breed wrote: Apparently I'm the least fucking hire-able man in the world.
you're not the only one having a hard time finding a job.

Is it really that hard to find a job in America? Australia is nowhere near as bad... I was job hunting for only a couple of months before I was hired by a fast food company at age of 17. They were the first company to interview me. Now I work at a factory part-time.

When you guys go to an interview, do you wear a suit?

ALWAYS WEAR A SUIT

InvisibleObserver
InvisibleObserver
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Jul. 26th, 2012 @ 08:19 PM Reply

No Mcdonalds is going to hire someone with a company, a degree and work experience. You'll leave in 2 seconds for virtually any other job that comes your way which one would think is likely.

Or you have the wrong number on your resume. Lolol

BBS Signature
The-iMortal
The-iMortal
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Jul. 26th, 2012 @ 08:22 PM Reply

At 7/26/12 07:54 PM, Breed wrote: Cant make the case that either of us are being looked at as overqualified either because over the course of the last year or so I've applied to all these places 3-5 times each time with different methodology every time.

^^^^^ This is for you, InvisibleObserver. ^^^^^^

The-iMortal
The-iMortal
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Jul. 26th, 2012 @ 08:26 PM Reply

At 7/26/12 08:23 PM, LaForge wrote: nail on the head. i see this all the time.

Oh yeah, about you... if you're as much as a dick in real life as your are on the net, then it's no wonder you can't get a job. Employers don't want to hire people who are going to cause chaos.

if I wasn't gonna say it, somebody else would.
Braiton
Braiton
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Jul. 26th, 2012 @ 08:34 PM Reply

I don't know about employers, but if I were one, I'd hire any of you if you took a duck to the interview.
That is all.

Back-From-Purgatory
Back-From-Purgatory
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 33
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Jul. 26th, 2012 @ 08:56 PM Reply

At 7/26/12 08:34 PM, Braiton wrote: I don't know about employers, but if I were one, I'd hire any of you if you took a duck to the interview.
That is all.

Does the duck have to be alive?

Audio/BBS Mod
News: I want to write more metal... - Music: The Inevitability - Art: Kira
\/\/\/ Click the sig for fun times! \/\/\/

BBS Signature
The-iMortal
The-iMortal
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Jul. 26th, 2012 @ 08:59 PM Reply

At 7/26/12 08:29 PM, LaForge wrote: I don't even know you, who the fuck are you to call me a dick?

Just some innocent bystander.

Knoxius
Knoxius
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Jul. 26th, 2012 @ 09:46 PM Reply

At 7/26/12 08:26 PM, The-iMortal wrote: Oh yeah, about you... if you're as much as a dick in real life as your are on the net, then it's no wonder you can't get a job. Employers don't want to hire people who are going to cause chaos.

stfu u dont talk shit about lafgore

Anyways, it's a shame you guys can't find jobs, you're all much more deserving than I am to be working. I didn't graduate high school and I had nothing to show that I'm a reliable and hard worker, yet right as I turned in my application, the manager scheduled an interview, and I've been working ever since.

Back-From-Purgatory
Back-From-Purgatory
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 33
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Jul. 26th, 2012 @ 09:52 PM Reply

At 7/26/12 09:46 PM, Knoxius wrote: stfu u dont talk shit about lafgore

Agreed, LaForge is my hero. ...Sorry whoever was my hero last week, you've been replaced.

Anyways, it's a shame you guys can't find jobs, you're all much more deserving than I am to be working. I didn't graduate high school and I had nothing to show that I'm a reliable and hard worker, yet right as I turned in my application, the manager scheduled an interview, and I've been working ever since.

School really doesn't mean shit when it comes to getting a job unless it's something super specific... And even then, the schooling can hurt you just as much as it could help you... If you can't get into the field you want after like 4-7 years of schooling for it, no where else will hire you because you're probably overqualified.

It's not your knowledge that gets you a good job anyways, it's your connections, a company will take someone on a recommendation from someone higher up the food chain with 0 experience any day over someone who is actually qualified to do the work but doesn't have a recommendation.

It's not what you know, it's who you know.

Yes, I have issues with the way society works.

Audio/BBS Mod

BBS Signature
Back-From-Purgatory
Back-From-Purgatory
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 33
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Jul. 26th, 2012 @ 10:18 PM Reply

At 7/26/12 10:08 PM, LaForge wrote:
At 7/26/12 09:52 PM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote:
At 7/26/12 09:46 PM, Knoxius wrote: stfu u dont talk shit about lafgore
Agreed, LaForge is my hero. ...Sorry whoever was my hero last week, you've been replaced.
your new level icon makes you look like an anime hillbilly. <3

I KNOW...

I miss my gauntlet...

Audio/BBS Mod

BBS Signature
BrokenDeck
BrokenDeck
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 39
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Jul. 26th, 2012 @ 10:19 PM Reply

At 7/26/12 10:18 PM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote: I KNOW...

I miss my gauntlet...

NYAH NYAH!

Braiton
Braiton
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Jul. 26th, 2012 @ 10:24 PM Reply

At 7/26/12 08:56 PM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote:
At 7/26/12 08:34 PM, Braiton wrote: I don't know about employers, but if I were one, I'd hire any of you if you took a duck to the interview.
That is all.
Does the duck have to be alive?

Why would you kill a duck? That's not human.

Anyway, in all seriousness, don't give up guys, I'm pretty sure you'll find a job soon. (says the person that doesn't have to worry about getting a job...yet)

Breed
Breed
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Jul. 27th, 2012 @ 03:06 AM Reply

I hear michigan has a really big lake or something.

jpbear
jpbear
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Jul. 27th, 2012 @ 07:18 AM Reply

why is there no low end in any version of this song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VALq07gJZcI

seriously why would breakbot make this song like this.

jpbear
jpbear
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Jul. 27th, 2012 @ 07:29 AM Reply

At 7/27/12 07:18 AM, jpbear wrote: why is there no low end in any version of this song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VALq07gJZcI

seriously why would breakbot make this song like this.

could be all in the sub, im on shiet small speakers atm.

still a very weird choice

The-iMortal
The-iMortal
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Jul. 27th, 2012 @ 07:30 AM Reply

At 7/27/12 07:18 AM, jpbear wrote: why is there no low end in any version of this song.

There is low-end... the kick just doesn't kick as hard so the low end is more focused on the bass line. It goes well with the mix. Funky track too.

FairSquare
FairSquare
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Jul. 27th, 2012 @ 08:07 AM Reply

Funny shit

Okay, so i've known this girl for a while. A couple of days ago she texted me and the subject was soon changed (by her) into her being fat :|
Ridiculous discussion followed resulting in her trying to change my words so that she could say that she's fat and thus she was going to lose weight. Okay.
So i found this funny and texted it to a friend of mine. Or so i thought. I sent the text to her by accident :')

So she went on about 'i thought we were friends' and shit like that and now i'm getting to hear what a pathetic person i am while she's involving shit that's way more serious than a couple of texts about her saying she's fat.

And i thought i had grown out of that high-school drama..

Example of my singing here

BBS Signature
Chronamut
Chronamut
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Artist
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Jul. 27th, 2012 @ 09:16 AM Reply

...am I the only person here who ACTUALLY has a job?

and a real job.. not some mcdonalds shit..
Step
Step
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Jul. 27th, 2012 @ 09:45 AM Reply

Jobs

Our Maths teacher didn't even let us get a job this summer. He said that this summer is the most important summer of our academic development (while simultaneously giving us hundreds of pages worth of Maths homework) and that getting a job will be the worst mistake we've ever done in our lives.

In a way he's right - I wouldn't have had any time. Other than all that Maths homework (which I have very nearly finished, thankfully) I've got two massive music projects, one smaller music project, one ENORMOUS programming project, one substantially large systems of knowledge project, minor philosophy and English work, and, of course, the NGADM.

I predict at least 350 hours of school/music work left to do this summer (if I'm lucky). That's more work/stress than any part-time summer job will ever give me.

Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54
I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature
Chronamut
Chronamut
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Artist
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Jul. 27th, 2012 @ 11:24 AM Reply

At 7/27/12 11:11 AM, LaForge wrote:
At 7/27/12 09:16 AM, Chronamut wrote: ...am I the only person here who ACTUALLY has a job?

and a real job.. not some mcdonalds shit..
not some McDonald's shit? ^_^ Fuck you, people have to start somewhere when they get out of high school. They work, they get paid, it's a "real job". They obviously wouldn't have as much pride in their work as you do, but that's only because you're snotty.

I meant as in a non-highschool job. You're just full of bitterness LaForge lol.. it was a simple question.

Chronamut
Chronamut
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Artist
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Jul. 27th, 2012 @ 11:33 AM Reply

I apologize.. I didn't mean to put down anyone's "first job" - as we've all been there more or less and had to slum it.. I just meant, I suppose.. am I the only one here who has landed a career after gaining a college or university degree.. is that better?

Breed
Breed
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Jul. 27th, 2012 @ 12:01 PM Reply

At 7/27/12 09:16 AM, Chronamut wrote: ...am I the only person here who ACTUALLY has a job?

I own an international corporation and work in my highest passion, what do you do?

=P

dont say actually make money, cuz...fuck you haha
The-iMortal
The-iMortal
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Jul. 27th, 2012 @ 12:11 PM Reply

At 7/27/12 11:38 AM, LaForge wrote: Your egocentric attitude disgusts me. You take everything personally and blow shit out of proportion.

Pot, this is Kettle. Over.

innocent bystander
Braiton
Braiton
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Jul. 27th, 2012 @ 12:14 PM Reply

Thread needs more ducks.

The Audio Forum Lounge

Sequenced
Sequenced
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Gamer
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Jul. 27th, 2012 @ 12:28 PM Reply

just got my wisdom teeth pulled out this morning. I'm going to make some music while on anesthetic now. teehee

lel

Braiton
Braiton
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Jul. 27th, 2012 @ 12:34 PM Reply

At 7/27/12 12:28 PM, Sequenced wrote: just got my wisdom teeth pulled out this morning. I'm going to make some music while on anesthetic now. teehee

I had all 4 removed in February. The real pain begins when the anesthetic goes away.
I wouldn't recommend sleeping the first couple of hours (if you do, do it facing upwards) unless you want to wake up in a pool of blood.