00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

SpeakyDooman just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Audio Forum Lounge

1,782,810 Views | 34,324 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-05-14 04:47:03

Treasure Hunting

So. I've taken up the hobby of treasure hunting. Went out tonight with a buddy. Hunted by the river.

Thirty seconds of scanning the bed near the bank had a hit, dug down a few inches and pulled something out. Was covered in muck, cleaned it up a bit and it was proved to be a little bell.

Brought it home and spent about half an hour cleaning it up. Didn't get all the way, but I've shown it to be fairly shiny.

Included photo with my patented plastic bag light diffuser.

The bell looks to be copper plated with... something.

The Audio Forum Lounge

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-05-14 05:06:20

At 5/14/09 04:47 AM, loansindi wrote: Treasure Hunting

I tried that once. Just looking for anything interesting to keep a hold of. I never had silly hopes of gold and treasure chests though. Although, All i was able to find where bits of random sheet metal, and bottle caps.

My best find was a Beer bottle from around 100 years ago. Back with the original Theme of that brand of beer. I kept it. Turned out looking quite mint.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-05-14 05:08:29

Treasure Hunting

I definitely don't expect to find anything terribly valuable. It's mostly something to do while I walk around. And sometimes you find neat stuff.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-05-14 13:03:13

Treasure hunting

This is quite entertaining, in fact I started getting interested in it when, once I went fishing with my cousin, and near the shore found some shiny metal thing. I thought it was cool. So after I started to quite enjoy roaming around the beach, when I get the opportunity, when I go to the sea. Kicks ass, start hunting guys!

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-05-14 13:18:30

Toilet for long time

Dude. How an you read when you do it? I need damn hard concentration.

Once I strained so hard my nose started bleeding. It was less than a week ago, actually :3

Did you all know that caffeine relaxes the inner sphincter muscle? That's probably why I need an epic shit now I've drank this hench Pepsi.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-05-14 14:16:03

Toilet for Long Time

You see, I realized if I read, the process becomes faster. And I don't need to concentrate too much. I can do it fast without the magazine, but when I got time to spend, I can read some stuff.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-05-14 15:34:42

If you have to strain more then a little bit then your diet is fucked and you're hurting yourself.

water + oranges everday = happy colon.

Report Songs|Submit Ideas|How Erkie reviews|

94% of posts made in AF since 2005

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-05-14 16:03:11

I had to strain that one time.
I had being on the crapper though, so I just sort of run it, yank down my clothing, pop it out, wipe it, yank up my clothing, flush, wash, dry, and away I go.
No more than 30 seconds usually.
You obviously well want to know.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-05-14 16:09:07

Toilet Business.

I got a better tactic Erkie. I eat my main course and later tomatoes are like a desert :D , I heard it helps the digestive system, not that I got problems with it. Tomatoes rock, though, if you salt 'em!

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-05-14 16:18:25

All this talk of colons, toilets, diets and shits is making me...

bored

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-05-14 16:23:46

Toilet Shit

Okay lets finish this discussion. In the end I'd like to say, eat healthy and you'll shit well xD

PC Gaming

Anyone into PC Gaming?

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-05-14 17:14:31

At 5/14/09 03:34 PM, Erkie wrote: If you have to strain more then a little bit then your diet is fucked and you're hurting yourself.

water + oranges everday = happy colon.

That doesn't work for anyone with Wheat & Flour intolerance :(

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-05-14 17:29:15

I got 2 things to say...A sad thing and a good thing. I shall start with the sad one.

My girlfriend is moving

Well, tomorrow she is leaving. I gave her a farewell present, I feel kinda sad on the inside, because the fact that I MIGHT not see her again, scares me. Also, my best mate is moving. The thing is, that all of us live in Cairo, but all of us are RUSSIAN. Parents working on a long term contract here. So as I said, my mate is flying back to Moscow, my girlfriend also is going there...
Next year I might move to Saint-Petersburg (Sorry with making you read these geographical places), also Russia. It's 2 hours on speed-train from Moscow. Things don't look bad, but I am sad, because I might stay longer in Cairo, but I want to see my friends, because most people from our school, moved back to Moscow...

I am a sad man at the moment :(

Now for the good news. Fruity Loops 7 Producers Edition XXL!

So, now I can start working at last. I didn't decide over the genre yet. I write lyrics, so I might make a song, or something. But I am looking forward to Electronic and Trance. But I won't leave Hip-Hop behind too.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-05-14 17:45:46

DJing in Playboy Mansion?

SOMEONE TELL ME HOW TO GET THAT GIG!!!

At 1/16/12 03:08 AM, Xyresic wrote: EchozAurora: The SEXY Audio Mod. (2019 edit lol not anymoar)

Check out soundcloud.com/echozaurora for more recent songs and DJ mixes!

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-05-14 17:49:36

Hangover

We had a party a while ago. So, I came home dead tired. I was slow like a Pentium One Processor. Anyway, I decided to eat some Salami, I took it out of the fridge, ate some. Later went to the washing machine, I needed to put the powder so it starts washing. So next morning my parents ask me:
"Son, why is the Washing Powder inside the fridge? And why the hell is the Salami on top of the washing machine?"
I almost died from laughter.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-05-14 17:58:58

At 5/14/09 05:36 PM, LaForge wrote: When a girl admits she shits, everybody is fascinated.

DexterPowerCrush suffers from Paragonx9ism.

How long are we going to talk about bowel excursions?

Up to you.

It's called "Go Outside", and I can tell you the steps involved if you're interested.

If you think this is an effective phrase then you must also find Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert insightful and funny.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-05-14 18:27:51

DJing in Playboy Mansion?

At 5/14/09 05:45 PM, EchozAurora wrote: SOMEONE TELL ME HOW TO GET THAT GIG!!!

DAWG, YOUR USERNAME HAS TO BE RIG!!!

Who says white metalheads can't rap? :3

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-05-14 18:49:33

At 5/14/09 06:25 PM, LaForge wrote: You don't like Jon Stewart? I assume you're either too young or too old to understand his wit.

Finding faults in the news and politics isn't hard. He just makes money off it with a shit eating grin.

At 5/14/09 06:38 PM, LaForge wrote: And what exactly does this mean, she suffers from being a woman?

This is the part where you research.

His profile > His website > His myspace

Paragonx9ism = Artists who put themselves as females to draw listeners.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-05-14 18:52:02

Paragon9ixsm

I almost died, when I took a look at the MySpace pic and at the account pic.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-05-14 18:56:16

At 5/14/09 06:49 PM, Erkie wrote: Paragonx9ism = Artists who put themselves as females to draw listeners.

Yeah.. we had this massive joke going in the AF for the longest time... well.. actually it's still going...

But the mass-resurging of it started.. lessee... I think at the beginning of this year.. end of last year when I and a couple other people were talking to Px9 and how funny it would be if a huge pile of audio artists switched over to females.

Fun stuff.

At 1/16/12 03:08 AM, Xyresic wrote: EchozAurora: The SEXY Audio Mod. (2019 edit lol not anymoar)

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-05-14 18:57:45

At 5/12/09 10:26 PM, Quarl wrote: Also, I just realized your in nyc. Take a bus out to east hampton some time. I can house you and we can collab on some projects/ hit up the world famous over rated beaches.

that sounds awesome.. if i ever find myself coming to your neck of the woods ill definitly hit you up. you play drums too? we can have a drum off if there are any studios near you. plus it would be a nice little vacation.

yeah so im thinking off getting an air horn on my bike. only problem is ill have a can strapped to my handle bars .. i dont think the M16 armed guards and bomb dogs near wall street will like that. But it would be awesome to scare the living shit out of pedestrians with that... Yeah bike messengers are pretty crazy. some of the people that work with me are just plain Bugshit crazy. And it seems a good 35% of bike messengers have dread locks. Im a pretty mellow bike messenger unless im on a rush delivery .. then im screaming at almost every cab and pedestrian. Bobbing and weaving like crazy in heavy fast traffic.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-05-14 18:59:24

RANT

Ok so Newgrounds has been pissing me off a lot lately.
I haven't been submitting music because of college for the most part. But I also don't submit music to Newgrounds because of all the newfags flooding this damn Audio Portal!
I submit a song and like 5 votes in it gets bombed. Usually I'm not bothered by this, but I mean really?! There's some child sitting on their family computer for the 2 hours their parents let them going around making jungle-trance-friggen-shit-hip-hop music submitting to NG and zero bombing anything that passes through the portal!
For christ sake, I remember when I first joined NG in '05 and sure there were zero bombs, but thats because music genuinely sucked and people REVIEWED WHY the song was bad and how to make it better! I'm not one to say my music is good, because I don't think it's as good as a lot of music on NG. There are many talented artists on here. BUT there are a still a ton of shit artists! LEARN TO REVIEW instead of bombing!

As for reviews: I don't review because I want to be on the top audio reviewers list. It's because I LIKE to review peoples music. I like to help out people and tell them the good and bad of their songs and how to improve. I don't write one liners, but I also don't write Karco reviews. I try to keep them simple and to the point, yet elaborating on a few things. I feel like people don't know how to review on NG. They throw in their 2 cents and are on their way. Trust me, I appreciate the reviews, even the one liners, but if you write "I didn't like it too much" FUCKING tell me what was bad! ELABORATE PEOPLE!
What also grinds my gears is that no one seems to know how to return a favor. If you see someone who has reviewed your song and it looks like they took more than 5 minutes to write it, be nice and return the favor. NO ONE seems to know how to do that. Its ridiculous.

The AP forums. What the hell happened here?! Since like mid '08 a stream of newfags have seemed to have flooded this place and made it a shit hole. I don't post here anymore because of it. I'm sorry. Call me old fashioned but I liked the days when people respected each other and their opinions. There doesn't seem to be that same respect around here anymore.

Lastly the AP itself. Has seen some amazing music, and still does. BUT there are SOO many good songs that get bombed because they are just that: GOOD. Its just about impossible to filter out the shit from the gold. I've tried and it's just annoying. I understand people are new, and they are trying, but it doesn't feel like people are trying to get better but instead get noticed. Sure top 5 is great, but for real, make music that sounds like you worked HARD on it? Please? That would be great.

I'm sorry for this rant, I'm sorry for making you cry, but I'm just getting sick and tired of this shit. Changes need to be made. Many of them needed to be addressed a while ago.

-Drew AKA TMM43

I need a cigarette.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-05-14 19:01:28

AH SHIT
That last post was supposed to be done with this account. Sorry.

..............The Guide to Newgrounds Audio

Latest Track: Phoenix

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-05-14 19:06:01

I'll agree to what he said.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-05-14 19:06:02

Alts

At 5/14/09 07:01 PM, TMM43 wrote: AH SHIT
That last post was supposed to be done with this account. Sorry.

you disgust me with your unproper Alt use >:\

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-05-14 19:07:17

At 5/14/09 07:06 PM, Sungazer wrote:
you disgust me with your unproper Alt use >:\

Thanks for proving my point.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-05-14 19:19:31

Sorry for double post. I doubt anyone is going to go back and read what I wrote so I'm reposting here:

RANT

Ok so Newgrounds has been pissing me off a lot lately.
I haven't been submitting music because of college for the most part. But I also don't submit music to Newgrounds because of all the newfags flooding this damn Audio Portal!
I submit a song and like 5 votes in it gets bombed. Usually I'm not bothered by this, but I mean really?! There's some child sitting on their family computer for the 2 hours their parents let them going around making jungle-trance-friggen-shit-hip-hop music submitting to NG and zero bombing anything that passes through the portal!
For christ sake, I remember when I first joined NG in '05 and sure there were zero bombs, but thats because music genuinely sucked and people REVIEWED WHY the song was bad and how to make it better! I'm not one to say my music is good, because I don't think it's as good as a lot of music on NG. There are many talented artists on here. BUT there are a still a ton of shit artists! LEARN TO REVIEW instead of bombing!

As for reviews: I don't review because I want to be on the top audio reviewers list. It's because I LIKE to review peoples music. I like to help out people and tell them the good and bad of their songs and how to improve. I don't write one liners, but I also don't write Karco reviews. I try to keep them simple and to the point, yet elaborating on a few things. I feel like people don't know how to review on NG. They throw in their 2 cents and are on their way. Trust me, I appreciate the reviews, even the one liners, but if you write "I didn't like it too much" FUCKING tell me what was bad! ELABORATE PEOPLE!
What also grinds my gears is that no one seems to know how to return a favor. If you see someone who has reviewed your song and it looks like they took more than 5 minutes to write it, be nice and return the favor. NO ONE seems to know how to do that. Its ridiculous.

The AP forums. What the hell happened here?! Since like mid '08 a stream of newfags have seemed to have flooded this place and made it a shit hole. I don't post here anymore because of it. I'm sorry. Call me old fashioned but I liked the days when people respected each other and their opinions. There doesn't seem to be that same respect around here anymore.

Lastly the AP itself. Has seen some amazing music, and still does. BUT there are SOO many good songs that get bombed because they are just that: GOOD. Its just about impossible to filter out the shit from the gold. I've tried and it's just annoying. I understand people are new, and they are trying, but it doesn't feel like people are trying to get better but instead get noticed. Sure top 5 is great, but for real, make music that sounds like you worked HARD on it? Please? That would be great.

I'm sorry for this rant, I'm sorry for making you cry, but I'm just getting sick and tired of this shit. Changes need to be made. Many of them needed to be addressed a while ago.

-Drew AKA TMM43

I need a cigarette.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-05-14 19:26:34

At 5/14/09 07:19 PM, TMM43 wrote: Sorry for double post. I doubt anyone is going to go back and read what I wrote so I'm reposting here:

RANT

I agree with your rant. i have given up on getting pissed off about though. ill just keep uploading my audio and seeing what happens. and to all you zero bombers out there. go outside. get a life. grow some pubes.
and have a nice day.

stat post. today is my one year anniversary of joining newgrounds.. GO ME!

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-05-14 19:28:46

Rant
Dude. Seriously, chill out a bit. The stuff you said about voting and reviews- WE KNOW. We're on the same damn site. And we also know that this isn't the place to bitch about it.

As for the mid '08 remark, I seriously resent it. I'm technically one of the "newfags" that you mentioned. As are Mich, Symbol, iCurrie, MrSaint, Youri... (just to name a few off the last few pages). All of them contribute to the discussion, and act fairly towards other users.

So, what in fuck's name do you mean we don't respect each other? This isn't the damn Mafia that would make us all constantly repeat how much we respect each other every day. It's an unspoken rule- if you're not an ass, you respect people. There are instances when this isn't the case, but hey: seeing your post, you of all people know that folks get pissed off every once in a while.

So, the summary of the shit you're 'sick and tired of' is: Zerobombing, no reviews, Top 5 and new folks. Well boo-fucking-hoo. Suck it up like the rest of us and try to show new people some of that respect you mentioned.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-05-14 19:38:53

To change the subject to a sillier, less-pissy sort of discussion...

First off, after getting bugged about it for months... I finally got a damn twitter.

Had to cave in eventually I guess.

And yeah.. I know.. it sucks to not have a zerobombcast to alleviate the pain and suffering induced by the weekly top 5. (I'm really working on getting steady interwebs back.. and I'll have it when I move into the new place.. but that got pushed to the end of june)

I am DJing on a regular basis at the weekly rave my friends and I run though.. which is awesome.. and...

Who's up for a big-ol summer midwest NG audio meet?

I definitely want to have one this year. =D

BBS Signature