00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Jmurr12 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Audio Forum Lounge

1,770,591 Views | 34,293 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-01-27 00:53:36

Audio Advertisements

Depends, sometimes I feel like being a responsible audio portal member and check out other peoples stuff. Sometimes im in a hurry so I dont. I just wish the Audio Portal wasnt so messy and chaotic...it would make it easier to want to submit stuff and contribute

Lemonsourkid made me somefin

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-01-27 01:42:53

Archive.org

Awesome idea that has been around for forever.. but anyways.. still nifty. Just ran across it.

Ever wonder what NG looked like almost 10 years ago?

Or the AP in its infancy?

The beginning... of... THE AUDIO FORUM. =O

And thus ends a wonderful fun post by EchozAurora.

Also, holy shiz it's SadSpoon?! How goes it?

At 1/16/12 03:08 AM, Xyresic wrote: EchozAurora: The SEXY Audio Mod. (2019 edit lol not anymoar)

Check out soundcloud.com/echozaurora for more recent songs and DJ mixes!

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-01-27 01:44:20

At 1/16/12 03:08 AM, Xyresic wrote: EchozAurora: The SEXY Audio Mod. (2019 edit lol not anymoar)

Check out soundcloud.com/echozaurora for more recent songs and DJ mixes!

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-01-27 04:59:17

City Life

So, on the weekend I moved out of my parent's house, I moved out of my small coastal town, I left my job. On the weekend I moved into the city with my brother, going to start my new job soon, going to start university soon. Everything's so different, but I guess it's nothing out of the ordinary, just another step a lot of people take, so right now, I'm just trying to make my transition as smooth as possible. Can't wait to get back into the rhythm of things.

READ: "A Fear of Great Heights" and other forthcoming adventures right HERE

Signature Picture by: Spartan204

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-01-27 05:17:20

WB's City Life
Wow, that sounds like a whole lot of things to happen in a small time interval. I suppose it must be very exciting, if not exhausting. Honestly, I would really like to get an opportunity like that, even if it was for just a shorter time period, but I'm not really sure if I could leave my friends behind. Then again, I guess you should use the opportunities thrown at you in the best way you can.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-01-27 07:19:57

Hades' comments on my city life

Yeah, it's been two days since I've seen my parents and old friends, but a lot of old friends from school have moved to the city too, so I guess that makes things easier. It was tough to leave a lot of my friends, but it's what I've got to do to move forward in life. Sure, it'll probably be about 6 months to a year before I see them all again, but what with email and instant messaging, technology shooting through the roof, it's so easy to keep in contact with people hundreds of kilometers away. I'd be kicking myself if I never bothered to make the move. Sure, I'm leaving a lot behind, but there's so many possibilities for me now, I have no idea where my uni course will take me, but I think that's half the fun, watching it all unfold.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-01-27 10:03:54

Chron's need to fap to Audio Users Pics.

I'm sure that's the reason you've created the thread.
Just for your enjoyment.

haha <3 you Chron.

Forgey!

..............The Guide to Newgrounds Audio

Latest Track: Phoenix

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-01-27 10:10:42

drawings

it's no problem if you guys wanna post a pic or two, but we DO have an art-forum, and if you wanna whore your work out - don't freakin do it in the lounge, do it in there where!
also, soon enough there will be an art-portal, so yeah...

Wakka wakka

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-01-27 10:40:45

At 1/27/09 09:21 AM, Chronamut wrote: City Life

moving out is good - stuff like cooking and groceries can be a bitch though,..

also have you ever posted a pic in the piccies thread? I don't remember what you look like if you have WB..

Piccies thread

If I remember correctly, I think I've posted two pictures there, one where I was dressed as god, one where I was dressed all emo-like. Because there aren't all that many photos of me. Maybe I'll post a new picture in the thread soon. Maybe. I'm feeling I should at least take a photo of my new computer and desk set up. The speakers and keyboard and all that look and sound so damn awesome.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-01-27 12:56:29

Drugs/Alcohol

I've never been much of a drinker, but I will occasionally get right pissed with my friends. Wish it could happen more though. Salvia and other things though? Man, I've probably smoked a total amount of 4 or so grams of salvia to myself :S I love the shit, and I can describe it very well... but I don't wanna type >:(

Drugs are badz PS lol

pervokative.bandcamp.com

pervokatively provocative perverted person

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-01-27 13:45:52

Drugs/Alcohol
Only thing I've ever drank was a glass of Screwdriver (vodka + OJ), a full bottle of Bacardi, and a shot of Sake. Although I'm looking to try out more maybe...

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-01-27 15:14:59

ART PORTAL?!!

At 1/27/09 10:10 AM, Rucklo wrote:

Seriously?! Freaking awesome, was this announced anywhere? (I'm out of the loop most of the time)

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-01-27 15:17:05

Art Portal

That's awesome.
BUT, will there be any other improvements/add-ons to Newgrounds along with it?
i.e. Fixing some problems with the Audio Portal?

..............The Guide to Newgrounds Audio

Latest Track: Phoenix

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-01-27 15:25:45

Drugs/Alcohol

I've had my fair share of alcohol and weed/hash so far. I've once or twice tried different herbal substances for teh lols, and it was indeed 100% lols. Me and my friend were laughing nonstop for 45 minutes. :f Though I don't drink and smoke nearly as much as I used to do. The 'experimenting' part's done, I just drink a pint or two when I go out, which is roughly once a week.

Art forum

Great! It'll be fun to see some talented works pop up. I'm a fan of simplistic and colourful drawings.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-01-27 15:30:38

Drugs/Alcohol
No comment.

Computer Stuff like in Minority Report
Or rather, I'm trying to build a set-up for my computer that involves touch sensitivity on a piece of glass.

I intend to take the setup and make it three-sided so that one can step "into" the computer.

Also, it'd be nifty as all hell to use for DJing. And it's not nearly as complicated or expensive as it sounds- I just need some infrared LEDs, a couple of Wiimotes, and a few projectors. :D

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-01-27 15:44:48

At 1/27/09 10:10 AM, Rucklo wrote: drawings

it's no problem if you guys wanna post a pic or two, but we DO have an art-forum, and if you wanna whore your work out - don't freakin do it in the lounge, do it in there where!

Drawings

Definitely sometime this year. Keep drawing, keep collecting, and then whore the lights out of it when it comes online. Those who take advantage of it's early start will gain the most exposure and establish the fastest as the popular artists.

So draw, and wait lads...

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-01-27 15:47:16

Drawing
Would photoshop 'art' also be allowed to be submitted to the art portal?

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-01-27 16:20:58

Weekend Audio Battle

First and so far only weekend battle took place last fall, and i think it might be a good time to throw another one? There will be a loose theme (secrut theme until it's launched OMG) to it, if it happens. So, i'm just checking here for opinions.

GOGOGO WEEKEND AUDIO BATTLE OPINIONS!

Wakka wakka

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-01-27 16:23:42

Google sites
Does anyone know if there's any way to just simply upload files to this service? Or is there now way? and you can only use their silly built-in editor or what? -_-

If I want a website, I want a good host, which google seems. And I want the ability to make it off pages I wrote in html myself -_-

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-01-27 16:46:46

Weekend Audio Battle

At 1/27/09 04:20 PM, Rucklo wrote: There will be a loose theme (secrut theme until it's launched OMG) to it, if it happens. So, i'm just checking here for opinions.

GOGOGO WEEKEND AUDIO BATTLE OPINIONS!

Yes! Lets do it! It sounds real fun ( I missed the the last weekend audio battle).

But Why must we wait until the weekend that it's launched to find out what the theme is?

I'll participate fo sho.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-01-27 16:49:22

Weekend Audio Battle

oh, I forgot to mention that the lounge will be closed during the weekend audio battle, if one is launched. ^___^

Wakka wakka

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-01-27 16:52:06

Weekend Audio Battle

I'd like to see another Weekend Audio Battle, simply because last time my entry was garbage, and I think I've improved greatly since then. Sadly, if its this weekend I won't be around...

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-01-27 16:52:30

Weelend audio Battle
Blah. I'm far too slow to pump out something nice in only a weekend :(
Besides, I have to work on my yearproject.
Maybe closing the lounge will kee^my attention on that then^^

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-01-27 17:01:55

At 1/27/09 04:55 PM, diminitive wrote: you're motivating people who otherwise wouldn't be.

That's the whole reason he closes the lounge.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-01-27 17:02:19

At 1/27/09 04:55 PM, diminitive wrote: Weekend Audio Battle

Hey that sounds like fun! Lol Immune got 3rded.

lol, what a failure!

Also... What about the peoople who aren't participating and want to hang out in the lounge? Isn't possible to keep it open, and only people who actually want to stay focused and win this actually do? It's kinda unfair that you're motivating people who otherwise wouldn't be.

well, this is a forum with it's main purpose to create music/audio. the fact that there is a lounge here doesn't make it a chat-hub, the lounge is here for the musicians to post with another fellow musician on a level that's not strictly audio related. my point is that if you're not making music, then why hang here in the first place? there are plenty of other places to hang. I'm not saying it's not allowed, just saying that this forum is primarily for the musicians, and from my experience the lounge is actually keeping alot of people from making music - i know it's true for me from time to time, at least.
also, it's about hyping it up a bit. hurr hurr.

Wakka wakka

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-01-27 17:09:23

What is this place

And why is there only 10 pages of it

Hi there my name is not Bill.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-01-27 17:27:38

Weekend Audio Battle

All of the old rules still apply?

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-01-27 17:27:39

At 1/27/09 05:09 PM, curriemaster wrote: What is this place

And why is there only 10 pages of it

This place
It helps to read the first post of a thread, so you know what the thread you're reading is about.

Basics of using forums... ^^

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-01-27 17:46:54

Hang on a second...

This is a forum???

Hi there my name is not Bill.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-01-27 17:51:37

Weekend Audio Battle

At 1/27/09 05:27 PM, zaporzan wrote: All of the old rules still apply?

uh, haven't looked into that just yet, it'll be known whenever the contest is up, i guess...

Wakka wakka