Be a Supporter!

The Audio Forum Lounge

  • 1,211,911 Views
  • 36,813 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
jpbear
jpbear
  • Member since: Apr. 24, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-02-11 14:41:26 Reply

At 14 minutes ago, Calamaistr wrote:
At 12 minutes ago, FairSquare wrote: Here you go :)
hi, im suprised when i search the audio portal, my name is nowhere to be found whatsoever in any rating.

wow, just wow.

Cant tell if you're angry, joking, pondering, or mad at fairsquare,

how does this post relate to the quoted material?

This post is just plain perplexing.

Twone
Twone
  • Member since: Jan. 12, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 35
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-02-11 14:54:55 Reply

At 43 minutes ago, FairSquare wrote: Here you go :)

I have a Mac. EXEs no work :(


BBS Signature
Buoy
Buoy
  • Member since: May. 18, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 40
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-02-11 15:12:13 Reply

At 26 minutes ago, jpbear wrote: Cant tell if you're angry, joking, pondering, or mad at fairsquare,

how does this post relate to the quoted material?

This post is just plain perplexing.

He probably thought the 'reply'-button was an actual reply-button like it was before, and not a quote-button. Then again, what a predictable post from you calamaistr. And I can see results just fine: http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/search/title/calamaistr As you can see the only submissions that come up are the ones where your name is mentioned, not all your submissions

DavidOrr
DavidOrr
  • Member since: Oct. 22, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 27
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-02-11 15:19:16 Reply

At 4 hours ago, Sequenced wrote:
I do that a lot to. I have a B+ average on math quizes, but on tests or exams I mess up. Sometimes I catch senoiritis (this is my last year of high school) and blow off homework for a week or two, but I still get A's and B's. My classes are a joke and my Mom does not realise that.
It doesn't make any sense! Once I get my driving license on Monday, I'm going to get a job and only come home to sleep. In the end, they'll still think that I am unable to take care of myself and I am stupid therefore I still need a tutor.

Sequenced, are you planning on college/ have you applied to colleges yet? If so, what are your thoughts on a major?


BBS Signature
Oakwood
Oakwood
  • Member since: May. 13, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 27
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-02-11 16:05:02 Reply

At 1 hour ago, jpbear wrote:
At 14 minutes ago, Calamaistr wrote:
At 12 minutes ago, FairSquare wrote: Here you go :)
hi, im suprised when i search the audio portal, my name is nowhere to be found whatsoever in any rating.

wow, just wow.
Cant tell if you're angry, joking, pondering, or mad at fairsquare,

how does this post relate to the quoted material?

This post is just plain perplexing.

Before the redesign there were two buttons, 'Reply to Post' and 'Reply and Quote'. The first one is now gone, so he clicked 'Reply' and forgot to remove the quoted text. Simple as that.


[Hidden Audio Gems]
SoundCloud || YouTube || Facebook
PM me for constructive reviews, collaborations or commissions!
Latest track: Clouds (Oakwood RMX)!

BBS Signature
RebelLouiz
RebelLouiz
  • Member since: Feb. 17, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-02-11 16:19:40 Reply

At 1 hour ago, Twone wrote:
At 43 minutes ago, FairSquare wrote: Here you go :)
I have a Mac. EXEs no work :(

http://echoone.com/filejuicer/formats/exe

every OS X has BootCamp as mandatory program.

Calamaistr
Calamaistr
  • Member since: Aug. 11, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-02-11 16:24:54 Reply

At 1 hour ago, jpbear wrote:
At 14 minutes ago, Calamaistr wrote:
At 12 minutes ago, FairSquare wrote: Here you go :)
hi, im suprised when i search the audio portal, my name is nowhere to be found whatsoever in any rating.

wow, just wow.
Cant tell if you're angry, joking, pondering, or mad at fairsquare,

how does this post relate to the quoted material?

This post is just plain perplexing.

it didnt, i didnt notiec i was quoting untill it was posted, just wanted to reply to the thread -_-
sorry if it looked that way cause of the quote thing.

sadly all forum is revamped, but still no edit button :[]


Original, classical and retro videogame music composer. (No longer take project clients from newgrounds but if you need a track or two from what ive got pm me.)

Calamaistr
Calamaistr
  • Member since: Aug. 11, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-02-11 16:28:04 Reply

At 1 hour ago, SBB wrote:
At 26 minutes ago, jpbear wrote: Cant tell if you're angry, joking, pondering, or mad at fairsquare,

how does this post relate to the quoted material?

This post is just plain perplexing.
He probably thought the 'reply'-button was an actual reply-button like it was before, and not a quote-button. Then again, what a predictable post from you calamaistr. And I can see results just fine: http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/search/title/calamaistr As you can see the only submissions that come up are the ones where your name is mentioned, not all your submissions

yea i dont like that, i wish it would actually bring ppl to my actual music -_- the few tracks with my name on it.. man those are ye olde, from like the 1800eds i swear. -_-
made with pots pans and tesla's trinkets.

this forum really needs an edit button, ive said this a million times and im sure a million other people a million times aswell -_-


Original, classical and retro videogame music composer. (No longer take project clients from newgrounds but if you need a track or two from what ive got pm me.)

jpbear
jpbear
  • Member since: Apr. 24, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-02-11 16:33:07 Reply

At 6 minutes ago, Calamaistr wrote:
it didnt, i didnt notiec i was quoting untill it was posted, just wanted to reply to the thread -_-
sorry if it looked that way cause of the quote thing.

sadly all forum is revamped, but still no edit button :[]

related

The Audio Forum Lounge

SpaceTheory
SpaceTheory
  • Member since: Jan. 14, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-02-11 16:39:56 Reply

At 1 hour ago, DavidOrr wrote:

Sequenced, are you planning on college/ have you applied to colleges yet? If so, what are your thoughts on a major?

Berklee College of Music. I'm auditioning in two weeks :)

annnnd long time no see man! how's life?

Sequenced
Sequenced
  • Member since: Feb. 6, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 20
Audiophile
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-02-11 16:40:45 Reply

Grrr, I keep forgetting to log out of my alt.


lel

BBS Signature
Buoy
Buoy
  • Member since: May. 18, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 40
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-02-11 16:59:17 Reply

Chronamut
Hey, no tiny award icons on our songs. Explain yourself.

Rahmemhotep
Rahmemhotep
  • Member since: May. 10, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-02-11 17:44:57 Reply

At 1 hour ago, jpbear wrote:
At 6 minutes ago, Calamaistr wrote:
it didnt, i didnt notiec i was quoting untill it was posted, just wanted to reply to the thread -_-
sorry if it looked that way cause of the quote thing.

sadly all forum is revamped, but still no edit button :[]
related

That's the, "Edit Signature," button, R-tard. Really though, I thought they'd implement an edit button in the redesign.


Click my sig for a free downtempo EP
Best Thread Ever

BBS Signature
Back-From-Purgatory
Back-From-Purgatory
  • Member since: Dec. 11, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 33
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-02-11 17:46:48 Reply

At A few seconds ago, Rahmemhotep wrote:
At 1 hour ago, jpbear wrote:
At 6 minutes ago, Calamaistr wrote:
it didnt, i didnt notiec i was quoting untill it was posted, just wanted to reply to the thread -_-
sorry if it looked that way cause of the quote thing.

sadly all forum is revamped, but still no edit button :[]
related
That's the, "Edit Signature," button, R-tard. Really though, I thought they'd implement an edit button in the redesign.

I'm pretty sure he knows that, he did put, "It's a lie" right in the picture.

As for the edit button... Someone got all angry at me when I was going over my pros and cons of the redesign and I put, "Still not Edit Post button on the forums"... They raged out at me like I was insulting their mother... It was cute.


Audio/BBS Mod
News: Bye bye Skype - Music: Tonight Will Be The Night- Art: Kira
\/\/\/ Click the sig for fun times! \/\/\/

BBS Signature
JaY11
JaY11
  • Member since: Aug. 25, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 21
Melancholy
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-02-11 18:30:46 Reply

Hey guys, I don't know if this is the right place for a post like this, but I didn't want to risk making a full thread just to have it locked. Anyway, what i'm looking for is advice for an absolute beginner on creating electronic music using a computer. Specifically i'd like to create ambient music. Like, what software to use, any external tutorials, etc. Any tips would be appreciated, thanks.

Daydream-Anatomy
Daydream-Anatomy
  • Member since: Oct. 10, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-02-11 19:18:02 Reply

What's the best thread/place to get a female vocalist for the february nac?

I asked in the NAC thread, but I thought it'd be appropriate to ask here too and I want as much help as I can get.

Also what do you guys think of the cheesy lovey pop lyrics I wrote for it?

"A fever I can never sweat
A thirst that is never quenched
I'm soaking with anxiety
wishing you were here with me

You're my addiction
withdrawl symptoms
my medicine I'm sick"
I just need another fix

Oakwood
Oakwood
  • Member since: May. 13, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 27
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-02-11 19:25:16 Reply

At 5 minutes ago, stratkat wrote: What's the best thread/place to get a female vocalist for the february nac?

Either here or here.


[Hidden Audio Gems]
SoundCloud || YouTube || Facebook
PM me for constructive reviews, collaborations or commissions!
Latest track: Clouds (Oakwood RMX)!

BBS Signature
Rahmemhotep
Rahmemhotep
  • Member since: May. 10, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-02-11 19:55:26 Reply

At 2 hours ago, Back-From-Purgatory wrote:
At A few seconds ago, Rahmemhotep wrote:
That's the, "Edit Signature," button, R-tard. Really though, I thought they'd implement an edit button in the redesign.
I'm pretty sure he knows that, he did put, "It's a lie" right in the picture.

As for the edit button... Someone got all angry at me when I was going over my pros and cons of the redesign and I put, "Still not Edit Post button on the forums"... They raged out at me like I was insulting their mother... It was cute.

I was being sarcastic.

Why would someone get angry that you'd point out that there is no edit button still? That makes little sense. >.>


Click my sig for a free downtempo EP
Best Thread Ever

BBS Signature
Back-From-Purgatory
Back-From-Purgatory
  • Member since: Dec. 11, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 33
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-02-11 19:59:24 Reply

At 1 minute ago, Rahmemhotep wrote: I was being sarcastic.

Why would someone get angry that you'd point out that there is no edit button still? That makes little sense. >.>

Sarcasm detectors on the internet are buggy.

As for the edit button... Well, it's the internet, people get pissed off over the tiniest, stupidest little things. Like me saying I want an Edit Post button.


Audio/BBS Mod
News: Bye bye Skype - Music: Tonight Will Be The Night- Art: Kira
\/\/\/ Click the sig for fun times! \/\/\/

BBS Signature
FairSquare
FairSquare
  • Member since: Sep. 25, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-02-11 20:06:52 Reply

At 3 minutes ago, Back-From-Purgatory wrote: Like me saying I want an Edit Post button.

WTF dude, you want an edit post button? That's not going to happen you sick creep!
NG has no edit ON PURPOSE, because now you have to pay attention before you post as there is NO going back.
That you don't understand this shows how ignorant you are and that you should just go away! AWAY!
#@$!#@!?!


Example of my singing here

BBS Signature
Back-From-Purgatory
Back-From-Purgatory
  • Member since: Dec. 11, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 33
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-02-11 20:07:52 Reply

At A few seconds ago, FairSquare wrote: WTF dude, you want an edit post button? That's not going to happen you sick creep!
NG has no edit ON PURPOSE, because now you have to pay attention before you post as there is NO going back.
That you don't understand this shows how ignorant you are and that you should just go away! AWAY!
#@$!#@!?!

I'm sorry...


Audio/BBS Mod
News: Bye bye Skype - Music: Tonight Will Be The Night- Art: Kira
\/\/\/ Click the sig for fun times! \/\/\/

BBS Signature
FairSquare
FairSquare
  • Member since: Sep. 25, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-02-11 20:12:59 Reply

At 1 minute ago, Back-From-Purgatory wrote: I'm gay for you

You wanted to edit your own posts? Too bad, i will edit them for you.


Example of my singing here

BBS Signature
Rahmemhotep
Rahmemhotep
  • Member since: May. 10, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-02-11 20:19:06 Reply

At 2 minutes ago, FairSquare wrote:
At 1 minute ago, Back-From-Purgatory wrote: I'll take my knuckles to your nuts if you don't shut the front door!
LIPSTICK SMACKING, ELBOW CRACKING, BACKWARDS FAPPING!

WOAH, guys! Chill out!


Click my sig for a free downtempo EP
Best Thread Ever

BBS Signature
Back-From-Purgatory
Back-From-Purgatory
  • Member since: Dec. 11, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 33
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-02-11 20:21:40 Reply

At 16 seconds ago, Rahmemhotep wrote:
At 2 minutes ago, FairSquare wrote:
At 1 minute ago, Back-From-Purgatory wrote: I'm a little teapot
Short and stout
Here is my handle

Here is my spout.

What's going on...
I'm scared.

Audio/BBS Mod
News: Bye bye Skype - Music: Tonight Will Be The Night- Art: Kira
\/\/\/ Click the sig for fun times! \/\/\/

BBS Signature
FairSquare
FairSquare
  • Member since: Sep. 25, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-02-11 20:22:20 Reply

At 14 seconds ago, Rahmemhotep wrote:
At 2 minutes ago, FairSquare wrote:
At 1 minute ago, Back-From-Purgatory wrote: I went golfing yesterday
I didn't
WOAH, guys! Chill out!

What? We were just discussing golf.


Example of my singing here

BBS Signature
Norato
Norato
  • Member since: Jan. 6, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-02-11 20:32:12 Reply

NEED ADVICE (or help, whatever)

Can somebody tell me, why my offlead changed sound when I mixed it with sub bass & offlead ? I didnt cross notes and they´re even not at same db and Hz level.

  • Magic forest
    Magic forest by Norato

    Progressive house song

    Score
    5.00 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    House
    Popularity
    51 Views

check out the sound at 01:04 and at 04:34 ... it´s the same notes, same synthetizer,etc...

btw Post me a message or write it in a review, your choice

Back-From-Purgatory
Back-From-Purgatory
  • Member since: Dec. 11, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 33
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-02-11 20:36:23 Reply

At 2 minutes ago, Norato wrote: NEED ADVICE (or help, whatever)

Can somebody tell me, why my offlead changed sound when I mixed it with sub bass & offlead ? I didnt cross notes and theyÃ'´re even not at same db and Hz level.
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/470671
check out the sound at 01:04 and at 04:34 ... itÃ'´s the same notes, same synthetizer,etc...

btw Post me a message or write it in a review, your choice

Making me post these links twice in the past 10 min... you're losing brownie points:

Audio Advertisement thread.

Work in Progress Advice Thread.

Review Request Club.

Use the appropriate threads.


Audio/BBS Mod
News: Bye bye Skype - Music: Tonight Will Be The Night- Art: Kira
\/\/\/ Click the sig for fun times! \/\/\/

BBS Signature
jpbear
jpbear
  • Member since: Apr. 24, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-02-11 20:38:49 Reply

At 2 hours ago, JaY11 wrote: Hey guys, I don't know if this is the right place for a post like this, but I didn't want to risk making a full thread just to have it locked. Anyway, what i'm looking for is advice for an absolute beginner on creating electronic music using a computer. Specifically i'd like to create ambient music. Like, what software to use, any external tutorials, etc. Any tips would be appreciated, thanks.

this thread just popped up: http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/1293317

I'd direct ya to the audio stickies, theres pages on how to begin there. But they have dissappeared since the redesign

New-Milkman
New-Milkman
  • Member since: Feb. 10, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 22
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-02-11 21:41:57 Reply

At 1 hour ago, jpbear wrote:
At 2 hours ago, JaY11 wrote: Hey guys, I don't know if this is the right place for a post like this, but I didn't want to risk making a full thread just to have it locked. Anyway, what i'm looking for is advice for an absolute beginner on creating electronic music using a computer. Specifically i'd like to create ambient music. Like, what software to use, any external tutorials, etc. Any tips would be appreciated, thanks.
this thread just popped up: http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/1293317

I'd direct ya to the audio stickies, theres pages on how to begin there. But they have dissappeared since the redesign

Le new "sticky": http://www.newgrounds.com/wiki/help-information/forums/forum -rules/audio-forum-rules

DavidOrr
DavidOrr
  • Member since: Oct. 22, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 27
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-02-12 00:58:17 Reply

At 8 hours ago, SpaceTheory wrote:
Berklee College of Music. I'm auditioning in two weeks :)

annnnd long time no see man! how's life?

Life is good! Nice to see loads of familiar faces on Newgrounds as I come back :). I'm applying for grad school right now, 3 of the schools in Boston (Boston University, Brandeis, and UMass Amherst), so I feel your pain/anxiety/nervousness/excitement. What instrument are you auditioning on?


BBS Signature