Xyresic
Xyresic
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Jan. 24th, 2012 @ 12:06 AM Reply

At 1/23/12 10:58 PM, jarrydn wrote:
At 1/23/12 10:31 PM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote: So you spend a lot of time jumping off the top of fences then? Interesting hobby.
lol, yes, but that's besides the point ;)

jarrydn is part of a world class fence jumping team. I hear they're lobbying pretty hard to make it an Olympic sport.

bork bork bork

BrokenDeck
BrokenDeck
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 38
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Jan. 24th, 2012 @ 01:33 AM Reply

At 1/23/12 10:52 PM, FatKidWitAJetPak wrote:
Thats my goal. You see, I'm trying to secretly kill people with my music. lulululz.

An intriguing idea.

You're an audio assassin.

Sounds like the concept for a great series, or at least a spoof series.

You use your audio skills to transmit lethal frequencies at specific people. :P

EchozAurora
EchozAurora
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Jan. 24th, 2012 @ 03:19 AM Reply

So... I never thought I would originally.., but now I'm strongly considering changing my DJ name as I transition. Thoughts?

At 1/16/12 03:08 AM, Xyresic wrote: EchozAurora: The SEXY Audio Mod.
Check out soundcloud.com/echozaurora for more recent songs and DJ mixes!

BBS Signature
FatKidWitAJetPak
FatKidWitAJetPak
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Jan. 24th, 2012 @ 03:27 AM Reply

At 1/24/12 03:19 AM, EchozAurora wrote: So... I never thought I would originally.., but now I'm strongly considering changing my DJ name as I transition. Thoughts?

Well, your current DJ name doesn't really make much sense to me... but it still just sounds cool. Plus, everyone knows you by that name. Plus, its on your freaking car lol. I would keep it. There is nothing wrong with it.

InvisibleObserver
InvisibleObserver
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 22
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Jan. 24th, 2012 @ 04:05 AM Reply

At 1/24/12 03:19 AM, EchozAurora wrote: So... I never thought I would originally.., but now I'm strongly considering changing my DJ name as I transition. Thoughts?

I'd be game for making a new sig. :P The name EchozAurora kind of sounds like a name that was picked cause it sounded vooshy. Like "Dj Ace Big Dick". It doesn't strike me as a name with a lot of intellectual content or meaning behind it.

I may be mistaken, but that's the impression it leaves with me.

I was actually wondering the other day how most of us came up with the alias names we use.

BBS Signature
Kirbyfemur
Kirbyfemur
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Audiophile
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Jan. 24th, 2012 @ 04:07 AM Reply

At 1/24/12 04:05 AM, InvisibleObserver wrote: I was actually wondering the other day how most of us came up with the alias names we use.

lol i know i'll need an alias if i ever decide to actually put my music out there lol

EchozAurora
EchozAurora
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Jan. 24th, 2012 @ 04:31 AM Reply

At 1/24/12 04:05 AM, InvisibleObserver wrote: I'd be game for making a new sig. :P The name EchozAurora kind of sounds like a name that was picked cause it sounded vooshy. Like "Dj Ace Big Dick". It doesn't strike me as a name with a lot of intellectual content or meaning behind it.

I may be mistaken, but that's the impression it leaves with me.
I was actually wondering the other day how most of us came up with the alias names we use.

It was something I came up when I started producing music more seriously back in 06. Echoes - reflections of sound. Aurora - Light/Radiation scattering as it hits the Earth's atmosphere.

Anyway though... I hadn't planned on changing it originally... but I was brainstorming names for a tumblr account and decided on Synthetic Siren... and it's somewhat stuck to me.

But yeah... having to get my car re-wrapped... would be sad. Lol

At 1/16/12 03:08 AM, Xyresic wrote: EchozAurora: The SEXY Audio Mod.
Check out soundcloud.com/echozaurora for more recent songs and DJ mixes!

BBS Signature
Back-From-Purgatory
Back-From-Purgatory
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Jan. 24th, 2012 @ 05:39 AM Reply

At 1/24/12 04:05 AM, InvisibleObserver wrote: I was actually wondering the other day how most of us came up with the alias names we use.

There is actually a story behind mine, but it's a secret.

Audio/BBS Mod
News: I want to write more metal... - Music: The Inevitability - Art: Kira
\/\/\/ Click the sig for fun times! \/\/\/

BBS Signature
BrokenDeck
BrokenDeck
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 38
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Jan. 24th, 2012 @ 06:17 AM Reply

Mine's an old skateboarding reference.

Hades
Hades
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Jan. 24th, 2012 @ 07:34 AM Reply

Ummm... Puppets?
I have a really silly question for which I doubt I'll really find a good answer here, but what the hell.

Long story short, once while I was traveling, my friends and I made a sort of puppet out of an old sweater, to have him serve as a kind of "trip mascot" or something. Anyways, we all kinda got attached to him and have been carrying him around pretty much everywhere.

As a result, the little guy is pretty dirty, and this is where my question comes in: since he's actually filled with rice (and pretty much should not get wet), is there any way of cleaning him without having to cut him open and empty him? That solution both seems impractical and I kinda doubt he'd enjoy it. :D

The Audio Forum Lounge

BBS Signature
LiquidOoze
LiquidOoze
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Jan. 24th, 2012 @ 07:59 AM Reply

When I signed up to Newgrounds in 08 I was playing Pokemon while configuring my account, but I couldn't think of a name. Then the term 'Liquid Ooze' flashed across my Nintendo DS screen and I figured that would do the trick. I had to put the words together because I hate using dashes in nicknames.
By now I really wish I had chosen something else, because LiquidOoze has nothing to do with me and it's not the most memorable artist name. I think 'Oakwood' would be much better, it's shorter, has a meaning, is easy to remember and it's also a literal translation of my last name. Unfortunately on every music site my account name is LiquidOoze, so it's too late to change it now. :(

SoundCloud || Youtube || Bandcamp || Facebook || Click below to listen to my newest track!

BBS Signature
Echo
Echo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Jan. 24th, 2012 @ 09:12 AM Reply

At 1/24/12 05:39 AM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote:

Maybe Back-To-Purgatory can tell us his and then all we'd have to do is switch round the direction! :D

Chronamut
Chronamut
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 42
Artist
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Jan. 24th, 2012 @ 09:34 AM Reply

Meditation

I actually have become quite knowledgeable on the subject.. me and jordan from spirit science. I can Pretty much close my eyes and just GO places and see things.. and my dreams are always like REALLY vivid now.. I dunno I just sorta notice all my skills keep getting finer toned. I don't just see the past anymore, I can actually FEEL what it was like too.

On the subject of creating things with your mind - think of all reality like one giant consciousness grid that time does not apply to. When you think of shit, it can actually be happening somewhere.. another parallel time, past present future.. it all just either gets pulled from somewhere or the thought itself makes it exist.. not here.. but somewhere. That empty space inside your mind where shit just seems to exist? Yeah it's like a little pocket in the universe where you're just endlessly creating shit.

in short, nothing you think is stupid, and nothing you think is fake. You make your own reality, and sometimes help in making others too :P

Want to chat with fellow newgrounders? Then go here & come visit The High Society Club!
ALSO - My sig isnt there just for show - CLICK IT!

BBS Signature
Back-From-Purgatory
Back-From-Purgatory
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Jan. 24th, 2012 @ 09:46 AM Reply

At 1/24/12 09:12 AM, Echo wrote:
At 1/24/12 05:39 AM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote: There is actually a story behind mine, but it's a secret.
Maybe Back-To-Purgatory can tell us his and then all we'd have to do is switch round the direction! :D

I would be interested to see that actually.

Audio/BBS Mod
News: I want to write more metal... - Music: The Inevitability - Art: Kira
\/\/\/ Click the sig for fun times! \/\/\/

BBS Signature
Usernamemyarse
Usernamemyarse
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Melancholy
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Jan. 24th, 2012 @ 12:21 PM Reply

Mine should be self-explanatory.
I downed a bottle of Jack D right before I signed up, its a miracle I could type coherently.
It was this or "YourFACEisausername"

I got the "DementiaFX" alias from a presentation I once did about Dementia and it just stuck.

BBS Signature
LiquidOoze
LiquidOoze
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Musician

SoundCloud || Youtube || Bandcamp || Facebook || Click below to listen to my newest track!

BBS Signature
B0UNC3
B0UNC3
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Jan. 24th, 2012 @ 03:35 PM Reply

You guys are crazy.....I feel right at home....:))))

CenterWall | Soundcloud | Facebook | Twitter

aDeafBat
aDeafBat
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Jan. 24th, 2012 @ 03:51 PM Reply

At 1/24/12 03:20 PM, LiquidOoze wrote: I don't think I've ever laughed so hard at a Youtube video.

HAHAHAHAHA What the hell?

Stupor
Stupor
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Jan. 24th, 2012 @ 04:21 PM Reply

At 1/24/12 09:34 AM, Chronamut wrote: Meditation

I actually have become quite knowledgeable on the subject.. me and jordan from spirit science. I can Pretty much close my eyes and just GO places and see things.. and my dreams are always like REALLY vivid now.. I dunno I just sorta notice all my skills keep getting finer toned. I don't just see the past anymore, I can actually FEEL what it was like too.

On the subject of creating things with your mind - think of all reality like one giant consciousness grid that time does not apply to. When you think of shit, it can actually be happening somewhere.. another parallel time, past present future.. it all just either gets pulled from somewhere or the thought itself makes it exist.. not here.. but somewhere. That empty space inside your mind where shit just seems to exist? Yeah it's like a little pocket in the universe where you're just endlessly creating shit.

in short, nothing you think is stupid, and nothing you think is fake. You make your own reality, and sometimes help in making others too :P

Everybody has a secret world inside of them. I mean everybody. All of the people in the whole world - no matter how dull and boring they are on the outside. Inside them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds... Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands, maybe.
- Neil Gaiman

Sometimes, it would rain men. "Hallelujah!", we would cry. Thousands were killed.

VsynthGt
VsynthGt
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Jan. 24th, 2012 @ 04:23 PM Reply

At 1/24/12 03:20 PM, LiquidOoze wrote: I don't think I've ever laughed so hard at a Youtube video.

That made my day! thanks.

BBS Signature
Buoy
Buoy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 40
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Jan. 24th, 2012 @ 04:31 PM Reply

I don't think anything has ever exceeded my expectations as much as this link

Chronamut
Chronamut
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 42
Artist
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Jan. 24th, 2012 @ 04:53 PM Reply

ah.

I wish I had this power

Want to chat with fellow newgrounders? Then go here & come visit The High Society Club!

BBS Signature
Hades
Hades
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Jan. 24th, 2012 @ 05:28 PM Reply

At 1/24/12 04:53 PM, Chronamut wrote: I wish I had this power

Giving you that power would be equal to giving a straight guy the ability to enlarge breasts with a sheer thought. It's fun and games in the beginning, then suddenly civilization falls apart.

BBS Signature
FatKidWitAJetPak
FatKidWitAJetPak
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Jan. 24th, 2012 @ 08:32 PM Reply

Both videos posted on this page deserve grammies. I request grammies.

Sequenced
Sequenced
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Gamer
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Jan. 24th, 2012 @ 10:31 PM Reply

I guess I learned my lesson for changing names. lol

lel

Adam-Beilgard
Adam-Beilgard
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 34
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Jan. 24th, 2012 @ 10:34 PM Reply

At 1/24/12 05:39 AM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote:

Mine too

...the four right chords can make me cry
Some mellow jazz

BBS Signature
Chronamut
Chronamut
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 42
Artist
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Jan. 24th, 2012 @ 10:37 PM Reply

At 1/24/12 05:28 PM, Hades wrote:
At 1/24/12 04:53 PM, Chronamut wrote: I wish I had this power
Giving you that power would be equal to giving a straight guy the ability to enlarge breasts with a sheer thought. It's fun and games in the beginning, then suddenly civilization falls apart.

and I'd be there to pick up the pieces.. with my bearem of 5000 men.

You know..

Start small.

BBS Signature
Adam-Beilgard
Adam-Beilgard
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 34
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Jan. 24th, 2012 @ 10:49 PM Reply

At 1/24/12 04:21 PM, Stupor wrote:
At 1/24/12 09:34 AM, Chronamut wrote: Meditation

Everybody has a secret world inside of them. I mean everybody. All of the people in the whole world - no matter how dull and boring they are on the outside. Inside them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds... Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands, maybe.
- Neil Gaiman

Today, a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed into a slow vibration. That we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream and we are the imagination of ourselves. Now here's Tom with the weather.

...the four right chords can make me cry
Some mellow jazz

BBS Signature
Kirbyfemur
Kirbyfemur
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Audiophile
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Jan. 24th, 2012 @ 11:13 PM Reply

At 1/24/12 10:49 PM, Adam-Beilgard wrote:
Today, a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed into a slow vibration. That we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream and we are the imagination of ourselves. Now here's Tom with the weather.

I had a friend once he took some acid, Now he thinks he's a fire engine, It's okay until he pisses on
your lighter, Kinda smells kinda cool kinda funny anyway.

satan, satan, satan...

I had a friend once he took some ecstasy, Tried to marry me and every one in the room, He was sort of loving kinda caring, kinda tried to fuck my lazy boy, It got a bit messy all over the curtains, arm chair covers, throw pillows, and carpeting.

Chronamut
Chronamut
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 42
Artist
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Jan. 25th, 2012 @ 12:36 AM Reply

the moral of this story is - I should give ecstacy to straight men?

BBS Signature