00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

TheADHX just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Audio Forum Lounge

1,782,915 Views | 34,324 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-07-30 09:01:34

At 7/29/12 10:10 PM, Kirbyfemur wrote: Honestly, i liked them before the dark horse album, at least when the songs where about sex or drugs at least they had some(even if only a litte) more lyrical substance behind it. Now they have terrible lyrics but some of the best mixing/mastering and i have heard in a long time, so i'm conflicted cause it sounds great but it's retarded to listen to.

Yeah, the only sense of guilt I have for buying the tickets is because of Nickelback's grotesque lyrics. Apart from that, I like the music. And I liked them even after Dark Horse... it's their latest album I thought was a bit of a let down.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-07-30 15:06:25

Hai guys, I've been without internet for a week because I was in France. What did I miss, other than the mandatory cock discussions?

[Hidden Audio Gems]

SoundCloud || YouTube || Facebook

PM me for constructive reviews, collaborations or commissions!

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-07-30 15:19:37

Am I crazy or did 50 pages of the lounge just disappear?

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-07-30 15:24:18

At 7/30/12 03:19 PM, Breed wrote: Am I crazy or did 50 pages of the lounge just disappear?

I blame BFP

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-07-30 15:31:58

At 7/30/12 03:24 PM, Kirbyfemur wrote:
At 7/30/12 03:19 PM, Breed wrote: Am I crazy or did 50 pages of the lounge just disappear?
I blame BFP

Okay, seriously, who broke this shit

The Audio Forum Lounge

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-07-30 15:46:09

Pretty sure it's because they deleted LaForge's account along with all his posts...

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-07-30 15:55:35

At 7/30/12 03:48 PM, Braiton wrote:
At 7/30/12 03:46 PM, AuruxBlu wrote:
Pretty sure it's because they deleted LaForge's account along with all his posts...
Fuck. I blame the 15 second difference on my internet.

Damn internet...

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-07-30 16:24:01

I blame BFP

I assure you I had nothing to do with it.

Look on the bright side though... those of you who missed the 1000th page get a second chance now.

Audio/BBS Mod

News: Bye bye Skype - Music: Tonight Will Be The Night- Art: Kira

\/\/\/ Click the sig for fun times! \/\/\/

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-07-30 17:49:04

At 7/30/12 04:24 PM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote:
I blame BFP
I assure you I had nothing to do with it.

Look on the bright side though... those of you who missed the 1000th page get a second chance now

YAY! Bahahaha. And... uhhh... how goes it everyone? Long time, no login here.

At 1/16/12 03:08 AM, Xyresic wrote: EchozAurora: The SEXY Audio Mod. (2019 edit lol not anymoar)

Check out soundcloud.com/echozaurora for more recent songs and DJ mixes!

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-07-30 18:04:19

At 7/30/12 05:49 PM, EchozAurora wrote: YAY! Bahahaha. And... uhhh... how goes it everyone? Long time, no login here.

It seems to go well, though there has been a strange lack in penis jokes lately. Maybe everyone has finally matured beyond that!

And life stuff school stuff, and apparently jobs don't want to hire me cause i still am lacking in american currency

and since bitches love dat currency shit i ain't got no bitches

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-07-30 18:42:16

At 7/30/12 06:04 PM, Kirbyfemur wrote: It seems to go well, though there has been a strange lack in penis jokes lately. Maybe everyone has finally matured beyond that!

And life stuff school stuff, and apparently jobs don't want to hire me cause i still am lacking in american currency

and since bitches love dat currency shit i ain't got no bitches

Lacking in penis jokes?! That... is stunning. I hear you on the being broke as hell bit though, my work has been super slow. On the bitches love currency bit... I've been with my girlfriend for over three months now lol... but maybe it's different in a lesbian relationship?

At 1/16/12 03:08 AM, Xyresic wrote: EchozAurora: The SEXY Audio Mod. (2019 edit lol not anymoar)

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-07-30 19:00:51

At 7/30/12 06:42 PM, EchozAurora wrote: Lacking in penis jokes?! That... is stunning.

I know, maybe this 2012 thing has something to it...

I hear you on the being broke as hell bit though, my work has been super slow.

Hey at least you've got a slow paying job, i'm still waiting to even get an interview lol

On the bitches love currency bit... I've been with my girlfriend for over three months now lol... but maybe it's different in a lesbian relationship?

Eh was mostly kidding, since the one's you wanna be with are the one's who couldn't give two damns about you financial or genital situation. My biggest hurtle in getting the womens is my confidence level

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-07-30 19:20:03

At 7/30/12 07:00 PM, Kirbyfemur wrote:
Eh was mostly kidding, since the one's you wanna be with are the one's who couldn't give two damns about you financial or genital situation. My biggest hurtle in getting the womens is my confidence level

I think that is the biggest hurdle for most people, regardless of gender or orientation. I'm three months into a relationship with a girl that started because she was looking for a rebound from a three year relationship that went disastrously. It happened entirely by chance, and through a lot of chaos has turned into something really awesome.

Both of us are kinda awkward though, so the beginning of it all was a bit tricky to communicate well. The best way I've found to get around the confidence bit is to add a lil booze to the situation and just see how things go. Look at it like an experiment, just keep altering variables until you find results!

And zomg 2012... the end of penis jokes is the end of all! :O

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-07-30 19:51:02

Alright, so there are three moms, a blond, a brunette, and a redhead.

They were all talking one day and the brunette says "Oh my gosh y'all I went through my daughter's purse the other day to get some gum, and I found an ounce of weed. I cannot believe she smokes weed!"

They comfort her, and the redhead says "Yeah, well I found a fake I.D. In my daughter's purse. I can't believe she drinks." So they all comfort her.

Then the blonde says "That's nothing. I found a condom in my daughter's purse. I just cannot believe she has a penis!"

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-07-30 20:18:50

Then the blonde says "That's nothing. I found a condom in my daughter's purse. I just cannot believe she has a penis!"

that was terrible

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tq_SY1dgdmE

"I want to care but I just... don't" -Me

Need somewhere to host audio instantly?

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-07-30 20:27:07

At 7/30/12 08:22 PM, Braiton wrote:
At 7/30/12 07:51 PM, SuperBastard wrote: Then the blonde says "That's nothing. I found a condom in my daughter's purse. I just cannot believe she has a penis!"
The important thing is you gave it your all.

Hey, the dude tried

The Audio Forum Lounge

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-07-30 21:42:23

hey do any of you nerds play Magic: The Gathering (or the online variant)?

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-07-30 21:50:30

At 7/30/12 09:42 PM, jarrydn wrote: hey do any of you nerds play Magic: The Gathering (or the online variant)?

I have 2011 and 2012 versions on Steam, and I play the actual table top every so often with a friend.... I'm too cheap to actually go out and buy my own cards for building decks though, so I generally just build decks out of my buddies collection.

Audio/BBS Mod

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-07-30 22:42:52

At 7/30/12 09:42 PM, jarrydn wrote: hey do any of you nerds play Magic: The Gathering (or the online variant)?

I stopped playing after they started charging like 35 bucks per deck or whatever....... and that also happened to be an extremely long time ago..... like almost a decade...... wow that game is old. I still got a deck somewhere in my desk though

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-07-30 22:48:36

i knew the audio forum would deliver.

ok, here's my problem. i got a 2013 core pack, and i've got a couple of cheap lots of bulk commons/uncommons on the way. Now how do i build a deck which doesn't suck. Is there any particular mana colour which is more forgiving for new players? Blue looks cool because you have lots of deck control options, but the vastness of it all is making my head spin.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-07-30 22:58:20

My online RPG playing is pretty limited to Skyrim at the moment. Otherwise it's a RTS like SC2 that gets me by.

Anyone else in the North America zone that plays SC2 wanna try and make a team?

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-07-30 23:15:46

At 7/30/12 10:48 PM, jarrydn wrote: i knew the audio forum would deliver.

ok, here's my problem. i got a 2013 core pack, and i've got a couple of cheap lots of bulk commons/uncommons on the way. Now how do i build a deck which doesn't suck. Is there any particular mana colour which is more forgiving for new players? Blue looks cool because you have lots of deck control options, but the vastness of it all is making my head spin.

I wouldn't start with a blue deck, blue is a lot of fun to play, but it can get ridiculously complicated. Personally, I'd suggest starting with a green or red deck, IMO, those are the most forgiving of all the decks... Of course it depends on how you build your deck too... but even then, I'd think those would be a lot easier to start out with.

And I'd stay far, far away from multi color decks til you really have the game mechanics down.

Not that I'm an expert on magic, I don't even own my own cards, but I've played enough of it to know how to build a half decent deck.

My advice for building one though, would be pick a color (Just one), take a look at the abilities on all your cards, and pick a general theme. You can go for direct damage (As red is good for), survivability/healing, buffing, etc... Pick a theme out of all the abilities you see, and build on it based on the spells and creatures you have of your collection.

Typical deck size is 60 cards, and depending on how powerful of creatures you have you'll want to adjust your card ratios to have enough mana to make up for high costing cards. I'd suggest at the very least, have 25 mana cards in your deck (Of course this varies depending on the player/type of deck... I generally start with 25), then divide the rest between creatures and spells that help you towards the theme you've chosen to focus on.

You'll no doubt have to do a LOT of tweaking to get it to play just right... but it's a great way to get used to the mechanics and how your deck works.

Personally, I play with an 80 card (60 is minimum, as far as I know, there's no max) blue/black deck, and it can do some crazy shit to the opponents field, but it took me a couple weeks to build it to my liking.

Audio/BBS Mod

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-07-31 00:06:40

At 7/30/12 11:27 PM, Braiton wrote: Ah, Magic the Gathering, good times. I used to play it and collect cards when I was younger (as well as Yu-gi-oh cards lol). I think I stopped when Mirrodin was released because they became too expensive, and I eventually lost interest :S

I think I still have some cards lying around.

Yu-gi-oh was pretty fun. It was soo chill, unlike magic where you have to plan stuff before you even play. Which is fun too.

Then there was Pokemon.....................................................
(o_______o)

GAME DIDN'T MAKE ANY FUKIN SENSE

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-07-31 00:11:42

At 7/30/12 10:58 PM, BrokenDeck wrote: My online RPG playing is pretty limited to Skyrim at the moment. Otherwise it's a RTS like SC2 that gets me by.

Soul Caliber 2 is an RTS?

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-07-31 00:12:51

At 7/31/12 12:11 AM, Kirbyfemur wrote:
At 7/30/12 10:58 PM, BrokenDeck wrote: My online RPG playing is pretty limited to Skyrim at the moment. Otherwise it's a RTS like SC2 that gets me by.

Soul Caliber 2 is an RTS?

I giggled.

Audio/BBS Mod

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-07-31 05:22:13

Hi guise,

So why is there only a 'respond to topic' (or 'reply') button on the top of the page?
I've always wanted to know that.

**gurgle... sputter.. huuuurrrlll**

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-07-31 05:28:09

At 7/31/12 05:22 AM, td6d wrote: Hi guise,

So why is there only a 'respond to topic' (or 'reply') button on the top of the page?
I've always wanted to know that.

What is there to know about it?

Bandcamp | Ko-Fi | John Wall of Sound's Bandcamp

one of these days i'll have a proper website lmao

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-07-31 05:35:57

The illogical choice to put the reply button on the top (while people read downwards), name the reply button 'respomd to topic' and the quote buttons 'reply'. It's just funny to me like that.

**gurgle... sputter.. huuuurrrlll**

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-07-31 06:24:07

At 7/31/12 05:35 AM, td6d wrote: The illogical choice to put the reply button on the top (while people read downwards), name the reply button 'respomd to topic' and the quote buttons 'reply'. It's just funny to me like that.

Before the redesign the 'Respond to Topic' button also came above every post. I find it strange that they deleted it, though.

[Hidden Audio Gems]

SoundCloud || YouTube || Facebook

PM me for constructive reviews, collaborations or commissions!

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-07-31 14:43:57

At 7/31/12 12:12 PM, Braiton wrote:
At 7/31/12 06:32 AM, Criminal-23 wrote: There's also a possibility...... I'm highly convinced that this is the reason.

Idk

This statement is like saying "There is a definite possibility the world might be a potato. I have no doubt in my mind that this is true, but i also think it could not be a potato."