New Topic Respond to this Topic
FatKidWitAJetPak
FatKidWitAJetPak
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-01-16 21:27:35 Reply

Plus his ambient music is amazing. Not a huge fan of his experimental stuff, he can get a little TOO out there to the point where it just sounds like noise and it becomes unappealing.

Bro, ever heard any of Syd Barets solo albums? Real experimental stuff there. :D

Xyresic
Xyresic
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-01-16 21:32:21 Reply

At 1/16/12 09:27 PM, FatKidWitAJetPak wrote: Bro, ever heard any of Syd Barets solo albums? Real experimental stuff there. :D

I tried looking some up but my internet wouldn't allow it to load... stupid bandwidth cap...

bork bork bork

SpaceTheory
SpaceTheory
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-01-16 21:52:34 Reply

At 1/16/12 08:57 PM, Computer112 wrote:
At 1/16/12 06:14 PM, SpaceTheory wrote: Skrillex's fans need a BIG slap in the face. Everyone who listens to EDM should know how influential Aphex Twin is...
And Skrillex likes Aplex Twin, you are fucked up bro!

Shut up, I love Aphex Twin!

jarrydn
jarrydn
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Artist
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-01-16 21:54:33 Reply

At 1/16/12 09:02 PM, Quarl wrote: I honestly hate producers that diss Skrillex. Let the guy do his thing in peace. If you don't like what he's doing then I could really care less. Thing is, he makes better music than you and he's worth about 2.5 million internationally. His resume will let him go anywhere. Your resume doesn't exist. Shut up and make music.

i don't hate them, i feel sorry for all of the awesome music that they don't get to listen to hahaha!

oh Quarl you cutie!

Anarkat
Anarkat
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-01-16 21:58:07 Reply

At 1/16/12 09:52 PM, SpaceTheory wrote: Shut up, I love Aphex Twin!

There is a different between 'love' and 'like'. I hope you are not talking about relationship...

Everybody likes Aphex Twin. You should be grateful that Skrillex has the same hobbies as you do.

SpaceTheory
SpaceTheory
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-01-16 22:14:34 Reply

At 1/16/12 09:58 PM, Computer112 wrote:

Everybody likes Aphex Twin. You should be grateful that Skrillex has the same hobbies as you do.

Okay, I am.

Move along, nothing to see here.
Xyresic
Xyresic
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-01-16 22:17:20 Reply

At 1/16/12 10:14 PM, SpaceTheory wrote:

You sure about that...?

The Audio Forum Lounge

bork bork bork

Anarkat
Anarkat
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-01-16 23:34:41 Reply

At 1/16/12 10:17 PM, Xyresic wrote:
You sure about that...?

I'm crying here...

SpaceTheory
SpaceTheory
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-01-16 23:41:10 Reply

At 1/16/12 11:34 PM, Computer112 wrote:
You sure about that...?
I'm crying here...

That's some hot lady.

jpbear
jpbear
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-01-16 23:43:49 Reply

You sure about that...?

I scrolled to the bottom without looking at posts and saw the bottom half of the pic, and was like: OMG HOT PICS IN LOUNGE.

Then i scrolled up a bit and was just like: "how did I ever even get my hopes up?"

Xyresic
Xyresic
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-01-17 00:15:06 Reply

At 1/16/12 11:43 PM, jpbear wrote: I scrolled to the bottom without looking at posts and saw the bottom half of the pic, and was like: OMG HOT PICS IN LOUNGE.

I'm only here for the boobies...

bork bork bork

Oakwood
Oakwood
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 27
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-01-17 10:35:21 Reply

It's funny how all of you now hate Skrilelx fans because SOME OF THEM interpreted one song wrong. I'm a Skrillex fan too, and I didn't. You hate me as well?

[Hidden Audio Gems]
SoundCloud || YouTube || Facebook
PM me for constructive reviews, collaborations or commissions!
Latest track: Clouds (Oakwood RMX)!

BBS Signature
FairSquare
FairSquare
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-01-17 11:18:38 Reply

At 1/17/12 10:35 AM, LiquidOoze wrote: It's funny how all of you now hate Skrilelx fans because SOME OF THEM interpreted one song wrong. I'm a Skrillex fan too, and I didn't. You hate me as well?

You made a generalization in an accusation where you accuse everyone of generalization.

Example of my singing here

BBS Signature
Rahmemhotep
Rahmemhotep
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-01-17 12:05:46 Reply

At 1/16/12 11:43 PM, jpbear wrote:
You sure about that...?
I scrolled to the bottom without looking at posts and saw the bottom half of the pic, and was like: OMG HOT PICS IN LOUNGE.

Then i scrolled up a bit and was just like: "how did I ever even get my hopes up?"

Oh right, like you guys have never seen that album cover. I feel ashamed... Hungry, too.

Click my sig for a free downtempo EP
Best Thread Ever

BBS Signature
Scratchmyballs
Scratchmyballs
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-01-17 19:10:00 Reply

At 1/16/12 06:17 PM, FatKidWitAJetPak wrote:
At 1/16/12 03:01 PM, SineRider wrote: my god...
Dear.... Lord....

I don't want to live on this planet anymore.

I like Skrillex, I have no reason to hate him, but I can't stand a majority of his stupid fans.

BBS Signature
jarrydn
jarrydn
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Artist
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-01-17 19:35:13 Reply

that screengrab from Skrillex's FB was a hoax btw.

Sequenced
Sequenced
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Audiophile
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-01-17 19:41:06 Reply

At 1/17/12 07:35 PM, jarrydn wrote: that screengrab from Skrillex's FB was a hoax btw.

I read through a lot of the comments on that status, and I saw half of them that was on that pic.

lel

BBS Signature
FatKidWitAJetPak
FatKidWitAJetPak
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-01-17 21:01:05 Reply

Blackout

Tommorow, NG is blacking out it's site in order to protest SOPA. Who wants to have a Skype party?

My Skype name is "Nick Sumbles". Add me bitches.

Back-From-Purgatory
Back-From-Purgatory
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-01-17 21:29:18 Reply

At 1/17/12 09:01 PM, FatKidWitAJetPak wrote: Blackout

Stampers post said it best:

At 1/17/12 06:23 PM, Stamper wrote: Health Department: We're getting ready to shut you down! Get ready, pal!

Restaurant: I don't like that at all...to protest, I'm gonna shut myself down!

I'm gonna be honest, I think this is going to have absolutely no effect on the bill whatsoever.

As for a skype party, crowds of e-people scare me... I'm gonna just hide in my bubble instead.

Audio/BBS Mod
News: Bye bye Skype - Music: Tonight Will Be The Night- Art: Kira
\/\/\/ Click the sig for fun times! \/\/\/

BBS Signature
jarrydn
jarrydn
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Artist
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-01-17 21:32:24 Reply

At 1/17/12 09:29 PM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote:
At 1/17/12 06:23 PM, Stamper wrote: Health Department: We're getting ready to shut you down! Get ready, pal!

I'm gonna be honest, I think this is going to have absolutely no effect on the bill whatsoever.

As for a skype party, crowds of e-people scare me... I'm gonna just hide in my bubble instead.

i think the point is that if you take it away for one day, everyone can relate to how it might be if it was gone forever. thus you have more people protesting against the bill, because they've experienced the possible consequences first-hand.

Back-From-Purgatory
Back-From-Purgatory
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-01-17 21:35:29 Reply

At 1/17/12 09:32 PM, jarrydn wrote:
At 1/17/12 09:29 PM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote:

i think the point is that if you take it away for one day, everyone can relate to how it might be if it was gone forever. thus you have more people protesting against the bill, because they've experienced the possible consequences first-hand.

I kinda figured that's the point behind it... but still, that should really be common sense, SOPA passes, Newgrounds goes "Bye bye"... I don't think we really need a demonstration to understand what that means.

Regardless, I'm not saying Tom shouldn't do it... I'm just saying I don't think it's gonna have the effect people think it will. Hell, if he was serious about this kind of protest, he should take down the whole site for a day, not just the front page as he mentioned later in the thread.

Audio/BBS Mod

BBS Signature
jarrydn
jarrydn
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Artist
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-01-17 21:46:44 Reply

At 1/17/12 09:35 PM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote: I kinda figured that's the point behind it... but still, that should really be common sense, SOPA passes, Newgrounds goes "Bye bye"... I don't think we really need a demonstration to understand what that means.

i think sometimes people can be given too much credit. a lot of people are quite willing to stick their heads in the sand, sometimes an active demonstration can help dig them out ;D

Regardless, I'm not saying Tom shouldn't do it... I'm just saying I don't think it's gonna have the effect people think it will. Hell, if he was serious about this kind of protest, he should take down the whole site for a day, not just the front page as he mentioned later in the thread.

i don't know what kind of effect it will have, that makes it a little bit exciting! Agreed about the whole site though, might actually manage to get some people to walk outside for a change :3

Back-From-Purgatory
Back-From-Purgatory
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-01-17 21:56:51 Reply

At 1/17/12 09:46 PM, jarrydn wrote: i think sometimes people can be given too much credit. a lot of people are quite willing to stick their heads in the sand, sometimes an active demonstration can help dig them out ;D

I admit I have a tendency to give humanity too much credit when I know I shouldn't... Too many people rely on blissful ignorance and then after the fact start complaining because no one burst their little happy bubble to tell them letter for letter what was going on.

i don't know what kind of effect it will have, that makes it a little bit exciting! Agreed about the whole site though, might actually manage to get some people to walk outside for a change :3

...Out... side? What is this thing you speak of?

Audio/BBS Mod

BBS Signature
jarrydn
jarrydn
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Artist
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-01-17 22:03:30 Reply

At 1/17/12 09:56 PM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote: I admit I have a tendency to give humanity too much credit when I know I shouldn't... Too many people rely on blissful ignorance and then after the fact start complaining because no one burst their little happy bubble to tell them letter for letter what was going on.

i think as a whole we're becoming much more aware and proactive, as long as we continue to exercise mindfulness and self-learning, perhaps the people will have power again? funny that the internet is the shaping up to be the rosetta stone for our freedom, it's no wonder they're trying to shut it down.

well i'm told that here in australia we're currently experiencing this "season" which you apparently call "summer". i don't know much about outside (it's supposed to be behind one of my doors), but i've heard if you go there during an australian summer, you will die a horrible death.

now that i think about it, maybe we should keep the front page up ;D

Adam-Beilgard
Adam-Beilgard
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 34
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-01-17 22:07:30 Reply

At 1/17/12 09:56 PM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote:
At 1/17/12 09:46 PM, jarrydn wrote:

Here, I can look it up on Wikip-

Wait...

What?

This isn-

YOU MANIACS!!! YOU BLEW IT UP!!!! AH DAMN YOU! GOD DAMN YOU ALL TO HELL!!!!

The Audio Forum Lounge

...the four right chords can make me cry
Some mellow jazz

BBS Signature
Back-From-Purgatory
Back-From-Purgatory
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-01-17 22:08:11 Reply

At 1/17/12 10:03 PM, jarrydn wrote: i think as a whole we're becoming much more aware and proactive, as long as we continue to exercise mindfulness and self-learning, perhaps the people will have power again? funny that the internet is the shaping up to be the rosetta stone for our freedom, it's no wonder they're trying to shut it down.

It's a conspiracy! Just like JFK, Y2K, 9/11, and the dead fly in my ice cream a couple months ago!

well i'm told that here in australia we're currently experiencing this "season" which you apparently call "summer". i don't know much about outside (it's supposed to be behind one of my doors), but i've heard if you go there during an australian summer, you will die a horrible death.

now that i think about it, maybe we should keep the front page up ;D

That sounds kind of scary, I don't think I want to experience this "outside". Better safe than sorry, as they say!

Audio/BBS Mod

BBS Signature
Blackhole12
Blackhole12
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Game Developer
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-01-17 22:09:20 Reply

Back-From-Purgatory is seriously underestimating how ignorant most people are. It's almost like he doesn't interact with a bunch of idiots every single day.

Back-From-Purgatory
Back-From-Purgatory
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-01-17 22:10:44 Reply

At 1/17/12 10:09 PM, Blackhole12 wrote: Back-From-Purgatory is seriously underestimating how ignorant most people are. It's almost like he doesn't interact with a bunch of idiots every single day.

And here I thought I've made it clear that I am highly antisocial.

Audio/BBS Mod

BBS Signature
jarrydn
jarrydn
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Artist
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-01-17 22:16:35 Reply

At 1/17/12 10:08 PM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote: It's a conspiracy! Just like JFK, Y2K, 9/11, and the dead fly in my ice cream a couple months ago!

you seem way too chipper for a guy who found a dead fly in his ice cream...i smell a conspiracy...what have you done with the REAL BFP?

Adam-Beilgard
Adam-Beilgard
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 34
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-01-17 22:17:48 Reply

At 1/17/12 10:09 PM, Blackhole12 wrote: Back-From-Purgatory is seriously underestimating how ignorant most people are. It's almost like he doesn't interact with a bunch of idiots every single day.

Back-From-Purgatory is a dude?

...the four right chords can make me cry
Some mellow jazz

BBS Signature