New Topic Respond to this Topic
Cross666
Cross666
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-01-11 14:07:18 Reply

At 1/11/12 02:00 PM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote: Also... 25 days til redesign... So long... I am disappoint.

Ok I didn't get this memo, is there any details aside from the date or is that it?

BBS Signature
Back-From-Purgatory
Back-From-Purgatory
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-01-11 14:08:15 Reply

At 1/11/12 02:06 PM, Chronamut wrote: lol? I'm not talking about midi rips. I am talking about songs that I used vocals in.

And I'm talking about the FF7 song you just put up a stink over.

Although if said vocals are from copyrighted songs, I strongly suggest you remove them.

Audio/BBS Mod
News: Bye bye Skype - Music: Tonight Will Be The Night- Art: Kira
\/\/\/ Click the sig for fun times! \/\/\/

BBS Signature
Back-From-Purgatory
Back-From-Purgatory
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-01-11 14:09:47 Reply

At 1/11/12 02:07 PM, Cross666 wrote:
At 1/11/12 02:00 PM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote: Also... 25 days til redesign... So long... I am disappoint.
Ok I didn't get this memo, is there any details aside from the date or is that it?

Newgrounds front page, below the news on the left side. The countdown is there. As for additional details, there are none as far as I know.

Audio/BBS Mod

BBS Signature
Cross666
Cross666
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-01-11 14:13:15 Reply

Oho shit I thought was a countdown for another game, since Abobo was just ticking away down there. Oversight -_-;

BBS Signature
Oakwood
Oakwood
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 27
Musician

[Hidden Audio Gems]
SoundCloud || YouTube || Facebook
PM me for constructive reviews, collaborations or commissions!
Latest track: Clouds (Oakwood RMX)!

BBS Signature
FatKidWitAJetPak
FatKidWitAJetPak
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-01-11 19:37:33 Reply

SO NERVOUS LOL. Three hours... First time DJing in a big club... BREAATHHEEE

Atlas
Atlas
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-01-11 20:14:20 Reply

At 1/11/12 07:37 PM, FatKidWitAJetPak wrote: SO NERVOUS LOL. Three hours... First time DJing in a big club... BREAATHHEEE

Dude I forgot about that I hope you do well.

Formerly Known As J-Rex

BBS Signature
FatKidWitAJetPak
FatKidWitAJetPak
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-01-11 20:28:22 Reply

Haha, thanks bro! Im doing Dubstep, Darkstep, Pantydroppingstep, Chiptune, Drum n Bass, Elektro, and CARTOON NETWORK VOICE CLIPS. Oh lawdy. So.. Excited.. AHH.

I need to practice some breathing excersises.

Cross666
Cross666
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-01-11 20:36:40 Reply

Oh when's this?

BBS Signature
Sequenced
Sequenced
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Audiophile
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-01-11 21:08:18 Reply

At 1/11/12 07:37 PM, FatKidWitAJetPak wrote: SO NERVOUS LOL. Three hours... First time DJing in a big club... BREAATHHEEE

Don't worry, you'll only have a panic attack when your programs stop working.

My first gig ended horribly by the cops, but next gig I'll be more prepared then ever.

lel

BBS Signature
Rahmemhotep
Rahmemhotep
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-01-11 21:18:52 Reply

I'm getting a fucking house. Hell yeah.

I also have a job now, but it's hard as fuck. Hell yeah.

Owwww, my entire body aches..

Click my sig for a free downtempo EP
Best Thread Ever

BBS Signature
Cross666
Cross666
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-01-11 21:23:24 Reply

Pro tips for First live mix
-----------------------------------

1. Let the first track play longer than 2 minutes, and don't start off with a banger. Go for a subtle start.

2. If you're bringing your own gear, and are plugging into a clubs mixer, have all your faders up and have your Master out and booth out all the way DOWN! Slowly turn your master out up so you don't blow any speakers.

3. Don't get drunk.

4. LESS IS MOAR. Fight the urge to fiddle with effects and loops every 30 seconds, if your tracks are good you don't need to be the prince of (insert-your-genre-of-choice-here) at your first gig, you'll have so many other distractions going on and handicaps that you're better off sticking to a clean simple mix for the first 30 minutes or so.

5. Breakdowns, use em don't abuse em. If you can't beatmatch then ok, just keep the breakdown max 16 beats and you're good.

6. Guess what? Club systems are so fucking loud that the high-fidelity you get from your personal studio is not what you'll be hearing in the club. You have a little more wiggle room and tracks will blend easier on a club system, just watch your highs and kick them down when necessary.

7. Watch your GAIN AND MASTER OUT. If you want to pop it at +2 on the Main Mixer's master out or rock that level, fine but don't let your sound go any higher, otherwise you'll be pissing off the owners and the club-goers (they'll be pissed when they wake up the next morning and still hear buzzing in their ear)

8. If someone is going on after you, give them the heads up when you're dropping your last track and make sure it's a long one, they may need more than 3-4 minutes to get setup and ready to go.

If you want any other pointers, just toss me more info about the event like venue, other DJs, if there's a theme what is it, where city-wise it is, etc etc. I could literally write a book about other tips to keep in mind based off simple event details.

BBS Signature
Xyresic
Xyresic
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-01-11 21:48:14 Reply

At 1/11/12 04:47 PM, LiquidOoze wrote: This guy just can't be serious.

Faith in Humanity -10

The Audio Forum Lounge

bork bork bork

Xyresic
Xyresic
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-01-11 21:51:12 Reply

At 1/11/12 08:28 PM, FatKidWitAJetPak wrote: Haha, thanks bro! Im doing Dubstep, Darkstep, Pantydroppingstep, Chiptune, Drum n Bass, Elektro, and CARTOON NETWORK VOICE CLIPS. Oh lawdy. So.. Excited.. AHH.

I need to practice some breathing excersises.

I'm no DJ, but make sure you KNOW what you sound like to the audience. I went to a place with a DJ, he had boosted his high frequencies so much that it was actually hurting my ears. Not from the volume, but from the sheer screechiness and high picthed distortion. Also, he had the volume up way too loud for the environment we were in, which was a large, echoey kind of structure, so things started to sound muddy.

bork bork bork

jpbear
jpbear
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-01-11 22:30:15 Reply

At 1/11/12 09:18 PM, Rahmemhotep wrote: success in life

Bitches love houses. And jobs.

MrSaint
MrSaint
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Melancholy
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-01-11 22:31:08 Reply

Something horrible just happened. Gonna try to keep this as short as possible.

I doubt that I spoke of this in the Lounge before, but my mother has an alcohol problem. I rarely speak about this with my friends and it's ironic that I am posting this here, but I feel that you can relate or give better advice.

Anyway, today Mom got drunk again and started getting at me. I already know it's useless to look for a compromise while she is in such a state, so I just went to bed. But it was really early, which is why I ended up reading and playing the guitar instead of sleeping.

Suddenly, mother rushes in and starts shouting and saying that I have to go to bed. I said, alright and started shutting down my laptop and putting away my guitar. She runs in again after a minute and sees that I am still out of bed. This results in a lot swearing. I couldn't keep silent and replied, so she attempted to smash all of my belongings that she had in her sight. Luckily I was fast enough, picked her up and carried her to her bedroom, saying that she is a bit drunk and must have a rest. This enraged her and she kicked, slapped me and ran into my bedroom. I enter and see her throwing down my TV, closing my laptop with excesive strength and kicking my backpack.

Shocked, I shouted, asking what the fuck was she achieving with this behaviour. She ignores this and goes for my guitars. In this moment, I couldn't control myself, so I grab her trying to stop her from causing any more damage. She resists, punches me and that's when I slap her back. Apparently it was a heavy one, which wasn't my intention (Guess it was heavy, because I have been boxing for so long. I swear it was light)

In shock she says that I am a shitty son, I should go die and starts saying if it weren't for her, my step dad wouldn't love me, etc, the usual shit.

So here I sit, mad at myself and my mother. I understand that I am fighting with her addiction, because when he isn't drinking - she is the most lovely lady in the world

I don't regret using force, because in the end she could've broken all of my shit.

Putting this out here because it's kind of difficult to cope with this on my own. ( My step dad is abroad right now)
Sorry for such a long read, my friends, but I can't keep this inside...

Cross666
Cross666
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-01-11 22:45:59 Reply

Call or talk to someone in your family you are very close to. Have them intervene, or go stay with them. If there's no one you can talk to or go to..

Call the police or call one of those hotlines.

Forget about the consequences your mother will face, that's her own fucking problem. It's not your problem, it's hers. They aren't going to let your alcoholic mother sit there and ream on you, they'll step in and fix it.

Don't wait for her to change, she wont, trust me. I've been there brov. It's much healthier for you I swear.

BBS Signature
jpbear
jpbear
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-01-11 22:50:16 Reply

At 1/11/12 10:31 PM, MrSaint wrote: stuff

My dad's been out of rehab various times throughout my life, I had a pretty stressed childhood as a whole. That said, she wont remember shit so be as harsh as you need to be. Get a good lock on your door too.

MrSaint
MrSaint
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Melancholy
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-01-11 22:56:10 Reply

At 1/11/12 10:50 PM, jpbear wrote:
At 1/11/12 10:31 PM, MrSaint wrote: stiffen
My dad's been out of rehab various times throughout my life, I had a pretty stressed childhood as a whole. That said, she wont remember shit so be as harsh as you need to be. Get a good lock on your door too.

Getting a lock will end in her smashing the door. Besides, I can't lock myself, because I have to check on her once in a while. There was a time, when she would get drunk and attempt suicide... So yeah.

DJPlus
DJPlus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-01-11 22:57:21 Reply

At 1/11/12 10:31 PM, MrSaint wrote:
Sorry for such a long read, my friends, but I can't keep this inside...

As much as it sucks, i agree with cross. ive been down the same road as you. (dad was always a raging alcoholic, usually a 30 pack every weekend.) After probably the biggest fight we ever had, both us saying a lot of things. i told him, when he was sober, about the event, and he barely had any recollection of it. i told him that i would have to call the police if this were to happen again, and in fear of what he might say, i left and went to my aunts for a few days. A few thousand dollars of my equipment, and a terrible couple of days, my dad decide to quit (or at least slow) his drinking problem. im not saying it will be the same for, but something has to be done. If not, shes going to keep doing it over and over. its an addiction. As much as you love your mother, she needs to overcome this addiction as much as you do. good luck, and best regards.

Rampant
Rampant
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-01-11 23:14:42 Reply

So... I asked a girl out today, and she accepted, and then rejected me. All in the course of two hours. I mean, what the actual fuck happened? lol

This is 100% true. But I also figured the lounge could do with a little humor, maybe lighten it up a little bit after these depressing dunk relative posts.
Back-From-Purgatory
Back-From-Purgatory
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-01-11 23:28:46 Reply

At 1/11/12 11:14 PM, RampantMusik wrote: So... I asked a girl out today, and she accepted, and then rejected me. All in the course of two hours. I mean, what the actual fuck happened? lol

This is 100% true. But I also figured the lounge could do with a little humor, maybe lighten it up a little bit after these depressing dunk relative posts.

So you're attracted to indecisive girls is what you're trying to say.

Audio/BBS Mod

BBS Signature
DJPlus
DJPlus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-01-11 23:29:29 Reply

At 1/11/12 11:14 PM, RampantMusik wrote: So... I asked a girl out today, and she accepted, and then rejected me. All in the course of two hours. I mean, what the actual fuck happened? lol

All i can think of is the subway sandwich commercial.

Rampant
Rampant
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-01-11 23:42:24 Reply

At 1/11/12 11:28 PM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote:
So you're attracted to indecisive girls is what you're trying to say.

I guess. I think I'll give up with that -- not like Beethoven needed a girlfriend.

Back-From-Purgatory
Back-From-Purgatory
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-01-11 23:45:35 Reply

At 1/11/12 11:42 PM, RampantMusik wrote: I guess. I think I'll give up with that -- not like Beethoven needed a girlfriend.

Beethoven didn't need hearing either, gonna give up on that too?

BFP getting all motivational up in here. In my own twisted way.

Audio/BBS Mod

BBS Signature
Rampant
Rampant
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-01-11 23:56:58 Reply

At 1/11/12 11:45 PM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote:
At 1/11/12 11:42 PM, RampantMusik wrote: I guess. I think I'll give up with that -- not like Beethoven needed a girlfriend.
Beethoven didn't need hearing either, gonna give up on that too?

I have intermittent tinnitus in my right ear. If I'm not careful, I could lose my hearing.

Suck on that, hearing!
Back-From-Purgatory
Back-From-Purgatory
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-01-12 00:01:00 Reply

At 1/11/12 11:56 PM, RampantMusik wrote: I have intermittent tinnitus in my right ear. If I'm not careful, I could lose my hearing.

Suck on that, hearing!

Well, I'm gonna be honest... That completely backfired.

Audio/BBS Mod

BBS Signature
Cross666
Cross666
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-01-12 00:11:29 Reply

At 1/11/12 11:56 PM, RampantMusik wrote: I have intermittent tinnitus in my right ear. If I'm not careful, I could lose my hearing.

I hear that bro.
(Troll-faec)

BBS Signature
midimachine
midimachine
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 14
Audiophile
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-01-12 00:37:46 Reply

At 1/11/12 11:56 PM, RampantMusik wrote: I have intermittent tinnitus in my right ear.

hey, me too :<

p.s. i am gay

Back-From-Purgatory
Back-From-Purgatory
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-01-12 01:26:06 Reply

At 1/12/12 12:37 AM, midimachine wrote:
At 1/11/12 11:56 PM, RampantMusik wrote: I have intermittent tinnitus in my right ear.
hey, me too :<

Hearing impairments all around! Everyone is aspiring to be the next Beethoven!

Also:
Bad-Man-Incorporated is doing vocals for my latest song... This makes me happy.

Audio/BBS Mod

BBS Signature