Be a Supporter!

The Audio Forum Lounge

  • 1,166,572 Views
  • 37,341 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
FairSquare
FairSquare
  • Member since: Sep. 25, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-01-08 08:11:32 Reply

Maybe Back-To-Purgatory is the same person as the one who made the UNFairSquare account, a couple of pages back..
CONSPIRACY! :O


Example of my singing here

BBS Signature
Back-From-Purgatory
Back-From-Purgatory
  • Member since: Dec. 11, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 33
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-01-08 09:04:27 Reply

At 1/8/12 08:11 AM, FairSquare wrote: Maybe Back-To-Purgatory is the same person as the one who made the UNFairSquare account, a couple of pages back..
CONSPIRACY! :O

I'll ask her for you when she wakes up.


Audio/BBS Mod
News: Bye bye Skype - Music: Tonight Will Be The Night- Art: Kira
\/\/\/ Click the sig for fun times! \/\/\/

BBS Signature
FairSquare
FairSquare
  • Member since: Sep. 25, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-01-08 09:12:00 Reply

At 1/8/12 09:04 AM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote:
At 1/8/12 08:11 AM, FairSquare wrote: Maybe Back-To-Purgatory is the same person as the one who made the UNFairSquare account, a couple of pages back..
CONSPIRACY! :O
I'll ask her for you when she wakes up.

But.. i.. you.. and.. shampoo eating.. closet monsters on the stairs.. mental breakdown TOOT TOOT BOPOPOPORRRRRrrrrspt


Example of my singing here

BBS Signature
ChimeraNoise
ChimeraNoise
  • Member since: Apr. 1, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-01-08 11:38:40 Reply

At 1/8/12 12:23 AM, Xyresic wrote:
Just listening to Banagarang, the song. Seems like Skrillex is pretty much sticking to what he knows. Not sure if this is a good thing or not...

Yeah, it sucks. The only really good track that I would find myself listening to over and over is Summit. Which featured Ellie Goulding. Granted, Skrillex's voice is sliced and diced all over the place and she only gets a verse. But it's still a well done, listenable song. Now if you're including the orchestral suite bonus track by Varien, that was also a great listen. Especially hearing the drop from First of the Year done with mostly percussion and choirs. Though the mastering seems a little screwed and it's obviously synthetic I would still suggest listening.

The rest is just club fodder. Ready to be cut into a mix and that's about it.


BBS Signature
Sequenced
Sequenced
  • Member since: Feb. 6, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 20
Audiophile
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-01-08 13:33:10 Reply

NYC Meet Up 2012

I'll be there.

SymbolCymbal is going.

Come join us if you guys are in town in May.

Derp


lel

BBS Signature
Oakwood
Oakwood
  • Member since: May. 13, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 27
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-01-08 14:50:18 Reply

At 1/8/12 11:38 AM, ChimeraNoise wrote:
At 1/8/12 12:23 AM, Xyresic wrote:
Just listening to Banagarang, the song. Seems like Skrillex is pretty much sticking to what he knows. Not sure if this is a good thing or not...
Yeah, it sucks. The only really good track that I would find myself listening to over and over is Summit. Which featured Ellie Goulding. Granted, Skrillex's voice is sliced and diced all over the place and she only gets a verse. But it's still a well done, listenable song. Now if you're including the orchestral suite bonus track by Varien, that was also a great listen. Especially hearing the drop from First of the Year done with mostly percussion and choirs. Though the mastering seems a little screwed and it's obviously synthetic I would still suggest listening.

The rest is just club fodder. Ready to be cut into a mix and that's about it.

Are you serious? I love the album, especially Bangarang and Devil's Den. Although I think that Sonny should've put less emphasis on the high frequencies of the hats and claps in Bangarang. Whenever I listen on headphones it hurts my ears.
I didn't like his album More Monsters and Sprites. Yeah okay, First of the Year is an absolute banger (especially the part were the beat goes hardstyle tempo), but the rest is shit. Ruffneck sucks, both versions, and the Scary Monsters and Nice Sprites remixes are much worse than the ones on the other album.


[Hidden Audio Gems]
SoundCloud || YouTube || Facebook
PM me for constructive reviews, collaborations or commissions!
Latest track: Clouds (Oakwood RMX)!

BBS Signature
jpbear
jpbear
  • Member since: Apr. 24, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-01-08 15:12:19 Reply

At 1/8/12 02:50 PM, LiquidOoze wrote: lawl i loo000vvveee skrillazx

To each his own, most avid "edm" listeners abhorred the album.

Oakwood
Oakwood
  • Member since: May. 13, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 27
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-01-08 15:17:49 Reply

At 1/8/12 03:12 PM, jpbear wrote:
At 1/8/12 02:50 PM, LiquidOoze wrote: lawl i loo000vvveee skrillazx

Hmpf...

Anyway, does this pic apply to anyone else? It does to me, unfortunately...

The Audio Forum Lounge


[Hidden Audio Gems]
SoundCloud || YouTube || Facebook
PM me for constructive reviews, collaborations or commissions!
Latest track: Clouds (Oakwood RMX)!

BBS Signature
Buoy
Buoy
  • Member since: May. 18, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 40
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-01-08 15:24:35 Reply

At 1/8/12 03:17 PM, LiquidOoze wrote:
At 1/8/12 03:12 PM, jpbear wrote:
At 1/8/12 02:50 PM, LiquidOoze wrote: lawl i loo000vvveee skrillazx
Hmpf...

Anyway, does this pic apply to anyone else? It does to me, unfortunately...

headphones? try all cables that exist

jpbear
jpbear
  • Member since: Apr. 24, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-01-08 15:45:24 Reply

At 1/8/12 03:17 PM, LiquidOoze wrote:
Hmpf...

Anyway, does this pic apply to anyone else? It does to me, unfortunately...

I've run over headphones and other cables countless times, and every time i wince and hope they dont break.

Fortunately I've never broken anything with my chair movement rage though.

Xyresic
Xyresic
  • Member since: Dec. 15, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 19
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-01-08 16:36:51 Reply

At 1/8/12 02:50 PM, LiquidOoze wrote: Are you serious? I love the album, especially Bangarang and Devil's Den. Although I think that Sonny should've put less emphasis on the high frequencies of the hats and claps in Bangarang. Whenever I listen on headphones it hurts my ears.
I didn't like his album More Monsters and Sprites. Yeah okay, First of the Year is an absolute banger (especially the part were the beat goes hardstyle tempo), but the rest is shit. Ruffneck sucks, both versions, and the Scary Monsters and Nice Sprites remixes are much worse than the ones on the other album.

I really only see his stuff as more like "Babbys first club songs". Everything he does is suited to be played on some decks, and as such it's all watered down. I'm not saying he doesn't have talent, but that talent is making the kind of stuff thats just forgettably simple. He's cultivated his "trademark" distorted modulated bass blah blah blah to the point where it's pretty much become the norm for all dubstep songs and people want to hear it in everything. And they do. Which is why he needs to find something new, or else he's going to start stagnating and stinking up the place.

Which won't actually happen, because the masses love him and his music and wouldn't know good music if it smacked them across the face with a raw steak.

bork bork bork

jpbear
jpbear
  • Member since: Apr. 24, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-01-08 16:40:08 Reply

At 1/8/12 04:36 PM, Xyresic wrote:
Which won't actually happen, because the masses love him and his music and wouldn't know good music if it smacked them across the face with a raw steak.

What if its medium rare? Raw steak is rather flabby yknow.

Xyresic
Xyresic
  • Member since: Dec. 15, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 19
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-01-08 16:41:33 Reply

At 1/8/12 04:40 PM, jpbear wrote:
At 1/8/12 04:36 PM, Xyresic wrote:
Which won't actually happen, because the masses love him and his music and wouldn't know good music if it smacked them across the face with a raw steak.
What if its medium rare? Raw steak is rather flabby yknow.

Not if by "raw steak" I meant "the whole cow"


bork bork bork

FairSquare
FairSquare
  • Member since: Sep. 25, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-01-08 17:17:02 Reply

The next time i'm in a restaurant i'm gonna call the waiter and say:
''Can you get me some meat quick? My life's at steak!''

i just thought that up ain't i funny

Example of my singing here

BBS Signature
Thegluestickman
Thegluestickman
  • Member since: Mar. 16, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Game Developer
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-01-08 17:52:01 Reply

At 1/8/12 03:17 PM, LiquidOoze wrote:
At 1/8/12 03:12 PM, jpbear wrote:
At 1/8/12 02:50 PM, LiquidOoze wrote: lawl i loo000vvveee skrillazx
Hmpf...

Anyway, does this pic apply to anyone else? It does to me, unfortunately...

Too true, though the damage is bigger when the cord is thicker. One time I lost a pair of head phones to my cat, fucker chewed the cable.


To protect the world from devastation.
kidd25 is the best Newgrounder ever.

BBS Signature
FairSquare
FairSquare
  • Member since: Sep. 25, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-01-08 18:41:58 Reply

Dream

I had this dream that i was an actor. I had to improvise a meeting with 2 other guys. We were in some kind of city council.
The 2 guys started talking and asked me to turn on the VCR. I did. When the video ended they started talking (i didn't had anything to say) and pretty soon the subject was M&M's.
I fucking flipped. I stood up, kicked my chair and shouted: ''WHAT ARE WE DOING HERE?! THE CITY IS CRUMBLING AWAY BENEATH OUR FEET, WE'RE LOSING ALL OUR POWER AND YOU ARE SITTING HERE, TALKING ABOUT FUCKING M&MS'S?!
That was the end of the scene and everybody was completely impressed by my acting.

The thing is, that it felt so good. All that anger, i could just taste it. And i'm a pretty calm guy irl.
BUT I DON'T HAVE ANY FUCKING ANGER ISSUES, GO AWAY!!!


Example of my singing here

BBS Signature
Thegluestickman
Thegluestickman
  • Member since: Mar. 16, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Game Developer
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-01-08 19:02:04 Reply

At 1/8/12 06:41 PM, FairSquare wrote: Dream

I am a dream interpreter, my book "Dream Interpretations" was a New York Times best seller.

According to the dream, the repressed feelings of anger you felt stem from the fact that you wish to have anal sex. Now we can judge the intensiveness of these homo-erotic feelings, by the anger felt during the dream. Now in your case, based on sound mathematical formulas and equations, the feelings are so intense that your asshole would become so loose from the intensive amounts of anal-sex that it would start to collapse on itself forming a black hole.

The black hole would then rip the space-time fabric allowing all of time and space to collapse on itself. The resulting object would be the densest object that has ever existing, eventually the heat caused by you asshole would explode into a new universe where billions and billions of years later, intelligent life would form.

I'm sorry I had to be the one to break this to you. Please tell your loved ones why the world will end.


To protect the world from devastation.
kidd25 is the best Newgrounder ever.

BBS Signature
Sequenced
Sequenced
  • Member since: Feb. 6, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 20
Audiophile
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-01-08 19:40:29 Reply

At 1/8/12 07:02 PM, Thegluestickman wrote:
At 1/8/12 06:41 PM, FairSquare wrote: Dream
I am a dream interpreter, my book "Dream Interpretations" was a New York Times best seller.

At first I was like :O and den i LOL'd.


lel

BBS Signature
dj-Jo
dj-Jo
  • Member since: May. 29, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-01-08 20:29:22 Reply


I am a dream interpreter, my book "Dream Interpretations" was a New York Times best seller.

Impressive.


According to the dream, the repressed feelings of anger you felt stem from the fact that you wish to : have anal sex.

Whut.

Now we can judge the intensiveness...

LOL

You really thought this out didn't you XD


I suck at grammer ^ can't you tell?
Yoooooouuuutuuubeeeee

shimmyya
shimmyya
  • Member since: Jun. 2, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-01-08 20:53:46 Reply

yo check this out and give me your opinion http://soundcloud.com/brentarnason/venet ian-snares-mix


queef!

Sequenced
Sequenced
  • Member since: Feb. 6, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 20
Audiophile
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-01-08 21:13:21 Reply

At 1/8/12 08:53 PM, shimmyya wrote: yo check this out and give me your opinion http://soundcloud.com/brentarnason/venet ian-snares-mix

so you posted it in the wrong thread and then posted it in the right thread.

why don't people read anymore.


lel

BBS Signature
jpbear
jpbear
  • Member since: Apr. 24, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-01-08 21:29:34 Reply

Anyone remember that movie called Secret Garden?

I dont even remember what its about, I just remember being forced to watch it as a kid (a lot) and being depressed because of it. Its not a big deal, but right now I got the urge to try to recall the story, AND I CANT REMEMBER ANY OF IT, all I can remember is how FUCKING sad i get when even THINK about the movie. Its such a weird feeling.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-sWnEWpS_
fA

gavkay21
gavkay21
  • Member since: Nov. 2, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-01-08 21:54:18 Reply

At 1/8/12 09:29 PM, jpbear wrote: Anyone remember that movie called Secret Garden?

I dont even remember what its about, I just remember being forced to watch it as a kid (a lot) and being depressed because of it. Its not a big deal, but right now I got the urge to try to recall the story, AND I CANT REMEMBER ANY OF IT, all I can remember is how FUCKING sad i get when even THINK about the movie. Its such a weird feeling.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-sWnEWpS_
fA

Its about little girls that find fairys in the woods and sell thier story to the media but fail to prove it therfore look like idoits, its pretty lame jpbear

gavkay21
gavkay21
  • Member since: Nov. 2, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-01-08 21:58:15 Reply

Anyone heard of New Motive Power. There a up and coming thier stuff is so awesome you should check them out if your into pendulamish stuff (but better pendulam imo).

Back-From-Purgatory
Back-From-Purgatory
  • Member since: Dec. 11, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 33
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-01-08 22:19:58 Reply

At 1/8/12 09:54 PM, gavkay21 wrote: Its about little girls that find fairys in the woods and sell thier story to the media but fail to prove it therfore look like idoits, its pretty lame jpbear

Think that's lame? I just tried watching Sucker Punch...

Half an hour in I couldn't stand how awful it was and turned it off.


Audio/BBS Mod
News: Bye bye Skype - Music: Tonight Will Be The Night- Art: Kira
\/\/\/ Click the sig for fun times! \/\/\/

BBS Signature
gavkay21
gavkay21
  • Member since: Nov. 2, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-01-08 22:48:21 Reply

At 1/8/12 10:19 PM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote:
At 1/8/12 09:54 PM, gavkay21 wrote: Its about little girls that find fairys in the woods and sell thier story to the media but fail to prove it therfore look like idoits, its pretty lame jpbear
Think that's lame? I just tried watching Sucker Punch...

Half an hour in I couldn't stand how awful it was and turned it off.

As soon as i seen the trailer i knew it was just about the hot chicks and nothing else. I am not going out my way to see it any time soon. However that new film "Goon" is okay seen it with a few mates on friday night it was good laugh nothing too amazing though.

MrSaint
MrSaint
  • Member since: Sep. 9, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Melancholy
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-01-08 23:08:12 Reply

Ah, the feeling when you are listening to an ambient radio station, it's 6 a.m. outside, but it's still dark. Why are you so mysteriously soothing?

shimmyya
shimmyya
  • Member since: Jun. 2, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-01-08 23:23:49 Reply

At 1/8/12 09:13 PM, Sequenced wrote:
At 1/8/12 08:53 PM, shimmyya wrote: yo check this out and give me your opinion http://soundcloud.com/brentarnason/venet ian-snares-mix
so you posted it in the wrong thread and then posted it in the right thread.

why don't people read anymore.

thought it was the right one and then i felt like a idiot when i realized.


queef!

Nechura
Nechura
  • Member since: Jun. 5, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 06
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-01-09 01:46:34 Reply

So like, I coulda' seen Noisia two nights ago in Sydney. I was gonna' buy tickets but I kept putting it off but it just hit me today, they probably wont be back here for fuck knows how long and they're my absolute favourite group.. FUCK. FUXCKBBDGJBDFBH!!SDRGTSS!

Atlas
Atlas
  • Member since: Nov. 14, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 21
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-01-09 01:50:43 Reply

Anyone know any MPX to MP3 converters?


Steam | Letterboxd | AllPoetry | Formerly Known As J-Rex

BBS Signature