00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

BACKRUMS just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Audio Forum Lounge

1,779,873 Views | 34,313 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-05-14 18:27:20

It's a pretty good guitar input for its price and very portable. And you can use it with an iPad, I guess. Nothing more of note.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-05-14 21:49:19

Shaving blade cuts hurt like a bitch.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-05-15 02:25:07

Peer Pressure

Made me buy diablo 3....I dont even want it....I just.....want.....to.....be......coooooooooool

*sobs*

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-05-15 02:44:47

It seems like after I spend enough sleep deprived time on the internets with Spikrodd, it always leads to lulz

To a friend in Facebook chat, try typing any of the following lines:
[[paynisse]]
[[dchest01]] [[dchest2]]

Hungry? Try typing:
[[tacobell]]

At 1/16/12 03:08 AM, Xyresic wrote: EchozAurora: The SEXY Audio Mod. (2019 edit lol not anymoar)

Check out soundcloud.com/echozaurora for more recent songs and DJ mixes!

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-05-15 06:03:14

At 5/15/12 02:44 AM, EchozAurora wrote: [[paynisse]]
[[dchest01]] [[dchest2]]

Hungry? Try typing:
[[tacobell]]

I'd rather not, actually...

[Hidden Audio Gems]

SoundCloud || YouTube || Facebook

PM me for constructive reviews, collaborations or commissions!

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-05-15 09:40:49

DAMNIT
I have this brilliant melody and I can't figure out if I've stolen it unconsciously or not

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-05-15 11:28:31

At 5/15/12 09:40 AM, Buoy wrote: DAMNIT
I have this brilliant melody and I can't figure out if I've stolen it unconsciously or not

Make a song out of it, upload it and you'll hear soon enough.

[Hidden Audio Gems]

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-05-15 18:09:08

At 5/15/12 05:11 PM, LaForge wrote: hey guys, i'm not dead yet. back in a few days.

Good luck man! And don't die :)

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-05-15 19:53:01

chipotle+subwoofer=not good

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-05-15 20:01:01

College Transfer Sucks

So, I'm a student at [X] University -- using that to save them the embarrassment of being slammed by one of their better students -- and it's one of the worst schools in the country. It's nothing but a money grubbing college: the administration doesn't give a shit about the students, as long as they can wring every last goddamn penny from your bank account.

The teachers I've had so far at "X" have been terrible. They're not particularly good at their job, and being graded by these incompetents is a joke. Did you know, I originally wrote Music Box Waltz for a class assignment? Did you know I got a C- on that assignment? Well, it's been quite popular, so who's laughing now, professor? Even the better teachers don't have much time for individual meetings with students: they're too focused on their own careers, or what's left of them at least.

Have you ever been graded by a failed musician? Go to "X" and you'll get that experience. Every. Single. Day.

So, now I'm at the end of my second year. They've had $80,000 out of me. I'm sick of the bureaucratic administration and I hate the school.

So I tried to transfer. To Y University (name also changed).

Unfortunately, the Admissions Department at "Y" is awful. They basically lost my application, the retard they employ as the Assistant Director of Admissions (let's call her Linda - name changed to protect her stupidity) was of no help whatsoever when I asked questions (and frequently just ignored entire parts of my e-mails, leaving entire questions unanswered), and there was an absolute breakdown in communication.

In fact, it was only today when I contacted the Director of Admissions that I found out that my application had been rejected. Hold on, you've had my application for three weeks, and you've told me NOTHING. Would it have killed you to take ten fucking seconds to send a "Sorry, we have decided not to admit you to the Composition Program" e-mail? Or is that too much work for you? You must be SO busy now that classes are finished at your school!

But I had still been admitted to "Y." Admitted as "Undeclared Major - University Studies." And to the Class of 2016.

2016? I've already done two years of school. Why are you treating me like a fucking freshman?

Oh, yeah, because stupid "X" uses a quarter system. Real colleges run on semesters. "X's" credits are nearly worthless, because every other university in the area seems to know that "X" is a complete joke of a school.

I hate my school, I hate "Y's" music college admissions team, I'm depressed and disheartened. And I know it's clearly not talent-based admission. The fat fuck who runs the composition department is a "contemporary classical musician" and some of his works are titled stuff like "Song for Voice and Electronic Noise": well, shit, with a name like that, it has to be good.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-05-15 20:09:05

At 5/15/12 08:01 PM, RampantMusik wrote: College Transfer Sucks

Sorry for you bro. I even thought UK colleges were better than US ones. Prof 'X' might have his fun on torturing his students, which is a common type of Prof. in US. MIT has plenty.

I hate my school, I hate "Y's" music college admissions team, I'm depressed and disheartened. And I know it's clearly not talent-based admission. The fat fuck who runs the composition department is a "contemporary classical musician" and some of his works are titled stuff like "Song for Voice and Electronic Noise": well, shit, with a name like that, it has to be good.

Why do you even apply for 1 college only? Try to wide admissions and don't let your hope down. Try for 'Z' college that not a total music/art college and they may have a better program than those 2 previous ones.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-05-16 14:37:43

At 5/15/12 08:09 PM, NorskeDrittsekk wrote: Sorry for you bro. I even thought UK colleges were better than US ones. Prof 'X' might have his fun on torturing his students, which is a common type of Prof. in US. MIT has plenty.

Haha, you and everyone else in ClabTrap need to do more research :P I've lived in America for the past 12 years haha

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-05-16 15:41:47

At 5/16/12 03:36 PM, Braiton wrote:
At 5/15/12 08:01 PM, RampantMusik wrote: So, now I'm at the end of my second year. They've had $80,000 out of me. I'm sick of the bureaucratic administration and I hate the school.
Whoa. Ain't that a bit too much?

Thought the same.

Feeling fucking sick.

Visited a graduation party yesterday. A friend invited me. Don't know, maybe it's because I ate something, or maybe it's because I mixed a lot of drinks, I feel pretty shite today. I've been getting diarrhea and after I started eating my meal, I had to vomit. And suddenly I started feeling cold. And it's like, 30 Celsius outside, or something.

Took some pills, still shaking. Being sick fucking blows. Also, I was going for a date today, but luckily the girl was busy, so I didn't have to say that I couldn't go. Hopefully I will feel better tomorrow.

So, how are you, guys?

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-05-16 16:31:42

At 5/16/12 02:37 PM, RampantMusik wrote:
At 5/15/12 08:09 PM, NorskeDrittsekk wrote: Sorry for you bro. I even thought UK colleges were better than US ones. Prof 'X' might have his fun on torturing his students, which is a common type of Prof. in US. MIT has plenty.
Haha, you and everyone else in ClabTrap need to do more research :P I've lived in America for the past 12 years haha

Partially we thought you were from England is because of your British accents from some of your rap lines...

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-05-16 16:55:53

At 5/16/12 03:36 PM, Braiton wrote:
At 5/15/12 08:01 PM, RampantMusik wrote: So, now I'm at the end of my second year. They've had $80,000 out of me. I'm sick of the bureaucratic administration and I hate the school.
Whoa. Ain't that a bit too much?

Yeah. My school gives a maximum of like three scholarships every year. None of them are merit-based, only financial.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-05-16 20:36:53

Rampant........

I love ya man, but you need to learn the great art of TLDR's

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-05-16 20:48:19

At 5/15/12 08:01 PM, RampantMusik wrote: college sucks

Dude college sucks no matter where you go. It's a matter of how much. That's why I didn't finish my degree and went into the field.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-05-16 20:49:33

xKore

big congratz to xKore releasing the Falling Down remix on OWSLA :D - bought it straight away haha

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-05-16 22:54:08

At 5/16/12 08:49 PM, AeroMusic wrote: xKore

big congratz to xKore releasing the Falling Down remix on OWSLA :D - bought it straight away haha

thanks

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-05-17 00:08:14

Rampant, sorry to hear about all that shit. It really sucks to go to any school that you expect a lot from, only to not get much out of your time there. I totally understand after my college experience. But shit man, 80 grand? That's fucking ridiculous. I'd be pissed. I went to a cheap school and was disappointed, but dude, a school like that, I'd be straight-up pissed.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-05-17 00:18:21

The college I'm going to (not Berklee) so far has impressed me with its care for students. I even applied for a training course to get a job in the IT services department. Extra cash doesn't hurt.

lel

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-05-17 00:33:32

At 5/17/12 12:18 AM, Sequenced wrote: The college I'm going to (not Berklee) so far has impressed me with its care for students. I even applied for a training course to get a job in the IT services department. Extra cash doesn't hurt.

I got a job in ITS through one of my dorm neighbors' window, because one of the ITS guys was setting up her computer for some reason. Much quicker.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-05-17 01:26:43

Sup guys.

Is there an AF IRC or something somewhere so I can say hello to you all again? I miss you guys sometimes :3

Also congratulations to xKore. Well deserved.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-05-17 02:12:22

eyy nav, check chronamuts user page, i think he's still running an irc channel

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-05-17 04:56:02

At 5/16/12 08:49 PM, AeroMusic wrote: xKore

Holy shit, that's one sweet tune. Congrats xKore!

[Hidden Audio Gems]

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-05-17 07:28:02

Girl

So a girl is coming to my place in about an hour and a half. She asked me to sing a song for her and i'm a bit nervous.
I haven't seen her for a year and she texted some time ago that she had really liked me. And i had liked her. But i never had the guts to tell her. I feel like i'm in highschool again.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-05-17 07:33:20

At 5/17/12 07:28 AM, FairSquare wrote: Girl

So a girl is coming to my place in about an hour and a half. She asked me to sing a song for her and i'm a bit nervous.
I haven't seen her for a year and she texted some time ago that she had really liked me. And i had liked her. But i never had the guts to tell her. I feel like i'm in highschool again.

I say go for it. Admit to her that you like her and she what happens.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-05-17 07:39:44

At 5/17/12 07:33 AM, BrokenDeck wrote:
At 5/17/12 07:28 AM, FairSquare wrote: Girl

I say go for it. Admit to her that you like her and she what happens.

I had liked her, but.. I haven't seen her for over a year. I mean, it's not like i totally forgot about her, but i don't know if i still like her like that. I'm only worried that it won't be as things used to be between us.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-05-17 12:43:29

At 5/17/12 02:12 AM, jarrydn wrote: eyy nav, check chronamuts user page, i think he's still running an irc channel

Ah, yeah, but iirc that was a general Newgrounds IRC channel (and I knew almost nobody there) :( I'll check it out again regardless.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-05-17 12:45:48

At 5/17/12 12:43 PM, Nav wrote:
At 5/17/12 02:12 AM, jarrydn wrote: eyy nav, check chronamuts user page, i think he's still running an irc channel
Ah, yeah, but iirc that was a general Newgrounds IRC channel (and I knew almost nobody there) :( I'll check it out again regardless.

Are you in the AF Skype chat?