Rahmemhotep
Rahmemhotep
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-11-16 22:15:16 Reply

At 11/16/11 09:53 PM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote:
At 11/16/11 09:48 PM, J-Rex wrote: Anyone here into Psychostick?
I have no idea what that is, but it sounds like some kind of drug.

Hey maaaaaannn... got some... *Snort*... psychostick?

It's a comedic metal band. Their first album was actually pretty entertaining, but when the previews of their second album came out, I stopped following them, lol. Their best song, musically, would be the one about his car being a piece of shit. That was the first one I heard when it played on the television radio channel thing years ago.

Their bast song comedically? Uhhhh..... I'm not really sure at the moment.

Click my sig for a free downtempo EP
Best Thread Ever

BBS Signature
Sequenced
Sequenced
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Audiophile
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-11-16 22:44:49 Reply

My first gig this Friday

I'm pumped.

lel

BBS Signature
Back-From-Purgatory
Back-From-Purgatory
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-11-16 22:50:23 Reply

At 11/16/11 10:44 PM, Sequenced wrote: My first gig this Friday

I'm pumped.

Lucky... I wanna start gigging, but it'd be kind of hard to do solo when I have strings, choirs, multiple guitars (Sometimes up to 6 guitars... rarely, but I've done it), drums, wind instruments and some electronic stuff to play. Makes me want to focus more on my electronic music and become a DJ... at least I can do that solo.

Complaining aside... what kind of set you doing? Big crowd?

Audio/BBS Mod
News: Bye bye Skype - Music: Tonight Will Be The Night- Art: Kira
\/\/\/ Click the sig for fun times! \/\/\/

BBS Signature
TMM43
TMM43
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-11-16 23:16:46 Reply

At 11/16/11 10:50 PM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote: Sometimes up to 6 guitars...

Really? I thought you had a ton of guitars? I think I remember seeing you say you had a lot? Or maybe I'm just making shit up...who knows any more.

..............The Guide to Newgrounds Audio
Latest Track: Infinity
Need Help? Real Life|Audio

BBS Signature
Atlas
Atlas
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-11-16 23:26:52 Reply

I'm pumped.

How many people do you know will be there?

Steam | Letterboxd | AllPoetry | Formerly Known As J-Rex

BBS Signature
Echo
Echo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-11-17 00:25:41 Reply

At 11/16/11 11:16 PM, TMM43 wrote: Or maybe I'm just making shit up...who knows any more.

Is this some sort of twisted attempt to create an existential debate? :O

Back-From-Purgatory
Back-From-Purgatory
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-11-17 00:28:10 Reply

At 11/16/11 11:16 PM, TMM43 wrote:
At 11/16/11 10:50 PM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote: Sometimes up to 6 guitars...
Really? I thought you had a ton of guitars? I think I remember seeing you say you had a lot? Or maybe I'm just making shit up...who knows any more.

I think you misinterpreted what I was saying a little, I meant up to 6 guitar tracks in a song (As in 6 guitars playing simultaneously), not that I own 6 guitars... Technically, I have 4 guitars at my disposal, an electric 6-string, an electric 7-string, an electric acoustic and a bass guitar (Standard 4 stringer... I'm not cool enough to have a 5 string bass).

And even if I had 6 guitars, I'd have trouble finding people around here that could play the parts. Not because it's complicated (Most of it anyways, I've been doing a lot more complicated stuff recently, nothing uploaded yet), but because over 7 years, I've yet to find any band members that are dedicated enough to stick around.

Audio/BBS Mod

BBS Signature
Rampant
Rampant
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-11-17 00:56:39 Reply

At 11/16/11 07:35 PM, LaForge wrote: I developed my permanent tinnitus when I was getting chemo.

I have permanent tinnitus in both my ears - around 15,000Hz. On top of that, I have intermittent 1,000Hz tinnitus in my right ear. (It's B5, I think, right?)

It was awful last year when I had to take a sound engineering course. Every morning, the professor would play tones to warm our ears up, and when he played a 1,000Hz tone, I always felt disoriented and dizzy....and then the B5 tinnitus would kick in again...

Atlas
Atlas
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-11-17 01:01:12 Reply

So can anyone recommend a good drum set?

Steam | Letterboxd | AllPoetry | Formerly Known As J-Rex

BBS Signature
midimachine
midimachine
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 14
Audiophile
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-11-17 01:05:14 Reply

You don't need to have more than two guitars playing live, ever.

p.s. i am gay

Back-From-Purgatory
Back-From-Purgatory
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-11-17 01:10:35 Reply

At 11/17/11 01:05 AM, midimachine wrote: You don't need to have more than two guitars playing live, ever.

I've gotten into the habit of never having more than 3 guitars on a track at a time... however, the stuff I do write with more could be easily played live with just 2, it's just it'd be missing a few layers of harmonies in certain sections.

But then, I can't play live, so it's really not much of an issue for me right now.

Audio/BBS Mod

BBS Signature
Breed
Breed
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-11-17 09:28:58 Reply

Having more then 3 guitars playing

Why the hell not? We gather people up to sing in giant groups. Whats wrong with a little SATB on guitar? or some interesting dynamic tricks you can play with in a guitar ensemble?

Harmonizing yourself

Did you know you can whistle and hum two different notes at the same time? Most of the time creating a nice and dissonant minor second.

midimachine
midimachine
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 14
Audiophile
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-11-17 09:31:14 Reply

Wasn't saying you couldn't, it's just never necessary in my opinion (obviously). You guys sure like semantics, huh?

p.s. i am gay

Breed
Breed
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-11-17 09:33:59 Reply

At 11/17/11 09:31 AM, midimachine wrote: You guys sure like semantics, huh?

Yeah we do. Its a forum full of piss covered trolls after all.

midimachine
midimachine
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 14
Audiophile
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-11-17 09:36:08 Reply

ur face

p.s. i am gay

Chronamut
Chronamut
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Artist
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-11-17 09:57:10 Reply

Well I'm glad to see something that was meant to be taken as one person's viewpoint on creation blew up into a massive religious dickfest- honestly guys lol..

GO WITH WHAT RESONATES.

You're all free to believe whatever the fuck you want - just don't go dissing what others believe cuz you really got no fucking proof to prove ANYONE wrong.

Astral Projection

So yeah I decided to do it yesterday and wound myself on a fucking huge spaceship - that was some trippy shit. Anyone else ever astral projected?

Oakwood
Oakwood
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 27
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-11-17 10:25:46 Reply

At 11/17/11 09:28 AM, LogicalDefiance wrote: Harmonizing yourself

Did you know you can whistle and hum two different notes at the same time? Most of the time creating a nice and dissonant minor second.

To me, dissonant =/= nice.

[Hidden Audio Gems]
SoundCloud || YouTube || Facebook
PM me for constructive reviews, collaborations or commissions!
Latest track: Clouds (Oakwood RMX)!

BBS Signature
PSvils
PSvils
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Game Developer
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-11-17 10:46:57 Reply

At 11/17/11 09:57 AM, Chronamut wrote: Well I'm glad to see something that was meant to be taken as one person's viewpoint on creation blew up into a massive religious dickfest- honestly guys lol..

GO WITH WHAT RESONATES.

You're all free to believe whatever the fuck you want - just don't go dissing what others believe cuz you really got no fucking proof to prove ANYONE wrong.

Quitting smoking comes with its side effects, but also just be sure to stick in an "I believe..yatta yatta", since it might seem like a minor thing, but it just makes you sound more open minded, and hopefully won't set off the philosophical rager inside of me.

Astral Projection

So yeah I decided to do it yesterday and wound myself on a fucking huge spaceship - that was some trippy shit. Anyone else ever astral projected?

I have never heard of Asstral Projection, though I have tried other narcotics. Is Asstral Projection a plant or is it "man made"?

and fiiine: Creativity = random neural impulses that get filtered by our brain depending on our past experiences/the neural network that our mind is. IMO. That's the short version of it.
Chronamut
Chronamut
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Artist
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-11-17 11:08:05 Reply

At 11/17/11 10:46 AM, PSvils wrote:
At 11/17/11 09:57 AM, Chronamut wrote:
Astral Projection

I have never heard of Asstral Projection, though I have tried other narcotics. Is Asstral Projection a plant or is it "man made"?

*biggest facepalm ever*

astral projection is NOT a drug - it is an induced state of consciousness in where your astral body asctually leaves your body and travels to other places. Many spiritual people have performed this. Doing this people can visit other people, other times, other realities, other planets, etc.

The only danger is you can eventually go so far that you can't get back into your body. Usually it's wise to have someone sit beside you and be able to shake you out of it. I had to tear myself out of it yesterday and that did NOT feel good after..

jarrydn
jarrydn
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Artist
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-11-17 11:10:03 Reply

I astral projected into my urethra, and I know it was real, because when I went to the toilet the next morning, it felt like I was pissing rusty razors, and sparks shot out the end of my dick (which was glowing blue at the time)

PSvils
PSvils
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Game Developer
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-11-17 11:19:54 Reply

At 11/17/11 11:08 AM, Chronamut wrote: *biggest facepalm ever*

astral projection is NOT a drug - it is an induced state of consciousness in where your astral body asctually leaves your body and travels to other places. Many spiritual people have performed this. Doing this people can visit other people, other times, other realities, other planets, etc.

The only danger is you can eventually go so far that you can't get back into your body. Usually it's wise to have someone sit beside you and be able to shake you out of it. I had to tear myself out of it yesterday and that did NOT feel good after..

No no, I know what you mean!

I smoked some salvia once, and had the exact same experience! Gotta love those induced states of consciousness. I mean, there is NO way it's only our imagination and creativity, or lucid dreaming. Actually, I heard Asstral Projection comes in the same price range as cocaine, so I might try it next time I visit my local back alley!

alfraydo
alfraydo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-11-17 11:24:08 Reply

don't mean to intrude upon your lounge gents, but this topic just so happened to catch my attention.

Astral Projection

i have never astral projected myself yet, though i have always wanted to give it a shot. my grandmother told me of her experience, as she does so quite often. she had found herself in the Bahamas or some islands, and described it as paradise.

i plan on giving it a shot, though i fear i will not come back. the spaceship sounded cool.

THIS WORLD IS MADE OF LOVE AND PEACE!

jarrydn
jarrydn
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Artist
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-11-17 11:35:43 Reply

At 11/17/11 11:19 AM, PSvils wrote: No no, I know what you mean!

I smoked some salvia once, and had the exact same experience! Gotta love those induced states of consciousness. I mean, there is NO way it's only our imagination and creativity, or lucid dreaming. Actually, I heard Asstral Projection comes in the same price range as cocaine, so I might try it next time I visit my local back alley!

I scored some 'aspro' off some weird hippies at a psytrance festival once. it wasn't the real deal, at least I don't think it is. apparently you have to process 10kg of slug-pellets to get a single dose, and most cooks aren't prepared to go that far (it's pretty dangerous), especially seeing as there is information circulating around some of the drugboards which teach you how to induce it on your own. Something about slamming your ballsack in a door until it turns blue/you pass out (whichever occurs last).

Anyway, all this 'aspro' did was make me feel kind of ambiguously connected to the universe, I guess, but kind of in a really 'horny' fashion. I wanted to do things to space-time. I tore a hole through reality and fist-fucked the vacuum of hyperspace for a good 4 - 6 hours straight (according to present company). I blacked out at one point, then woke up maybe 2 or 3 days later, dehydrated, confused, naked from the waist down, and I had my dick down an ant hill. When I pulled it out, it was roughly 20 times it's normal length, and there was an angrylittle alien clutching the end of it. He gnashed his teeth at me, then just disappeared. Like vanished. A note fluttered down from the sky, and it said "I'll be back, I'm going to bring all my friends, and we are going to fuck you up. and smash up all of your stuff. - &&&.@gjr-----.ek/"

PSvils
PSvils
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Game Developer
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-11-17 11:48:23 Reply

At 11/17/11 11:35 AM, jarrydn wrote: I scored some 'aspro' off some weird hippies at a psytrance festival once. it wasn't the real deal, at least I don't think it is. apparently you have to process 10kg of slug-pellets to get a single dose, and most cooks aren't prepared to go that far (it's pretty dangerous), especially seeing as there is information circulating around some of the drugboards which teach you how to induce it on your own. Something about slamming your ballsack in a door until it turns blue/you pass out (whichever occurs last).

Anyway, all this 'aspro' did was make me feel kind of ambiguously connected to the universe, I guess, but kind of in a really 'horny' fashion. I wanted to do things to space-time. I tore a hole through reality and fist-fucked the vacuum of hyperspace for a good 4 - 6 hours straight (according to present company). I blacked out at one point, then woke up maybe 2 or 3 days later, dehydrated, confused, naked from the waist down, and I had my dick down an ant hill. When I pulled it out, it was roughly 20 times it's normal length, and there was an angrylittle alien clutching the end of it. He gnashed his teeth at me, then just disappeared. Like vanished. A note fluttered down from the sky, and it said "I'll be back, I'm going to bring all my friends, and we are going to fuck you up. and smash up all of your stuff. - &&&.@gjr-----.ek/"

That is some deeep stuff dude!
I tried the ballsack method once, and once you numb them to the pain, the universe just opens itself up to you. It started with seeing the galaxy (stars) rushing around my head, and then I saw that hyperspace vacuum thing, and in fact dove straight into it, and then kept going back and forth before the vacuum orgasmed, and I witnessed the creation of the universe again, or I might have projected into someones toilet bowl as they were flushing.
I don't remember all the other details. And lol, my parents that I was having an overdose or something, since they took me to the hospital. But I told them it was a spiritual experience and it was cool.

jarrydn
jarrydn
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Artist
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-11-17 11:58:49 Reply

Lol parents are so dumb, they should try taking smart pills once in a while.

Yeah man hyperspace is into some freaky shit, and always sends you back into reality (or is this just a dream???????????????????????????????????
?????????) with a nasty little alien hanging off your pecker. I dunno maybe those slug pellets DID do the trick for me, I'm just glad that a covenant of hot lesbian witches lives down the road, they make a wicked ointment for this kind of thing.

I'm going to go to bed and try my luck at some astral rejection. I'm hoping that it kicks me back to about 5 minutes ago, before i drank the last mouthful of milk from the bottle. I really want to drink it again. I was huffing glue earlier (I heard you can 'sniff yourself sober' if you're having a bad trip across the astral plains), and I think I might have become a bit 'too' sober, if you know what I mean (i want to die, reality(??????) just isn't cutting it for me anymore). Anyway I heard that milk can bring a trip on hard again, if you drink it at the right time, at juuuuust the right angle (when the moon is at it's equinox), if you know what I mean.

FairSquare
FairSquare
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-11-17 12:26:23 Reply

At 11/17/11 11:58 AM, jarrydn wrote: Lol parents are so dumb, they should try taking smart pills once in a while.

You speak my language bro

Example of my singing here

BBS Signature
Chronamut
Chronamut
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Artist
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-11-17 12:30:05 Reply

this has to be the wackiest page of the lounge that has ever existed.

The worst is when you feel resistance during astral projection - like something is trying to drag you back.

I also fucked a guy in the spaceship. Or at least I think I did. It was pretty fun from what I recall - he didn't seem too happy about it.

Oakwood
Oakwood
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 27
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-11-17 13:47:03 Reply

Just watched American Pie, which reulsted in me rocking to this.

[Hidden Audio Gems]

BBS Signature
Oakwood
Oakwood
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 27
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-11-17 13:48:16 Reply

At 11/17/11 01:47 PM, LiquidOoze wrote: Just watched American Pie 2, which resultted in me rocking to this.

Fixed that.

[Hidden Audio Gems]

BBS Signature
Sequenced
Sequenced
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Audiophile
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-11-17 15:56:25 Reply

At 11/16/11 11:26 PM, J-Rex wrote:

I'm pumped.
How many people do you know will be there?

about 100-200 people from my high school. I have to play generic crappy pop dance music for about an 1hour and 30 minutes... and then I'm doing a 1 hour dubstep mix. If any of you have and dance / electro stuff they want people to hear, send them to me. I would like 320kbps, full version of the song...

Also, my set up is just a regular midi-based DJ contraption with a laptop and I can use the venue's speakers and shizzle.

lel

BBS Signature