Rampant
Rampant
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Nov. 2nd, 2011 @ 11:04 AM Reply

At 11/2/11 10:50 AM, jarrydn wrote: to all the gamers

do you not feel like you are wasting your time and your talents? writing off a couple of weeks to play a video game seems pretty dysfunctional to me, but i'm not really one to talk, I shut myself away for three years with WoW. I'd probably still be stuck into it as well, if they hadn't nerfed twinking. I like to think that maybe I'd have gotten over it anyway, but we'll never know now will we?

Do I feel like I'm wasting my time? Nah, it's SKYRIM!

In all seriousness, though, I find that beautiful imagery really helps me write. And if there's one thing Skyrim has an abundance of, it's beautiful scenery.

I feel like this will be one of the great gaming experiences of the decade, and I'll enjoy every minute of it. Just like I enjoy writing music, I enjoy being able to take a break once in a while to smash some reanimated skeletons with a giant hammer.

Anyway, my point still stands. i know we've got to have down time and stuff, and I do the odd bit of gaming, but I feel bad about it pretty quickly. i'm not taking a dig at anyone by the way, just genuinely curious.

No problem. I know there are plenty of people who don't take video games as... ahem *cough*seriously*cough* as others do. To be honest, I'm actually fed up with online-centered games: the Battlefields, the Call of Duty's, the Gears of Wars, etc. They all play the same and gets boring quickly - but this? The ability to take time to craft my own story, my own niche, in another world as another person who can dual wield fucking fireballs? YES PLEASE!!

FUCKING FIREBALLS!
Decibel
Decibel
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Nov. 2nd, 2011 @ 11:05 AM Reply

At 11/2/11 10:27 AM, MrSaint wrote:
At 11/2/11 09:36 AM, Decibel wrote: I'd like to dedicate this song to the majority of the people who post in this thread.
I feel detached from that majority

You know we still love you Mr.Saint <3

And jarrydn, I spend very few on a game because once I finish it, I don't feel the need to get anything at 100% except on some really fun game or party fgame like SSBB.

midimachine
midimachine
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Audiophile
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Nov. 2nd, 2011 @ 11:17 AM Reply

At 11/2/11 11:04 AM, RampantMusik wrote: To be honest, I'm actually fed up with online-centered games: the Battlefields, the Call of Duty's, the Gears of Wars, etc. They all play the same and gets boring quickly

"all techno sounds the same!!!"

p.s. i am gay

MrSaint
MrSaint
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Melancholy
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Nov. 2nd, 2011 @ 11:33 AM Reply

At 11/2/11 11:10 AM, ClockworkSpace wrote: Why are people talking about skyrim in the audio portal?
At 1/23/09 01:41 PM, Denvish wrote:
2) This Lounge is primarily for non audio-related discussions

We talk about different stuff in here. It is just, that you entered the topic at the time when we started to talk about games.

Rampant
Rampant
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Nov. 2nd, 2011 @ 11:33 AM Reply

At 11/2/11 11:17 AM, midimachine wrote:
At 11/2/11 11:04 AM, RampantMusik wrote: To be honest, I'm actually fed up with online-centered games: the Battlefields, the Call of Duty's, the Gears of Wars, etc. They all play the same and gets boring quickly

You say that but... wouldn't you like a little variety?

That's one thing I love about Skyrim. It's not just brown and gray and war-y. There's snow, there are mountains, there are caves and dungeons to explore, there are strongholds and cities and little settlings... there are necromancers, and zombies, and skeletons, and dragons - DRAGONS! - and swords, and magic spells... not a single generic Russian with an AK47 in sight!

MrSaint
MrSaint
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Melancholy
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Nov. 2nd, 2011 @ 11:34 AM Reply

Also, speaking about games, I want to win this raffle so badly.

midimachine
midimachine
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Audiophile
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Nov. 2nd, 2011 @ 11:43 AM Reply

At 11/2/11 11:33 AM, RampantMusik wrote: You say that but... wouldn't you like a little variety?

That's one thing I love about Skyrim. It's not just brown and gray and war-y. There's snow, there are mountains, there are caves and dungeons to explore, there are strongholds and cities and little settlings... there are necromancers, and zombies, and skeletons, and dragons - DRAGONS! - and swords, and magic spells... not a single generic Russian with an AK47 in sight!

generic fantasy settings vs. generic war settings. there's really no objective way to look at this.

re the cracked article: obviously the interface for first person shooters (i.e. looking through a gun sight) is going to be relatively the same across the genre, it says nothing about how differently each game actually behaves.

p.s. i am gay

Buoy
Buoy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 40
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Nov. 2nd, 2011 @ 11:50 AM Reply

At 11/2/11 11:17 AM, midimachine wrote:

it does

midimachine
midimachine
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Audiophile
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Nov. 2nd, 2011 @ 11:57 AM Reply

At 11/2/11 11:50 AM, SBB wrote: it does

lol good one XD

p.s. i am gay

midimachine
midimachine
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Audiophile
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Nov. 2nd, 2011 @ 12:11 PM Reply

yea all classical music is just ppl playin piano and shit its so gay!!!

p.s. i am gay

Buoy
Buoy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 40
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Nov. 2nd, 2011 @ 12:13 PM Reply

no but the thing is techno is actually a kinda same-ish genre

midimachine
midimachine
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Audiophile
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Nov. 2nd, 2011 @ 12:18 PM Reply

you know when one of your uncultured friends hears a house/dance/dubstep/blippybloopybuttcore song and says something along the lines of "omg i hate this techno stuff"? that's what i was talking about.

p.s. i am gay

Buoy
Buoy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 40
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Nov. 2nd, 2011 @ 12:28 PM Reply

my uncultured friends listen exclusively to house/dance/dubstep/blippybloopybuttcore songs

Rampant
Rampant
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Nov. 2nd, 2011 @ 01:01 PM Reply

At 11/2/11 12:28 PM, SBB wrote: my uncultured friends listen exclusively to house/dance/dubstep/blippybloopybuttcore songs
house/dance/dubstep/blippybloopybuttcore songs
blippybloopybuttcore songs
blippybloopybuttcore

I have no idea what that would sound like, but I want to establish it as a genre.

Rahmemhotep
Rahmemhotep
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Nov. 2nd, 2011 @ 01:06 PM Reply

Skyrim

I was really excited for that game, sine I still play Morrowind and Oblivion, but then I heard about all the news and shit about it.

If you didn't see my most recent post in the Skyrim thread already, here's what it said: Fuck this game.

My sig is clickable and takes you some place.
Best Thread Ever

BBS Signature
Rampant
Rampant
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Nov. 2nd, 2011 @ 01:20 PM Reply

At 11/2/11 01:06 PM, Rahmemhotep wrote: Skyrim

I was really excited for that game, sine I still play Morrowind and Oblivion, but then I heard about all the news and shit about it.

If you didn't see my most recent post in the Skyrim thread already, here's what it said: Fuck this game.

I'd take those comments with a grain of salt. The last 5-10 pages of that thread is basically mudslinging between fans and a troll - I would wait until the game comes out before you actually say "Fuck Skyrim." Even if you just borrow it from a friend or rent it from GameFly, you really ought to give it a chance first.

Rahmemhotep
Rahmemhotep
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Nov. 2nd, 2011 @ 01:30 PM Reply

I like how people that actually give three shits about what they're going to be playing are called, "trolls," in the VG forum. In any case, they've confirmed spears, so I'll actually get it.

Yes, spears are that big of a fucking deal.

Best Thread Ever

BBS Signature
Rampant
Rampant
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Nov. 2nd, 2011 @ 01:35 PM Reply

At 11/2/11 01:30 PM, Rahmemhotep wrote: I like how people that actually give three shits about what they're going to be playing are called, "trolls," in the VG forum. In any case, they've confirmed spears, so I'll actually get it.

Yes, spears are that big of a fucking deal.

Oh, c'mon. You saw the posts by those three users. For the most part, they were just acting to try and get us riled up. Hell, one of them was banned by a forum mod in the Politics forum for trying to start a flame war there as well.

As for spears, I could go either way. But werewolves? And vampires? Can I play as both at the same time? Because that would be ridiculously awesome.

Rahmemhotep
Rahmemhotep
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Nov. 2nd, 2011 @ 01:40 PM Reply

No, I mean EVERY PERSON, including myself, who actually criticizes something in there gets called a troll. It happens allllll the timeeeee.

I like Megaman.

I didn't like Megaman 3
YOU'RE A TROLL CUZ U NO LIEK MAGEMAN TREE!

Best Thread Ever

BBS Signature
Rampant
Rampant
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Nov. 2nd, 2011 @ 01:53 PM Reply

At 11/2/11 01:40 PM, Rahmemhotep wrote: I like Megaman.
I didn't like Megaman 3

Oh, you... silly troll :3

Okay, maybe people need to cool it a bit with the fanboyism. Still, it's understandable that people would be excited for Skyrimmmmmm.

SineRider
SineRider
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Musician
MrSaint
MrSaint
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Melancholy
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Nov. 2nd, 2011 @ 03:00 PM Reply

At 11/2/11 02:09 PM, SineRider wrote: I like Megaman X3

I DON'T LIEK MAGEMAN EGGS TREE

Echo
Echo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Nov. 2nd, 2011 @ 03:01 PM Reply

At 11/2/11 03:00 PM, MrSaint wrote:
At 11/2/11 02:09 PM, SineRider wrote: I like Megaman X3
I DON'T LIEK MAGEMAN EGGS TREE

So we come to it at last. The great battle of our time...

FatKidWitAJetPak
FatKidWitAJetPak
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Nov. 2nd, 2011 @ 03:50 PM Reply

Lol saying you don't like something that others like isnt trolling, it's called being a douchbag. An actual good troll gets a reaction through much more creative ways. I've seen amazing troll session over on StickAM, including a fat bald Irish man named Bobo who acted like he had rage issues to scare off a bunch of newcomers. I haven't laughed that hard in a while.

garlagan
garlagan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Audiophile
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Nov. 2nd, 2011 @ 04:28 PM Reply

At 11/2/11 01:40 PM, Rahmemhotep wrote: No, I mean EVERY PERSON, including myself, who actually criticizes something in there gets called a troll. It happens allllll the timeeeee.

I like Megaman.
I didn't like Megaman 3
YOU'RE A TROLL CUZ U NO LIEK MAGEMAN TREE!

Mageman Tree LMAO

Back-From-Purgatory
Back-From-Purgatory
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 33
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Nov. 2nd, 2011 @ 04:38 PM Reply

At 11/2/11 10:50 AM, jarrydn wrote: to all the gamers

Really, the only time I've ever felt that I really wasted time and felt bad about playing a game was back when I played WoW. The game was freaking terrible, I bitched and complained, and I kept playing it anyways. Now I don't play it, and I have 0 urge to go back... because the game is terrible. Despite numerous friends of mine begging me to come back.

Gaming is a hobby like any other really, people like to spend time on their hobbies, and just like music, a few people even turn it into a career. And just like Rampant, I draw a lot of inspiration from the games I play to write music. "Them"? I wrote that after listening to "To Zanarkand", famous from Final Fantasy X. "Dropped It, Sorry"? I wrote that after getting my ass kicked by a boss (Although I can't remember exactly what game).

And of course the "weeks without food, sleep, bathroom" comments are more than a little exaggeration, it's simply how gamers tend to express their excitement for particular games before they are released....

...Even if there have been people that died because they neglected to eat or sleep (There have been, I'm not joking) while playing a game... I doubt the gamers here are that "extreme".

Audio/BBS Mod
News: I want to write more metal... - Music: The Inevitability - Art: Kira
\/\/\/ Click the sig for fun times! \/\/\/

BBS Signature
SineRider
SineRider
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Nov. 2nd, 2011 @ 04:44 PM Reply

explan urself Xkore!

The Audio Forum Lounge

Back-From-Purgatory
Back-From-Purgatory
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 33
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Nov. 2nd, 2011 @ 04:51 PM Reply

At 11/2/11 04:44 PM, SineRider wrote: explan urself Xkore!

Here we go again.

Audio/BBS Mod
News: I want to write more metal... - Music: The Inevitability - Art: Kira
\/\/\/ Click the sig for fun times! \/\/\/

BBS Signature
FatKidWitAJetPak
FatKidWitAJetPak
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Nov. 2nd, 2011 @ 05:12 PM Reply

I hear Xcore stole some of Deadmau5s early stuff when he was thinking of doing dubstep, but he trashed it and moved onto house music instead, so Xcore took it and made it his own by cleverly posting it on certain dates! Xcore why! WHYY!!

Sequenced
Sequenced
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Gamer
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Nov. 2nd, 2011 @ 05:28 PM Reply

LOL SPREADING RUMORS IS FUN!

lel