Atlas
Atlas
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-10-29 21:18:20 Reply

At 10/29/11 09:12 PM, LaForge wrote:
At 10/29/11 08:19 PM, brokendeck wrote: Just make a phone call for those guys in white clothes. They'll have a nice tight comfortable jacket, that's straight, waiting for you. Then they'll take you to this lovely place where you can be among your peers and get a nice little room with soft walls.

Turn yourself in. Log-off and wait for the authorities.
Thankfully my condition is controllable and I don't need that kind of intervention.

At 10/29/11 09:08 PM, J-Rex wrote: I made a topic in where is/how to but I'm not getting the answer I need. If I make a song in Garage band in the songwriting part of it can I upload it to the audio portal?
don't mean to sound like a dick, but try reading the rules. they aren't vague or confusing.

I read a post of Denvish's and I guess the only things I can upload here from GarageVan are recordings of stuff I've played. Someone tell me if I'm right.

Steam | Letterboxd | AllPoetry | Formerly Known As J-Rex

BBS Signature
TimerClock14
TimerClock14
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-10-29 22:00:27 Reply

Delicious, caramel goodness

I made homemade caramel apples today. They were delicious. Has anyone ever done that?

Kirbyfemur
Kirbyfemur
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Audiophile
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-10-30 00:52:43 Reply

At 10/29/11 09:28 PM, LaForge wrote:
At 10/29/11 09:18 PM, J-Rex wrote: I read a post of Denvish's and I guess the only things I can upload here from GarageVan are recordings of stuff I've played. Someone tell me if I'm right.
that's basically correct. the main thing is do NOT use pre-made loops or samples from other songs or movies or anything you haven't made. everything you use must be created by YOU.

^Fixed. Since some virtual instruments use samples of individual sounds. If we weren't allowed to use those, then we'd have to remove the entire classical section of newgrounds lol

Kirbyfemur
Kirbyfemur
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Audiophile
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-10-30 02:22:17 Reply

At 10/30/11 02:12 AM, LaForge wrote: Well my samples I meant samples of movies, games or other copyrighted material. Guess I should have included that. My bad, I'm new to this modding thing >_>.

lol nah it's alright, it's just good to specify since some (not all) people might think that that would eliminate those single sound samples, especially in the drums/percussion area

Breed
Breed
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-10-30 10:42:26 Reply

So I was given a group to make a film with in my Film as Lit class...and the asigned people to be writers are coming up with super cliche ideas (mostly zombie/horror ideas). How do I tell them that it's a stupid idea that we dont have the time or money or resources to do without sounding a prick whos trying to take over a class project?

Syztm
Syztm
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Audiophile
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-10-30 11:43:56 Reply

At 10/30/11 10:42 AM, LogicalDefiance wrote: So I was given a group to make a film with in my Film as Lit class...and the asigned people to be writers are coming up with super cliche ideas (mostly zombie/horror ideas). How do I tell them that it's a stupid idea that we dont have the time or money or resources to do without sounding a prick whos trying to take over a class project?

The exact same thing you just said, except for the ''stupid idea'' part. You're just giving reasonable arguments why it's hard, if not impossible, to realise their ideas, and you're not sounding like a dick :P.

New tune: Yag

Usernamemyarse
Usernamemyarse
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Melancholy
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-10-30 12:14:41 Reply

At 10/30/11 10:42 AM, LogicalDefiance wrote: So I was given a group to make a film with in my Film as Lit class...and the asigned people to be writers are coming up with super cliche ideas (mostly zombie/horror ideas). How do I tell them that it's a stupid idea that we dont have the time or money or resources to do without sounding a prick whos trying to take over a class project?

"Im sorry, but... exactly how are we going to do it with the amount of time and resources on hand? im not saying its a bad idea (just lie), but i dont think we can pull it off... how about something a bit easier like: (Reasonable altenatie here)".
That should cut it if you expand on it.

BBS Signature
Atlas
Atlas
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-10-30 12:48:18 Reply

Who here likes the new level icons?

I do, but the lower levels have teh best.

BBS Signature
TimerClock14
TimerClock14
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-10-30 12:50:43 Reply

At 10/30/11 12:48 PM, J-Rex wrote: Who here likes the new level icons?

I love mine. It describes me perfectly.

jpbear
jpbear
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-10-30 13:05:19 Reply

they confuse the hell outta me. Cant tell whos whoooo -_-

Atlas
Atlas
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-10-30 13:46:20 Reply

At 10/30/11 01:05 PM, jpbear wrote:

You can just read the username above the level icon to see who it is posting.

BBS Signature
LiquidOoze
LiquidOoze
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-10-30 14:38:48 Reply

At 10/30/11 01:46 PM, J-Rex wrote:
At 10/30/11 01:05 PM, jpbear wrote:

Beh, that takes too long. Judging it by the level icons works better for me.

SoundCloud || Youtube || Bandcamp || Facebook || Click below to listen to my newest track!

BBS Signature
Decibel
Decibel
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-10-30 15:59:06 Reply

/drunk

HAPPY HALOWEEEEEEN BICTHESS <3333

Echo
Echo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-10-30 16:10:08 Reply

At 10/30/11 03:59 PM, Decibel wrote: /drunk

HAPPY HALOWEEEEEEN BICTHESS <3333

/drunker

ZOMG ITS HALOVEENNN.. DERPZ :333

jpbear
jpbear
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-10-30 16:17:40 Reply

At 10/30/11 01:46 PM, J-Rex wrote:

i did not know that.

Sequenced
Sequenced
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Gamer
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-10-30 17:09:09 Reply

Damn. We got about 6 inches. Now it's all melting. Thanks to that, I have no power. Been out for more than 24 hours. Now my house is freezing. It's so cold to the point where standing in the sunlight is warmer than sitting indoors. FML

lel

jpbear
jpbear
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-10-30 17:14:16 Reply

At 10/30/11 05:09 PM, Sequenced wrote: Damn. We got about 6 inches. Now it's all melting. Thanks to that, I have no power. Been out for more than 24 hours. Now my house is freezing. It's so cold to the point where standing in the sunlight is warmer than sitting indoors. FML

buttt noooooooooos schooolll!

Sequenced
Sequenced
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Gamer
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-10-30 17:40:04 Reply

At 10/30/11 05:14 PM, jpbear wrote:
At 10/30/11 05:09 PM, Sequenced wrote: Damn. We got about 6 inches. Now it's all melting. Thanks to that, I have no power. Been out for more than 24 hours. Now my house is freezing. It's so cold to the point where standing in the sunlight is warmer than sitting indoors. FML
buttt noooooooooos schooolll!

No. We have school.

lel

Rampant
Rampant
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-10-30 17:53:06 Reply

At 10/30/11 05:09 PM, Sequenced wrote: Damn. We got about 6 inches. Now it's all melting. Thanks to that, I have no power. Been out for more than 24 hours.
Thanks to that, I have no power.
I have no power.
NO POWER.

You've had no power for 24 hours, yet you're on the internet... is this the Twilight Zone?

Sequenced
Sequenced
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Gamer
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-10-30 17:55:00 Reply

At 10/30/11 05:53 PM, RampantMusik wrote:

You've had no power for 24 hours, yet you're on the internet... is this the Twilight Zone?

We're spending the evening at a relative's house. If we still have no power over the next day, I'm going to be crashing at my friend's houses later.

lel

FatKidWitAJetPak
FatKidWitAJetPak
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-10-30 23:55:53 Reply

Love Can Be Bullshit

I met a girl. We fell in love. I never have felt this attached to anyone, ever. She tells me she has a boyfriend. He is 15. They talk twice a month. She cares for him "deeply". They don't do anything sexual. I think she needs to be shown true love. I bring her into my arms and my life. I take her places. I make her music. We play the piano together. I take nude photographs of her for artistic expresional purposes. We fall deeper in love. I ask if she wants to be my girlfriend. She says she already has a boyfriend. We make out and have extreme sexual cuddle sessions, without penetration, for three weeks. I break down crying harder the I have before right in front of her. I ask her why she still wants the 15 year old over me and why we she allows me to be so romantic with her. We fight. We have sex four, extremely passionate times. I still think she wants me. She says she wants me. She goes back to the 15 year old and kiss him behind the bleachers at a football game. I tell her to fuck off. She comes back to me. We kiss again. She kisses him again. Things go in circles for about a month. Now we finally have stopped it all and she still is with him. I tell her she is extremely lucky to still have him and he deserves to know the truth. She won't ever tell him.

Great, now I don't know if I can love for a lonngggg time. Hurts like a mother fucker. Ah well. At least I can make more ambient music or some shit. Why the hell would she do that to me. Why the hell would I keep thinking she would ditch the "boyfriend". Pft. Whatever.

Back-From-Purgatory
Back-From-Purgatory
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 33
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-10-31 00:33:01 Reply

At 10/30/11 11:55 PM, FatKidWitAJetPak wrote: Love Can Be Bullshit

Sounds like you fell for a slut that likes to pretend she's loyal.

Not worth your time IMO, you can definitely do better.

Audio/BBS Mod
News: Bye bye Skype - Music: Tonight Will Be The Night- Art: Kira
\/\/\/ Click the sig for fun times! \/\/\/

BBS Signature
FatKidWitAJetPak
FatKidWitAJetPak
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-10-31 00:38:04 Reply

At 10/31/11 12:33 AM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote:
At 10/30/11 11:55 PM, FatKidWitAJetPak wrote: Love Can Be Bullshit
Sounds like you fell for a slut that likes to pretend she's loyal.

Not worth your time IMO, you can definitely do better.

Not worth my time at all :/ it just sickens me she isn't a slut, she is just plain arrogant and still acts like she is in high school. "Oh well I love him a lot so I'm gonna go back to him" well bitch then why'd you suck my dick? Damn. She doesn't deserve the kid at all even, and he will never know... which sickens me even more. She doesn't do anything but say "sorry" and acts like she won't ever do it again. Why is it so hard for me to let go? And I still love her. Why the fuck do I still love her. And she says she loves me with all her heart and bla bla bla. She isn't TRYING to be a manipulative count but I guess that is just coming naturally for her.

Back-From-Purgatory
Back-From-Purgatory
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 33
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-10-31 00:46:24 Reply

At 10/31/11 12:38 AM, FatKidWitAJetPak wrote: Why is it so hard for me to let go?

You will eventually get over her, and you'll realize you're better off. How do I know?

Because I've been in nearly the exact same situation. Believe me, girls like that aren't worth the effort, it's even worse if they don't realize the harm in what they're doing, like you're making her out.

Maybe one day she'll realize she's been a complete imbecile, and I guarantee she'll pay for it.

And as harsh as it may sound, if her "Boyfriend" finds out (And I can almost guarantee he will eventually), and he's got even the slightest bit of common sense, he'll dump her ass... And she'll come crying to you. Here's the harsh part... Tell her to go to hell. If she cheats on the boy she claims to love with all her heart... What do you think she'll do when you're the boy she "loves with all her heart"?

Audio/BBS Mod

BBS Signature
FatKidWitAJetPak
FatKidWitAJetPak
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-10-31 01:22:10 Reply

I did tell her to go to hell. She wanted me to try to be her friend and I asked her if she realized how stupid and pointless that would be. We would just go back to the same ole shit again. I try not to blow up in her face for it, even if she does deserve it, because in her mind she is just trying to love and "accidentally" fell in "love" with two guys and doesnt know what to do... but she should have never started anything with me, lmao. It just baffles me sometimes at how people can be so fucking blind. Ah well, I'm the one who fell for it. I hope she gets what she deserves, but at the same time I really only want her to realize what she did and never, ever do it again. You are suppose to learn from mistakes. I know I have. The brain is a very... interesting and psychological thing... Good to hear I'm not the only one who gets trapped in it.

Back-From-Purgatory
Back-From-Purgatory
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 33
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-10-31 01:29:04 Reply

At 10/31/11 01:22 AM, FatKidWitAJetPak wrote: Good to hear I'm not the only one who gets trapped in it.

There are no doubt millions of people who have been in similar situations... Myself included. What matters is how you learn from it. It's good to see you have a level head about it, because I've heard others in similar situations decide the person deserved a second chance...

Know what happened? They were cheated on. Surprise surprise.

Audio/BBS Mod

BBS Signature
FatKidWitAJetPak
FatKidWitAJetPak
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-10-31 01:39:58 Reply

I dont understand why people don't research the words "dedication," "passion", and "mutual". Love isn't love without em, no matter how you look at it.

EchozAurora
EchozAurora
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-10-31 01:42:38 Reply

Relationships and Stuff

Yeah, been there done that. It's a shitty situation to be in... I deviated from the policy of not trying to fall for anyone in a relationship once (and in their case the guy was a total douche, so it was a noble cause even in a way)... but I still ended up just getting emotionally fucked over it. Then she finally broke up with him down the road... and at that point we'd basically friend-zoned each other... and are actually still good friends.

So yeah... lol

Random side note: 30 degree F temps and fishnets don't go together very well. Yay for outdoor music festivals at the end of October in the midwest!

At 1/16/12 03:08 AM, Xyresic wrote: EchozAurora: The SEXY Audio Mod.
Check out soundcloud.com/echozaurora for more recent songs and DJ mixes!

BBS Signature
FatKidWitAJetPak
FatKidWitAJetPak
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-10-31 02:54:48 Reply

LaForge, it is the MUSIC. 100% all the way bro. In fact, all of that stupid shit I went through pays off in the end because I can make it into music. Music is the #1 stress reliever for me, and I express every feeling and experience into an atmospheric euphoria known as ambient. That's why I love music. It is the best way to express myself. Better to express myself through music than through that shitty relationship, that's for sure.

LiquidOoze
LiquidOoze
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-10-31 02:57:21 Reply

Relationships

The last girlfriend I had was about a year and a half ago, but we broke up after a few weeks because it didn't work out (she lives 200 miles away derp). We still see each other sometimes though.

SoundCloud || Youtube || Bandcamp || Facebook || Click below to listen to my newest track!

BBS Signature