Forum Stats
Level 43
Artist
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-11-04 10:03:46 Reply

At 11/4/11 03:09 AM, Quarl wrote:
At 11/3/11 10:09 PM, SineRider wrote:

Also Quarl, move to detroit or something
whhyyyyyyyy?? :C :C

I'm with Quarl on this one - why the FUCK would ANYONE move to Detroit?

You mention Detroit in the states and people just hang their heads.

FairSquare
FairSquare
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-11-04 10:57:42 Reply

At 11/4/11 06:52 AM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote: It says I'm very female minded, "More so than most females".

I would probably get the same result.

Example of my singing here

BBS Signature
krssvr
krssvr
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Audiophile
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-11-04 16:09:17 Reply

At 11/4/11 10:00 AM, LiquidOoze wrote: Yesterday I concluded that 'poppin' bottles' is one of the most commonly used phrases in urban/rap songs. Who disagrees?

Can't forget gettin' money, in the club, and dj turn it up
tie all these things together into a sentence and you have mainstream rap yay.

"I want to care but I just... don't" -Me
Need somewhere to host audio instantly?

BBS Signature
Rampant
Rampant
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-11-04 16:34:16 Reply

At 11/4/11 10:57 AM, FairSquare wrote:
At 11/4/11 06:52 AM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote: It says I'm very female minded, "More so than most females".

I imagine that most composers would get similar results. Don't forget, we're not "brawny hunter football meatheads." We're in tune with emotion and sensitivity, because we have to be - because if we're not, our music is going to have no emotion, and it's not going to make people feel anything. And if it doesn't make a listener "feel" something, then we've failed in our job as composers.

Back-From-Purgatory
Back-From-Purgatory
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-11-04 16:43:41 Reply

At 11/4/11 04:34 PM, RampantMusik wrote:
At 11/4/11 10:57 AM, FairSquare wrote:
I imagine that most composers would get similar results. Don't forget, we're not "brawny hunter football meatheads." We're in tune with emotion and sensitivity, because we have to be - because if we're not, our music is going to have no emotion, and it's not going to make people feel anything. And if it doesn't make a listener "feel" something, then we've failed in our job as composers.

Good point... Never really thought of it that way. Although, I'm still curious what the length of my ring and index fingers have to do with my masculinity. One test had me pull out a ruler to measure my fingers... apparently womens ring:index ratio averages around 1, where mens is 0.96.

Turns out my fingers (Ring and index on both hands) are all exactly 82mm in length.

Audio/BBS Mod
News: Bye bye Skype - Music: Tonight Will Be The Night- Art: Kira
\/\/\/ Click the sig for fun times! \/\/\/

BBS Signature
Acid-Paradox
Acid-Paradox
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-11-04 16:59:05 Reply

This is how i roll

I just clean it up a little bit

The Audio Forum Lounge

Music is my passion , not my business.

FairSquare
FairSquare
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-11-04 20:35:34 Reply

At 11/4/11 04:59 PM, Acid-Paradox wrote: This is how i roll

Looks real nice.
Nevertheless, you may want to post that in the 'Show NG your instrument' thread next time.

Example of my singing here

BBS Signature
Atlas
Atlas
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-11-04 21:36:14 Reply

I wish I had a setup like that.

Formerly Known As J-Rex

BBS Signature
Rampant
Rampant
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-11-05 00:06:35 Reply

Relationships:
Not Having One, Whilst Hearing About Everyone Else's

or: "How I Don't Have The Courage To Ask Out This One Girl I Like"

Gather 'round, audio friends, it's story time!

So, there's a girl in my physics class that I like. And...I'm going to cut out all the boring exposition crap. Anyway, I nearly racked up the courage to ask her on a sort-of-date-but-not-really.

But then I didn't.

So I decided on Monday, "Hmm, I'll write a note instead. And 'accidentally' drop it on her desk during class." I planned to do that on Wednesday.

Wednesday came and went. No note.

So I told myself, I WILL DO IT FRIDAY!

Well, today was Friday, Friday, gotta get that note to a girl I like on Friday.

I actually worked up the courage to write the note.

It read:
"Would you care to study for the physics exam with me next week over a hot beverage, say a coffee - or tea, if you prefer? If yes, come talk to me after class. If no, please crumple this paper into a ball and throw it at me, so at least I'll have a funny story to tell."

I kept procrastinating - I'll put it off for a few minutes. Well, class ended early, right about the time I got up the courage to actually hand her the note.

And I was mad, too, because we were covering the Specific Heat Capacity of water, and I even lined up a tastefully awful physics joke for the occasion:
"Melt the ice? I'd rather break it."

TL;DR: Boy likes girl, girl likes boy, neither have the courage to talk to each other, boy tries to find creative way to tell girl he likes her, boy ALMOST gets girl, boy loses girl. My life is pretty much looking like a standard Rom-Com at this point.

Sequenced
Sequenced
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Audiophile
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-11-05 00:15:38 Reply

At 11/5/11 12:06 AM, RampantMusik wrote: Relationships:

TL;DR: Boy likes girl, girl likes boy, neither have the courage to talk to each other, boy tries to find creative way to tell girl he likes her, boy ALMOST gets girl, boy loses girl. My life is pretty much looking like a standard Rom-Com at this point.

Ha. I'm in the same situation.

However, I have befriended another girl that is heading in a potential girlfriend direction.

I'm stuck. Can't decide which one. >.<

lel

BBS Signature
Atlas
Atlas
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-11-05 00:37:08 Reply

Can anyone tell me how much they make from Bandcamp in a month?

Formerly Known As J-Rex

BBS Signature
SineRider
SineRider
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-11-05 00:37:18 Reply

Looks nice, but your keyboard placement doesn't seem ideal to me. I like to be able to tweak stuff while playing. I think you'd have to break your neck for that to work.

Back-From-Purgatory
Back-From-Purgatory
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-11-05 01:27:53 Reply

At 11/5/11 12:15 AM, Sequenced wrote: Ha. I'm in the same situation.

However, I have befriended another girl that is heading in a potential girlfriend direction.

I'm stuck. Can't decide which one. >.<

Be careful, if there's one thing I learned from anime, it's that love triangles can lead to you being beheaded while one of the girls cuts the other open to find out if you impregnated her or not.

The psycho one will then cruise off on a yacht into the sunset while caressing and comforting your rotting head.

Happens all the time, you know?

Audio/BBS Mod
News: Bye bye Skype - Music: Tonight Will Be The Night- Art: Kira
\/\/\/ Click the sig for fun times! \/\/\/

BBS Signature
PSvils
PSvils
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Game Developer
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-11-05 03:10:23 Reply

@RampantMusik: DON'T write a note, tell yourself "Fuck you you homo", and just walk up to her and ask her, always keeping in mind that nothing bad can come from it. If she says no, be chill with it, if she says yes, be chill with it.

Or maybe just get to know her better in the first place.

And if relationship problems keep popping in this place...guh...I am very close to making a song about it, using vocals samples from Romeo and Juliet or something...

Kirbyfemur
Kirbyfemur
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Audiophile
Rahmemhotep
Rahmemhotep
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-11-05 03:53:13 Reply

Oooooooooooooooooohhhhhh shiyt.

Click my sig for a free downtempo EP
Best Thread Ever

BBS Signature
Echo
Echo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-11-05 04:30:09 Reply

At 11/5/11 03:14 AM, Kirbyfemur wrote: Hey guys look Hampstercake is "back"!

"Hamstercake: This was the last piece of audio he created for me prior to his disappearance, If you've heard this piece of audio somewhere before shoot me a PM as there is much to discuss =)."

He's not back silly :P

Kirbyfemur
Kirbyfemur
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Audiophile
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-11-05 04:38:56 Reply

At 11/5/11 04:30 AM, Echo wrote:
At 11/5/11 03:14 AM, Kirbyfemur wrote: Hey guys look Hampstercake is "back"!
"Hamstercake: This was the last piece of audio he created for me prior to his disappearance, If you've heard this piece of audio somewhere before shoot me a PM as there is much to discuss =)."

He's not back silly :P

But what about the day he told my i could be king, and that all the land that the sun touches was mine?! THAT DIRTY BASTARD

Step
Step
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-11-05 04:42:49 Reply

At 11/4/11 04:43 PM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote: Good point... Never really thought of it that way. Although, I'm still curious what the length of my ring and index fingers have to do with my masculinity. One test had me pull out a ruler to measure my fingers... apparently womens ring:index ratio averages around 1, where mens is 0.96.

Turns out my fingers (Ring and index on both hands) are all exactly 82mm in length.

I think I recently took an Internet test to determine the gender of my brain or something. It was nothing like measuring fingers or anything, though.

My brain is apparently very male-oriented. That's cool I guess.

Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54 | I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature
Echo
Echo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-11-05 04:54:03 Reply

My brain is apparently 33% Female, 67% Male. Cool i guess...

Breed
Breed
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-11-05 05:28:18 Reply

At 11/5/11 04:54 AM, Echo wrote: My brain is apparently 33% Female, 67% Male. Cool i guess...

Actually your brain is 50% male, 50% unisex.

XY Chromosomes yo

Sequenced
Sequenced
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Audiophile
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-11-05 11:08:46 Reply

At 11/5/11 01:27 AM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote:
The psycho one will then cruise off on a yacht into the sunset while caressing and comforting your rotting head.

Happens all the time, you know?

Both of them aren't psycho. One of them has a more happy and animated personality, but the other one is more chilled (the one I befriended). Hmm...

lel

BBS Signature
Oakwood
Oakwood
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 27
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-11-05 12:27:36 Reply

Are you an octopus?

[Hidden Audio Gems]
SoundCloud || YouTube || Facebook
PM me for constructive reviews, collaborations or commissions!
Latest track: Monsters In My Bed!

BBS Signature
EchozAurora
EchozAurora
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-11-05 14:22:49 Reply

At 11/3/11 08:48 PM, Quarl wrote: Moving?

I'm thinking of moving somewhere in the next year based on a few principals:

1: Can I collaborate musically with people/people I know?
2: Are there jobs?
3: Is there affordable rent?

Music is the key.

Springfield, MO!

We haz:
3. Really low cost of living. Srsly, you can rent a decent sized three bedroom house for $600-$750 a month. (A two or three bedroom apartment... anywhere from $250-$400)

2. Jobs are hit and miss, but if you don't mind doing tech support or something like that, I have friends that make bank at a local place that does chat-based support in a center... and they seem to be hiring all the time.

1. Besides having awesome people like myself around... there is a booming local music scene with a variety of instrumentalists and genres represented. We've built up a decent sized rave scene (with a variety of EDM), but there are plenty into rock, indie, hip hop, jam, bluegrass, etc. bands in the area. Just about anything you could think of is well represented. I also am well-connected with several venues in the area... so finding a place to do a gig is extremely easy.

Plus, we are pretty centrally located between St. Louis, Kansas City, Tulsa, Little Rock... you can get to several major cities with a few hours worth of driving. And our airport services a ton of areas as well, with some bargain airlines that will fly you across the country for pretty cheap. (I've done round trips to Tampa, FL and back for around $100)

And on the sex vs gender note...

There are several sites/tests out there (google COGIATI) that attempt to figure out the brain sex (more so the gender) of the user. Many sites will tell you that these are flawed, for various reasons: One TS site's take on the COGIATI, but even still I think they are potentially useful for the people out there that are questioning their sex vs gender.

Personally, I've always had a pretty strong sex vs gender conflict in that I've never been able to really associate strongly as a "male". Mind you, I still like a lot of the same activities... but I'm not all that comfortable with the form I was born with.

So after researching the stuff for years and years online on my own... I finally got off my ass a few months ago and scheduled an appointment with a therapist based out of KC that does therapy in office, and via Skype. (Which made her ideal, in that I could make the drive if I wanted to... but I could also just have a therapy session in my own bedroom)

Fast forward a few months to now... I'm at the point where not only have I been diagnosed as a transsexual... (turns out denying something for years doesn't make it go away)... but now I'm cleared for hormones as soon as I get around to scheduling an appt with an endocrine doc.

Soooo yeh. If it actually is something that is bothering you, there are definitely available resources out there... but I would definitely not base my identity entirely off of what an online quiz told me. :D

At 1/16/12 03:08 AM, Xyresic wrote: EchozAurora: The SEXY Audio Mod.
Check out soundcloud.com/echozaurora for more recent songs and DJ mixes!

BBS Signature
Rampant
Rampant
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-11-05 14:52:20 Reply

At 11/5/11 03:10 AM, PSvils wrote: @RampantMusik: DON'T write a note, tell yourself "Fuck you you homo", and just walk up to her and ask her, always keeping in mind that nothing bad can come from it. If she says no, be chill with it, if she says yes, be chill with it.

Oh, trust me, this wouldn't be the first time I've been rejected. I'm not affected by that anymore. I'm just shy and socially awkward, and I figured a note would be the best way to sort of avoid those issues: I can hold a conversation with a girl when I get into one, and I'm charming and can make her laugh, but starting the conversation is really, really difficult for me.

Or maybe just get to know her better in the first place.

I would, but that's not really plausible. This is the only class I'll likely ever see her in (because I'm in a specialized major with only about 50 other students, and this class is required for all arts majors), and we're already now in Week 7 out of 10. And dammit she always hangs out in a group with other girls. (I HATE how they do that.)

And if relationship problems keep popping in this place...guh...I am very close to making a song about it, using vocals samples from Romeo and Juliet or something...

Bah, the General forum isn't much use. I feel comfortable enough with the Audio Forum regulars to talk about this kind of stuff... because I sure as hell aren't going to talk to my family about it (they'd mock me), my college friends (many of them are girls who... ah... 'friend zoned' me), or my closest friends (from high school, because they are on the other side of the US so its hard to keep in contact).

Anyway this is sort of audio related, because if she said 'yes,' I'd be happy enough to write a happy piece of music. And dammit, it would be nice for me to write something happy for once.

Breed
Breed
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-11-05 14:55:44 Reply

Sound Company Schemes

Anyone else notice how gay different sound companies are? Digidesign and Sound Devices for example. They both make products with connectors (like for audio cables and power adapters) that have a connector that THEY FUCKING MADE UP. That way nobody else makes the shit and they can charge out the ass. Take for example an AC to DC converter for a SD mixer: Normal AC adapter price = ~10USD, their "4-pin Hirose" AC adapter = 82USD.

We should form a group to counteract this monopolistic monetary terrorism!

B16
B16
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 42
Blank Slate
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-11-05 15:40:08 Reply

At 11/5/11 02:55 PM, LogicalDefiance wrote: Sound Company Schemes

Anyone else notice how gay different sound companies are?...

We should form a group to counteract this monopolistic monetary terrorism!

Maybe we should contact a manufacturing plant somewhere in china and we can replicate those connectors... :P

FatKidWitAJetPak
FatKidWitAJetPak
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-11-05 16:11:37 Reply

Apple Store

So for those of you who don't know... I work at the apple store.

Well, a customer just gave me an apple...

This is the greatest day of my life.

Buoy
Buoy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 40
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-11-05 16:22:14 Reply

At 11/5/11 04:11 PM, FatKidWitAJetPak wrote: Apple Store

So for those of you who don't know... I work at the apple store.

Well, a customer just gave me an apple...

This is the greatest day of my life.

So he returned it?

FatKidWitAJetPak
FatKidWitAJetPak
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-11-05 16:50:50 Reply

No, I mean she literally gave me a freakin juicy red apple.