00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

GodsPurpose just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Audio Forum Lounge

1,782,685 Views | 34,324 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-02-09 22:15:29

At 1 hour ago, Qelaion wrote:
And before you ask, it's pronounced something like Kuh-Kay-Un (At least that's how I'd pronounce it :P)

hypocriteeeeee lulz

lel

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-02-09 23:09:55

I should never type while I'm tired again,

That was supposed to be Kuh-Lay-Un.

And lolol Seq I know I'm a hypocrite :D

BC | SC | FB

USF4: Ibuki | GGXRD: May | XBL/PSN/Steam: Qelaion

WHAT HAVE I DONE.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-02-10 01:30:08

So... I got a couple new toys...

I just got the two 1 watt RGB lasers I ordered in the mail... and holy shit they are awesome! I've only used one at a time so far, although I'm planning to buy an ILDA extension so I can use my current cord to chain the two units together. In the future, I plan to go a step further and buy another control box so they can complete a larger scene together, or produce more complex images... and/or two different things entirely.

They scan really fast though, so even with one unit I can do some pretty amazing stuff. I drew out my logo in the design program earlier today... then tested it while practicing this evening.

I'm excited for all the potential these have!! :D

The Audio Forum Lounge

At 1/16/12 03:08 AM, Xyresic wrote: EchozAurora: The SEXY Audio Mod. (2019 edit lol not anymoar)

Check out soundcloud.com/echozaurora for more recent songs and DJ mixes!

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-02-10 02:26:52

That looks pretty sweet! Would it be possible to program them to make animations and thing out of light at shows? That would be EPIC.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-02-10 02:45:28

At 12 minutes ago, FatKidWitAJetPak wrote:
That looks pretty sweet! Would it be possible to program them to make animations and thing out of light at shows? That would be EPIC.

Mhm! I've got very little experience with digital visual art... and even less with animation... but I'm learning rapidly as I'm working on custom sequences in the program. Currently working on making some animations based on old video game related things and such. At the moment... working on making a short animation of Kamek flying... then turning toward the audience and firing the beam that looks like playstation buttons lol.

I was looking toward the beam from a safe area earlier and realized that geometric shapes can be visible in the beam itself... so the idea is turning that into a combo of animation and crowd effect.

I've got plenty of ideas though. :)

(Also, here's an image of a basic "liquid sky" effect)

The Audio Forum Lounge

At 1/16/12 03:08 AM, Xyresic wrote: EchozAurora: The SEXY Audio Mod. (2019 edit lol not anymoar)

Check out soundcloud.com/echozaurora for more recent songs and DJ mixes!

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-02-10 02:51:38

At 4 minutes ago, EchozAurora wrote: I think I should take a video of this in motion at some point.

I agree!

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-02-10 15:54:32

At 13 hours ago, EchozAurora wrote: (Also, here's an image of a basic "liquid sky" effect)

That looks sick.

BC | SC | FB

USF4: Ibuki | GGXRD: May | XBL/PSN/Steam: Qelaion

WHAT HAVE I DONE.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-02-10 18:31:30

... and the legend continues.

my youtube.

click it.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-02-10 20:28:27

News (drum related)
Currently recording a new project and (to my surprise) Darius Rudis, one of the best drummers I've ever heard accepted to record drums for me. Yesterday got the tracks and oh boy, oh boy, oh boy...

Got the tracks separately for kick, snare (2 mic), toms, overheads and room. The best sound is when I really push the room mic a lot in the mix.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-02-10 20:36:19

Stories From Youtube!

This just happened:

Evan bro its Theron send me this in a file to my account I'm gonna get u more uploads and view and upload it to soundcloud I'll give you all credit just tryin to help you out brotha
Hellmonkey23 30 minutes ago

@Hellmonkey23
Who the hell is Evan? And no, I'm not giving you permission to upload my music to your soundcloud account.
BackFromPurgatory 27 minutes ago

This kid named Evan at my school said this account was him and that this song was created and posted by him I guess he infringed on your rights and took claim to property that wasn't rightfully his
Hellmonkey23 23 minutes ago

@Hellmonkey23
Tell him to go die in a fire for me. I have a hard enough time getting exposure without some teen prick claiming my music as his own.
BackFromPurgatory 1 minute ago

Ummm will dooo
Hellmonkey23 17 seconds ago
--------------END----------------

I think it's cool that someone thinks my music is worth stealing... but I'm just as pissed off that they tried it.

Audio/BBS Mod

News: Bye bye Skype - Music: Tonight Will Be The Night- Art: Kira

\/\/\/ Click the sig for fun times! \/\/\/

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-02-10 23:16:58

At 1 hour ago, LaForge wrote:
At 1 hour ago, Back-From-Purgatory wrote: Stories From Youtube!
I think I'd be flattered and enraged at the same time. Luckily my music sucks so no one wants to steal it.

Lol man. I fucking hate kids stealing music... Thats a hilarious attempt. Jeez.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-02-11 06:02:09

It's strange how after the redesign suddenly dozens of these 'review my track plz' threads show up...

[Hidden Audio Gems]

SoundCloud || YouTube || Facebook

PM me for constructive reviews, collaborations or commissions!

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-02-11 06:10:30

Blame Game

Someone just accused me of ripping off Dethklok on my song "Above It All"... Which is funny, because the only song I've ever heard by them is the one that was in one of the earlier Guitar Hero games.

Kind of hard for me to rip something off that I've never heard.

Audio/BBS Mod

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-02-11 06:37:10

At 24 minutes ago, Back-From-Purgatory wrote: Blame Game

Someone just accused me of ripping off Dethklok on my song "Above It All"... Which is funny, because the only song I've ever heard by them is the one that was in one of the earlier Guitar Hero games.

Listened to it, I like dethklok a lot, but your song doesn't sound like anything of theirs I've heard.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-02-11 07:05:10

At 8 minutes ago, stratkat wrote:
At 24 minutes ago, Back-From-Purgatory wrote: Blame Game

Listened to it, I like dethklok a lot, but your song doesn't sound like anything of theirs I've heard.

I sent them a PM asking for them to tell me what song they think I'm ripping off...

It wouldn't be the first time something of mine is eerily similar to something else... In fact, funny story, this song (Which I did way back in 2006), has the exact same melody at 0:48 as the song "Lonely Bird" uses for the chorus off of this album (Released in 2010)... The two songs are ridiculously different in overall style, but the melody for those certain sections is almost exactly the same save the very tail end.

What's funny is that back in 2006, I didn't even know Vocaloids existed, but now I'm a big fan (There's even a vocaloid in my forum sig *gasp*), and a year or so ago I found this "Lonely Bird" song, which happens to have a melody in it that I wrote 4 years prior to finding it.

I suspect it was just a major coincidence because of the culture gap, but it was surprising for me none the less.

Audio/BBS Mod

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-02-11 08:12:00

High School

Apparently one bad exam grade = I'm irresponsible on school work and that colleges won't accept me and that I'm going to end up on the streets looking for work.

Yet they still don't realise that I get A's and B's this year, unlike my freshman year where I had a C average.

They're trying to be supportive parents, but they're doing it wrong.

lel

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-02-11 09:18:04

At 53 minutes ago, Sequenced wrote: High School

Apparently one bad exam grade = I'm irresponsible on school work and that colleges won't accept me and that I'm going to end up on the streets looking for work.

Yet they still don't realise that I get A's and B's this year, unlike my freshman year where I had a C average.

They're trying to be supportive parents, but they're doing it wrong.

I can't really relate to what you're saying. My parents know that I'm doing well at school and working my ass off, so when I get a bad grade they treat it as a "one off". And I did get a bad grade before in this new school... well, not a terrible grade. I got a 65% in a maths test because I'm not that good at tests/exams (I keep making stupid mistakes for some reason).

However, at school I'm the only one who ever figures out and manages to do all his maths homework, even the tough ones (everyone else keeps getting stuck which I hate because while the teacher is discussing their problems and helping them out, I'm just sitting down and staring because I knew it all). I'm also always the one to point out a more efficient method to the teacher when he's working out a problem with a method that takes longer.

All of that is thanks to a lot of dedication and work, so thankfully my parents understand and don't annoy me with lectures on how I'm irresponsible when I happen to not do so well. Perhaps you should try and convince your parents that you're working hard for your A's and B's, but you got one bad grade because you either didn't work hard enough or it simply wasn't your day. Nobody's perfect after all.

Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54 | I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-02-11 10:22:16

At 47 minutes ago, Supersteph54 wrote:
I can't really relate to what you're saying. My parents know that I'm doing well at school and working my ass off, so when I get a bad grade they treat it as a "one off". And I did get a bad grade before in this new school... well, not a terrible grade. I got a 65% in a maths test because I'm not that good at tests/exams (I keep making stupid mistakes for some reason).

I do that a lot to. I have a B+ average on math quizes, but on tests or exams I mess up. Sometimes I catch senoiritis (this is my last year of high school) and blow off homework for a week or two, but I still get A's and B's. My classes are a joke and my Mom does not realise that.

However, at school I'm the only one who ever figures out and manages to do all his maths homework, even the tough ones (everyone else keeps getting stuck which I hate because while the teacher is discussing their problems and helping them out, I'm just sitting down and staring because I knew it all). I'm also always the one to point out a more efficient method to the teacher when he's working out a problem with a method that takes longer.

I can totally relate. There is a lot of mindless people in my Pre-Calculus. For example, this past week we've been going over the SAME THING, because there are four people who don't get it. The rest of the class and I just sit there and sleep. At one point I just got completely frustrated and just yelled "OMG guys, 10pie / 5pie = 2 therefore the PIE is cancelled out... that's how you find the reference number." Then I put my head down and sleep again lol. The math teacher is Chinese so it's really hard to pay attention.

All of that is thanks to a lot of dedication and work, so thankfully my parents understand and don't annoy me with lectures on how I'm irresponsible when I happen to not do so well. Perhaps you should try and convince your parents that you're working hard for your A's and B's, but you got one bad grade because you either didn't work hard enough or it simply wasn't your day. Nobody's perfect after all.

I've tried man. There was time this past couple of weeks where I was out one night and I had a Music Theory exam the next day (we covered easy stuff). Basically, after my math exam I texted my mom that my friends and I were going to hang at the billiards place and then go out and eat somewhere near town. She said okay. Later on that night, they wanted to join me for bowling (because it's $5 for three games in my bowling club) and it starts at 730. However, we couldn't get back till 8 to get my stuff. So when I got home my Dad says "you can't go bowling, poor planning on your part." I told them that I am 18 and I am responsible enough to go bowling and come home before 11PM, and he was said "no, you have a music theory exam tomorrow." I've explained to them so many times about how easy the class was because half of the students were not actually eligible to take it. (They were suppose to be interviewed by the Band Teacher if you did not already have a class with him). They told me I could not go bowling. I ended up not studying that night but played games and then I got a B+ on the exam.

It doesn't make any sense! Once I get my driving license on Monday, I'm going to get a job and only come home to sleep. In the end, they'll still think that I am unable to take care of myself and I am stupid therefore I still need a tutor.

lel

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-02-11 14:07:29

So apparently I need Flash Player 11 to hear my audio, but on the Adobe website, it says the latest is v. 10.3.183.11 ... help plz?

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-02-11 14:10:07

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-02-11 14:24:14

At 12 minutes ago, FairSquare wrote: Here you go :)

hi, im suprised when i search the audio portal, my name is nowhere to be found whatsoever in any rating.

wow, just wow.

Original, classical and retro videogame music composer. (No longer take project clients from newgrounds but if you need a track or two from what ive got pm me.)

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-02-11 14:41:26

At 14 minutes ago, Calamaistr wrote:
hi, im suprised when i search the audio portal, my name is nowhere to be found whatsoever in any rating.

wow, just wow.

Cant tell if you're angry, joking, pondering, or mad at fairsquare,

how does this post relate to the quoted material?

This post is just plain perplexing.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-02-11 14:54:55

At 43 minutes ago, FairSquare wrote: Here you go :)

I have a Mac. EXEs no work :(

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-02-11 15:12:13

At 26 minutes ago, jpbear wrote: Cant tell if you're angry, joking, pondering, or mad at fairsquare,

He probably thought the 'reply'-button was an actual reply-button like it was before, and not a quote-button. Then again, what a predictable post from you calamaistr. And I can see results just fine: http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/search/title/calamaistr As you can see the only submissions that come up are the ones where your name is mentioned, not all your submissions

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-02-11 15:19:16

At 4 hours ago, Sequenced wrote:
I do that a lot to. I have a B+ average on math quizes, but on tests or exams I mess up. Sometimes I catch senoiritis (this is my last year of high school) and blow off homework for a week or two, but I still get A's and B's. My classes are a joke and my Mom does not realise that.
It doesn't make any sense! Once I get my driving license on Monday, I'm going to get a job and only come home to sleep. In the end, they'll still think that I am unable to take care of myself and I am stupid therefore I still need a tutor.

Sequenced, are you planning on college/ have you applied to colleges yet? If so, what are your thoughts on a major?

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-02-11 16:05:02

At 1 hour ago, jpbear wrote:

wow, just wow.

Before the redesign there were two buttons, 'Reply to Post' and 'Reply and Quote'. The first one is now gone, so he clicked 'Reply' and forgot to remove the quoted text. Simple as that.

[Hidden Audio Gems]

SoundCloud || YouTube || Facebook

PM me for constructive reviews, collaborations or commissions!

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-02-11 16:24:54

At 1 hour ago, jpbear wrote:

wow, just wow.

it didnt, i didnt notiec i was quoting untill it was posted, just wanted to reply to the thread -_-
sorry if it looked that way cause of the quote thing.

sadly all forum is revamped, but still no edit button :[]

Original, classical and retro videogame music composer. (No longer take project clients from newgrounds but if you need a track or two from what ive got pm me.)

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-02-11 16:28:04

At 1 hour ago, SBB wrote:
At 26 minutes ago, jpbear wrote: Cant tell if you're angry, joking, pondering, or mad at fairsquare,

He probably thought the 'reply'-button was an actual reply-button like it was before, and not a quote-button. Then again, what a predictable post from you calamaistr. And I can see results just fine: http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/search/title/calamaistr As you can see the only submissions that come up are the ones where your name is mentioned, not all your submissions

yea i dont like that, i wish it would actually bring ppl to my actual music -_- the few tracks with my name on it.. man those are ye olde, from like the 1800eds i swear. -_-
made with pots pans and tesla's trinkets.

this forum really needs an edit button, ive said this a million times and im sure a million other people a million times aswell -_-

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-02-11 16:33:07

At 6 minutes ago, Calamaistr wrote:
it didnt, i didnt notiec i was quoting untill it was posted, just wanted to reply to the thread -_-
sorry if it looked that way cause of the quote thing.

sadly all forum is revamped, but still no edit button :[]

related

The Audio Forum Lounge

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-02-11 16:39:56

At 1 hour ago, DavidOrr wrote:

Sequenced, are you planning on college/ have you applied to colleges yet? If so, what are your thoughts on a major?

Berklee College of Music. I'm auditioning in two weeks :)

annnnd long time no see man! how's life?