00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Thrll just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Audio Forum Lounge

1,783,090 Views | 34,324 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-01-05 21:19:06

Thanks for the suggestions. French house seems to be very flexible genre i should be able to fire together a track for the RAC contest no problem

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-01-05 21:20:44

Thanks for the suggestions. French house seems to be very flexible genre i should be able to fire together a track for the RAC contest no problem.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-01-05 21:43:59

At 1/5/12 07:37 PM, jpbear wrote: And my favorite artist this year, uppermost, TOO MANY GOOD TRACKS, and just came out with a 12 track free EP lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFCEciJIu rY&list=LLuyJa9fWmaSL01RJRt4PSPQ&index=3 9&feature=plpp_video

Holy jesus that track's so heavy o-o

BC | SC | FB

USF4: Ibuki | GGXRD: May | XBL/PSN/Steam: Qelaion

WHAT HAVE I DONE.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-01-05 22:19:21

I love Uppermost. I bought a tech house remix he did, it's fucking sick as hell.

lel

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-01-05 22:50:34

At 1/5/12 09:43 PM, ProdigalAudio wrote:
At 1/5/12 07:37 PM, jpbear wrote: And my favorite artist this year, uppermost, TOO MANY GOOD TRACKS, and just came out with a 12 track free EP lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFCEciJIu rY&list=LLuyJa9fWmaSL01RJRt4PSPQ&index=3 9&feature=plpp_video
Holy jesus that track's so heavy o-o

Fuck dubstep, uppermost has my favorite "violent" edm out there.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-01-05 22:55:39

I like French house, don't get me wrong, but I feel like currently it's dangerously close to becoming one of those genres that is so specific in the way it sounds that it will become difficult to be original. Like the current band of "Trance" music is.

bork bork bork

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-01-05 23:11:56

At 1/5/12 10:55 PM, Xyresic wrote: I like French house, don't get me wrong, but I feel like currently it's dangerously close to becoming one of those genres that is so specific in the way it sounds that it will become difficult to be original. Like the current band of "Trance" music is.

I thought we just established how much french house varies lol?

In this thread we mentioned Madeon, Daft punk, uppermost, and breakbot. Breakbot and daft punk are the only two that are remotely similair (and one is recording based while the other is sample based).

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-01-05 23:17:13

At 1/5/12 11:11 PM, jpbear wrote: In this thread we mentioned Madeon, Daft punk, uppermost, and breakbot.

Well, take that Uppermost track Positive that you posted. The second top comment is "Im so sick of people trying to relate Uppermost to Justice."

Well... umm... if no one had told me the artist name, I probably would have assumed this WAS Justice. This song sounds is pretty much in the exact same style. Distorted bass, heavily compressed, lots of slicing and editing... I would pretty much call that "French electro house in a nutshell"

bork bork bork

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-01-05 23:37:39

It sounds good. that's all that matters to me :D

BC | SC | FB

WHAT HAVE I DONE.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-01-05 23:42:28

At 1/5/12 11:37 PM, ProdigalAudio wrote: It sounds good. that's all that matters to me :D

True enough. I do enjoy myself a bit of French house.

bork bork bork

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-01-05 23:46:08

At 1/5/12 11:42 PM, Xyresic wrote:
At 1/5/12 11:37 PM, ProdigalAudio wrote: It sounds good. that's all that matters to me :D
True enough. I do enjoy myself a bit of French house.

Indeed. I've been enjoying a lot of different genres lately too, actually. several years ago I was restricted to dance music because I was so addicted to it, now I'm listening to everything from Math Metal to hiphop. (not to be confused with rap obviously)

Ambient and Neurofunk will still be my favourite two genres though :3

BC | SC | FB

WHAT HAVE I DONE.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-01-05 23:48:54

At 1/5/12 11:46 PM, ProdigalAudio wrote: Ambient and Neurofunk will still be my favourite two genres though :3

Ambient shines out as my favourite I think. No other genre has the ability to completely chill me out like ambient does... Makes me wonder why I don't make more of it...

bork bork bork

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-01-06 00:15:18

At 1/5/12 11:48 PM, Xyresic wrote:
At 1/5/12 11:46 PM, ProdigalAudio wrote: Ambient and Neurofunk will still be my favourite two genres though :3
Ambient shines out as my favourite I think. No other genre has the ability to completely chill me out like ambient does... Makes me wonder why I don't make more of it...

Yeah, me too. Seems like whenever I make something downtempo or ambient everyone loves it, whereas my more upbeat and "dirty" songs don't do as much damage to my incredibly small fanbase :P

BC | SC | FB

WHAT HAVE I DONE.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-01-06 05:07:46

At 1/5/12 06:05 PM, Tc572 wrote: Liquidooze

Why do you add so much reverb to your stems :C

Cuz reevurb is keeeeewl, durr

[Hidden Audio Gems]

SoundCloud || YouTube || Facebook

PM me for constructive reviews, collaborations or commissions!

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-01-06 10:16:26

At 1/6/12 10:14 AM, Chronamut wrote: ambiant and progressive house are my alltime fave genres :)

I haven't taken the time to fully listen to a bunch of prog house, but from what I HAVE heard, it was quite nice o:

BC | SC | FB

WHAT HAVE I DONE.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-01-06 11:40:06

At last I have escaped from my drinking pals. Starting from the 31 of December and until the 5th I was partying non stop.

Well, the last few days were pretty shitty to be honest. I woke up really late into the day and wasn't in the mood to do anything, which resulted in me going outside and staying there until the night with other people...

And besides, I kind of fucked up with the a certain girl which I really have a liking to. But then again, I got really close with another girl. But currently I just feel apathetic. Maybe because I got up late again or just got tired of celebrating.

I hate women... =\

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-01-06 13:39:49

At 1/6/12 12:03 PM, LaForge wrote:
At 1/6/12 11:40 AM, MrSaint wrote: I hate women... =\
Where's Chron when you need him?

I don't hate them the way Chron does, though!

Just...Sometimes all the shit you do for them is in vain. And it gets to me real bad

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-01-06 13:57:54

At 1/6/12 01:39 PM, MrSaint wrote: Just...Sometimes all the shit you do for them is in vain. And it gets to me real bad

Tell me about it -__-

but seriously, what's wrong dude?

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-01-06 17:08:37

Murphy's Law Strikes Again

So, I just upgraded the graphics card in my computer.... to have another one of my sticks of RAM die. I'm down to 4G of RAM now, which is barely enough to run Vista, let alone write music.

I hate technology.

Audio/BBS Mod

News: Bye bye Skype - Music: Tonight Will Be The Night- Art: Kira

\/\/\/ Click the sig for fun times! \/\/\/

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-01-06 17:27:52

At 1/6/12 05:08 PM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote: Murphy's Law Strikes Again

So, I just upgraded the graphics card in my computer.... to have another one of my sticks of RAM die. I'm down to 4G of RAM now, which is barely enough to run Vista, let alone write music.

I hate technology.

Why would you improve the graphics card of your computer when all you do is create mysic with it?

[Hidden Audio Gems]

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-01-06 17:29:21

At 1/6/12 05:08 PM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote: So, I just upgraded the graphics card in my computer.... to have another one of my sticks of RAM die. I'm down to 4G of RAM now, which is barely enough to run Vista, let alone write music.

Damn, I hate shit like that. I'm tellin' ya, I've shouted at my computer so many times for the shit it does.

Also, 4 GB of RAM barely runs Vista... what?! Upgrade to Windows 7, man. I'm running Windows 7 with 4 GB (32-bit so not even 4 gig is utilized), and mine works bloody fine.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-01-06 17:29:43

At 1/6/12 05:27 PM, LiquidOoze wrote: Why would you improve the graphics card of your computer when all you do is create mysic with it?

Who said I only use my PC to create music?

I'm a gamer as well, and my old graphics card was very outdated.

Audio/BBS Mod

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-01-06 18:02:34

I hate technology.

I want to make a joke with the punchline 'and RAM it down his ass', but there is nobody to blame for this misfortune :(

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-01-06 18:19:23

At 1/6/12 06:02 PM, FairSquare wrote:

I hate technology.
I want to make a joke with the punchline 'and RAM it down his ass', but there is nobody to blame for this misfortune :(

Well, I'm blaming Crucial... Both of the crucial brand sticks I had are now dead after only about 2 years of use... So go ahead and use them.

I did just order another 2 2G sticks of RAM from Newegg though, which will put me above where I was before (6G) at 8G, figure if I have to replace them anyways, I may as well upgrade at the same time.

Audio/BBS Mod

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-01-06 18:24:48

At 1/6/12 06:19 PM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote:
At 1/6/12 06:02 PM, FairSquare wrote:
At 1/6/12 05:08 PM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote:
another one of my sticks of RAM die.

Well, I'm blaming Crucial... Both of the crucial brand sticks I had are now dead after only about 2 years of use... So go ahead and use them.

Ah, great!
So, ok, here's the joke: You should go to the manager of Crucial, take your RAM with you and RAM it down his ass!
HAHAHAHAHAHA!!
hahaha.
ha?
:(

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-01-06 18:34:07

At 1/6/12 06:24 PM, FairSquare wrote: Ah, great!
So, ok, here's the joke: You should go to the manager of Crucial, take your RAM with you and RAM it down his ass!
HAHAHAHAHAHA!!
hahaha.
ha?
(

This would be much funnier if you hadn't spoiled it in your previous post.

[Hidden Audio Gems]

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-01-06 18:43:01

At 1/6/12 06:34 PM, LiquidOoze wrote:
At 1/6/12 06:24 PM, FairSquare wrote: Ah, great!
HAHAHAHAHAHA!!
hahaha.
ha?
(
This would be much funnier if you hadn't spoiled it in your previous post.

Being funny in real life comes more natural to me than being funny on the internet.
Making a fool of yourself is just easier in real life and you can tell when someone is really joking or joking about himself making a bad joke.
I guess taking the piss out of myself is something i'm good at ^___^

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-01-06 20:02:25

At 1/6/12 04:17 PM, Chronamut wrote: I hate curves

FUCK YOU CURVES ARE AWESOME!

and high pitches voices

Actually, this can get annoying.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-01-06 21:24:56

At 1/6/12 06:19 PM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote: I may as well upgrade at the same time.

It woud be funny if they were incompatible.

bork bork bork

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-01-06 21:34:03

At 1/6/12 09:24 PM, Xyresic wrote:
At 1/6/12 06:19 PM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote: I may as well upgrade at the same time.
It woud be funny if they were incompatible.

As much as I doubt that'll be the case, with my luck... I would not be surprised if I put the new RAM in and my computer just explodes, taking my midi keyboard, 360 and PS3 with it.

Audio/BBS Mod

BBS Signature