00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

wilwz just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Audio Forum Lounge

1,783,055 Views | 34,324 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-11-09 19:47:39

At 11/9/11 06:51 PM, YouriX wrote: Yeah there are some people out there who really believe that Darkstep came from Dubstep. They assume that anything that ends with the word "step" automaticly has a wobble bass and a halfstep beat. lol XD

Or just "Dub" in general, i've watched too many dub songs get trashed because "This isnt dubstep, fgt, where the wobble?" (seriously, I hate that)

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-11-09 20:04:18

Argh!

So, remember me bitching about Gamestop shipping out an order I cancelled a while back? Well... it's back to bite me in the ass again.

To recap, I turned the package away at the door, told them to ship it back to Gamestop, because I told them I was sending it back. So UPS tries to ship it back, and Gamestop refuses to take it back... I get angry, send Gamestop an email asking basically, "WTF?"
They reply saying, "Sorry for the inconvenience, we will refund the full price."
Which they did... sort of... Minus like $1.57 or something stupid... I was too fed up at that point to get upset about losing a dollar or two... I got my refund more or less, I was happy.

Then today, I get some mail from UPS saying I owe them $13 for the shipping and handling of the package I turned away.
I turned it away at the door because Gamestop was supposed to take it back, now because Gamestop turned it away, UPS is coming to me to pay for a package I cancelled long before they shipped it.

FML.... Again.

Well, either way, I didn't receive the package, so I have no intention of paying the S&H for it, although I'm not sure if I'm just going to ignore this (I've ignored delayed S&H charges before, and they just sort of gave up), or get in touch with Gamestop and tell them to pay for the package they abandoned when I told them I was sending it back to get my refund.

Either way, I'm not paying for something I didn't receive.

Rage!

Audio/BBS Mod

News: Bye bye Skype - Music: Tonight Will Be The Night- Art: Kira

\/\/\/ Click the sig for fun times! \/\/\/

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-11-09 20:27:07

Relationship stuff

Is 3 months too soon to try making out with a girl?

And how would I initiate it?

Very Nice.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-11-09 21:18:29

At 11/9/11 08:27 PM, Tc572 wrote: Relationship stuff

3 months?? i thought a week was already long enough lol

Music is my passion , not my business.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-11-09 21:36:36

What the hell? Have sex with her already!

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-11-09 22:24:01

At 11/9/11 09:18 PM, Acid-Paradox wrote:

We don't live that close so I don't get to see her that often :c

Actually, I've seriously been thinking about breaking up with her and dating someone that goes to my school. It would be so much easier :/

Very Nice.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-11-09 22:37:32

You know those threads you see here on the audio forums that pretty much go along the lines of...

"Why do all my songs have low scores"

or

"What the hell how did these songs get top of the week"

or

"God I really want to slam my cock into the audio portals ass right meow because this is pissing me off. IM LEAVING NEWGROUNDS MEOW CAUZ THIS IS BULLSHEETS"

The Audio Forum Lounge

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-11-09 22:38:38

Oh yeah, forgot to mention we should totally spam that picture on every single one of those fucking annoying threads. Now, someone link to the one i made way back when just to make fun of me and my hypocrisy.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-11-09 22:46:39

At 11/9/11 08:27 PM, Tc572 wrote: Initiating making out with a girl?

I think it involves a rubber band, 2 hair pins and some gum.

Seriously though, I think a few things you can perhaps consider:
-If you're in an appropriate location. Not next to your mom, not in math class, not next to your friends after school, not while she's asleep.
-If you want to kiss her. Don't kiss her cause you think you should.
-If she wants to kiss you. Perhaps tough to divine, but if you're noticing her looking at your lips, and the place is apropriate and you're feeling like kissing her, thennnnnn... it should be sort of obvious.
-If things line up, don't smash your face into hers and surprise her. If you move slowly you won't goof up lol.

Consider it like a song that progresses smoothly, no surprises. :P

Also as if I'm typing my rudimentary 2 cents on kissing on an online forum for audio.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-11-09 22:46:52

At 11/9/11 05:05 PM, MrSaint wrote: And because this is school, I just have socialize with them somehow :P

You should take some tips from your fellow Russian brothers on how to deal with bitches who like to start shit;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMrbaYozP _s

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-11-09 23:07:58

At 11/9/11 10:46 PM, InvisibleObserver wrote: not while she's asleep

How would I end up in a situation where she's asleep while she's with me?

Seriously, tell me, because I want to make it happen

Very Nice.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-11-09 23:13:33

At 11/9/11 11:07 PM, Tc572 wrote:

Seriously, tell me, because I want to make it happen

I dunno, she can't be awake always.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-11-10 00:05:50

Do what I do an use roofies.

Looks like I spawned a series of relationship talks. My bad.

Well I'm still emotionally fucked over what that bitch did to me. Ah well. Ugh.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-11-10 04:26:07

"Does this smell like chloroform to you?"

At 1/16/12 03:08 AM, Xyresic wrote: EchozAurora: The SEXY Audio Mod. (2019 edit lol not anymoar)

Check out soundcloud.com/echozaurora for more recent songs and DJ mixes!

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-11-10 07:40:50

At 11/10/11 12:05 AM, FatKidWitAJetPak wrote: Well I'm still emotionally fucked over what that bitch did to me. Ah well. Ugh.

Do what I do: mas-- I write music! Some of my best music is written when I'm emotionally f'ed up.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-11-10 08:16:39

At 11/9/11 11:07 PM, Tc572 wrote:

Sex.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-11-10 08:58:25

At 11/9/11 09:18 PM, Acid-Paradox wrote:

Apparently in my case it was.

The Main Thing is to keep the Main, Thing the Main Thing.

Latest Song: Retraktion [House/Electro] / Latest Mix: Voltaicly Uncondensed

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-11-10 09:06:01

how i feel these last couple convos

The Audio Forum Lounge

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-11-10 09:16:24

3 months?! you should be making out by wednesday

p.s. i am gay

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-11-10 12:06:16

At 11/10/11 07:40 AM, RampantMusik wrote:
At 11/10/11 12:05 AM, FatKidWitAJetPak wrote: Well I'm still emotionally fucked over what that bitch did to me. Ah well. Ugh.
Do what I do: mas-- I write music! Some of my best music is written when I'm emotionally f'ed up.

YES. I write all of my music when I'm depressed hahah Hats probably why I make ambience.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-11-10 15:12:03

Ian my love, I'm always here for you!

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-11-10 17:52:26

Hey guys, do any of you still remember me? I used to come here a lot 5 years ago, its funny to see how the same people i knew back then are still going strong.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-11-10 18:04:18

At 11/10/11 05:52 PM, SolidElectro wrote: I used to come here a lot 5 years ago.

So... This is an alt account then? Cause you only signed up 3 years ago, and I have no idea who you are.

Audio/BBS Mod

News: Bye bye Skype - Music: Tonight Will Be The Night- Art: Kira

\/\/\/ Click the sig for fun times! \/\/\/

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-11-10 18:42:04

At 11/10/11 01:51 PM, Chronamut wrote:
At 11/10/11 12:06 PM, FatKidWitAJetPak wrote: Hats probably why I make ambience.
THIS JUST IN! FatKidWitAJetPak's reasons for making music involve.. HATS!

It was a cold, dark night. The wind trickled down my back as if it was raining. I shivered as the hairs stood up on the back of my neck. My footsteps echoed through the dark, brick covered alleyway as I headed home after a long night working at the bakery. I stopped lr a moment and pulled out a pack of cigarettes from my frot coat pocket. The erry sounds of silence engulfed the world around me as the cigarette blistered in the darkness, signaling to any nighttime robber that I was open for business. I wasn't to afraid of criminals in the old London city. I had walked the very same path for years without much trouble, but it was unknown to me that tonight would be different.

Sudddenly, a fierce laugh sprawled its way into my ears. I shot my head backwards and found myself staring straight into the jagged eyes of a scrawny man, his teeth glistening against the red glow from my cigarette. I couldn't make out much of his figure, due to the pitch black atmosphere of the alleyway. All I could see was that he was a tall, skinny man with white eyes, yellow teeth, and a strangely large hat rested against his wrinkly old head. "Hahahah!" he yelped. I took the cigarette out from my mouth and stepped back a few paces. "What the hell is so funny?" I jagged back. "Your head!," he said, "There isn't a hat in it! it's quite ugly. You should have a hat!" I stared at him horrifically in confusion. "I don't wear hats." I said.

His eyes widened with an expression that I could only describe as a spiral into insanity. "You... Don't like hats?" he whispered in a breath of despair. "Well, no not really. They make my head itch," I stated. I lifted the cigarette up to my mouth and released a puff of smoke out into the night. "Itch? Your head is already itchIng! it is festering with a horrible scent that causes my nose to bleed! You pitiful fiend! You will pay for your insolence. I'll stop your head from itching, forever!" He pulled a knife out of his jacket and lunged for my scalp.

Beore I could react, he was already on top of me. I struggled underneath his grasp, but it was far to late. I felt his blade carve into my head. Te blood washed down my forehead and I screamed into his hand. Pain shot through my body, and everything went black.

I woke up. The sheets on my bed were drenched in sweet. I breathed slowly and lifter the covers off my shaking body. "What a nightmare" I said to myself. I rubbed my eyes and went to the bathroom for a glass water. The light dimmed on as I walked into the marble floor tiles. Then, something caught my attention in the mirror. I turned as stared at the figure staring back. Sitting on my head was a large,
black hat, sticker to my scalp. I screamed. Everything went dark.

Sbb I would rather not brig up my childhood again... but now you know.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-11-10 19:58:35

At 11/10/11 06:42 PM, FatKidWitAJetPak wrote: I screamed. Everything went dark.

You really like Halloween, don't you ?

At 11/10/11 06:04 PM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote:
At 11/10/11 05:52 PM, SolidElectro wrote: I used to come here a lot 5 years ago.
So... This is an alt account then? Cause you only signed up 3 years ago, and I have no idea who you are.

Quantum physics maybe can explain ?

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-11-10 22:19:35

At 11/10/11 07:58 PM, sorohanro wrote:
At 11/10/11 06:42 PM, FatKidWitAJetPak wrote: I screamed. Everything went dark.
You really like Halloween, don't you ?

No I don't all that much, but SBB brought up my past so
I revealed it to everyone... about how I know have a hat, stitched
to my skull.. it was a horrible experience.

also I did a bit of 10 minute improv writing

woohoo

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-11-10 23:19:07

At 11/10/11 05:52 PM, SolidElectro wrote: Hey guys, do any of you still remember me? I used to come here a lot 5 years ago, its funny to see how the same people i knew back then are still going strong.

I remember your face during the CTSG shiznit, HOW YA DOIN !!?? :D :D :D

quarl BandCamp

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-11-10 23:24:28

At 11/10/11 12:06 PM, FatKidWitAJetPak wrote:
At 11/10/11 07:40 AM, RampantMusik wrote:
YES. I write all of my music when I'm depressed hahah Hats probably why I make ambience.

The problem with this thought is that people don't make their best when they are in a harmful state of mind. If you where able to harness that pain and anguish in a time when your mind is more at ease, you can more effectively convey the emotions. Also it's hard to make anything sound good (especially to ones self) when you're depressed...

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-11-11 00:04:26

Well when I'm depressed I passionately switch over my state of mind to conveying every single emotion down into a vivid electronic dystopia. :)

I actually composed my song "Breathe With Me" right before I nearly attempted suicide with a bottle of pills. I actually submitted the songs saying "this is my last song" and then i changed it to "Hey guys, here is my new song" because I was to much of a pansy to take the pills and instead spent the remainder of the night staring at the ceiling wishing my heart would stop.

I spent the remainder of the next few months focusing my emotions down into possible landscapes, but usually failed at making anything that sounded very good. I ended up composing "Ironesque Valley" after four months of mental anguish, but god damn it was worth it. It feels fantastic to be able to communicate my feelings into a waveform. The harmonics of a piano, vibrating through a room and bouncing off the walls is a sound that I can only describe as euphoric expression of the mind.

Man, I'm weird.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-11-11 00:18:06

At 11/11/11 12:04 AM, FatKidWitAJetPak wrote: I nearly attempted suicide

You didn't even get to attempt it?!

too far

I haven't been severely depressed in a couple years, i really wanna manage to feel in love/broken hearted again just to get that emotion of both sad and happiness back. Got some bad ass poetry from those dark days.

Being content with life is boooorrrinngg.