00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

GMan2006i just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Audio Forum Lounge

1,788,660 Views | 34,324 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-10-31 16:54:45

At 10/31/11 04:53 PM, Quarl wrote: and I literally just ordered her $50 in flowers to arrive on her birthday on the 2nd...

Boy, is she ever gonna feel like a bitch when those arrive...

But seriously, is Halloween like "Relationships gone bad day" or something now?

Audio/BBS Mod

News: Bye bye Skype - Music: Tonight Will Be The Night- Art: Kira

\/\/\/ Click the sig for fun times! \/\/\/

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-10-31 17:04:46

At 10/31/11 04:54 PM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote:
At 10/31/11 04:53 PM, Quarl wrote: and I literally just ordered her $50 in flowers to arrive on her birthday on the 2nd...

Meh, they probably just got hit on a lot due to their slutty costumes. Makes them feel worth something loooooolll.

kinda kidding, kinda not

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-10-31 17:14:53

At 10/31/11 05:04 PM, jpbear wrote:

Meh, they probably just got hit on a lot due to their slutty costumes. Makes them feel worth something loooooolll.

kinda kidding, kinda not

Nobody in my major dressed up as a slutty [insert profession here]. Ergo, my day was quite boring :P

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-10-31 17:34:41

Bed Sheet Ghost

*Most original costume idea EVA.

The Main Thing is to keep the Main, Thing the Main Thing.

Latest Song: Retraktion [House/Electro] / Latest Mix: Voltaicly Uncondensed

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-10-31 17:40:59

At 10/31/11 04:36 PM, RampantMusik wrote:
If you get to do this again in the future, definitely bring a mixer with more inputs :3 It's a great opportunity that not many of us have nowadays, I'm so jelly!

Well I could technically bring my laptop and external interface as well, and send the line out of the field mixer into my audio interface, and then plug in 3 more mics directly into the interface, and have that all go to my computer, but the quality of the preamps on my 150 dollar audio interface is horrible compared to my 1500 dollar field mixer(<3 sound devices) and that means bringing in shitloads of gear too.

But fuck that. This isnt even going to be published so why make all that effort.

Assuming you're mixing this in with a virtual orchestra, though, the lack of room ambience will probably help you fit it in the mix more nicely.

Actually it's meant to just be a piano and choir piece. So no mixing, just mastering and exporting then sending it off to my client. But if I was then I guess it would depend on the room. If its a real reverbery type environment then yeah no ambient mics but a nice damp stage and some overheads would really just add fullness to the sound and still be fine to be mixed with added instruments. Since this isnt meant to be mixed with any other instruments it would be nice to have some ambient mics and capture the nice big hall they will be singing in but oh well, my QL spaces reverb and hall noise will have to do this time.

=P

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-10-31 18:18:12

At 10/31/11 04:01 PM, Decibel wrote:
At 10/31/11 12:51 PM, Rahmemhotep wrote: Happy Halloween! Isn't it great that this is my favorite holiday and I'm depressed as fuck during it!? FML :D
Join the Club.

We don't celebrate Halloween in Russia, but many people still think it's a good reason to have a party. They don't dress into costumes, though

Also, about depression, lately I've been feeling drained. I do my school work and just become extremely tired. It's not a huge amount, but after all the work I don't have any energy. I have no motivation even to pick up my guitar and play (I only hit the studio with my friends on the weekends), the tablet I lent from my friend is starting to gather dust. Been this way a week.

whine whine :C

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-10-31 19:24:29

Relationships:
I went on a date with someone who others previous to my meeting them, declared the girl as 'lesbian'.
I don't think that is the case...

Lol-worthy imo.

Sorry to hear about some of the tough luck/love being faced. Usually if something seems off, bail hard.
IE: Fatkid's situation.

Halloween:
Attended / attending some parties, dressed as a hipster for them. I dislike the overthe top aesthetic... but I keep hearing "you look really good" and "what is your costume?" Sad faic. Seriously considering adopting some of the look.

I think we those of us dressing up should post pictures.

/ I'm not a rapist.

Music as a magnet:
It works until they hear the music, or they say they like it even though you know they don't. I find it muddies things.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-10-31 19:33:35

Halloween 2011:
I went / am going as Barney Stinson. Because I already own a suit, so it's free.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-10-31 22:43:46

Still no power. FML.

Time to play Battlefield 3.

lel

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-11-01 03:45:57

At 10/31/11 10:43 PM, Sequenced wrote: Still no power. FML.

Time to play Battlefield 3.

How will you do that without power?

[Hidden Audio Gems]

SoundCloud || YouTube || Facebook

PM me for constructive reviews, collaborations or commissions!

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-11-01 04:24:45

On the contrary, I had a wonderful date yesterday ^^

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-11-01 08:33:40

Eh, whatever. I went up with my brother and played Gears of War 3 until I got tired. Then today, we're goin' out for sushi and prolly gonna play GOW3 with two of our friends. (I'm a big Gears head so I'm pretty amped.)

I mean, I need the $20 I made to open a bank account, but you know what it is.

Black and yellow, black and yellow, black and yellow.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-11-01 08:34:29

Dating

I ain't got someone to date

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-11-01 08:54:55

At 11/1/11 08:34 AM, FairSquare wrote: Dating

Awhh, Hug?

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-11-01 09:02:42

At 11/1/11 08:54 AM, Decibel wrote:

Awhh, Hug?

Sure

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-11-01 09:22:45

At 11/1/11 09:02 AM, FairSquare wrote: Sure

*HUGS FAIRSQUARE*

But seriously, I usually get really depressed seeing my friends are dating and I'm not, but I just download my computer's weight in progressive house and I easily get cheered up.

This usually does the trick, see?

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-11-01 09:23:01

Well I'd date you! But you're like 7 years too old for me =P

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-11-01 09:35:11

I have never so much as had a girlfriend my entire life. Please keep the people in emotional poverty in mind while you sit up there in middle-class.

[/massive amounts of sarcasm]

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-11-01 11:19:09

YEEAAAHH!! Relationship problems and depression, just the halloween I was looking for!

Luckily I get to crank out this newKomplete 8 package I bought and fucking grind the shit out of these speakers YEAAAAHHHHH!!

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-11-01 16:19:20

Skyrim
Just. Ten. Days. I don't care if I sound like a massive nerd, it's my most highly anticipated game since Red Dead Redemption.

Also, I missed classes today because I'm sick. Didn't even get to write music; I've spent the afternoon catching up on work I missed today.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-11-01 16:36:41

At 11/1/11 04:19 PM, RampantMusik wrote: Skyrim
Just. Ten. Days. I don't care if I sound like a massive nerd

Don't worry, I was debating making a similar post last night. I've been looking forward to Skyrim a very long time.

Audio/BBS Mod

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-11-01 16:46:10

At 11/1/11 04:36 PM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote:
Don't worry, I was debating making a similar post last night. I've been looking forward to Skyrim a very long time.

A couple of my friends are on the west coast (I'm in the northeast), so I'll be taunting them via text message for the three hours I'll be playing the game before them :3

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-11-01 16:48:58

At 11/1/11 11:19 AM, FatKidWitAJetPak wrote: Luckily I get to crank out this newKomplete 8 package I bought and fucking grind the shit out of these speakers YEAAAAHHHHH!!

NIce, how are you liking it so far?

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-11-01 16:50:50

At 11/1/11 04:46 PM, RampantMusik wrote:
At 11/1/11 04:36 PM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote:
A couple of my friends are on the west coast (I'm in the northeast), so I'll be taunting them via text message for the three hours I'll be playing the game before them :3

I could've got the game for free (And no, I don't mean by pirating) had the flyer I got been a little more informative... In the end, I'm only getting $25 off... which I'll admit is pretty damn good for trading in 1 5 year old game for a brand spanking new one.

So I've been using that to brag. EBGames was running a promotion where if you traded in 3 games on their "Most Wanted" list, you could get 1 of 6 games that was coming out in the next couple months for free... However, the flyer I had only said 2 of them for $50 off, so I brought in 2 of the games I had that were on the list (Mass Effect 2 and CoD: MW).. But apparently ME2 wasn't worth enough to be eligible (Despite it being on the list)... So I only traded in CoD to get $25 off...

... Still, $25 off a game that isn't even out yet is pretty damn good.

Audio/BBS Mod

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-11-01 17:03:49

At 11/1/11 04:50 PM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote: ... Still, $25 off a game that isn't even out yet is pretty damn good.

I'm trading back Gears of War 3 (because I'm bored with it). Gears 3 has a guaranteed $30 trade-in value until 11/19, and if you trade it in toward a game on a list (of which Skyrim is one), you get a 30% trade-in bonus.

The way I see it, I'm paying full-price for Skyrim and getting $39 back on my now-regretful purchase of Gears.

What are you planning on doing first when you get the game, BFP? I'll probably admire the scenery for a little bit, then go treasure hunting.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-11-01 17:08:03

SUPER DRUM CHALLENGE

So i changed to a new ensemble at school and im going to play this on drums.

It's gonna be hard.... Im not really good with ostinatos with my right hand , but oh well. Gotta practice like a crazy bitch.

Music is my passion , not my business.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-11-01 17:08:32

At 11/1/11 05:03 PM, RampantMusik wrote:
At 11/1/11 04:50 PM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote: ... Still, $25 off a game that isn't even out yet is pretty damn good.
I'm trading back Gears of War 3 (because I'm bored with it). Gears 3 has a guaranteed $30 trade-in value until 11/19, and if you trade it in toward a game on a list (of which Skyrim is one), you get a 30% trade-in bonus.

The way I see it, I'm paying full-price for Skyrim and getting $39 back on my now-regretful purchase of Gears.

I've never been a fan of the Gears franchise... Highly overrated IMO. But $39 back, wish I could've got that when I traded in Gears 1.

What are you planning on doing first when you get the game, BFP? I'll probably admire the scenery for a little bit, then go treasure hunting.

I honestly have no idea... the only thing I know I'll be doing right now is creating an Argonian "battle mage".
But if I had to take a guess what I'd do first... probably try hunt down a dragon... even if it means a premature death.

Audio/BBS Mod

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-11-01 17:34:00

At 11/1/11 05:08 PM, Acid-Paradox wrote: SUPER DRUM CHALLENGE

So i changed to a new ensemble at school and im going to play this on drums.

It's gonna be hard.... Im not really good with ostinatos with my right hand , but oh well. Gotta practice like a crazy bitch.

Are you gonna be playing the set or the congas? Both sound pretty fun to me =P

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-11-01 17:36:18

At 11/1/11 05:34 PM, LogicalDefiance wrote:
Are you gonna be playing the set or the congas? Both sound pretty fun to me =P

the set , there's another dude who is going to do the percussion because i really don't have an idea how to play congas hehe

Music is my passion , not my business.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-11-01 17:43:07

At 11/1/11 05:08 PM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote: I've never been a fan of the Gears franchise... Highly overrated IMO. But $39 back, wish I could've got that when I traded in Gears 1.

Yeah. The multiplayer is and always has been dominated by one single weapon (the shotgun), and the story's mediocre at best. The emotional "character development" are just plain laughable.

I honestly have no idea... the only thing I know I'll be doing right now is creating an Argonian "battle mage".
But if I had to take a guess what I'd do first... probably try hunt down a dragon... even if it means a premature death.

I nearly forgot about the dragons! (Of course not.)

I just remember my first sunrise at the top of a mountain range in Oblivion, and seeing the beautifully-crafted skybox shining down on the spires of the Imperial City below... I really hope Skyrim can bring recreate (or even outdo) such lasting imagery.