New Topic Respond to this Topic
BrokenDeck
BrokenDeck
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 38
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Jul. 18th, 2011 @ 08:59 PM Reply

At 7/18/11 07:01 PM, LaForge wrote: RUCKLES CLEAN OUT YOUR DAMNED INBOX BEFORE I WRITE THIS PM WITH PEN AND PAPER AND SHOVE IT UP YOUR ASS

Didn't you know? His inbox is ALWAYS FUCKING FULL...

Rahmemhotep
Rahmemhotep
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Jul. 18th, 2011 @ 10:11 PM Reply

Clair Brothers

Sounds like I've got a good chance of getting a job from them. IF MY CAR WASN"T BROKEN DOWN!!!

My sig is clickable and takes you some place.
Best Thread Ever

BBS Signature
Breed
Breed
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Jul. 18th, 2011 @ 11:58 PM Reply

This is Jessica Black's new music video.

Yes it has 60 thousand dislikes and only 300 views

=P

Chemich
Chemich
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Jul. 19th, 2011 @ 01:58 AM Reply

Hey everyone, your friendly Neighborhood Chemich here.

Looking for an experienced artist to do some Hardstyle collabs with (not limited to JUST hardstyle but I'd prefer to make it at least with someone.)

I can also do Dubstep, and Drum & Bass... though my skills in Dubstep aren't exactly "amazing," my overall production skill is pretty decent though.

If anyone's willing to collab feel free to PM me, and if you have AIM drop a line on there. I'm on once a day, for a few hours at least.

Hit me up. <3

☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼

BBS Signature
BrokenDeck
BrokenDeck
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 38
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Jul. 19th, 2011 @ 02:03 AM Reply

At 7/18/11 11:58 PM, LogicalDefiance wrote: This is Jessica Black's new music video.

=P

An Asian keyboard player... lol of course....

Rahmemhotep
Rahmemhotep
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Jul. 19th, 2011 @ 02:18 AM Reply

At 7/18/11 10:31 PM, LaForge wrote:
At 7/18/11 10:11 PM, Rahmemhotep wrote: Clair Brothers

Sounds like I've got a good chance of getting a job from them. IF MY CAR WASN"T BROKEN DOWN!!!
Be glad you have some mode of transportation. I used to ride a fucking moped...until it got STOLEN. Now I bum rides from my friends, and have to pay them gas money.

Fix your car and stop crying.

Fix a car that I know nothing about. Hmm, sounds like a great idea, I'll just rip this out and thisssss and HEY! Now my headlights are loose in the covers and my wheels fell off for a reason that I can't understand.

My wife and I can't even fathom how electricity works, why would you tell me to attempt automobile repair? We're artists not mechanics. It also takes MONEY to hire a mechanic, which we don't have. I'm pretty sure that if I was crying, I'd have the right to.

We're in the same boat, man, stop crying.

Best Thread Ever

BBS Signature
Nechura
Nechura
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Jul. 19th, 2011 @ 02:29 AM Reply

At 7/19/11 02:18 AM, Rahmemhotep wrote: Fix a car that I know nothing about. Hmm, sounds like a great idea, I'll just rip this out and thisssss and HEY! Now my headlights are loose in the covers and my wheels fell off for a reason that I can't understand.

My wife and I can't even fathom how electricity works, why would you tell me to attempt automobile repair? We're artists not mechanics. It also takes MONEY to hire a mechanic, which we don't have. I'm pretty sure that if I was crying, I'd have the right to.

Have you got any ideas what the problem could be? Does it start? If so, what kinda' noise is it making?

Could be something easily fixable man.

Echo
Echo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Jul. 19th, 2011 @ 02:32 AM Reply

At 7/18/11 11:58 PM, LogicalDefiance wrote: This is Jessica Black's new music video.

=P

YouTube needs some lessons in maths...

GirlStep
GirlStep
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Jul. 19th, 2011 @ 02:59 AM Reply

=P

YouTubGirl limits the views to ~300 for the first day, bro.

X Sentinel & GirlStep - Obelisk <-- please take a listen! :3

BBS Signature
Mich
Mich
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 42
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Jul. 19th, 2011 @ 04:13 AM Reply

At 7/19/11 02:59 AM, GirlStep wrote: YouTubGirl limits the views to ~300 for the first day, bro.

What I'm wondering is how one makes the typo of typing "Girl" rather than "e".

Might there be some a type of "digital tourette syndrome" where one randomly mentions a word when typing? Or perhaps a form of obsession where on can't help but type certain words everywhere.

jarrydn
jarrydn
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Artist
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Jul. 19th, 2011 @ 05:25 AM Reply

Looks like an awkward reference to "tubgirl" to me.

Hades
Hades
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Jul. 19th, 2011 @ 05:36 AM Reply

At 7/19/11 05:25 AM, jarrydn wrote: Looks like an awkward reference to "tubgirl" to me.

And there goes my breakfast.

Seriously, one of those interwebz topics I'm happy I manage to forget about every few months or so. Until someone manages to bring it up again. Yikes. :P

BBS Signature
DJHeat
DJHeat
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Jul. 19th, 2011 @ 05:37 AM Reply

Why is everyone going on about the uploader, mine works fine?

LiquidOoze
LiquidOoze
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Jul. 19th, 2011 @ 05:43 AM Reply

At 7/19/11 05:37 AM, DJHeat wrote: Why is everyone going on about the uploader, mine works fine?

The uploader is bugged in such a way that it rejects mp3's sometimes for no reason. Some people say exporting the mp3 again fixes the problem, but that it's not true. The only thing that works is refreshing the page until the mp3 succesfully loads. I had to do this 10+ times when I posted my last submission. :(

SoundCloud || Youtube || Bandcamp || Facebook || Click below to listen to my newest track!

BBS Signature
DJHeat
DJHeat
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Jul. 19th, 2011 @ 05:47 AM Reply

At 7/19/11 05:43 AM, LiquidOoze wrote:
At 7/19/11 05:37 AM, DJHeat wrote: Why is everyone going on about the uploader, mine works fine?
The uploader is bugged in such a way that it rejects mp3's sometimes for no reason. Some people say exporting the mp3 again fixes the problem, but that it's not true. The only thing that works is refreshing the page until the mp3 succesfully loads. I had to do this 10+ times when I posted my last submission. :(

Oh that, that happened to me a couple of months ago but i just refreshed then a month after that it started working fine again, so i thought they fixed it but apparently not, also does this happen to you, whenever i try to preview the song i uploaded it never works :S except that's been like that for ages so i guess i shouldn't worry about that :D

Back-From-Purgatory
Back-From-Purgatory
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Jul. 19th, 2011 @ 05:49 AM Reply

I had the site reject my latest song as well... although I didn't re-export it, nor did I refresh the page, I simply uploaded it again, and it worked fine the second time.

Really, it's just a minor annoyance if you ask me... Not to say it wouldn't be nice if it were fixed.

Audio/BBS Mod
News: I want to write more metal... - Music: The Inevitability - Art: Kira
\/\/\/ Click the sig for fun times! \/\/\/

BBS Signature
LiquidOoze
LiquidOoze
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Jul. 19th, 2011 @ 05:51 AM Reply

At 7/19/11 05:49 AM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote:
I had the site reject my latest song as well... although I didn't re-export it, nor did I refresh the page, I simply uploaded it again, and it worked fine the second time.

Really, it's just a minor annoyance if you ask me... Not to say it wouldn't be nice if it were fixed.

Uploading again works as well, but that's only possible when you wait out until you get the message saying 'This doesn't appear to be a valid mp3'. I'm not that patient, I just refresh the page and try again when the loading takes too long.

SoundCloud || Youtube || Bandcamp || Facebook || Click below to listen to my newest track!

BBS Signature
Rahmemhotep
Rahmemhotep
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Jul. 19th, 2011 @ 06:25 AM Reply

At 7/19/11 02:29 AM, Nechura wrote:
At 7/19/11 02:18 AM, Rahmemhotep wrote: Fix a car that I know nothing about. Hmm, sounds like a great idea, I'll just rip this out and thisssss and HEY! Now my headlights are loose in the covers and my wheels fell off for a reason that I can't understand.

Have you got any ideas what the problem could be? Does it start? If so, what kinda' noise is it making?

Could be something easily fixable man.

Well, it wouldn't start and all the check lights were on when I was trying to start it so I did the only thing I know how to do and hooked it up to a battery for recharging. My friend said it could be the spark plug, but fuck if I even know what that is. I'll have him look at it.

Best Thread Ever

BBS Signature
Nechura
Nechura
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Jul. 19th, 2011 @ 07:57 AM Reply

At 7/19/11 06:25 AM, Rahmemhotep wrote: Well, it wouldn't start and all the check lights were on when I was trying to start it so I did the only thing I know how to do and hooked it up to a battery for recharging. My friend said it could be the spark plug, but fuck if I even know what that is. I'll have him look at it.

Could be the case. When you turn the key, does it even try to turn over or is it completely dead?

Free Sample Pack

I've been making a percussion and fx sample pack over the last few weeks and I finished it off today, you can grab it here. It's fairly small 'cause I ran out stuff to sample but still, it's something.

I'm thinking about making another one so tell me what you guys think / where I went wrong / things I should consider when making the next one. Cheers.

jpbear
jpbear
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Jul. 19th, 2011 @ 08:09 AM Reply

At 7/19/11 07:57 AM, Nechura wrote: Free Sample Pack

I've been making a percussion and fx sample pack over the last few weeks and I finished it off today, you can grab it here. It's fairly small 'cause I ran out stuff to sample but still, it's something.

I'm thinking about making another one so tell me what you guys think / where I went wrong / things I should consider when making the next one. Cheers.

DLing, ill tell ya what i think about it when im done. Also ive been meaning to release a percussion kit myself too when i get back in america :D

LiquidOoze
LiquidOoze
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Jul. 19th, 2011 @ 08:30 AM Reply

Not bad, I liked the Atmosphere pack. Fx and Perc packs consist of the same sounds mostly, you should've variate in those a bit more. Might use this in upcoming submissions. Might.

BBS Signature
DJHeat
DJHeat
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Jul. 19th, 2011 @ 08:49 AM Reply

At 7/19/11 07:57 AM, Nechura wrote:
Free Sample Pack

Nice man, atmosphere 3 is great for a dubstep track, thanks man, i'll probs use some of these when i get better at dubstep :S haha thanks anyways :D

LiquidOoze
LiquidOoze
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Jul. 19th, 2011 @ 10:05 AM Reply

HTML Beatport

Who else thinks the new Beatport lay-out sucks ass? I can't even visit the frontpage because I get an error all the time! Look here, what do you think?

BBS Signature
Decibel
Decibel
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Jul. 19th, 2011 @ 11:02 AM Reply

At 7/19/11 10:05 AM, LiquidOoze wrote: HTML Beatport

Who else thinks the new Beatport lay-out sucks ass? I can't even visit the frontpage because I get an error all the time! Look here, what do you think?

It's become a blog, I really prefer the old black and green layout, it stood out from both the other websites and the beatportal itself, so a one-up from that end, but now it's just lifeless and boring. I used to have fun browsing around the site just because of the layout.

Song Uploader

I'll bet that they'll fix it in a while and they'll call it a redesign.

Mich
Mich
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 42
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Jul. 19th, 2011 @ 11:17 AM Reply

HTML Beatport

I think it's a VAST improvement over the old flash crap. As an Ubuntu 64 bit user, flash tends to crash quite often, which leads to a terrible beatport experience.

Also, it was ridiculous to just link to a page, the loading time was annoying, as well as pagination, and I could go on. There really was no reason for the whole site to be in flash. I hate full-flash websites a whole lot. There's a reason there's something like HTML, to present information. No need to stick all your page's content in flash.

And I haven't noticed any problems with the new beatport at all. I only have positive remarks.

Breed
Breed
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Jul. 19th, 2011 @ 11:56 AM Reply

I think it's really cool that you're making your own sample pack; I respect originality in samples like I do fresh ingredients in a stir fry...but before you go on to record everything you can think of, you should seriously consider investing in better recording equipment, and researching noise removal. The signal to noise ratios in "Derp" were sub par IMO.

GirlStep
GirlStep
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Jul. 19th, 2011 @ 12:09 PM Reply

At 7/19/11 10:05 AM, LiquidOoze wrote: Who else thinks the new Beatport lay-out sucks ass?

Because the old one was totally killer in its all flash design, huh?

X Sentinel & GirlStep - Obelisk <-- please take a listen! :3

BBS Signature
Chronamut
Chronamut
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 42
Artist
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Jul. 19th, 2011 @ 12:12 PM Reply

At 7/19/11 12:09 PM, GirlStep wrote: I'm a girl.

Right.

Want to chat with fellow newgrounders? Then go here & come visit The High Society Club!
ALSO - My sig isnt there just for show - CLICK IT!

BBS Signature
LiquidOoze
LiquidOoze
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Jul. 19th, 2011 @ 02:29 PM Reply

New Sig

Whaddayathink? Pretty neato, huh? :)

BBS Signature
Chronamut
Chronamut
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 42
Artist
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Jul. 19th, 2011 @ 02:48 PM Reply

At 7/19/11 02:29 PM, LiquidOoze wrote: New Sig

Whaddayathink? Pretty neato, huh? :)

dude your sig should be like a white cum stain on the edge of a bed.

Want to chat with fellow newgrounders? Then go here & come visit The High Society Club!
ALSO - My sig isnt there just for show - CLICK IT!

BBS Signature