00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

ozziel94 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Audio Forum Lounge

1,782,531 Views | 34,322 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-08-19 08:19:07

At 8/19/11 07:47 AM, Decibel wrote:
At 8/19/11 07:37 AM, KieranNG wrote: Four on the floor just means 4x4 crotchets yeah?
No,Four on the Floor Means when you have a kick or something on every beat.

Bass drum accenting every quarter note in a 4/4 rhythm...

quarl BandCamp

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-08-19 08:59:16

At 8/19/11 08:54 AM, Chronamut wrote: unts unts unts unts..

Actually it's pronounced as 'unce', not 'unts'. :P

[Hidden Audio Gems]

SoundCloud || YouTube || Facebook

PM me for constructive reviews, collaborations or commissions!

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-08-19 09:16:03

At 8/19/11 09:12 AM, Chronamut wrote:
At 8/19/11 08:59 AM, LiquidOoze wrote:
At 8/19/11 08:54 AM, Chronamut wrote: unts unts unts unts..
Actually it's pronounced as 'unce', not 'unts'. :P
I am including the hihat sound of course.

Ah yes, of course.

[Hidden Audio Gems]

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-08-19 09:46:40

At 8/19/11 09:16 AM, LiquidOoze wrote:
At 8/19/11 09:12 AM, Chronamut wrote: I am including the hihat sound of course.
Ah yes, of course.

Uhn-tss kah-tss uh-tss kah-tss

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-08-19 09:49:46

At 8/19/11 09:46 AM, Mich wrote:
Ah yes, of course.

It's actually uhn-tss kah-tss uhn fwah kah-tss.

The fwah is the badly reversed clap.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-08-19 09:50:15

At 8/19/11 09:46 AM, Mich wrote:
Ah yes, of course.

Hey, I just got a BRILLIANT idea for a game! Somebody should create a musical sentence with just text (like Mich just did) and we have to transcrive it to music! :D

[Hidden Audio Gems]

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-08-19 10:02:29

At 8/19/11 09:50 AM, LiquidOoze wrote: Hey, I just got a BRILLIANT idea for a game! Somebody should create a musical sentence with just text (like Mich just did) and we have to transcrive it to music! :D

It's not brilliant but eh.

Don't consider yourself a pioneer though.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-08-19 10:08:34

At 8/19/11 09:50 AM, LiquidOoze wrote: Hey, I just got a BRILLIANT idea for a game! Somebody should create a musical sentence with just text (like Mich just did) and we have to transcrive it to music! :D

Build a program in ChucK to parse it ;D

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-08-19 10:11:20

At 8/19/11 10:02 AM, Decibel wrote:
It's not brilliant but eh.

Don't consider yourself a pioneer though.

I think it's pretty cool. Ok, here's the amen break:

UNC--UNC--KAH--TSS-kh-TSS-kh-un-un-KAH-T SS (x2)
UNC--UNC--KAH--TSS-kh-TSS-kh-UNC--TSS--K AH
UNC--UNC--KAH--TSS-kh-TSS-kh-un-un-KAH-T SS

Not sure if the last 2 lines are correct but meh.

[Hidden Audio Gems]

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-08-19 11:24:07

Game

BWAOW, doopa doopa doo dee doo dah diddoh doo.
BWAOW, faow fitty fitty faow fitty fitty BWAOW, faow fitty fitty faow BWAOW BWOH.
Doopa doopa doo dee doo dah doo dah deeh.

THE NEWGROUNDS PODCAST

Sometimes, it would rain men. "Hallelujah!" we would cry. Thousands were killed.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-08-19 11:26:46

At 8/19/11 11:24 AM, Stupor wrote: Game

BWAOW, faow fitty fitty faow fitty fitty BWAOW, faow fitty fitty faow BWAOW BWOH.

Try again, but try and structure it a bit better...would be nice to know where the beats are falling!

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-08-19 12:03:14

Microsoft Sam can beatbox pretty good.

copypaste "doof doof kang tigga tigga doof kang tigga doof doof kang tigga tigga doof kang tigga doof doof kang tigga tigga doof doof kang tigga duddu kang tigga tigga bish, kang" for amen break lol

p.s. i am gay

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-08-19 12:49:25

Free will

Can't possibly exist. I just realized this. It made me sad kinda.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-08-19 13:00:36

Free will

All those sudden nihilistic realizations are surprisingly easy to get over. You'll probably be fine by tomorrow.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-08-19 13:14:45

At 8/19/11 11:26 AM, jarrydn wrote:
At 8/19/11 11:24 AM, Stupor wrote: Game

Try again, but try and structure it a bit better...would be nice to know where the beats are falling!

It's true dude. I tried working with it and couldn't figure it out. I couldn't write a solid drop for the life of me. Here's a sample of the intro for lulz tho.

quarl BandCamp

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-08-19 13:36:16

At 8/19/11 01:21 PM, LaForge wrote:
At 8/19/11 12:49 PM, SBB wrote: Free will

Can't possibly exist. I just realized this. It made me sad kinda.
Divulge your reasoning,

Everything in the universe is completely determined by physical laws, and it's kinda immodest to assert that humans have the ability to somehow go against causuality and do something that is not entirely determined by previous causes. Also that neuroscientists can predict a decision half a second before The person is consciously aware of themselves "making" that decision

because I think you're full of shit.

Do you have a problem with me LaForge?

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-08-19 13:40:04

At 8/19/11 01:36 PM, SBB wrote:
Everything in the universe is completely determined by physical laws, and it's kinda immodest to assert that humans have the ability to somehow go against causuality and do something that is not entirely determined by previous causes. Also that neuroscientists can predict a decision half a second before The person is consciously aware of themselves "making" that decision

Im'a go flick my bean. Why? BECAUSE I CAN AND IMA ENJOY THE FUCK OUT OF IT. I don't give a fuck if it's in the grand script of things or not. At least my brain is simple enough to have the illusion of free will.

Debbie downer >:/

quarl BandCamp

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-08-19 13:43:56

At 8/19/11 01:36 PM, SBB wrote:
Also that neuroscientists can predict a decision half a second before The person is consciously aware of themselves "making" that decision

So that means that we must constantly be changing our minds every 1/4 second in order to throw those bastards off then

Do you have a problem with me LaForge?

No, only with the fact that you thing the universe is completely determined before it happens. And the whole 1/2 second thing just means that the brain has processed it faster than the body can react. Don't entirely see how that makes free will non-exsistant. It would be like saying that someone could find jesus in a fucking bran muffin and then have a penis with a halo pop from it and have that just be normal.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-08-19 14:23:40

At 8/19/11 01:14 PM, Quarl wrote: Here's a sample of the intro for lulz tho.

Way to make a 30mb wav with 2 minutes of silence.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-08-19 14:25:11

Always talk a shit load when I'm not around, eh?

doof doof kang tigga tigga doof kang tigga doof doof kang tigga tigga doof kang tigga doof doof kang tigga tigga doof doof kang tigga duddu kang tigga tigga bish, kang|||| shit made me laugh, go try it

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-08-19 14:35:52

At 8/19/11 02:23 PM, InvisibleObserver wrote:
At 8/19/11 01:14 PM, Quarl wrote: Here's a sample of the intro for lulz tho.
Way to make a 30mb wav with 2 minutes of silence.

You didn't have to listen to the silence :/

quarl BandCamp

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-08-19 14:36:26

At 8/19/11 02:15 PM, LaForge wrote: The very fact that you're contemplating free will implies you have it.

Nope, I can explain it pretty well based on a rough outline of the causes that lead up to me making a claim against free will.

Saying some laws of physics determine what I'm going to do next seems absolutely silly to me.

Everything we see in the world, from the motion of stars and galaxies to interactions between tiny particles is (at least according to all scientific evidence ever and daily experience) completely determined by laws of physics, so why should somehow the actions of humans be the single exception?

I can plan what I'm going to do ahead of time, then change my mind at the last minute. That's called free will.

You change your mind due to some causes in the past- just because your thoughts change it doesn't neccesarily mean they're free

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-08-19 14:40:26

At 8/19/11 02:36 PM, SBB wrote: (Snip)
You change your mind due to some causes in the past- just because your thoughts change it doesn't neccesarily mean they're free

I just gotta say, this is one of the most ridiculous arguments I've ever seen.

Keep it up!

Audio/BBS Mod

News: Bye bye Skype - Music: Tonight Will Be The Night- Art: Kira

\/\/\/ Click the sig for fun times! \/\/\/

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-08-19 14:49:04

free will

i would argue that the possible illusion of free will is the matter of how the universe really is - deterministic or not deterministic. as far as we can tell now, it's not, but there are way too many underlying factors of how the universe is built that we simply can't tell. i prefer to live with the possible illusion, however.

Wakka wakka

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-08-19 14:51:58

At 8/19/11 04:56 AM, InvisibleObserver wrote: Can't sleep

People stress me out, can I get an amen?

Amen.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-08-19 15:10:24

Free Will

mleh

-----------------------

On another note, this is the most inspiring video about a composer I've ever seen.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-08-19 15:14:49

At 8/19/11 03:10 PM, LogicalDefiance wrote: On another note, this is the most inspiring video about a composer I've ever seen.

Wow, talk about natural music...

[Hidden Audio Gems]

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-08-19 16:26:57

Pukkelpop

So there's this huge festival near where I live, which was supposed to run until Sunday. It got cancelled today however, because this happened. 5 people died and 70 got wounded. Now that is some scary shit :/

New tune: Yag

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-08-19 16:32:08

At 8/19/11 02:40 PM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote: I just gotta say, this is one of the most ridiculous arguments I've ever seen.

Keep it up!

You didn't even address it. Simply dismissing something as ridiculous without pointing out the flaws in it isn't a valid argument.

I had to rush the post though so it came off as a bit vague, what I meant is you are ultimately not in control of the causes that cause you to change your mind. It seemed from what I was quoting that the phenomenon that people's opinions aren't rigid and never-changing, somehow proved free will exists.

At 8/19/11 03:05 PM, LaForge wrote: This is a bullshit argument. "Oh, gravity and inertia causes planets to do things, let's correlate that in a ridiculous fashion to our every day lives!" It sounds like you're saying if you can't control one thing, you can't control anything.

I didn't say say "planets are governed by gravity and inertia" or anything of the like, I said
everything we know of, on every conceivable scale, is governed by physical laws. Some examples from our every day lives: the way dominos fall, the way pressure waves (sound) are created from the falling dominos, the deformation of skin when you stick a needle in it and the electrochemical reactions that happen in the nervous system to register that needle prick as pain, which may or may not trigger an emotional response depending on the surroundings, experiences, genes and tons of other causes that you're ultimately not in control of yourself - can all be explained through a set of physical, causual laws.

Which is why I think it's silly to think that whether you end up choosing milk or orange juice is somehow removed from causuality, as opposed to every single other thing in the universe that we know of.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-08-19 16:48:32

Btw I did choose this topic to discuss out of the blue mostly to see how heated the discussion would get. Which I realize is kinda like trolling but not really since my opinion is real. But then again if I'm right about free will then the opinion isn't really real is it. Fuck