New Topic Respond to this Topic
jarrydn
jarrydn
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Artist
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-05-13 05:46:38 Reply

At 5/12/11 11:26 PM, midimachine wrote: puh-lease! i'm still super jealous of jarrydn's juno :<

I used to have the rack version as well, but I gave it to my dad because it was kinda overkill :3

Lol, the Alpha Juno is pretty affordable dude. Last time I checked they were still going for 200 - 300.

Chronamut
Chronamut
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Artist
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-05-13 08:25:44 Reply

yes yes you all have nice racks, but my collection of vintage clothing is still far superior to any of yours :p

and duly noted midimachine - must keep the commoners in their places and so forth and whatnot hurr hurr hurr

Chronamut
Chronamut
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Artist
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-05-13 12:03:15 Reply

I clicked on general today out of boredom - as this forum tends to progress slowly..

and I swear to god.. i FELT my intelligence level slow down, as well as the intelligence level of newgrounds.

My brain actually HURT.

no more - unless it's late at night and i'm bored as shit. I can't take that place anymore. I'm glad I avoided it until 2009.

krssvr
krssvr
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Audiophile
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-05-13 12:14:28 Reply

At 5/13/11 12:03 PM, Chronamut wrote: I clicked on general today out of boredom - as this forum tends to progress slowly..

and I swear to god.. i FELT my intelligence level slow down, as well as the intelligence level of newgrounds.

My brain actually HURT.

no more - unless it's late at night and i'm bored as shit. I can't take that place anymore. I'm glad I avoided it until 2009.

Same, i hardly go there cause most of the threads are filled with the trollfaic

"I want to care but I just... don't" -Me
Need somewhere to host audio instantly?

BBS Signature
Nav
Nav
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Audiophile
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-05-13 14:40:27 Reply

At 5/13/11 05:46 AM, jarrydn wrote: I used to have the rack version as well, but I gave it to my dad because it was kinda overkill :3

Lol, the Alpha Juno is pretty affordable dude. Last time I checked they were still going for 200 - 300.

Yeah, plus I feel like the 303 had a much larger impact on electronic music in general than the Alpha Juno did. Sure, the Juno did some cool stuff with rave music, but the 303 was behind acid house, acid techno, acid fucking anything as well as pretty much any genre that dares to call itself hardcore. Even stuff that isn't hard as hell can use it. Listening to some old Vinylgroover records (RAAAAIN ON MEEEEEEEEEE), it wouldn't have been near as energetic or interesting without ye olde Roland TB-303.

FairSquare
FairSquare
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-05-13 16:19:42 Reply

At 5/13/11 12:03 PM, Chronamut wrote: I clicked on general today out of boredom - as this forum tends to progress slowly..

My brain actually HURT.

Pffft, it's not like you made many threads there and (cam)whored yourself out.
I like General. The place really sucks you in if you stay too long.

Example of my singing here

BBS Signature
MrSaint
MrSaint
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Melancholy
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-05-13 18:29:21 Reply

At 5/13/11 04:19 PM, FairSquare wrote:

My brain actually HURT.

Pffft, it's not like you made many threads there and (cam)whored yourself out.
I like General. The place really sucks you in if you stay too long.

Browsing the General forum is like swimming in a pool of shit with diamonds randomly spread in it.

Sometimes you can find fantastic topics and great contributors, but usually you encounter trollfaics. Still, that place rocks.

But nevertheless, Audio Forum is closer to my heart, because you know, I think we have a much tightly knitted community than General. I think one of the reasons is because the newbies and so called "outsiders" start their BBS travels in there, rather than in the good ol' Audio forum.

A blessing to be with you, guises

No gay
WildeKeizer
WildeKeizer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-05-13 18:30:44 Reply

At 5/13/11 06:29 PM, MrSaint wrote:
A blessing to be with you, guises

No gay

That wasn't gay at all.

jarrydn
jarrydn
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Artist
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-05-13 19:44:15 Reply

At 5/13/11 02:40 PM, Nav wrote:
At 5/13/11 05:46 AM, jarrydn wrote: I used to have the rack version as well, but I gave it to my dad because it was kinda overkill :3

Yeah, plus I feel like the 303 had a much larger impact on electronic music in general than the Alpha Juno did. Sure, the Juno did some cool stuff with rave music, but the 303 was behind acid house, acid techno, acid fucking anything as well as pretty much any genre that dares to call itself hardcore. Even stuff that isn't hard as hell can use it. Listening to some old Vinylgroover records (RAAAAIN ON MEEEEEEEEEE), it wouldn't have been near as energetic or interesting without ye olde Roland TB-303.

They both have their merits, but the 303 is the unanimous champion. The Alpha Juno was the first sub-$1000 analog poly (if my memory serves me correctly), and like the 303, it had fairly average specs on paper, but a gorgeous sound that belies it's stats.

However, the 303 came much earlier, was easily attained by poor musicians, and had the kookiest little sequencer that spat out dance riffs just by looking at it.

I would love an original 303, but I cannot justify the price for such a one trick pony (which is not a problem at all, I have many one trick ponies :3). I will eventually settle for an xoxbox, or whichever clone is being produced at the time when I decide to spring for it.

Darkmaster603
Darkmaster603
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-05-14 02:04:33 Reply

New car

Just purchased a Mitsubishi 93 3000GT, finally done with that fucking ugly Nissan Altima.

The Audio Forum Lounge

Comment/follow/click on some ads

Sig courtesy of InvisibleObserver

BBS Signature
Kirbyfemur
Kirbyfemur
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Audiophile
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-05-14 02:42:46 Reply

Funk
Why is it so much damn fun to right, while trying to be dissonant and melodic at the same time? I think i'm just having a bit of crossover from practicing the bass to Soul/Blues/Funk songs. I'm actually going to be performing live in front of peoples, and (as strange as this may sound) with my mom's band.

Soul Food
"Jefferson state" is an alright song, but i would suggest starting at "What Ya Gonna Do?" an go from there. :3

Back-From-Purgatory
Back-From-Purgatory
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-05-14 02:56:01 Reply

At 5/14/11 02:42 AM, Kirbyfemur wrote: Funk

Not as weird as it sounds... the drummer I jam with every weekend is my friends dad. And we've been writing orchestral metal.

Compliment or Insult

I'm never sure how to take these kinds of comments, but I just got a review on one of the covers (See sig) I did saying "I'm always curious on the aspect of whether or not that's actually you playing guitar/bass."

Should I take that as a compliment? I mean, usually when someone says something like that, it's because something is good and they question the legit nature of it... Or they could just be saying I suck at guitar and they refuse to believe I played it.

Either way, they liked the cover, so I chose to take it as a compliment... and offered to take pictures of the instruments I used to play the parts if need be... And if worse comes to worse, I can always put up a youtube video of me playing it.

Audio/BBS Mod
News: Bye bye Skype - Music: Tonight Will Be The Night- Art: Kira
\/\/\/ Click the sig for fun times! \/\/\/

BBS Signature
EchozAurora
EchozAurora
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-05-14 03:00:18 Reply

At 5/14/11 02:04 AM, Darkmaster603 wrote: New car

Just purchased a Mitsubishi 93 3000GT, finally done with that fucking ugly Nissan Altima.

I feel sorry for you.

I had a 96...

Fun car... fast car...

BITCH TO MAINTAIN.

I got mine in great condition for a lil under $8000... and sold it a few years later for $1500... after dumping about another 6 or 7 grand into it. Good luck lol

At 1/16/12 03:08 AM, Xyresic wrote: EchozAurora: The SEXY Audio Mod.
Check out soundcloud.com/echozaurora for more recent songs and DJ mixes!

BBS Signature
Kirbyfemur
Kirbyfemur
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Audiophile
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-05-14 03:00:23 Reply

At 5/14/11 02:56 AM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote:
At 5/14/11 02:42 AM, Kirbyfemur wrote: Funk
Not as weird as it sounds... the drummer I jam with every weekend is my friends dad. And we've been writing orchestral metal.

WOO! Sweet

Compliment or Insult

That one's a little hard to figure out. Heck if you are worried about it (not saying that you are) You could always PM the person to get a clarification. But that's only if you are to concerned.

Back-From-Purgatory
Back-From-Purgatory
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-05-14 03:04:58 Reply

At 5/14/11 03:00 AM, Kirbyfemur wrote:
Compliment or Insult
That one's a little hard to figure out. Heck if you are worried about it (not saying that you are) You could always PM the person to get a clarification. But that's only if you are to concerned.

Nah, I'm not overly concerned about it really, it just racks my brain every time someone makes a comment like that, I'm never sure how I should take it. Not that I would care even if it was meant as a malicious statement, if they don't believe me, they don't believe me, life goes on.

Now, speaking of jamming with people you wouldn't normally think you'd jam with... I have to be up in 6 hours to go jam, so I'm heading to bed.

Audio/BBS Mod

BBS Signature
Kirbyfemur
Kirbyfemur
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Audiophile
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-05-14 03:10:28 Reply

At 5/14/11 03:04 AM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote: Now, speaking of jamming with people you wouldn't normally think you'd jam with... I have to be up in 6 hours to go jam, so I'm heading to bed.

Haha sleep well, tomorrow i'm going to be practicing/jamming hopefully with the drummer that is playing, but he's being picky so we may never know

WildeKeizer
WildeKeizer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-05-14 05:36:46 Reply

Sigh

At 8 hours ago, DevotionTrance wrote:

Distrix is like that, it's just his personality, we are used to having to deal with alot of noobs on newgrounds. And yes, I heard the sidechaining; but it could have been something somebody else did for you etc so i just wanted you to understand what it was. Just work on those 4 points the most. Trust me.

You are still acting like I am a dumb fuck. Relax, not everyone is a noob on newgrounds.

Mich
Mich
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-05-14 06:00:58 Reply

At 5/14/11 05:36 AM, WildeKeizer wrote: Sigh
At 8 hours ago, DevotionTrance wrote: Distrix is like that, it's just his personality, we are used to having to deal with alot of noobs on newgrounds. And yes, I heard the sidechaining; but it could have been something somebody else did for you etc so i just wanted you to understand what it was. Just work on those 4 points the most. Trust me.
You are still acting like I am a dumb fuck. Relax, not everyone is a noob on newgrounds.

I'd just like to mention that PM replies go on the 'reply to PM' page, not on the "reply to topic' page.

WildeKeizer
WildeKeizer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-05-14 06:08:33 Reply

At 5/14/11 06:00 AM, Mich wrote:
I'd just like to mention that PM replies go on the 'reply to PM' page, not on the "reply to topic' page.

Oh I replied to him as well.

midimachine
midimachine
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 14
Audiophile
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-05-14 07:03:00 Reply

fucks given: 0

p.s. i am gay

midimachine
midimachine
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 14
Audiophile
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-05-14 07:18:51 Reply

At 5/13/11 07:44 PM, jarrydn wrote: I would love an original 303, but I cannot justify the price for such a one trick pony (which is not a problem at all, I have many one trick ponies :3). I will eventually settle for an xoxbox, or whichever clone is being produced at the time when I decide to spring for it.

Have you considered VST emulations? ABL and Phoscyon are both really good!

p.s. i am gay

Nav
Nav
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Audiophile
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-05-14 07:30:16 Reply

At 5/14/11 07:18 AM, midimachine wrote: Have you considered VST emulations? ABL and Phoscyon are both really good!

Yeah, I've had a very positive experience with Phoscyon (although I didn't like the 1.8 update that completely changed the GUI and altered the sound).

I guess one of the cool-ish parts of a real 303 is that it's apparently a huge pain in the ass to program ANYTHING into it. I remember hearing that the guys who did Acid Trax just "turned it on and it had this pattern in there and all we did was tweak the knobs."

For someone like me who has no outboard production gear (unless you consider a vinyl DJ setup to be production gear), anything is cool :)

midimachine
midimachine
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 14
Audiophile
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-05-14 08:28:19 Reply

I updated from 1.6 to 1.8 and didn't really notice a huge difference in sound or interface but maybe I'm going crazy!

p.s. i am gay

Darkmaster603
Darkmaster603
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-05-14 09:01:26 Reply

At 5/14/11 03:00 AM, EchozAurora wrote:
At 5/14/11 02:04 AM, Darkmaster603 wrote: New car

I feel sorry for you.

I had a 96...

Fun car... fast car...

BITCH TO MAINTAIN.

I got mine in great condition for a lil under $8000... and sold it a few years later for $1500... after dumping about another 6 or 7 grand into it. Good luck lol

Yea I've heard they were a pain in the ass, I've been lurking around 3si.org and they've been really helpful and have a whole bunch of useful information. I got mine for $3500 and it has 77k miles. It was a drug dealers car and his niece was driving it, then he got arrested. She left her sketchbook in the car too, she was a furry.

Comment/follow/click on some ads

Sig courtesy of InvisibleObserver

BBS Signature
jarrydn
jarrydn
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Artist
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-05-14 12:52:05 Reply

At 5/14/11 07:18 AM, midimachine wrote: Have you considered VST emulations? ABL and Phoscyon are both really good!

I quite enjoy ReBirth, and the various emulations I have on my iPhone, but I have recently developed this disgusting habit of collecting every boutique synth that gets released, as they are usually tiny and on the "cheap" side. Whenever I look over at my synth collection, there is always an ominous hole where I reckon an xoxbox should be residing,

Honestly, I don't really need one, as most/all of my music doesn't call for a 303 type sound, but I guess I just *want* one :P

I like to think of my studio as an inspiring environment, even if I don't use much of my hardware. It's cool to be able to plug shit in and just have a bit of a jam. However, I'm severely lacking in the sequencer and 303 department, and to me, it seems like an xoxbox would fulfill both of those needs/wants, and more importantly, rescue me from my OCD synth collecting nature (for a while >__>)

FairSquare
FairSquare
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-05-14 18:57:24 Reply

Meanwhile, somewhere on the north pole

Santa is preparing this years Christmas present for Chronamut

The Audio Forum Lounge

Example of my singing here

BBS Signature
jarrydn
jarrydn
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Artist
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-05-14 21:36:01 Reply

I think with most animals it helps to hit them at the base of the skull, obliterating the brain stem. I'm guessing that there was still a fair portion of the brain left intact, which would have been discharging all it's energy into the spinal column. I'm no biologist, so really this is just an educated guess.

I once saw my stepdad gut a fish on the beach so expertly, that when he threw the intact and exposed organs back into the sea, they were still functioning. As a small child it was fairly confronting, watching these throbbing, pulsating guts being chucked back into the ocean to die, but now I find it mildly curious.

I'm still a massive soft-cock when it comes to animals, which sucks, because it just proves how far removed from reality most people are. I think kids need to know where their food comes from, and I think being taught how to use a tool or weapon to catch an animal is something that all children should experience until they are competent at it.

Envy
Envy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-05-14 21:56:14 Reply

Humans are the only thing I hunt. There's nothing else like it.

At 3/27/11 10:22 PM, sugarsimon wrote:
the brilliant songs who create a production for music
Wat

Back-From-Purgatory
Back-From-Purgatory
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-05-14 22:04:21 Reply

At 5/14/11 09:56 PM, Envy wrote: Humans are the only thing I hunt. There's nothing else like it.

Well, people are always talking about thinning out over-populated species... The human race is the most over-populated of them all.

I say we start forcefully putting Darwins theory in motion.

Audio/BBS Mod

BBS Signature
Chronamut
Chronamut
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Artist
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-05-14 22:09:47 Reply

At 5/14/11 10:04 PM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote:
At 5/14/11 09:56 PM, Envy wrote: Humans are the only thing I hunt. There's nothing else like it.
Well, people are always talking about thinning out over-populated species... The human race is the most over-populated of them all.

I say we start forcefully putting Darwins theory in motion.

we just need more gay people - nature takes care of itself by outputting more gays to control population or some absurd and bullshit notion and such.

and that bear looks big enough for me to bang on the INSIDE!