Be a Supporter!

The Audio Forum Lounge

  • 896,295 Views
  • 35,895 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
Darkmaster603
Darkmaster603
  • Member since: Dec. 30, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Apr. 23rd, 2011 @ 11:07 AM Reply

At 4/23/11 11:01 AM, LogicalDefiance wrote:
At 4/23/11 10:51 AM, Darkmaster603 wrote: Went to my first rave last night. Fucking dubstep for over 2 hours. I think we are just getting into the dubstep craze over here.
Do you guys call your state the armpit of the US as well? Just curious =P

I live in Indiana


Comment/follow/click on some ads

Sig courtesy of InvisibleObserver

BBS Signature
WerewNC
WerewNC
  • Member since: Oct. 5, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Apr. 23rd, 2011 @ 11:14 AM Reply

At 4/23/11 02:59 AM, Kirbyfemur wrote:
At 4/23/11 01:59 AM, WerewNC wrote: Why I'm a misogynist. Girls fuck over (rather than fuck) nice guys.
I'm glad i've always been a nice guy. Pretty much, it's saved me from getting STD's :P

Wow. I've never seen so much false optimism in my life before.

At 4/23/11 02:26 AM, Chronamut wrote:
At 4/23/11 01:32 AM, Kirbyfemur wrote:
Lol if this was the case for everyone, then i would be screwed(and not in the good way). Also as far as gay guys raping on the first "Date", isn't it no longer a date and now an excuse to call the cops?
no because you yell surprise!

seriously tough - you ant rape a gay man if you're gay.. its just like saying hello - they bend over and take it.
Wow, that sounds kinda dumb, they don't even see if the other has STD's or some other issue first?

I'd personally rather live like Freddie Mercury for 45 years than live 120 years alone.

At 4/23/11 07:28 AM, dekeizer wrote: I never had a girlfriend, so shut ur faic >:(

I've never had a girlfriend and I'm 23. Quit bitching about it on online forums, go to Walmart and get a pack of light blue T-shirts, write, "I like bigger ladies and I'm an introvert. Please ask me out, I won't turn you down," on them with a Sharpie, wear them to school, get talked about because you are a psychopath, get some big chick to take a chance asking you out, and profit. Problem solved, stop being a dick to other single people.

At 4/23/11 07:49 AM, jarrydn wrote:
At 4/23/11 01:59 AM, WerewNC wrote: Why I'm a misogynist.
Yeah cool man, do you also hate blackies and fags?

Naw, I'm just jealous of blacks 'cause of their big cocks and jealous of gay 'cause they get to have wild sex with strangers. I loathe women.

At 4/23/11 10:03 AM, crapatflash wrote:
At 4/23/11 09:59 AM, LogicalDefiance wrote: I've been single for about a month now, and I am a big fat white guy who gets nervous really easy and likes to play world of warcraft for fun, yet I managed to get dates with 4 chicks; 3 of whom are nice people too.

So man up!
LIES!
LIES AND SLANDER!

Yep, I'm a fit guy that spends most of his time (apart from winter) outside. I regularly ask girls out, and I'm regularly turned down. I think it freaks them out when they realize I'm actually listening to them.

At 4/23/11 10:54 AM, LogicalDefiance wrote: No but really, I had the same problem in high school. There's something about being in a college program in a field, that you have to love to be in, that brings people together. Between the 60 or so music students at my college I don't think theres one person that I dont know and like (except the girl stalking me, yuck!)

That doesn't work for engineers, you know.

At 4/23/11 10:57 AM, uint wrote: Women, singles and a made-up story

So, uh, what do women generally think of casual sex?

Depends on their age.


I blame the drugs.

BBS Signature
jarrydn
jarrydn
  • Member since: Jul. 15, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 10
Artist
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Apr. 23rd, 2011 @ 11:15 AM Reply

At 4/23/11 10:51 AM, Darkmaster603 wrote: Went to my first rave last night. Fucking dubstep for over 2 hours. I think we are just getting into the dubstep craze over here.

Congrats man, PLUR and all that :)

dekeizer
dekeizer
  • Member since: Apr. 17, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Apr. 23rd, 2011 @ 11:32 AM Reply

At 4/23/11 11:14 AM, WerewNC wrote:
At 4/23/11 07:28 AM, dekeizer wrote: I never had a girlfriend, so shut ur faic >:(
Problem solved, stop being a dick to other single people.

My post was sarcastic.. hence the 'ur faic'. :/

Acid-Paradox
Acid-Paradox
  • Member since: Aug. 29, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 23
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Apr. 23rd, 2011 @ 12:06 PM Reply

what the fuck is going on here?


Music is my passion , not my business.

dekeizer
dekeizer
  • Member since: Apr. 17, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Apr. 23rd, 2011 @ 12:34 PM Reply

I heard thunder, just now. :3

Psil0
Psil0
  • Member since: Jul. 13, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Apr. 23rd, 2011 @ 02:53 PM Reply

At 4/23/11 10:51 AM, Darkmaster603 wrote: Went to my first rave last night. Fucking dubstep for over 2 hours. I think we are just getting into the dubstep craze over here.

Congrats man (I went to about 8 or 9 this year already).

Also I remember only about a year ago dubstep was still pretty underground here in the states and then during the summer the scene just seemed to blow up and now it's been growing.

EricFreeman
EricFreeman
  • Member since: Jan. 6, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Apr. 23rd, 2011 @ 03:52 PM Reply

At 4/23/11 02:53 PM, Psil0 wrote: Also I remember only about a year ago dubstep was still pretty underground here in the states and then during the summer the scene just seemed to blow up and now it's been growing.

I know exactly what you mean. I live in UT and deadmau5 came out for a rave many months back and Skrillex played on the second stage and nobody knew who he was. About two weeks ago I went to a rave Skrillex was headlining and the place was sold out.

jpbear
jpbear
  • Member since: Apr. 24, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Apr. 23rd, 2011 @ 11:17 PM Reply

At 4/23/11 02:53 PM, Psil0 wrote:
Also I remember only about a year ago dubstep was still pretty underground here in the states and then during the summer the scene just seemed to blow up and now it's been growing.

Dont really think its a scene anymore imo, at least not in Houston. Even middle schoolers love that shit.

Breed
Breed
  • Member since: Mar. 23, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 11
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Apr. 24th, 2011 @ 03:03 AM Reply

I saw the chicago symphony tonight! Dear god it makes me wish I was a performer instead of a composer...oh well =P

I also recorded it, but shhhh cuz thats illegal.

Back-From-Purgatory
Back-From-Purgatory
  • Member since: Dec. 11, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 33
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Apr. 24th, 2011 @ 03:26 AM Reply

Personalized Sig

Fancy new sig, go!

And I gotta say, it was a real pain in the ass to make.


Audio/BBS Mod
News: I want to write more metal... - Music: The Inevitability - Art: Kira
\/\/\/ Click the sig for fun times! \/\/\/

BBS Signature
Psil0
Psil0
  • Member since: Jul. 13, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Apr. 24th, 2011 @ 03:29 AM Reply

At 4/23/11 11:17 PM, jpbear wrote:
At 4/23/11 02:53 PM, Psil0 wrote:
Also I remember only about a year ago dubstep was still pretty underground here in the states and then during the summer the scene just seemed to blow up and now it's been growing.
Dont really think its a scene anymore imo, at least not in Houston. Even middle schoolers love that shit.

Yeah, I can understand that. But then again I feel some of the younger crowds really don't understand it. I constantly hear people talking about pop music and calling it dubstep, just because it has some part that might be slightly influenced by it.

Imo, it still has a long way to go to work in with the younger generation.

FairSquare
FairSquare
  • Member since: Sep. 25, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Apr. 24th, 2011 @ 05:02 AM Reply

Went to a concert

On my birthday, my sister and her husband (they married last thursday :D) gave me tickets for a Spinvis concert.
Spinvis makes really cool (dutch) music. A bit experimental with awesome lyrics.
Every time he performs one of his songs live, he performs it in a unique way.
Anyway, i had a great time. Yay!


Example of my singing here

BBS Signature
jarrydn
jarrydn
  • Member since: Jul. 15, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 10
Artist
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Apr. 24th, 2011 @ 06:27 AM Reply

At 4/24/11 03:29 AM, Psil0 wrote: Imo, it still has a long way to go to work in with the younger generation.

Personally, I think it's the other way around. The crusty older generation needs to get with the times. I feel like I can identify more with what the "younger" crowd finds cool these days, as opposed to all of the older cunts standing back with their arms folded, looking on in some kind of desperate disdain.

dekeizer
dekeizer
  • Member since: Apr. 17, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Apr. 24th, 2011 @ 12:31 PM Reply

I have to go to church again today and waste another 2 hours when I could be finishing up my homework for the break. >:(

Breed
Breed
  • Member since: Mar. 23, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 11
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Apr. 24th, 2011 @ 01:11 PM Reply

Talking about religion

I vote no

MrSaint
MrSaint
  • Member since: Sep. 9, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Melancholy
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Apr. 24th, 2011 @ 01:16 PM Reply

Guises I am confuzzled

There was a new girl at our school I liked, but she started meeting with some dude, ignoring me totally. So I decided to forget about all this bullshit and be the lone wolf I am, and guess what? She starts having sympathy towards me.

I iz relly confuzed

Kirbyfemur
Kirbyfemur
  • Member since: Dec. 18, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 13
Audiophile
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Apr. 24th, 2011 @ 02:20 PM Reply

At 4/24/11 03:26 AM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote: Personalized Sig

Fancy new sig, go!

And I gotta say, it was a real pain in the ass to make.

What did you use to make it?

Back-From-Purgatory
Back-From-Purgatory
  • Member since: Dec. 11, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 33
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Apr. 24th, 2011 @ 02:22 PM Reply

At 4/24/11 02:20 PM, Kirbyfemur wrote:
At 4/24/11 03:26 AM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote: Personalized Sig

Fancy new sig, go!

And I gotta say, it was a real pain in the ass to make.
What did you use to make it?

Photoshop CS5, a picture of fire I pulled off google, and A LOT of time.


Audio/BBS Mod
News: I want to write more metal... - Music: The Inevitability - Art: Kira
\/\/\/ Click the sig for fun times! \/\/\/

BBS Signature
Kirbyfemur
Kirbyfemur
  • Member since: Dec. 18, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 13
Audiophile
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Apr. 24th, 2011 @ 02:25 PM Reply

At 4/24/11 02:22 PM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote: Photoshop CS5, a picture of fire I pulled off google, and A LOT of time.

Nice, all i did was find a couple pics on google and used "fancy" letting for mine from GIMP lol I r gud at fotoeshop

Back-From-Purgatory
Back-From-Purgatory
  • Member since: Dec. 11, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 33
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Apr. 24th, 2011 @ 02:27 PM Reply

At 4/24/11 02:25 PM, Kirbyfemur wrote:
At 4/24/11 02:22 PM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote: Photoshop CS5, a picture of fire I pulled off google, and A LOT of time.
Nice, all i did was find a couple pics on google and used "fancy" letting for mine from GIMP lol I r gud at fotoeshop

I'm trying to get back into my art, so figured I may as well take my time with my banner/sig. Although I didn't think it'd take me as long to do that as it did... my hand was numb afterwords... so much tweaking it's not even funny.


Audio/BBS Mod
News: I want to write more metal... - Music: The Inevitability - Art: Kira
\/\/\/ Click the sig for fun times! \/\/\/

BBS Signature
Kirbyfemur
Kirbyfemur
  • Member since: Dec. 18, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 13
Audiophile
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Apr. 24th, 2011 @ 02:33 PM Reply

At 4/24/11 02:27 PM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote:
I'm trying to get back into my art, so figured I may as well take my time with my banner/sig. Although I didn't think it'd take me as long to do that as it did... my hand was numb afterwords... so much tweaking it's not even funny.

Ouch, i could imagine. There is a lot of fine detail in it. It almost looks like a special kind of font you'd find in a program actually

Back-From-Purgatory
Back-From-Purgatory
  • Member since: Dec. 11, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 33
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Apr. 24th, 2011 @ 02:37 PM Reply

At 4/24/11 02:33 PM, Kirbyfemur wrote: Ouch, i could imagine. There is a lot of fine detail in it. It almost looks like a special kind of font you'd find in a program actually

That's part of the reason my hand was numb afterwords, that's a plain jane bold font called "Impact". I warped the letters, put glow on them, put a shadow behind it, along with numerous other effects/filters.

... Then I started putting fire on it, which took a couple hours all by itself. Very time consuming. I think it was worth it though, I'm happy with it.


Audio/BBS Mod
News: I want to write more metal... - Music: The Inevitability - Art: Kira
\/\/\/ Click the sig for fun times! \/\/\/

BBS Signature
Kirbyfemur
Kirbyfemur
  • Member since: Dec. 18, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 13
Audiophile
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Apr. 24th, 2011 @ 02:40 PM Reply

At 4/24/11 02:37 PM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote: That's part of the reason my hand was numb afterwords, that's a plain jane bold font called "Impact". I warped the letters, put glow on them, put a shadow behind it, along with numerous other effects/filters.

... Then I started putting fire on it, which took a couple hours all by itself. Very time consuming. I think it was worth it though, I'm happy with it.

Now i feel really lazy for the way i did mine lol

The only thing I would say about the banner is that is seems a little small, but i can understand since the requirements are a bit small for this forums banner size

Back-From-Purgatory
Back-From-Purgatory
  • Member since: Dec. 11, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 33
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Apr. 24th, 2011 @ 02:45 PM Reply

At 4/24/11 02:40 PM, Kirbyfemur wrote:
At 4/24/11 02:37 PM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote: That's part of the reason my hand was numb afterwords, that's a plain jane bold font called "Impact". I warped the letters, put glow on them, put a shadow behind it, along with numerous other effects/filters.

... Then I started putting fire on it, which took a couple hours all by itself. Very time consuming. I think it was worth it though, I'm happy with it.
Now i feel really lazy for the way i did mine lol

The only thing I would say about the banner is that is seems a little small, but i can understand since the requirements are a bit small for this forums banner size

Yeah, it's a lot smaller as a sig than I'd like... but that's mostly because I made it originally for the banner spot on my profile, not for a forum sig. The height requirements for the forum is half the size to that of the profile banner, so when it shrunk the height, it also halved the width as well.

I'm debating fixing it up a little to make a forum sig version... we'll see how much work it ends up being, heh.

In any case, I'm off... hopefully I've inspired you to numb your hands with a new sig now.


Audio/BBS Mod
News: I want to write more metal... - Music: The Inevitability - Art: Kira
\/\/\/ Click the sig for fun times! \/\/\/

BBS Signature
Kirbyfemur
Kirbyfemur
  • Member since: Dec. 18, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 13
Audiophile
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Apr. 24th, 2011 @ 02:52 PM Reply

At 4/24/11 02:45 PM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote:
In any case, I'm off... hopefully I've inspired you to numb your hands with a new sig now.

HA! Me actually put effort into something other than music? HA! Sir, i do say HA!

lol I would give your hands at least some break there dude

djInTheDark
djInTheDark
  • Member since: May. 10, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 26
Blank Slate
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Apr. 24th, 2011 @ 03:49 PM Reply

Concerts

Me too. I went and heard Mozarts Requiem (and related works from other composers) on Friday. My favorite movement is still the Dies Irae though.


The Main Thing is to keep the Main, Thing the Main Thing.
Latest Song: Retraktion [House/Electro] / Latest Mix: Voltaicly Uncondensed

BBS Signature
Breed
Breed
  • Member since: Mar. 23, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 11
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Apr. 24th, 2011 @ 03:58 PM Reply

At 4/24/11 03:49 PM, djInTheDark wrote: Concerts

Me too. I went and heard Mozarts Requiem (and related works from other composers) on Friday. My favorite movement is still the Dies Irae though.

Ah man you broke the 9x piss color combo! Also that sounds amazing

Envy
Envy
  • Member since: Aug. 7, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Apr. 24th, 2011 @ 04:56 PM Reply

At 4/24/11 03:49 PM, djInTheDark wrote: Concerts

Me too. I went and heard Mozarts Requiem (and related works from other composers) on Friday. My favorite movement is still the Dies Irae though.

Similarly to wolfgang Mozart, I'm going to a Wolfgang Gartner concert tomorrow.

I'm fucking stoked.


At 3/27/11 10:22 PM, sugarsimon wrote:
the brilliant songs who create a production for music
Wat

dekeizer
dekeizer
  • Member since: Apr. 17, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Apr. 24th, 2011 @ 05:42 PM Reply

At 4/24/11 04:56 PM, Envy wrote:
Similarly to wolfgang Mozart, I'm going to a Wolfgang Gartner concert tomorrow.

I'm fucking stoked.

please record some epic moments so that I can envy you more.